PDA

View Full Version : Win Sunday and our division probability is likely 65% How crazy

BuffaloBlitz83
12-15-2023, 06:02 PM
Chargers, Pats, Miami

Vs

Dallas, Baltimore, Buffalo

Nuts. 1 win!!!! Let's get it

OpIv37
12-15-2023, 06:14 PM
Winning Sunday is nit happening. Too many people on this board are dismissing Dallas for no reason. Dax is going to shred this D.

Novacane
12-15-2023, 06:26 PM
Quote someone who is dismissing Dallas. You can't find them. You are just making that up because in your mind anyone who says the Bills can win this game is dismissing Dallas.

Mad Max
12-15-2023, 06:32 PM
Winning Sunday is nit happening. Too many people on this board are dismissing Dallas for no reason. Dax is going to shred this D.
Nobody under 11 years old would be dumb enough to dismiss the Dookies.

You’re just looking for a counterpoint to your usual dismissal of the Bills.

OpIv37
12-15-2023, 07:10 PM
Quote someone who is dismissing Dallas. You can't find them. You are just making that up because in your mind anyone who says the Bills can win this game is dismissing Dallas.

You’re crazy. People on this board have been talking like a Bills win is a foregone conclusion for weeks.

OpIv37
12-15-2023, 07:12 PM
Nobody under 11 years old would be dumb enough to dismiss the Dookies.

You’re just looking for a counterpoint to your usual dismissal of the Bills.

Lmao. They’re objectively better in almost every measurable category, yet so many here are acting like this os an easy win.

BuffaloBlitz83
12-15-2023, 07:18 PM
Lmao. They’re objectively better in almost every measurable category, yet so many here are acting like this os an easy win.

Would you agree you rather be correct and miserable over incorrect and happy?

Also answer this would you trade josh 4 dak today? I'll wait because even cowboys fans would rush to get that cleared . I guarantee buffalo scores 30 Sunday

Mad Max
12-15-2023, 07:24 PM
You’re crazy. People on this board have been talking like a Bills win is a foregone conclusion for weeks.

Go ahead and name a few of those, or even one. We’ll wait.

I don’t recall seeing anything but cautious optimism…I saw no arrogant dismissal or guarantees.

BuffaloBlitz83
12-15-2023, 07:26 PM

Wise guy money is on buffalo. The wise guys are usually 60% right. They hammered buffalo. 60% isn't a guarantee but a good chance

OpIv37
12-15-2023, 07:59 PM
Go ahead and name a few of those, or even one. We’ll wait.

I don’t recall seeing anything but cautious optimism…I saw no arrogant dismissal or guarantees.
The search function on this form is not great but:
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/264544-Vegas-sets-the-trap-bills-2-5vs-Dallas?highlight=Smoke+Dallas Post 2, post 6 says we win by 10 points.

That’s two in the first 6 posts of one thread.

Joe Fo Sho
12-15-2023, 08:25 PM

It's a shame the Bills player and coaches look to the billszone to determine if they have to play hard or not. I wonder why they do that?

Mad Max
12-15-2023, 08:42 PM
The search function on this form is not great but:
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/264544-Vegas-sets-the-trap-bills-2-5vs-Dallas?highlight=Smoke+Dallas Post 2, post 6 says we win by 10 points.

That’s two in the first 6 posts of one thread.

The second post is just enthusiasm, I’ll give you post 6…that was bravado. So congrats for finding one such post.

Joe Fo Sho
12-15-2023, 09:00 PM
The second post is just enthusiasm, I’ll give you post 6…that was bravado. So congrats for finding one such post.

That post singlehandedly will cause the Bills to lose this weekend too, according to OP. It's a real shame.

OpIv37
12-15-2023, 09:13 PM

There are more. There was def one post where someone said we are going to “smoke Dallas.” I just can’t find it with the limited search functionality.

- - - Updated - - -

That post singlehandedly will cause the Bills to lose this weekend too, according to OP. It's a real shame.

The post has nothing to do with the outcome of the game. The point is that people here are overconfident.

TigerJ
12-15-2023, 09:27 PM
No,OP, I don't think it will be easy and I don't think the Bills are destined to win, but there is no reason to think a win is impossible. It's not just a home game, but the weather may tend to be something of an equalizer. Buffalo has more experience in these kinds of game conditions than do the Cowboys.

