Has there ever been a wilder NFL season? The playoff picture in both conferences!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Forward_Lateral
    • Mar 2004

Has there ever been a wilder NFL season? The playoff picture in both conferences!

I can't recall a season where, this late in the year, there was so many teams still just a game back of a playoff spot.

In the AFC there's 6 teams at 7-6, and one at 8-5 that plays multiple 7-6 teams down the stretch.

KC is only a game up on Denver for the AFC West, which is wild considering Denver started the season absolutely awful.

The NFC is just as nuts!

There's Minnesota at 7-6, GB at 6-6, then 4 teams at 6-7, including 3 that are all tied in the NFC South!

This is going to be a wild ride, with many of the teams in each conference playing each other, the muddied picture should get clearer within the next few weeks. Right?
  • Novacane
    • Jul 2002

Re: Has there ever been a wilder NFL season? The playoff picture in both conferences!

We just need to win the next four. Separate from the pack.

Comment

• DraftBoy
      Administrator
      • Jul 2002

Re: Has there ever been a wilder NFL season? The playoff picture in both conferences!

Seems like a pretty down year overall for most of the league. While it will make the playoff chase and fantasy football playoffs exciting, I’d expect pretty much straight chalk in the playoffs.
      COMING SOON...
      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Novacane
        • Jul 2002

There is no favorite to win the AFC. When's the last time anyone could remember that? Is any team in the hunt not capable of beating Baltimore or Miami?

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
          There is no favorite to win the AFC. When's the last time anyone could remember that? Is any team in the hunt not capable of beating Baltimore or Miami?
          Miami is the favorite, without question. Baltimore is right there too with KC a little bit behind them.
          COMING SOON...

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
            Seems like a pretty down year overall for most of the league. While it will make the playoff chase and fantasy football playoffs exciting, I’d expect pretty much straight chalk in the playoffs.
            I disagree.

Sure there will be favorites like Philly, Dallas, SF, Baltimore, Miami, but honestly, none of those teams look unbeatable at all. Not like years past where it was a Brady led team or the Chiefs.

I think it's wide open, and any team that makes it has a shot.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
              • Mar 2004

Miami is the favorite, without question. Baltimore is right there too with KC a little bit behind them.
              KC is in jeopardy of missing the playoffs. They are a game up on Denver, and another loss will put them in the 8-6 pile of teams. I don't think KC is a favorite at all at this point.

Comment

• Novacane
                • Jul 2002

I'll wait and see how they do in the Dallas, Baltimore, Bills stretch. They may be a slight favorite today but that gets flushed if they keep losing to + .500 teams. . I'm interested to see if they're for real.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
                  I'll wait and see how they do in the Dallas, Baltimore, Bills stretch. They may be a slight favorite today but that gets flushed if they keep losing to + .500 teams. . I'm interested to see if they're for real.
                  Everything I see when I watch them indicates they are for real. I agree those games will be a big test, but I wouldn’t be shocked if they go undefeated in them all.
                  COMING SOON...

Comment

• DraftBoy
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
                    I disagree.

Sure there will be favorites like Philly, Dallas, SF, Baltimore, Miami, but honestly, none of those teams look unbeatable at all. Not like years past where it was a Brady led team or the Chiefs.

I think it's wide open, and any team that makes it has a shot.
                    It’s Philly, SF, Miami, and Baltimore. With the real question of who is #1 and 2 in the NFC.
                    COMING SOON...

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

KC is in jeopardy of missing the playoffs. They are a game up on Denver, and another loss will put them in the 8-6 pile of teams. I don't think KC is a favorite at all at this point.
                      Fair point, but KC is a late season/playoff team. Until they’re out they still have to be considered a favorite.
                      COMING SOON...

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                        • Mar 2004

It’s Philly, SF, Miami, and Baltimore. With the real question of who is #1 and 2 in the NFC.
                        Philly? Really? They just got boat raced 2 weeks in a row, one to a divisional opponent, which is alarming.

Comment

• Mad Max
                          Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
                          • Mar 2003

Philly? Really? They just got boat raced 2 weeks in a row, one to a divisional opponent, which is alarming.
                          Yes, as much as we despise the Cowdookies. They are 1a to San Francisco’s 1…Philly is third, not only did they get boatraced twice in a row they should have lost three in a row. They are a clear third.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                            Administrator
                            • Jul 2002

It’s just like KC, until they are out they have to be considered contenders.

KC had the same questions asked about them this time this year after falling to Cincy and barely beating Houston. We know Philly is one of the best teams in the NFC when they turn it on.
                            COMING SOON...

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                              My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                              • Apr 2004

Miami could be the favorite to get the #1 seed but the favorite to win the AFC Championship?

They have yet to beat a legit team and don't say Denver because they were horrible early in the year.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by ParanoidAndroid View Post
                              Miami could be the favorite to get the #1 seed but the favorite to win the AFC Championship?

They have yet to beat a legit team and don't say Denver because they were horrible early in the year.
                              If Miami beats Baltimore, then I'll agree.

Comment

Working...
                              X