PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs crying to the media.

Novacane
12-11-2023, 06:30 AM
I had things to do after the game so I just heard Reed and Mahomes post game comments. What a couple classless babies.

Every team gets screwed by the refs and the thing is they didn't even get screwed. Toney was offsides!!! They should be yelling at that idiot.

McDermott actually got screwed in the Philly game and his statement was no comment. Reed should be heavily fined. Big fat crybaby.

Buffalogic
12-11-2023, 06:39 AM
It’s pathetic and every fan in the league is tearing them down for it. These are the same guys who won a Super Bowl on an absurd ref call to extend their final game winning drive vs the eagles.

DraftBoy
12-11-2023, 06:42 AM
The thing is they weren’t screwed by the refs. Toney was offsides, there is nothing else to it.

Novacane
12-11-2023, 06:44 AM
The it was one of the all time great plays so they should have let it stand comments is ridiculous.

Buffalogic
12-11-2023, 06:44 AM
This is taking entitlement to a whole new level. They aren’t crying about a bad call, they are crying about the correct call that they thought shouldn’t be called. What a world they live in with their constant ref assistance that this is mind blowing for them.

Novacane
12-11-2023, 06:47 AM
I love the That should be the first play showed when Kelce makes the hall of fame comment from Mahomes. :lmao: Drama queen.

Novacane
12-11-2023, 06:49 AM
This is taking entitlement to a whole new level. They aren’t crying about a bad call, they are crying about the correct call that they thought shouldn’t be called. What a world they live in with their constant ref assistance that this is mind blowing for them.

They're so accustomed to getting the help that they can't control themselves when they don't.

Forward_Lateral
12-11-2023, 07:02 AM
"They should've given us a warning".

Eat a bag of fat dicks, Reid you Walrus.

imbondz
12-11-2023, 07:11 AM
Love every minute of it. Josh Allen still had over a minute to come down and score a TD if it counted. Game wasn’t over and if that happened, they wouldn’t be talking about the Kelce play.

Novacane
12-11-2023, 07:17 AM
What's not being discussed is how dumb Toney is. He wasn't even close to being onside.

Forward_Lateral
12-11-2023, 07:21 AM
What's not being discussed is how dumb Toney is. He wasn't even close to being onside.

He was almost lined up with his foot on the Bills side of the LOS.

His back foot was where his front foot is supposed to be. I cannot believe anyone would argue that A.) he wasn't egregiously offsides and B.) he should've been warned. It wasn't the 1st quarter, it was hurry up time, how's the ref supposed to warn a guy who's lined up in outer space?

I hope the league drops the hammer on Reid and Mahomes for criticizing officials. They should be cutting Toney instead of crying.

sukie
12-11-2023, 07:48 AM
The line judge couldn’t even see the ball and as far as warnings go, Ochcinco was talking about the line judges give warnings but 2 things… it’s almost exclusively to WR outside the numbers . Ref might say back up… (Toney was lined up next to Kelsey on the line

Toney never once looked to the line judge to his left. Never once. He is looking at the ball. It’s all on him. Sure it’s a rare call because rarely do WR line up in the neutral zone.

Ed
12-11-2023, 08:46 AM
So if a defensive player lines up offsides and Mahomes throws a pick 6, will he and the Chiefs lobby for the play to stand? It's so absurd for a team that benefits from calls more than any other to throw tantrums about a play being officiated correctly.

They threw the flag the moment the ball was snapped, so that play was coming back no matter what. It's not like they waited for them to score and then penalized them.

And how many times do we see offensive plays negated because of illegal formations, shifts, ineligible downfield, etc. These kind of things happen all the time. It's frustrating, but it's not an outrage. People are just trying to make a bigger deal out of it because Kelce made a cool lateral throw during the play.

Goobylal
12-11-2023, 09:28 AM
I loved the post-game huddle between him and Josh. He whined about "the worst call ever" and Josh patted him on the chest as if to say "there, there little Patty. You lost. Run along now."

Bill Cody
12-11-2023, 10:04 AM
It's been a point of emphasis for the refs this year. It's the 11th time it was called. The refs are graded on their performance and those grades determine who works the playoffs. So to be clear Mahomes and Redi think that ref should potentially forfeit his playoff bonus so the Chiefs can win? You can't make this **** up.

Bill Cody
12-11-2023, 10:08 AM
Love every minute of it. Josh Allen still had over a minute to come down and score a TD if it counted. Game wasn’t over and if that happened, they wouldn’t be talking about the Kelce play.

Very true. In a way that would have been even sweeter and I would have every confidence that Josh and the offense could pull it off.

Mr. Pink
12-11-2023, 01:00 PM
It's about time a high profile team, coach and QB speaks out against the refs.

The refs in this league are ridiculous.

All that being said, Toney was lined up offsides.

And the other part, I'm pretty sure that they were in an illegal formation with how their RT was lined up on that play.

sukie
12-11-2023, 01:19 PM
You cannot find a diehard Chiefs fan that agrees with Mahomes and Reid. That’s kinda refreshing and restores my faith in humanity….. lil bit.