Novacane
12-16-2023, 07:42 AM

Then quote just one. You see what you want to see.

OpIv37
12-16-2023, 09:30 AM
Then quote just one. You see what you want to see.

There were more. Like I said, it’s hard to find with the limited search functionality.

imbondz
12-16-2023, 09:54 AM
Home vs Dallas is huge tho. Gives us a better chance of winning. Even if we lose tho we’re still in it. Just need to hope the Broncos, Bengals, Colts lose.

OpIv37
12-16-2023, 10:04 AM
Home vs Dallas is huge tho. Gives us a better chance of winning. Even if we lose tho we’re still in it. Just need to hope the Broncos, Bengals, Colts lose.

That’s the whole problem though. We’re back to drought-era playoff math.

“If we win out and these teams lose out and team A beats team B but loses to team C, we’re in!”

This team is supposed to be too good for that nonsense. They should have at least clinched a WC by now. Well, scratch that. I don’t believe anyone in the AFC has cliched yet. But they should have no more than 3 losses and should still be in the hunt for the bye. Instead, we’re doing playoff math.

kscdogbillsfan1221
12-16-2023, 10:08 AM

“If we win out and these teams lose out and team A beats team B but loses to team C, we’re in!”

This team is supposed to be too good for that nonsense. They should have at least clinched a WC by now. Well, scratch that. I don’t believe anyone in the AFC has cliched yet. But they should have no more than 3 losses and should still be in the hunt for the bye. Instead, we’re doing playoff math.

This i agree with
but the rest of your posts in this thread are way off base

DetoxTent
12-16-2023, 10:29 AM

Everyone said the Sabres weren't winning last night in Vegas too. Let's let them play the game.

Novacane
12-16-2023, 10:59 AM
Everyone said the Sabres weren't winning last night in Vegas too. Let's let them play the game.

The Bills have a better shot against Dallas than the Sabres did against LV.

BillsOwnAll
12-16-2023, 11:19 AM

Grow up. You’re an imbecile. I’ll remind you everyday. You make no sense. But you’re “Mr logic”

imbondz
12-16-2023, 01:27 PM

100%

Novacane
12-16-2023, 01:36 PM

I agree with all this but how can you make this argument when you say they stink? If they'd won those 3 games you say they should have won they'd be the top AFC seed. That doesn't fit the team you've been trashing all season.

OpIv37
12-16-2023, 01:59 PM
Grow up. You’re an imbecile. I’ll remind you everyday. You make no sense. But you’re “Mr logic”

So, it makes no sense to say that a team that has more wins than us and is statistically better than us in almost every category will beat us? This post is an idiot.

Cntrygal
12-16-2023, 02:05 PM

It hurts to do playoff math with the expectations that we have for this team. :sadwalk:

acehole
12-16-2023, 03:39 PM

I think it’s you do missing josh and the Bills.

Does always thinking the worst protect you from heartbreak?

Show me on this doll where the Bills hurt you….

BillsOwnAll
12-17-2023, 06:04 PM

Your credibility is below 0. You are the punchline

Novacane
12-17-2023, 06:12 PM
Your credibility is below 0. You are the punchline

I love the Dak is going to shred this D comment the most. OMG that's :lmao:

kscdogbillsfan1221
12-17-2023, 06:48 PM
I love the Dak is going to shred this D comment the most. OMG that's :lmao:
I was gonna ask

‘do you ever get tired of being wrong all the time?’

but I’m sure the answer will be no

he will explain to us how he felt the bills got destroyed tonight because he is never wrong

Discotrish
12-17-2023, 08:14 PM

I was the number one seed for my top fantasy football league.

However I played Josh Allen as QB when I shoulda played that Cinci guy.

Conventional wisdom and all that. Dallas smoked Josh so bad we had to put our backup in!

I'm having the sads. :opiv:

<div style="width:360px;max-width:100%;"><div style="height:0;padding-bottom:56.11%;position:relative;"><iframe width="360" height="202" style="position:absolute;top:0;left:0;width:100%;height:100%;" frameBorder="0" src="https://imgflip.com/embed/89p9u0"></iframe></div><p><a href="https://imgflip.com/gif/89p9u0">via Imgflip</a></p></div>

Ed
12-17-2023, 08:21 PM
You're so lame.

Novacane
12-17-2023, 08:32 PM

There should have been a lot more of us dismissing Dallas.

