PDA

View Full Version : Don’t look now but the Bills are closer to winning the division than you think!

jamze132
12-11-2023, 10:52 PM
The Dolphins could realistically lose out considering their schedule. Even if they just lose one game and we go into week 18 one game back and win, the division is ours.

We just need to take care of our own business and good things WILL happen.

Go Bills mother ****ers!

imbondz
12-11-2023, 10:55 PM
LETS GOOOOO

Novacane
12-11-2023, 10:56 PM
We almost control our own destiny.

TigerJ
12-11-2023, 11:22 PM
At this point I'm taking it one game at a time. The Dallas game is huge and they are every bit as tough an opponent as Philadelphia and Kansas City. If Buffalo can beat Dallas, maybe I'll start thinking about playoff possibilities again.

jamze132
12-11-2023, 11:23 PM
We almost control our own destiny.

We do. Win out and we’re in. Most importantly though is winning the last three games which are against AFC teams. Can’t take another conference loss.

Woodman
12-11-2023, 11:33 PM
Bills Win :check:

Patriots Win :check:

Jets Win :check:

Titans Win :check:

We got the Cherry on top tonight Bills fans!

Woodman
12-11-2023, 11:35 PM
The AFC East has been berry good to me.

Any given Sunday is real !!

OpIv37
12-11-2023, 11:39 PM
Too late to think about the Div. Wild card is still a possibility.

Ed
12-11-2023, 11:54 PM
Not much different than 2021 when the Bills were 7-6 and the Pats were 9-4.

Mad Max
12-11-2023, 11:54 PM

Come on poopy pants. Just enjoy the fish grill for a minute would ya?

OpIv37
12-12-2023, 12:01 AM
Come on poopy pants. Just enjoy the fish grill for a minute would ya?

I turned it off when they went up 14. I was pleasantly surprised to learn that they blew it.

But two things: first, we can’t talk too much smack because they’re ahead of us in the standings and we have like a dozen examples of stealing defeat from the jaws of victory like they did tonight.

Second, for the Div to be in play, we can’t afford any more losses except maybe to Dallas, and they need to finish no better than 2-2 with one of those losses coming to us. It’s just not realistic.

Chet
12-12-2023, 04:03 AM
Nah they can’t afford anymore losses, period.

If they can somehow beat Dallas then I will get very excited about both playoffs and the division. I didn’t anticipate Miami losing to the Titans so to say this changes nothing is short-sighted. Would I bet on Buffalo to pull it off? Hell no, not with Marty coaching. But I’ll definitely be rooting for it

Novacane
12-12-2023, 05:17 AM
I turned it off when they went up 14. I was pleasantly surprised to learn that they blew it.

But two things: first, we can’t talk too much smack because they’re ahead of us in the standings and we have like a dozen examples of stealing defeat from the jaws of victory like they did tonight.

Second, for the Div to be in play, we can’t afford any more losses except maybe to Dallas, and they need to finish no better than 2-2 with one of those losses coming to us. It’s just not realistic.

They just lost to the ****ttty Titans. That's ridiculous to say it's not realistic with the schedule they have.

Skooby
12-12-2023, 05:21 AM
Anyone who watched this game then thinking the Dolphins are holding on must be crazy, TN sucks very badly. The wheels are coming off their clown car. I think they lose 3 of 4 with a Jets nail biting win in hand.

Historian
12-12-2023, 05:48 AM
Dallas won here in 1971.

I was there with my Uncle, who just got home from Vietnam.

They lost here in 1984.

I was there with another Uncle, the game where Greg Bell ripped off the 85 yard run.

They lost here in 1996.

I was there with my wife. Emmett Smith had his worst day as a pro. Only ran for like 23 yards.

Dallas did beat us in 2007, on a Monday night, on a last second field goal...long one. Romo at QB.

They lost here in 2015. They were awful.

Given that they had that big Sunday night win, and we need the game more, I think the Bills take this one, 27-21.

YardRat
12-12-2023, 05:53 AM
Wow.

I bailed after Miami went up two scores late, what a pleasant surprise.

Chet
12-12-2023, 05:58 AM
They just lost to the ****ttty Titans. That's ridiculous to say it's not realistic with the schedule they have.

I have more faith in the Dolphins holding up their end of the deal (losing at least 1 game) than I do of Buffalo winning out to setup a Week 18 winner take all.