Goobylal
12-11-2023, 01:51 PM
It's been a point of emphasis for the refs this year. It's the 11th time it was called. The refs are graded on their performance and those grades determine who works the playoffs. So to be clear Mahomes and Redi think that ref should potentially forfeit his playoff bonus so the Chiefs can win? You can't make this **** up.

It was also called in the Cowboys-Eagles game. Reid and Mahomes claim they have never seen it before, but ignorance isn't an excuse.

Cntrygal
12-11-2023, 08:20 PM
I hope they annoy the NFL and Zebras enough that when they get to Foxboro, they get called for so much the field just looks yellow.

jamze132
12-11-2023, 08:48 PM
Chiefs have had their fair share of BS calls go their way. **** em.

TigerJ
12-11-2023, 10:34 PM
"They should've given us a warning".

Eat a bag of fat dicks, Reid you Walrus.As I understand it, warnings are often given when the receiver is playing on the outside The line judge is on the sideline and Toney was lined up tight making it more difficult for a line judge to yell out a warning in a noisy stadium. He had no obligation to give warning. Officials call offsides -lined up in the neutral zone on defensive players all the time. Why should it be different for an offensive player? The argument that officials should let it go on a big play is bogus. You mean officials are supposed to ignore obvious infractions on game changing huge plays in critical situations? Just saying that sounds ridiculous to me. I understand on the same play that Travis Kelse was guilty of offensive pass interference on a pick. Someone else mentioned that the KC right tackle was guilty of illegal formation. I can't be sure of the last two but if they are true then KC actually committed three infractions on the same play and only got called for one of them. And they're complaining? I understand Mahomes apologized today for his postgame rant and comments to Josh Allen after the game. I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that his agent/publicist might have mentioned something too him about inappropriate comments by a star player who hopes to continue to sign endorsement deals for big money.

TigerJ
12-11-2023, 10:36 PM
Chiefs have had their fair share of BS calls go their way. **** em.The thing is, the offsides penalty on Toney wasn't BS. It was correct and obvious.

Historian
12-12-2023, 05:52 AM
ESPN showed four more plays where he lined up offsides.

Woodman
12-12-2023, 09:51 AM
Just a bunch of crybabies.

Chet
12-12-2023, 11:11 AM
Mahomes was contrite today, whether voluntarily or involuntarily. He's not a bad guy, just had a really bad moment. The only thing that bothered me during his prolonged sideline-then-postgame rant was the words he exchanged with Josh. That was unprofessional. The rest of it you could chalk up to a guy who quite obviously hates to lose and is not used to it. I can't hate a guy for getting pissed over losing a game. As fans we'd want our players to be as pissed about losing as much as we are.

But the exchange with Josh was a really bad look.

TigerJ
12-13-2023, 03:03 PM
I'd be very surprised if Mahomes' agent/publicist didn't contact him after his rant and tell him he needed to apologize if he wanted to continue getting those lucrative endorsement deals. That may had had something to do with his change of heart.

notacon
12-14-2023, 12:37 PM
Mahomes was contrite today, whether voluntarily or involuntarily. He's not a bad guy, just had a really bad moment. The only thing that bothered me during his prolonged sideline-then-postgame rant was the words he exchanged with Josh. That was unprofessional. The rest of it you could chalk up to a guy who quite obviously hates to lose and is not used to it. I can't hate a guy for getting pissed over losing a game. As fans we'd want our players to be as pissed about losing as much as we are.

But the exchange with Josh was a really bad look.
You can certainly learn a lesson from Mahomes being contrite, apologize and expressing regret for have a "bad moment" (in your case several "bad moments")

Chet
12-14-2023, 12:49 PM
You can certainly learn a lesson from Mahomes being contrite, apologize and expressing regret for have a "bad moment" (in your case several "bad moments")
When you apologize for shameless virtue signaling, guilt-mongering, and unrepentant narcissism then I will apologize. Till then, nobody owes you an apology. In fact, you should probably apologize to the board for spam-style posts and make a New Years resolution to be more succinct.

Brevity is the soul of wit.

notacon
12-14-2023, 02:31 PM
When you apologize for shameless virtue signaling, guilt-mongering, and unrepentant narcissism then I will apologize. Till then, nobody owes you an apology. In fact, you should probably apologize to the board for spam-style posts and make a New Years resolution to be more succinct.

Brevity is the soul of wit.

I have NOTHING to apologize for. YOU were the one who smeared and denigrated a couple that died in a tragic accident.

Chet
12-14-2023, 02:33 PM
I have NOTHING to apologize for.
There's that narcissism rearing its ugly head again

Woodman
12-14-2023, 04:07 PM
I'd be very surprised if Mahomes' agent/publicist didn't contact him after his rant and tell him he needed to apologize if he wanted to continue getting those lucrative endorsement deals. That may had had something to do with his change of heart.
I'm absolutely sure of it.

notacon
12-15-2023, 12:21 PM
There's that narcissism rearing its ugly head again
You obviously have no earthly idea what "narcissism" even means.