Forward_Lateral
12-17-2023, 08:47 PM
I was the one who said the Bills would smoke Dallas.

Mad Max
12-17-2023, 09:19 PM
I was the one who said the Bills would smoke Dallas.

Gotta give you and Cas22 credit for calling that. Most of us weren’t that confident.

I bet op was wringing his hands like Mr. Burns ready to shred you guys if the outcome was the opposite.

justasportsfan
12-17-2023, 09:47 PM
The problem was not people crapping on Dallas. It was that Opiv was crapping on the bills and didn't give us a chance . Another stupid thought on his part.

This team may not be hitting on all cylinders all season long ,but it's a very talented team.

OpIv37
12-17-2023, 09:49 PM
Gotta give you and Cas22 credit for calling that. Most of us weren’t that confident.

I bet op was wringing his hands like Mr. Burns ready to shred you guys if the outcome was the opposite.

Please. Give me some credit.

I’ve never floated when I’ve been right about the Bills losing/sucking. Sure, I’ve brought up the times I was right well after the fact when I predicted another loss and people didn’t want to hear it, but despite what people think, I don’t want the Bills lose. The Bills winning brings me way more satisfaction than being right on some outdated Internet message board.

OpIv37
12-17-2023, 09:51 PM
The problem was not people crapping on Dallas. It was that Opiv was crapping on the bills and didn't give us a chance . Another stupid thought on his part.

This team may not be hitting on all cylinders all season long ,but it's a very talented team.
The team was a SB favorite that was 7-6 going in because they blew several winnable games. If that doesn’t deserve to be crapped on, I don’t know what does. So many of you said the team would be way better than that. They weren’t, then when I point it out, it’s my problem? Please.

justasportsfan
12-17-2023, 09:56 PM
The team was a SB favorite that was 7-6 going in because they blew several winnable games. If that doesn’t deserve to be crapped on, I don’t know what does. So many of you said the team would be way better than that. They weren’t, then when I point it out, it’s my problem? Please.

The cowboys lost to the Jets, which means we could beat them even if we lost our winnable games, too.

the results prove that it was stupid for you not to give the bills a chance. You can't defend yourself for that.

OpIv37
12-17-2023, 10:00 PM
The cowboys lost to the Jets, which means we could beat them even if we lost our winnable games, too.

the results prove that it was stupid for you not to give the bills a chance. You can't defend yourself for that.

I admit I was wrong. But there is a LOT Of defense. The Bills already blew several win a pe games and babe not been the team there you and many others thought they would be going in. Before this game, there were a lot of categories where adam led the league whereas the Bills’ D was 27th or worse.

I mean, everyone on ESPN’s NFL Today picked the Cowboys. I wasn’t the only one.

OpIv37
12-17-2023, 10:01 PM
Oh, and Dallas lose ONE winnable game. We lost 4.

Joe Fo Sho
12-17-2023, 10:04 PM
"I was wrong... BUT I WAS STILL RIGHT"

Who would've thought that this would be his response? Oh yeah, everyone.

justasportsfan
12-17-2023, 10:05 PM
I admit I was wrong. But there is a LOT Of defense. The Bills already blew several win a pe games and babe not been the team there you and many others thought they would be going in. Before this game, there were a lot of categories where adam led the league whereas the Bills’ D was 27th or worse.

Again, no one is saying the bills should've been favored . You were probably the one who didnt give us a chance. That's why Vegas didn't favor the Cowboys by a ton. Actually Vgas favored bills by 2.

Mad Max
12-17-2023, 10:05 PM

You’ll all be eating an unseasoned crow pie. Eat up beaches.

justasportsfan
12-17-2023, 10:14 PM
"I was wrong... BUT I WAS STILL RIGHT"

Who would've thought that this would be his response? Oh yeah, everyone.

Yeah. The results prove he is wrong and he's still trying to tell us he was right.

Mad Max
12-17-2023, 10:22 PM
Yeah. The results prove he is wrong and he's still trying to tell us he was right.
Hahaha. Always on brand is my man opi, never blinks. Gotta respect that.

BuffaloBlitz83
12-17-2023, 10:25 PM

They didn’t lose 1 they got blown the **** out. They were utterly dominated and the starters were removed. They got so massively beat that the star Qb didn’t have to pass the ball.