Novacane
12-12-2023, 06:12 AM
I have more faith in the Dolphins holding up their end of the deal (losing at least 1 game) than I do of Buffalo winning out to setup a Week 18 winner take all.

Same here but Opi didn't say that.

Forward_Lateral
12-12-2023, 06:15 AM
This season is absolute bonkers.

BuffaloBlitz83
12-12-2023, 06:22 AM

Miami could lose 2 and we lose 1 leading to 18

kscdogbillsfan1221
12-12-2023, 06:59 AM

dumb to say it's not realistic. It may not happen, but it is realistic.

The dolphins have us, (who they have had major issues with since Josh Allen became our qb), the ravens and cowboys. with only one cream puff in the NY Milf hunters.

to say it's unrealistic for them to go 2-2 with us going 4-1 is just wrong.

Chet
12-12-2023, 08:39 AM
Miami could lose 2 and we lose 1 leading to 18

This is my point though, just win the goddamn games and everything else will take care of itself. They have a completely healthy offense with a unicorn at QB and a decent enough defense that they should be 10-6 going into Week 18. If we're being completely honest, they should've been no worse than 10-3 at this point but that's just spilt McDermott under the bridge at this point

Chet
12-12-2023, 08:50 AM

The dolphins have us, (who they have had major issues with since Josh Allen became our qb), the ravens and cowboys. with only one cream puff in the NY Milf hunters.

I'm not as pessimistic as Opi on this particular issue, but we (especially the team itself) needs to get out of the mindset that we can drop anymore games. That's where I disagree with you and some others here. IF we beat Dallas, I am officially in the cautiously optimistic camp about both playoffs and division. If we lose, it's over. Not mathematically, but it's unrealistic to think Miami will go 0-3 and we will go 3-0.

We haven't won 3 straight since September, back when we still had Matt Milano, DaQuon Jones and Tre-Davious White. Win now, there can be no more losses the rest of the year.

Buffalogic
12-12-2023, 08:53 AM
Bills are making the playoffs, just tbd if it is wild card or division winner. Miami has a brutal schedule left, jets, cowboys, ravens, bills. With their choke job last night against the Titans, it could easily setup a game for the division in the final week. The bills have wiggle room too, this coming Dallas game isn't a must win for us, it's actually the least valuable game left on our schedule since it is out of conference. We're going to beat the no herbert chargers and we won't lose to the pats twice. If we beat Dallas we are basically assured a wildcard spot at the very least. If we lose to them, it basically means we have to beat Miami in the final week.

justasportsfan
12-12-2023, 09:01 AM

There he goes off again. The fins havent beaten a team with a winning record. If that were the bills you would've used that fact as a reason why we will suck and tell us its not realistic to win the division. But since its not the bills then the fins will win the division and after beating the chiefs at KC, we still arent good enough.

Joe Fo Sho
12-12-2023, 09:09 AM

Nice to see you're wrong when evaluating other teams' games as well.

sukie
12-12-2023, 09:19 AM
According to NY Times “playoff Machine” (no idea… don’t ask)

if Bills lose to Dallas and then win last 3- 73% chance playoffs
if win out…99%

Turf
12-12-2023, 09:20 AM
I turned it off with 4 mins left saying well this one is hopeless and surprisingly found out an hour later Titans came back. Unreal, I was shocked.

Bill Cody
12-12-2023, 09:34 AM
The only way the Bills were ever going to win the SB was coming in late as a dark horse, unnoticed and disregarded. Time for everyone to climb in off the ledge and enjoy the ride. It's going to be glorious.

OpIv37
12-12-2023, 10:45 AM

Ok, maybe it's not unrealistic for the Fish to go 2-2. It's unrealistic for us to finish 4-1. Well we beat the Chiefs so I guess it's 3-1 from here on out. The Cowboys are a damn good team, the Patriots already beat us once, WC trips are always hard and even though the Fish struggle with us, they are a good team too. And the Bills have already blown multiple games that they should have won so there's good reason to expect it to happen at least one more time.

justasportsfan
12-12-2023, 11:01 AM
the Patriots already beat us once, WC trips are always hard and even though the Fish struggle with us, they are a good team too. And the Bills have already blown multiple games that they should have won so there's good reason to expect it to happen at least one more time.

the jets already beat us once. How was that 2nd game? You might want to apply that "they already beat us once" with the fins game. we already blew them out once.

sukie
12-12-2023, 11:45 AM
I recall losing to the patriots in OP with nary a patriot pass thrown then against the almighty power of the universe… Bills spanked them hard in New England. Impossible. I must have that wrong because of the first game outcome.

somebody confirm?

