PDA

View Full Version : J. Shorter practice window opened

Buffalogic
12-13-2023, 01:16 PM
We might see this guy in games down the stretch as the 21 day window is now opened. They've gotten next to nothing from Sherfield and Harty so real chance he gets some game snaps soon.

ParanoidAndroid
12-13-2023, 01:43 PM
Cool. Keep him on ice until next season.

John Doe
12-13-2023, 02:00 PM
I can't see him taking snaps on offense. Shorter is needed on special teams coverage units if anything.

Having said that, I don't know who would be cut to make room for him.

sukie
12-13-2023, 02:31 PM
Can he play safety?

Ed
12-13-2023, 02:43 PM
I can't see him taking snaps on offense. Shorter is needed on special teams coverage units if anything.

Having said that, I don't know who would be cut to make room for him.
My guess would be that they're getting him ramped up over the next few weeks in case there's an injury, but if not then he'll go back to IR for the rest of the season.

Woodman
12-13-2023, 02:53 PM
Can he play safety?

No joke ..... we need somebody ..... love his size .... he could be great at it :idunno:

Woodman
12-13-2023, 02:55 PM
My guess would be that they're getting him ramped up over the next few weeks in case there's an injury, but if not then he'll go back to IR for the rest of the season.

Insurance ..... probably spot on !! :cheers:

Mad Max
12-13-2023, 03:01 PM
I’d like to see him get offensive reps. We passed on Puka Nacua for him, so it would be nice to find out if he can be more than a ST piece.

acehole
12-13-2023, 03:41 PM

Thinking Different motive.....They have to see what he's got before making a design/contract. offer to Gabe.

If shorter "Gets it" we can say good by to Davis.

I love Davis but we have to start getting younger and cheaper.

Bill Cody
12-13-2023, 04:01 PM
He does have one thing going for him. All the other receivers are Shorter

Ed
12-13-2023, 04:34 PM
Thinking Different motive.....They have to see what he's got before making a design/contract. offer to Gabe.

If shorter "Gets it" we can say good by to Davis.

I love Davis but we have to start getting younger and cheaper.
I hope they don't re-sign Davis and really hope they don't think Shorter is the answer to replace him. We should be trying to get way more dynamic and talented at WR.

acehole
12-13-2023, 04:42 PM
....only one way to find out if he is the answer? I mean they drafted him and Shakir was a 5th rounder. Unless he takes the field how will we know?

Mad Max
12-13-2023, 04:50 PM
I hope they don't re-sign Davis and really hope they don't think Shorter is the answer to replace him. We should be trying to get way more dynamic and talented at WR.

Davis should be gone for performance and price reasons. We need to draft a number 1 WR in the first round (plenty of great options in 24 draft) to start grooming as Stefon is now 30 and we need some real juice at the position.

Shorter if he develops could become a possession/RZ threat.

YardRat
12-13-2023, 05:45 PM
Can never hurt to have another healthy option for the playoffs.

BuffaloBlitz83
12-13-2023, 07:04 PM

Michael Pittman is having a strong year and only 26. He’s a free agent

Woodman
12-13-2023, 07:35 PM
I’d like to see him get offensive reps. We passed on Puka Nacua for him, so it would be nice to find out if he can be more than a ST piece.

Puka is the man !!

Woodman
12-13-2023, 07:39 PM
Davis should be gone for performance and price reasons. We need to draft a number 1 WR in the first round (plenty of great options in 24 draft) to start grooming as Stefon is now 30 and we need some real juice at the position.

Shorter if he develops could become a possession/RZ threat.

We definitely need a WR 1 and at least one safety ..... two might be better. :idunno:

Other positions in need are DT, CB and a versatile OL ..... that can play any position including Center.

Woodman
12-13-2023, 07:41 PM
I'd go for Antoine Winfield Jr. as well he's only 25.

Woodman
12-13-2023, 07:43 PM
....only one way to find out if he is the answer? I mean they drafted him and Shakir was a 5th rounder. Unless he takes the field how will we know?

Gotta give him the opportunity. :cheers:

Ed
12-13-2023, 08:32 PM
I don't have any issue with Shorter. If he ends up playing and plays well that would be great, but I don't want that to stop them from being aggressive in trying to upgrade the WR group.

Chet
12-14-2023, 05:03 AM
I'm sure somebody more astute with statistics and records can look this up, but is there another receiver in the league who does less with such a gargantuan snap % than Davis?

He's not even on the stat sheet in 3 of the last 5 games! How the hell does that happen in a pass-dominant offense with a gunslinger QB?

Give Shorter some run if he gets healthy. You can't do worse than 3 goose eggs in 5 weeks.

YardRat
12-14-2023, 05:30 AM

I doubt we'll be able to sign any young free agents that playing well enough they'll demand a decent-sized contract.

Mad Max
12-14-2023, 12:10 PM
I doubt we'll be able to sign any young free agents that playing well enough they'll demand a decent-sized contract.

Correct. this is why the likelihood is very high we draft that guy in the first round. Need, availability, price.