Also Dallas lost to the cardinals

BuffaloBlitz83
12-17-2023, 10:37 PM
They didn’t lose 1 they got blown the **** out. They were utterly dominated and the starters were removed. They got so massively beat that the star Qb didn’t have to pass the ball.

Bills never got dominated. Also Dallas lost to the cardinals

Novacane
12-17-2023, 10:45 PM
I'm actually surprised you're still defending your Dallas pick instead of just saying I was wrong about Dallas, they suck.

Novacane
12-17-2023, 10:48 PM
I'm actually surprised you're still defending your Dallas pick instead of just saying I was wrong about Dallas, they suck.

The team you were wrong about is the Bills. Just admit it. They can beat anyone. They **** it up to often and don't but they are as good as anyone when they play like they are capable of.

- - - Updated - - -

[QUOTE=Novacane;5068022]

BuffaloBlitz83
12-17-2023, 10:56 PM
The team you were wrong about is the Bills. Just admit it. They can beat anyone. They **** it up to often and don't but they are as good as anyone when they play like they are capable of.

- - - Updated - - -

[QUOTE=Novacane;5068022]

I agree with you. There's a reason everyone keeps saying nobody wants buffalo in the playoffs. Maybe outside the nfl as they want allen in for star power

Mr. Pink
12-18-2023, 01:15 AM
As long as we win one of the next two, we're gonna be playing Miami with a playoff spot on the line.

Even if we win the next two, we're going to be playing Miami with a playoff spot on the line.

We lose to Miami and we won't make the playoffs.

Going 10-7 with that conference record is going to doom us with tiebreakers

I don't see Miami beating either Dallas or Baltimore.

Forward_Lateral
12-18-2023, 06:30 AM
I'm going to cut OPI some slack on this one.

A.) Dallas was beating the ever loving poop out of everyone, including the Eagles team that the Bills had lost too not that long ago.

B.) The Bills vs Dallas almost always tends to end in a nut kicking fashion

C.) Dallas has the best pass defense in the NFL? I thought I heard that yesterday, but maybe not?

Anyways, it all looked like a Dallas win, but if you've been paying attention, you've noticed how great the Bills are historically under McDermott in December, and even better at home.

Dallas is not built to come from behind. Their Defense is undersized and small, especially their LBs. I knew that, if the Bills could jump out early, the game would be over. The Bills took full advantage of a couple of really dumb Dallas penalties, and never looked back.

justasportsfan
12-18-2023, 07:37 AM

And yet the FACTS prove that we DOMINAYED the cows.

Joe Fo Sho
12-18-2023, 09:51 AM
And yet the FACTS prove that we DOMINAYED the cows.

The real problem is that the fans were overconfident, obviously. That's why we were supposed to lose this game. :rolleyes:

cas22
12-18-2023, 09:54 AM

I take it you are a Cowboys fan, everywhere I look I read how you thought they would beat the Bills, My question is why? I told you in another post why I thought the Bills would win big and of coarse I was right again,,, still the Cowboys have not beat a team with a winning record until last week when they beat a struggling Eagles team, thats all year, they're schedule is very weak and Presscott is a system guy, the Cowboys will never win anything with him behind center.

OpIv37
12-18-2023, 10:51 AM
I take it you are a Cowboys fan, everywhere I look I read how you thought they would beat the Bills, My question is why? I told you in another post why I thought the Bills would win big and of coarse I was right again,,, still the Cowboys have not beat a team with a winning record until last week when they beat a struggling Eagles team, thats all year, they're schedule is very weak and Presscott is a system guy, the Cowboys will never win anything with him behind center.
I’m not a Cowboys fan at all. It was just numbers. The Cowboys kicked the crap out of the Eagles. They had 10 wins going in. They were leading the league in offensive categories where the Bills’ D has struggled and the Bills had two more starters out on D.

It turned out to be wrong but there were a lot of reasons to think Dallas was going to win.

ckg927
12-18-2023, 12:26 PM
FTR, the probability for Buffalo to make the playoffs now stands at 71%. (It WAS at 25%.)

Just saying.

sukie
12-18-2023, 01:28 PM
I’m not a Cowboys fan at all. It was just numbers. The Cowboys kicked the crap out of the Eagles. They had 10 wins going in. They were leading the league in offensive categories where the Bills’ D has struggled and the Bills had two more starters out on D.