Buffalogic
12-12-2023, 11:57 AM
Herbert officially out for the season. That's two free wins with Chargers and Patriots. Basically beating Dallas this week assures at least a wild card.

BillsOwnAll
12-12-2023, 11:58 AM

At this point you are just a misreble human being.

If you were a dolphins fan you would be saying how they will lose out Casue they don’t beat good teams.

But you can’t say that Casue it doesn’t fit your narrative.

It’s funny how big of a joke you have become here.

Mr. Pink
12-12-2023, 12:02 PM
The season is going to come down to the Miami game. Win and we'll be in.

Even if we lose against the Cowboys. I don't see us losing to the Pats or Chargers.

We can still win the next 3 and lose to Miami and end up being on the outside looking in.

There will be a 10-7 team in the AFC that doesn't make the playoffs.

And we honestly could be looking at playing Miami in back to back weeks.

OpIv37
12-12-2023, 12:08 PM

If you were a dolphins fan you would be saying how they will lose out Casue they don’t beat good teams.

Facts are facts. We are 10th in the conf. Dolphins have 2 games and a tiebreaker on us with just 4 left. It has nothing to do with me or some supposed “narrative.” Bills blew too many games that they should have won. Now it’s unrealistic to win the Div.

Buffalogic
12-12-2023, 12:22 PM
Facts are facts. We are 10th in the conf. Dolphins have 2 games and a tiebreaker on us with just 4 left. It has nothing to do with me or some supposed “narrative.” Bills blew too many games that they should have won. Now it’s unrealistic to win the Div.
Buddy do you watch football? We have the tiebreaker on the dolphins. All we have to do is be one game back going into the final week and win that game, then we win the division.

justasportsfan
12-12-2023, 12:24 PM
Herbert officially out for the season. That's two free wins with Chargers and Patriots. Basically beating Dallas this week assures at least a wild card.

I wouldnt fall for the OP way of arguing. Theres no free win. We lost to the jets with their back up .

Buffalogic
12-12-2023, 12:40 PM
I wouldnt fall for the OP way of arguing. Theres no free win. We lost to the jets with their back up .Free win

Novacane
12-12-2023, 12:43 PM

You don't even have your so called facts right. If the bills and dolphins finish tied and the bills beat the dolphins in miami The bills own the tiebreaker. Come on if you're gonna spill your nonsense know what you're talking about

OpIv37
12-12-2023, 12:45 PM
Buddy do you watch football? We have the tiebreaker on the dolphins. All we have to do is be one game back going into the final week and win that game, then we win the division.

Right. I forgot we actually do have the head to head tiebreaker against them. I forgot because we lose basically every other tiebreaker against teams in the AFC still in the hunt

Joe Fo Sho
12-12-2023, 12:46 PM
Facts are facts.

You should try using them some time.

They’re going to be pissed after yesterday. We won’t best them.

Maybe. The difference is that they are good enough to do something about it and we aren’t.

Mad Max
12-12-2023, 01:26 PM
You should try using them some time.

What do you mean? He uses facts all the time…straight out of his buttocks.

Goobylal
12-12-2023, 02:04 PM
I see the Bills going 3-1 at worst (loss to Cowboys) and Miami going 1-3 at best (beating the Jets). That means the Bills win the division.

acehole
12-12-2023, 02:08 PM
Miami has been figured out same as philly.

Once the game film exposes venerabilities the world can see.

Sure they know we know and try to readjust but they only have a week to execute.

Hill will always be a problem however.

I will tell you what. Wrong time of year to sheet the bed.

notacon
12-12-2023, 02:58 PM

Ok, maybe it's not unrealistic for the Fish to go 2-2. It's unrealistic for us to finish 4-1. Well we beat the Chiefs so I guess it's 3-1 from here on out. The Cowboys are a damn good team, the Patriots already beat us once, WC trips are always hard and even though the Fish struggle with us, they are a good team too. And the Bills have already blown multiple games that they should have won so there's good reason to expect it to happen at least one more time.

