• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cntrygal
    Visually stunning but camera-shy.
    • Jul 2002

DaQuan Jones Update

Originally posted by notacon
    The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com
  • kscdogbillsfan1221
    • Nov 2007

Re: DaQuan Jones Update

SWEET

i would argue HE was the biggest loss on the rash of defensive injuries (literally and figuratively lol)
    I came.
    I saw.
    I conquered.

Comment

• YardRat
      Well, lookie here...
      • Dec 2004

Getting him back would be big.
      YardRat Wall of Fame
      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Woodman
        Legendary Zoner
        • Apr 2014

Hopeful with Jones ..... Milano not as optimistic.

Wait and see is all we can do.

Love to get the big stud back.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Chet
          Allenhu Joshbar
          • Feb 2017

Back when? Next week. 3 weeks? For the playoffs if they make it?

Comment

• Woodman
            Legendary Zoner
            • Apr 2014

Sean McDermott said Monday (via the Buffalo News’ Jay Skurski) DaQuan Jones has a chance to come back from the pectoral injury he suffered in London. Jones is not on track to be designated for return this week, but the Bills have the door open for the defensive tackle starter to return before season’s end.

When Jones went down, he was reported to have sustained a pectoral tear that required surgery. That injury regularly shuts down players for seasons’ remainders. It is possible Jones did not sustain a full tear; that would explain this somewhat surprising window to come back. Pro Football Focus had slotted Jones third among interior D-linemen through five games; the former Titans draftee had started all 21 games since his two-year, $14MM Bills deal came to pass in 2022.

DaQuan Jones In Play To Return This Season
            Last edited by Cntrygal; 12-12-2023, 03:37 PM.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Chet
              Allenhu Joshbar
              • Feb 2017

Originally posted by Woodman View Post
              Sean McDermott said Monday (via the Buffalo News’ Jay Skurski) DaQuan Jones has a chance to come back from the pectoral injury he suffered in London. Jones is not on track to be designated for return this week, but the Bills have the door open for the defensive tackle starter to return before season’s end.

DaQuan Jones In Play To Return This Season
              Thanks mate. Yet another incentive to keep winning.

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                • Jul 2005

That would be a huge lift. Linval Joseph has been a very positive addition as well, but DaQuan offers more in the pass rush. I'd love the combo of those dudes playing next to Ed and Big Phil
                Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
                  • Mar 2004

Originally posted by kscdogbillsfan1221 View Post
                  SWEET

i would argue HE was the biggest loss on the rash of defensive injuries (literally and figuratively lol)
                  literally, sure.

figuratively, it’s Milano.

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Saratoga Slim View Post
                    That would be a huge lift. Linval Joseph has been a very positive addition as well, but DaQuan offers more in the pass rush. I'd love the combo of those dudes playing next to Ed and Big Phil
                    This.

I'm surprised the impact Linval Joseph had after he's signed. He essentially stopped teams running thru our middle. Have a bit of Ted Washington in him that not only O-Line can't move him, but he can move laterally a little while engaged to a lineman to close/narrow a gap. He does not have any explosions in his legs to penetrate to rush the passer, hence he's substituted for passing downs, but I noticed that even when the opposing offense go to passing plays when he's on the field, those QBs rarely stepped up the pocket any more because he's holding up at the top of the pocket. Mahomes, even Jets' Wilson used to kill us with running out of the pocket on scrambling.

On Chiefs 1st TD against us, Mahomes checked into the run when Joseph was not there, even though that down was typically a passing down and the Bills played that way.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                      • Mar 2004

Linval is massive. They need to sign him to a one year deal for next year, sign Daquan, and then draft another Gigantic massive beast to replace them in a few years.

Comment

• TigerJ
                        • Jul 2002

I would guess it'll be the season finale at Miami at the earliest.
                        I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by TigerJ View Post
                          I would guess it'll be the season finale at Miami at the earliest.
                          I agree. Pec injuries, besides knee injuries, are probably the worst for a football lineman. The worst thing they can do is come back too early and tear it again.

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
                            Linval is massive. They need to sign him to a one year deal for next year, sign Daquan, and then draft another Gigantic massive beast to replace them in a few years.
                            If it is up to me, I'd draft a 1 tech guy next year pretty high who can step in right away. We have Oliver as a 3 tech D tackle and pretty much no one else. Settle is a big disappointment and most likely not resigned. DaQuan Jones was born in 1991. He is getting $7 million per year now, and probably will ask for at least the same. So it is very iffy the Bills will get him back, considering the cap situation. Then Philips is on an expiring contract as well and he's not offering that much either on the field.

The Bills need to get younger and cheaper. I see them draft at least 2 DTs, along with trying to sign a guy like Jones cheap. Linval is pushing 40. Don't forget at DE position, other than Von and Rousseau, they have no one under contract next year either. Floyd is making $9 million this year and age 31. How much you pay him?

D-Line and Safety - we are pretty much bare next year.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh View Post
                              If it is up to me, I'd draft a 1 tech guy next year pretty high who can step in right away. We have Oliver as a 3 tech D tackle and pretty much no one else. Settle is a big disappointment and most likely not resigned. DaQuan Jones was born in 1991. He is getting $7 million per year now, and probably will ask for at least the same. So it is very iffy the Bills will get him back, considering the cap situation. Then Philips is on an expiring contract as well and he's not offering that much either on the field.

The Bills need to get younger and cheaper. I see them draft at least 2 DTs, along with trying to sign a guy like Jones cheap. Linval is pushing 40. Don't forget at DE position, other than Von and Rousseau, they have no one under contract next year either. Floyd is making $9 million this year and age 31. How much you pay him?

D-Line and Safety - we are pretty much bare next year.
                              I agree with this. They definitely need to look at DT early in the draft. A Game wrecker to go beside Oliver, and even maybe another one to rotate with both. I would expect them to re-sign AJ, but who knows.

I also would think the cap should jump up quite a bit in 2024, but again, who knows.

Comment

Working...
                              X