It turned out to be wrong but there were a lot of reasons to think Dallas was going to win.

How did you miss that they were 3-3 on the road going in?

kscdogbillsfan1221
12-18-2023, 01:36 PM

because the numbers ONLY apply if they fit his narrative that the Bills will lose. haven't you learned this yet? :)

OpIv37
12-18-2023, 02:10 PM

3-3 is still 50% on the road. It doesn’t even come close to countering all the numbers that were in their favor.

sukie
12-18-2023, 02:22 PM
3-3 is still 50% on the road. It doesn’t even come close to countering all the numbers that were in their favor.
Yes it’s a C grade for wins on the road. You listed all those statistics of the mighty Cowpokes yet ignored the one that says 50% of the time they lose and lose ugly and the road.

statistics are pretty on paper especially if you select a nice font but they are just a score card snapshot. There are countless variables that go into each game. You , like the rest of us suck danglies at prognosticating. Blowing as bad as you me and everyone else isn’t hidden under teams of useless paper.

your success rate would be the same if you just said “gut feeling”… but the. You couldn’t failingly defend your predictions.

no one predicted yesterday. I sure as hell didn’t but if you showed me the stat that Josh was under 50% comp and completed only 7 for 94 yards… “Bills lost” . They would be based on meaningless past performances and stats of those performances.

TigerJ
12-18-2023, 03:13 PM
I think the issue for the Bills this season has been focus. I think when the had those big injury losses on defense they lost it. I think they have it back again. They have a real chance to run the table now.

justasportsfan
12-18-2023, 03:25 PM
there were a lot of reasons to think Dallas was going to win.

Agreed. However, theres a lot of reasons why you should not count the bills out too. You just refuse to acknowledge those reasons and as it turns out, those reasons are why you were wrong.

notacon
12-18-2023, 03:43 PM
NY Times predictor (https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2023/upshot/nfl-playoff-picture.html) has the Bills at 71% to make the playoffs and 42% to win the division after yesterday's huge win.

OpIv37
12-18-2023, 04:05 PM
Agreed. However, theres a lot of reasons why you should not count the bills out too. You just refuse to acknowledge those reasons and as it turns out, those reasons are why you were wrong.

Lmao. The Bills- this year’s Bills- lost to the Jags, Patriots, Broncos and Jets, and blew a winnable situation against the Eagles. Going in, the Cowboys had two losses against two of the best teams in the NFL and only one choke job against AZ. If you can’t see why it’s easier to dismiss the Bills than the Cowboys in that situation, the bias is yours, not mine.

OpIv37
12-18-2023, 04:17 PM
NY Times predictor (https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2023/upshot/nfl-playoff-picture.html) has the Bills at 71% to make the playoffs and 42% to win the division after yesterday's huge win.

There’s a strong chance the Bills/Fish game week 18 will determine the division, which is the exact outcome the NFL was hoping for when they scheduled that game.

BuffaloBlitz83
12-18-2023, 04:22 PM
Lmao. The Bills- this year’s Bills- lost to the Jags, Patriots, Broncos and Jets, and blew a winnable situation against the Eagles. Going in, the Cowboys had two losses against two of the best teams in the NFL and only one choke job against AZ. If you can’t see why it’s easier to dismiss the Bills than the Cowboys in that situation, the bias is yours, not mine.

Classless Individual

OpIv37
12-18-2023, 04:40 PM
Classless Individual

Please explain what is classless about the post you quoted.

BuffaloBlitz83
12-18-2023, 04:53 PM
Please explain what is classless about the post you quoted.

Fact you keep bringing up past with the prior OC. If you can't see how the Bills are playing different with Brady running the offense. Dallas has gotten run out of the gym in 3 games cards, sf, buffalo

Turf
12-18-2023, 05:05 PM
Miami is playing Dallas at the worst possible time coming off this embarrassing defeat. If Dallas beats Miami, which given the circumstances I think they will, then all we have to do is win out and take the division. I don't think we'll get in via wildcard.

OpIv37
12-18-2023, 05:42 PM
Fact you keep bringing up past with the prior OC. If you can't see how the Bills are playing different with Brady running the offense. Dallas has gotten run out of the gym in 3 games cards, sf, buffalo

So, two things:

First, your premise is that the ENTIRE problem that caused us to get to six losses was the ONE guy that isn’t here anymore, and all the players and coaches still here beat no responsibility whatsoever. Wow.