Once again you show that you have no earthly idea what's "realistic" or not.

I was not surprised by the Fins losing last night (although I did pick them to win...of course). The only surprise is that they lost at home. This a very bad omen for Miami. Lose against the Jets (which is extremely possible) and this looks like last year's ****ting the bed with a five game losing streak between week 13 & 17.

While the Bills, with Josh Allen after the light came on in 2020, simply win games late the the regular season....

2020 - Bills win last six games of the regular season.
2021 - After falling to 7-6 with the OT loss at TB, win the last four games of the regular season. (My memory is that you **** over the Bills chances to do exactly what they did)
2022 - After the heartbreaking loss to Minny in OT, they win the last seven games of the regular season (you absolutely **** all over the Bills chances to do exactly what they did).

The credibility of your proclamations of (fake) "reality" (that is NOT "reality" if it has not happened yet....it's pure speculation which has a history of being woefully wrong) is in the dumpster, and why your sourpuss predictions that it's "Too late to think about the Div.", and "for the Div to be in play, we can’t afford any more losses except maybe to Dallas, and they need to finish no better than 2-2 with one of those losses coming to us. It’s just not realistic." and " It's unrealistic for us to finish 4-1." are what is NOT "realistic".

It's more likely than not Miami lose to both Dallas and Baltimore. If yesterday made anything clear as day, if Tyreek Hills is not on the field (or rendered unproductive which Dallas can do, or slowed down by a bad ankle) Miami is in big trouble. That's why the Jets can beat them. Their defense and pass rush is much better than Tennessee's.

Dallas is for **** on the road. A completely different team than at home. Their last four of five games where in their own warm dome....the other, @Car was against a bad team in 65 degree weather. In fact, every of their road games were either in a dome (LAC, ARI (L)) or balmy weather....@Car...65 degrees...@Philly (L)...66 degrees....@SanFran (L)...56 degrees night game....@NYG...69 degrees.

It's going to be warm for their game in Miami, and Dallas matches up quite well vs them. Miami could win that game, but their collapse vs Tennessee looms large this late in the season.

The Bills have an excellent chance of winning this week.....and winning out.

The Bills WILL beat NE at home. The Bills WILL beat LAC, especially with Herbert out.

The loss to the Titans was really, really bad for Miami. That terrible loss...it does not matter that they lost to the Titans, it was the way they lost....Tenn literally put the win on a silver platter, handing them all three of their TD's. Being up 14 points with 3 minutes left, NO team should lose that, much less a SB contender in week 14.

Now the Bills beating Dallas is NOT a MUST WIN. (although if the Bills do beat Dallas it is easy to see them winning out).

This is NOT to say the Bills will win out, or win the AFCE or even make the playoffs.

What it DOES mean is that to dismiss those possibilities out of hand is NOT "realistic": in ANY way.

Forward_Lateral
12-12-2023, 03:06 PM
Dallas might not be a must win, mathematically, but it's a must win for other purposes.

Another big win builds momentum and confidence, and puts extreme pressure on Miami.

I would not be shocked if the Jets beat Miami next week, especially if Tyreek is out.

Chet
12-12-2023, 03:09 PM
Dallas might not be a must win, mathematically, but it's a must win for other purposes.

Another big win builds momentum and confidence, and puts extreme pressure on Miami.

I would not be shocked if the Jets beat Miami next week, especially if Tyreek is out.

Thank you, on the first 2 sentences.

As for the last, Hill or no Hill I would be extremely shocked to see Miami lose to the Jets.

Mad Max
12-12-2023, 03:14 PM

Those two things exactly. It would be a victory against the number one offense, top five defense, and top three in wins to date team in the league. Would be a huge win.

It’s also always extra sweet to beat Jerrah and the Cowdookies.

Chet
12-12-2023, 03:15 PM
Although, just heard that Miami C Connor Williams is out for the year. That's a massive blow because it puts Eichenberg at Center and he might be the worst lineman in the NFL. He's game-destroying kind of awful.

Mad Max
12-12-2023, 03:18 PM
The Dolphins’ starting Center has been announced with a torn ACL. Their chances just diminished a bit more.

