PDA

View Full Version : Lawsuit against Matt Araiza (Punt God) is dropped

Woodman
12-12-2023, 01:40 PM
The civil lawsuit that resulted in Bills punter Matt Araiza’s hasty exit from the league is now gone.

Via Dan Wetzel of Yahoo Sports, the civil suit accusing Araiza of rape will be dismissed (https://x.com/DanWetzel/status/1734645028398493783?s=20). In exchange, Araiza will dismiss his defamation claim against his accuser.

Araiza reserves the right to sue the accuser’s lawyer for defamation. Previously, Araiza vowed to do so.

The dismissal of the lawsuit closes the door on any potential NFL discipline of Araiza. Whether it opens the door to his return to the NFL remains to be seen.

Lawsuit against Matt Araiza is dropped - NBC Sports (https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/lawsuit-against-matt-araiza-is-dropped)

acehole
12-12-2023, 02:04 PM
To be honest if all is true ...he is guilty of being a heterosexual. I know that is a crime these days socially but he needs another shot.

The Bills should resign him...ASAP.

Von is another story. They could cut Von (Once league rules) and sign him same day to save face?

Goobylal
12-12-2023, 02:05 PM
Shocker. Her D-bag lawyer dragged-out this charade just to be vindictive.

Woodman
12-12-2023, 02:18 PM
He's such a great weapon to have when needed.

Mad Max
12-12-2023, 02:54 PM
Von Miller was turned a blind eye to, Araiza was fully exonerated…bring him back IMMEDIATELY if he’s down for it.

Chet
12-12-2023, 03:03 PM
I can't imagine what this kid had to go through. To have his dream taken away and reputation destroyed for nothing.

Mad Max
12-12-2023, 03:07 PM
I can't imagine what this kid had to go through. To have his dream taken away and reputation destroyed for nothing.

His dream was deferred by at most a year. He’s 100 percent going to be playing for someone. Unfortunately that someone most likely won’t be us.

Forward_Lateral
12-12-2023, 03:30 PM
I feel bad for this kid.

Goobylal
12-12-2023, 03:46 PM
His dream was deferred by at most a year. He’s 100 percent going to be playing for someone. Unfortunately that someone most likely won’t be us.

He'll have missed 2 full seasons unless he's signed soon. And there's no guarantee a team gives him a shot.

YardRat
12-12-2023, 07:51 PM
Pass. I don't need a weekly reminder how Beane and Co ****ed up this situation from the very beginning by not doing their due diligence. Didn't want him anyway, he's over-rated.

Goobylal
12-13-2023, 01:32 PM
Pass. I don't need a weekly reminder how Beane and Co ****ed up this situation from the very beginning by not doing their due diligence. Didn't want him anyway, he's over-rated.

They didn't **** it up. They handled it as best as they/anyone could.

And wbo knows if he's overrated? Give him another shot. It won't cost a draft pick (again) and he'll make the minimum.

Bill Cody
12-13-2023, 01:40 PM

so you recommend punting on Araiza?

Mr. Pink
12-13-2023, 01:58 PM
I wonder if Araiza is contemplating a lawsuit against his accuser...

Libel, slander, defamation of character, loss of future earnings.

John Doe
12-13-2023, 02:02 PM

The accuser probably does not have the money to make a lawsuit worth while.

POTLAND PSILBYLO
12-13-2023, 02:36 PM

He was countersuing. The accuser agreed to drop if he dropped. He still can sue her lawyer, and he is.

Good for him. I remember clearly all the rabid comments about him when there really was every reason to withhold judgment. Shame on you who did. J'accuse indeed.

Bill Cody
12-13-2023, 04:03 PM
yeah rabid

notacon
12-14-2023, 12:47 PM

According to The Buffalo News (https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/former-bills-punter-matt-araiza-say-its-when-not-if-for-his-return-to-nfl/article_13fe3b14-99e2-11ee-996f-dba7424b94cb.html), "Araiza said he plans to sue Gilleon" (the girl's lawyer)...

“He lied time and time again, specifically through the media which caused me so much damage,” Araiza said. “Had he just filed the lawsuit and not gone on a big media tour, it might be a different story. But the way he handled it was unbelievably unprofessional, going to Twitter, starting this big social media campaign it was quite ridiculous. He’ll be held accountable for his actions.”

Woodman
12-15-2023, 04:43 PM
Matt Araiza says people in Buffalo Bills’ organization ‘frequently check in’ on him
Following news this week that civil sexual assault allegations were dropped against former Buffalo Bills (https://www.buffalorumblings.com/) and San Diego State University (SDSU) punter Matt Araiza, the NFL hopeful made his first comments to the press. Araiza was accused of the sexual assault of a 17-year-old girl at a house party near the campus of SDSU in October 2021.
As reported by Danielle Dawson and Zara Baker of WIVB News 4 Buffalo (https://www.wivb.com/news/former-sdsu-punter-matt-araiza-speaks-out-after-rape-claims-dismissed/), 23-year-old Araiza specifically mentioned that some members of the Bills’ organization have maintained a line of communication with him throughout the process.

Woodman
12-18-2023, 12:47 PM
For what reason are we standing pat on our punt game?

This kid is a weapon!!!!!!!

Goobylal
12-18-2023, 02:16 PM
I hope Araiza sues and puts Gilleon out of business. I have no doubt Gilleon tried to use the fact that she was 17 as a way to say "she was a innocent cherub and he defiled her! Of course he was responsible for the gang rape inside the house as well because he threw her to the wolves!" When the facts are she tried to pass herself off as 18+, was the sexual aggressor, was smitten with the encounter and Araiza left before the stuff inside even happened. Never mind that there's not a single shred of evidence that what happened inside the house was rape, but that's not what I'm concerned about here.

Woodman
12-18-2023, 02:40 PM
Never mind that there's not a single shred of evidence that what happened inside the house was rape, but that's not what I'm concerned about here.
What gives concern to you ....... the heebie jeebies as you will?

Goobylal
12-18-2023, 07:38 PM
What gives concern to you ....... the heebie jeebies as you will?

I meant I'm not concerned with what happened inside the house. That's a separate matter from Araiza's case.

Woodman
12-18-2023, 08:50 PM
I meant I'm not concerned with what happened inside the house. That's a separate matter from Araiza's case.
I wish we'd kick the tires stay in touch or make a move.

We can be better on special teams it's just that simple.

sukie
12-19-2023, 05:46 AM
Wow Woody, poundin the table hard for on this one.

sure 70-80 yard punts are nice but can he lay in a 42 yarder out at the 6? Last time he held for a FG was when exactly? Its week 16

Goobylal
12-19-2023, 09:40 AM
I wish we'd kick the tires stay in touch or make a move.

We can be better on special teams it's just that simple.

Araiza said that some of the Bills brass and players have been in touch with him over the past year+. But he also called-out the team for not sticking by him.

Woodman
12-19-2023, 11:55 AM
Araiza said that some of the Bills brass and players have been in touch with him over the past year+. But he also called-out the team for not sticking by him.
I read that as well .... in our defense our hands were tied we had absolutely no choice.

Tough way to lose a guy that made the team earned the position and lost his job on bull****.

It would take incredible guts to make things right.

As pointed out it's late in the season .... so it will have to apparently wait.

I just hope it doesn't cost us in any way the rest of the season.