Second, what is classless about me not blaming all the problems on the ONE guy who isn’t here anymore?

Your post is very misguided.

OpIv37
12-18-2023, 05:44 PM
Miami is playing Dallas at the worst possible time coming off this embarrassing defeat. If Dallas beats Miami, which given the circumstances I think they will, then all we have to do is win out and take the division. I don't think we'll get in via wildcard.

But, but but…. Dallas can’t win on the road, right? That’s why no one should have expected them to beat the Bills. But now that they’re playing Miami on the road, of course they’re gonna win, right?

Novacane
12-18-2023, 05:53 PM

I agree! Dallas is getting destroyed in the media today. If they have any pride they're going to come out looking to prove a point in Miami. If they're ever going to play a good road game against a winning team it will be next week. Works out perfectly for the Bills.

OpIv37
12-18-2023, 05:56 PM

Oh and one thing I forgot: the Bills lost to the eagles. Granted, they are arguably the best team in the NFL and it was a road game. But Brady was the OC and the O played great, but the Bills still lost. That means that Brady obviously didn’t solve all the problems.

Mad Max
12-18-2023, 06:29 PM
Oh and one thing I forgot: the Bills lost to the eagles. Granted, they are arguably the best team in the NFL and it was a road game. But Brady was the OC and the O played great, but the Bills still lost. That means that Brady obviously didn’t solve all the problems.

Brady must work on his deficiencies diligently. Him dropping that easy TD Pass, missing a chip shot FG and missing another longer but makeable FG during that game and leaving 10-13 points off the board are all completely unacceptable.

sukie
12-18-2023, 06:50 PM
But, but but…. Dallas can’t win on the road, right? That’s why no one should have expected them to beat the Bills. But now that they’re playing Miami on the road, of course they’re gonna win, right?

If Dallas is a good team Miami will have issues. Dallas playing like crap on the road is a signal Dallas will have issues.

it’s a toss up. If, however, Dallas can break the road woes streak… then they will have a good chance… unless Miami breaks the inability to beat good teams tag. Damn it still a toss up.

yup record and prior games played just don’t have any affect on a game once kickoff has begun.

OpIv37
12-18-2023, 08:44 PM
If Dallas is a good team Miami will have issues. Dallas playing like crap on the road is a signal Dallas will have issues.

it’s a toss up. If, however, Dallas can break the road woes streak… then they will have a good chance… unless Miami breaks the inability to beat good teams tag. Damn it still a toss up.

yup record and prior games played just don’t have any affect on a game once kickoff has begun.

What you just said is “what they’ve proven they can and can’t do means essentially nothing once the game starts cuz hey, you never know.”

Might as well quit your job and buy a lotto ticket. All the money you’ve made working and all the losing lotto tickets you’ve bought mean nothing cuz hey, you never know.

sukie
12-18-2023, 09:25 PM
What you just said is “what they’ve proven they can and can’t do means essentially nothing once the game starts cuz hey, you never know.”

Might as well quit your job and buy a lotto ticket. All the money you’ve made working and all the losing lotto tickets you’ve bought mean nothing cuz hey, you never know.
What recent trends and past outcomes of both Dallas and the Bills extrapolates to what really happened… hint : rhymes with uh-thing.

and the last lotto winner was a long time lotto loser so yeah, you never know.

End the actual season after 8 games then run AI simulations based on the trends gleaned off of those first 8 games… that way less injuries , less CTE

OpIv37
12-18-2023, 10:12 PM
What recent trends and past outcomes of both Dallas and the Bills extrapolates to what really happened… hint : rhymes with uh-thing.

and the last lotto winner was a long time lotto loser so yeah, you never know.

End the actual season after 8 games then run AI simulations based on the trends gleaned off of those first 8 games… that way less injuries , less CTE

I’ll take the results of the entirety of the season over the “hey you never know” results of yesterday. Anomalies happen but they are still anomolies.

You come off as a desperate fan boy, clinging to a needle of hope in a haystack of evidence.

Novacane
12-18-2023, 10:20 PM
You're just being an azzhole now. Give yourself a time out.

sukie
12-18-2023, 10:21 PM
I’ll take the results of the entirety of the season over the “hey you never know” results of yesterday. Anomalies happen but they are still anomolies.