Forward_Lateral
12-12-2023, 03:20 PM

As for the last, Hill or no Hill I would be extremely shocked to see Miami lose to the Jets.
The Jets are hard to figure out.

They beat Buffalo, then got trounced by Buffalo, then absolutely stymied the Texans and Stroud, who was killing everyone.

I could see them keeping the score within reach, and then causing a game changing turnover, or getting another game changing return.

Chet
12-12-2023, 03:25 PM

They beat Buffalo, then got trounced by Buffalo, then absolutely stymied the Texans and Stroud, who was killing everyone.

I could see them keeping the score within reach, and then causing a game changing turnover, or getting another game changing return.

Could happen for sure, but I'm having a hard time seeing Zach Wilson play 2 good games in a row whilst Miami loses two straight home games to bad teams. Stranger things have happened though...

jamze132
12-12-2023, 03:26 PM
This season is absolute bonkers.

I’ve been saying that for two months. AFC is wide open. Just get in the tourney!

Forward_Lateral
12-12-2023, 03:28 PM
I’ve been saying that for two months. AFC is wide open. Just get in the tourney!
It's going to be an entertaining 4 weeks. The NFC is just as nuts.

Also, games on Saturday now. Our families are going to hate us.

lol

jamze132
12-12-2023, 03:31 PM

If he were a 49ers fan, he’d still be miserable.

jamze132
12-12-2023, 03:39 PM

It wouldn’t shock me. The Jets have an elite defense and their offense actually scored.

jamze132
12-12-2023, 03:41 PM
It's going to be an entertaining 4 weeks. The NFC is just as nuts.

Also, games on Saturday now. Our families are going to hate us.

lol

It’s football season. **** dem kids! lol

YardRat
12-12-2023, 08:03 PM

There are no free wins this season, with this team. If there were they'd be 11-2 at worst and we wouldn't be having this conversation.

notacon
12-13-2023, 01:52 PM

On yesterday's GMFB, Kyle Brandt (who else) had a very interesting observation. The gist was that there are a LOT of New Yorker's that move to Florida for retirement. A LOT of Jets fans.

Don't be surprised if there is a relatively significant presence of Jets fans this week in Miami.

Anyway, you are spot on....who can figure out the Jets??? They intercepted Josh Allen three times (four take aways). Jalen Hurts three times (four take aways) both huge upset wins. Mahomes twice (in a very close loss by only 3).

They intercepted Tua twice too, in a bad loss, but, they made Tua look ordinary (77.5 passer rating) but let them run all over them to the tune of 167 yards.

Who knows what version of Zach shows up. Who knows what version of the defense shows up.

One thing for sure....divisional games are always a fight. And any team can beat another.

Chet
12-13-2023, 11:17 PM
That’s nothing new, tbh. As a long time Miami resident I can confirm that Jets fans take over Joe Robbie Stadium for their matchups, even more so than Bills fans. When Pats we’re good they also had a significant presence, and as always Eagles fans travel well too

sukie
12-13-2023, 11:57 PM
That’s nothing new, tbh. As a long time Miami resident I can confirm that Jets fans take over Joe Robbie Stadium for their matchups, even more so than Bills fans. When Pats we’re good they also had a significant presence, and as always Eagles fans travel well too
I know of a couple of Former NYers that have become Fins fans do to living here so long. Jets are favorite second team. I consider this brain damage. I have been here since late 86.and hate the dolphins to my core. Raised a stepson born in Miami since age 7… he hates the fins. I cannot conceive this sort of fandom. Snow birds are also the reason for the flood of green in the stadium.

this week I am all about the J.E.T.S. Jets Jets Jets .

Chet
12-14-2023, 12:37 AM
I know of a couple of Former NYers that have become Fins fans do to living here so long. Jets are favorite second team. I consider this brain damage. I have been here since late 86.and hate the dolphins to my core. Raised a stepson born in Miami since age 7… he hates the fins. I cannot conceive this sort of fandom. Snow birds are also the reason for the flood of green in the stadium.

this week I am all about the J.E.T.S. Jets Jets Jets .

haha yeah it’s all transplants. How many people are actually “from” Miami—at least generationally? Dolphin fans are just like Heat fans. Stadium/arena will fill up by beginning of 2nd quarter and the hometown “faithful” will leave at the end of the 3rd to beat traffic.