You also have shown to have no earthly idea what "humility", "civility", "compassion", "empathy", "sympathy" (for those that are enduring unbelievable tragedy) and "accountability" mean.

Chet
12-15-2023, 12:39 PM
You obviously have no earthly idea what "narcissism" even means.

You also have shown to have no earthly idea what "humility", "civility", "compassion", "empathy", "sympathy" (for those that are enduring unbelievable tragedy) and "accountability" mean.
Your (fake) tears sustain me

notacon
12-15-2023, 01:37 PM
Your (fake) tears sustain me

:rofl:

Non-denial denial. Typical.

Cntrygal
12-16-2023, 01:59 PM
Getting back on topic :tap:

Why would these fines be undisclosed???

Per Mike Florio, both Reid and Mahomes were fined an undisclosed amount for their criticism of the officials.

Florio went on the guess the respective amounts, saying his "guess would be $25K for Mahomes and $50K or more for Reid. Just a guess."
Link (https://fansided.com/posts/nfl-fines-patrick-mahomes-andy-reid-for-criticizing-refs?a_aid=47229&fbclid=IwAR0chwj3zwnIFM7O4b014sATvY137WxGPucwuXFEtSusH2OodvkJEl0DtCI)

Goobylal
12-16-2023, 03:55 PM
Great question.

Cntrygal
12-16-2023, 04:05 PM
:eek:

This should send the message. :eek2:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Andy Reid has been fined $100,000 – for violating long-standing league rules prohibiting public criticism of game officials.<br><br>Patrick Mahomes has been fined $50,000 – for unsportsmanlike conduct during the fourth quarter of Sunday’s game against Buffalo and for violating…</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1736135091330367891?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 16, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Cntrygal
12-16-2023, 04:08 PM
I can't see what was wrong with this tackle.....

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Bills DB Cam Lewis was fined $6,305 for unnecessary roughness vs. the Chiefs. Occurred on this play in the third quarter: <a href="https://t.co/TXZkkEX08m">pic.twitter.com/TXZkkEX08m</a></p>&mdash; Alaina Getzenberg (@agetzenberg) <a href="https://twitter.com/agetzenberg/status/1736131456336822535?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 16, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Woodman
12-16-2023, 04:23 PM
I can't see what was wrong with this tackle.....

<iframe id="twitter-widget-0" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" class="" style="position: static; visibility: visible; width: 550px; height: 568px; display: block; flex-grow: 1;" title="X Post" src="https://platform.twitter.com/embed/Tweet.html?dnt=false&embedId=twitter-widget-0&features=eyJ0ZndfdGltZWxpbmVfbGlzdCI6eyJidWNrZXQiOltdLCJ2ZXJzaW9uIjpudWxsfSwidGZ3X2ZvbGxvd2VyX2NvdW50X3N1bnNldCI6eyJidWNrZXQiOnRydWUsInZlcnNpb24iOm51bGx9LCJ0ZndfdHdlZXRfZWRpdF9iYWNrZW5kIjp7ImJ1Y2tldCI6Im9uIiwidmVyc2lvbiI6bnVsbH0sInRmd19yZWZzcmNfc2Vzc2lvbiI6eyJidWNrZXQiOiJvbiIsInZlcnNpb24iOm51bGx9LCJ0ZndfZm9zbnJfc29mdF9pbnRlcnZlbnRpb25zX2VuYWJsZWQiOnsiYnVja2V0Ijoib24iLCJ2ZXJzaW9uIjpudWxsfSwidGZ3X21peGVkX21lZGlhXzE1ODk3Ijp7ImJ1Y2tldCI6InRyZWF0bWVudCIsInZlcnNpb24iOm51bGx9LCJ0ZndfZXhwZXJpbWVudHNfY29 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 ydWUsInZlcnNpb24iOm51bGx9LCJ0ZndfdHdlZXRfZWRpdF9mcm9udGVuZCI6eyJidWNrZXQiOiJvbiIsInZlcnNpb24iOm51bGx9fQ%3D%3D&frame=false&hideCard=false&hideThread=false&id=1736131456336822535&lang=en&origin=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.billszone.com%2Ffanzone%2Fshowthread.php%2F264533-Chiefs-crying-to-the-media%2Fpage2&sessionId=682ed67a7e9bead204ce1bd929c1edfc584568e8&theme=light&widgetsVersion=2615f7e52b7e0%3A1702314776716&width=550px" data-tweet-id="1736131456336822535"></iframe>
<script async="" src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

There's nothing there.<iframe scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets/widget_iframe.2f70fb173b9000da126c79afe2098f02.html?origin=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.billszone.com" title="Twitter settings iframe" style="display: none;"></iframe><iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: none;" title="Twitter analytics iframe"></iframe>