sukie
12-14-2023, 12:39 AM
I am a Heat & Marlins fan since there is no MLB or NBA in WNY. Second fav team… Panthers in hockey. Location doesn’t change my DNA

Chet
12-14-2023, 02:27 AM
I am a Heat & Marlins fan since there is no MLB or NBA in WNY. Second fav team… Panthers in hockey. Location doesn’t change my DNA
Marlins, Panthers, and Canes fan here. I'll pull for the Heat out of the East but I've been a Laker fan my whole life since the old man took me to see a game at the GWF in '89

sukie
12-14-2023, 11:21 AM
I also like the Canes. I would go to panthers games a lot years ago. Wearing and cheering for them except when Sabres were in town. Tons of Sabres fans down here. Especially when the Briere Drury years were rocking.

god I want the Fish to lose

Chet
12-14-2023, 12:01 PM
I also like the Canes. I would go to panthers games a lot years ago. Wearing and cheering for them except when Sabres were in town. Tons of Sabres fans down here. Especially when the Briere Drury years were rocking.

god I want the Fish to lose
It was a joy growing up down there and watching Kelly and the boys dash their hopes every year. Still have fond memories of the '92 AFCCG when Thurman ran roughshod on them.

As for the Canes, last time I saw them live was at the OB--man oh man what an atmosphere that place had. You could literally feel that place shake when it was rockin'--which it always was when the Canes played there. Last game I saw them live was a shootout against Va Tech where McGahee had like 6 TDs. Those Hurricanes teams were better than most Bills teams during the drought years

kscdogbillsfan1221
12-14-2023, 12:54 PM
It was a joy growing up down there and watching Kelly and the boys dash their hopes every year. Still have fond memories of the '92 AFCCG when Thurman ran roughshod on them.

As for the Canes, last time I saw them live was at the OB--man oh man what an atmosphere that place had. You could literally feel that place shake when it was rockin'--which it always was when the Canes played there. Last game I saw them live was a shootout against Va Tech where McGahee had like 6 TDs. Those Hurricanes teams were better than most Bills teams during the drought years

oh, good ol Ken Dorsey.... lol

Chet
12-14-2023, 12:56 PM
oh, good ol Ken Dorsey.... lol
The irony, right?:rofl:

I loved Kenny then. Probably my second favorite Cane behind Ed Reed.

Novacane
12-14-2023, 01:06 PM
If the Bills can beat the Cowboys I think they will win the division. If they lose to the cowboys that's too much help to expect. Still possible but I wouldn't like our chances.

Mad Max
12-14-2023, 01:38 PM
If the Bills can beat the Cowboys I think they will win the division. If they lose to the cowboys that's too much help to expect. Still possible but I wouldn't like our chances.
We’d need help sure. But Miami looks more than willing to lend a helping hand. (They might just do so this weekend against the Jesters)

Chet
12-14-2023, 01:46 PM
We’d need help sure. But Miami looks more than willing to lend a helping hand. (They might just do so this weekend against the Jesters)
For the Jets to have any shot this weekend Quinnen Williams needs to abuse Eichenberg early and often. That's their achilles right now

notacon
12-14-2023, 02:02 PM

You being a "long time Miami resident" explains so much. :D:

I have been in Florida many, MANY times during my 16 year career going to too many trade shows in Orlando to count....along with business visits all over the state.

Every time I go down there, I get some degree of sickness because of the humidity and all the mold and mildew that flies through he air like invisible ****. I will NEVER go to Florida again in my life (unless one of my kids stupidly decides to move there...NOT!!!)

If somehow Florida broke off form the country and floated away into the sea, I would be ecstatic. And not only because of their dismally bad climate. Rick Scott and Ron DeSatan come to mind as scumbags that degrade our society to the nth degree.

Florida deserves the Orange Jesus and him deciding to base his crime empire there typifies the crappiness of that ****hole state.

OpIv37
12-14-2023, 02:20 PM
You being a "long time Miami resident" explains so much. :D:

I have been in Florida many, MANY times during my 16 year career going to too many trade shows in Orlando to count....along with business visits all over the state.

Every time I go down there, I get some degree of sickness because of the humidity and all the mold and mildew that flies through he air like invisible ****. I will NEVER go to Florida again in my life (unless one of my kids stupidly decides to move there...NOT!!!)

If somehow Florida broke off form the country and floated away into the sea, I would be ecstatic. And not only because of their dismally bad climate. Rick Scott and Ron DeSatan come to mind as scumbags that degrade our society to the nth degree.

Florida deserves the Orange Jesus and him deciding to base his crime empire there typifies the crappiness of that ****hole state.

I like Cuban food and Miami has the best Cuban food outside of Cuba. I'd love to fly in in the morning, eat Cuban food for lunch and dinner, and then fly home the same evening. Other than that, I don't care if I ever go to that state again.

notacon
12-14-2023, 02:52 PM
I like Cuban food and Miami has the best Cuban food outside of Cuba. I'd love to fly in in the morning, eat Cuban food for lunch and dinner, and then fly home the same evening. Other than that, I don't care if I ever go to that state again.
Yeah. You right on that!!! Although I have never been in Cuba. :D:

Reminds me of New Orleans. Some of the most fantastic food in the world!!! But, it's worse than Florida (in terms of climate). I mean really, REALLY bad. I've been there several times, and I get even sicker after every visit than the swamp of FL. The city is dirty and dangerous. First time there the cabbie from the airport warned us to not go around Bourbon Street alone....during the day much less at night.

But, I never knew what real gumbo was all about until eating it in New Orleans....the place that it was originated (https://www.southernfoodways.org/interview/a-short-history-of-gumbo/).

At least New Orleans has some character to go along with their amazing food. Florida is a gutter swamp of ****. When your biggest claim to fame of architecture and culture is Disney World it's not exactly desirable destination for anyone with good taste.

Mad Max
12-14-2023, 02:57 PM
For the Jets to have any shot this weekend Quinnen Williams needs to abuse Eichenberg early and often. That's their achilles right now

The Jets DL as a whole has a chance to feast. The dolFrauds are going to have to double/triple team Williams…gonna open it up for the the rest of the line to pummel TuTu. This scenario gets amplified if Tyreke is out/hobbled.

Chet
12-14-2023, 03:01 PM
Yeah. You right on that!!! Although I have never been in Cuba. :D:

Reminds me of New Orleans. Some of the most fantastic food in the world!!! But, it's worse than Florida (in terms of climate). I mean really, REALLY bad. I've been there several times, and I get even sicker after every visit than the swamp of FL. The city is dirty and dangerous. First time there the cabbie from the airport warned us to not go around Bourbon Street alone....during the day much less at night.

But, I never knew what real gumbo was all about until eating it in New Orleans....the place that it was originated (https://www.southernfoodways.org/interview/a-short-history-of-gumbo/).

At least New Orleans has some character to go along with their amazing food. Florida is a gutter swamp of ****. When your biggest claim to fame of architecture and culture is Disney World it's not exactly desirable destination for anyone with good taste.
If you want the most authentic cajun food you have to go to Lafayette. New Orleans is great too but nothing compares to the flavors of Lafayette. Lived and worked all over that state back in 2008

Chet
12-14-2023, 03:04 PM

mate it's the Cuban bread...i swear they put heroin in it. That flaky goodness is irresistable. Used to get buttered cuban bread and dip it in a cafe con leche every morning, then wolf down several guava and chese pastelitos or some croquettas.

Was never crazy about black beans or yucca, but dem plantains.....lawdy lawdy

justasportsfan
12-15-2023, 08:26 AM

I like the gulf side of Florida.

sukie
12-15-2023, 08:38 AM
I’m supposed to like the gulf side more especially when I hit 60. I do not.

notacon
12-15-2023, 01:13 PM
If you want the most authentic cajun food you have to go to Lafayette. New Orleans is great too but nothing compares to the flavors of Lafayette. Lived and worked all over that state back in 2008

Thanks for the advice.

But, I don't want "authentic cajun food" that much to put up with the swamp climate of Louisiana. :D:

notacon
12-15-2023, 01:15 PM
I like the gulf side of Florida.

That's like saying (in comparison to the Atlantic side of Florida) I like a broken arm over a broken leg. :D:

Historian
12-15-2023, 01:24 PM
I lived in Bradenton for five years, and I still have some good friends down there, who are always asking me to visit, but I have no desire to.

Ironically, in my five years there, I only met five people who were born and raised there.

And I only met two people who were true Buccaneer fans.