You come off as a desperate fan boy, clinging to a needle of hope in a haystack of evidence.
So evidence had the Seahawks winning over a 10-3 Eagles prior to kickoff? Or was it an anomoly

Novacane
You really are coming across as pissed off that the Bills won. Pathetic.

imbondz
I’m definitely a desperate fan boy.

sukie
12-18-2023, 10:22 PM

You don’t take the entirety of the season. Bills lost to Jets week one and you use it as trend fodder today.

Mad Max
12-18-2023, 10:39 PM
You don’t take the entirety of the season. Bills lost to Jets week one and you use it as trend fodder today.

Why are you trying to argue facts with Opie? He and facts are not friends. Feelings are his friend.

Turf
12-19-2023, 09:21 AM

That's why this doubles down as a statement game. And I never said Dallas can't win on the road. Dallas's real problem is they're a coddled indoor team. Miami's weather should suite them fine.

justasportsfan
12-19-2023, 09:38 AM
I cant dumb it down for you FACT Bills 31 - Cows 10.
Typical OPiv, arguing with facts.

OpIv37
12-19-2023, 09:46 AM

Of course you take the entirety of the season. Long term trends with larger sample sizes are MUCH more telling than a one game anomaly. The Bills have rushed for that many yards exactly once. The Jets game was FAR from the only time that the Bills failed to show up this season.

OpIv37
12-19-2023, 09:48 AM
I cant dumb it down for you FACT Bills 31 - Cows 10.
Typical OPiv, arguing with facts.

Well, now you've moved the goal posts. The discussion was about reasons for favoring the Bills vs reasons for favoring the Cowboys BEFORE we knew the outcome. I've already said I was wrong about the outcome, but at least two posters here are acting like it was crazy to ever think the Cowboys would win in the first place, which is just plain stupid.

justasportsfan
12-19-2023, 09:54 AM
Well, now you've moved the goal posts. The discussion was about reasons for favoring the Bills vs reasons for favoring the Cowboys BEFORE we knew the outcome. I've already said I was wrong about the outcome, but at least two posters here are acting like it was crazy to ever think the Cowboys would win in the first place, which is just plain stupid.

I did NOT take dismiss your reasons as to why the cows could have beaten us. I acknowledged and agreed with them . Hello.. You're the one who dismissed reasons why the bills could beat the cowboys which is why you came up with a stupid prediction that we had no chance . YOU were WRONG . AGAIN. Duh!

If the mark of a dangerous team is because of where they are in the playoff hunt, so are the cowboys and the Chiefs dangerous or not? The same team we beat (KC) and cowboys that we DOMINATED.

OpIv37
12-19-2023, 09:58 AM
I did NOT take dismiss your reasons as to why the cows could have beaten us. I acknowledged and agreed with them . Hello.. You're the one who dismissed reasons why the bills could beat the cowboys which is why you came up with a stupid prediction that we had no chance . YOU were WRONG . AGAIN. Duh!

If the mark of a dangerous team is because of where they are in the playoff hunt, so are the cowboys and the Chiefs dangerous or not? The same team we beat (KC) and cowboys that we DOMINATED.

See, here's the thing: you have to be invited to be dangerous, otherwise you're just dangerous on the golf course. The Cowboys will be in the playoffs. We may or may not be.

As far as if the Cowboys are dangerous, let's put it this way: If I'm an NFC wild card team, I'm hoping Philly wins that div so I don't have to go to Dallas. Not that Philly is an easy place to play (as we know first hand), but the Cowboys are so much better at home. The difference between the home Cowboys and the away Cowboys appears to be much greater than any other team in the league.

justasportsfan
12-19-2023, 10:06 AM
See, here's the thing: you have to be invited to be dangerous, otherwise you're just dangerous on the golf course. The Cowboys will be in the playoffs. We may or may not be. .

LOL. no wonder you're contantly wrong. You're trying skirt around FACTS that prove your logic WRONG. Youre. too dense to understand. We started slow and now we're dangerous. Ask the Chiefs and cowboys :roflmao:

As far as if the Cowboys are dangerous, let's put it this way: If I'm an NFC wild card team, I'm hoping Philly wins that div so I don't have to go to Dallas. Not that Philly is an easy place to play (as we know first hand), but the Cowboys are so much better at home. The difference between the home Cowboys and the away Cowboys appears to be much greater than any other team in the league.

You're yapping. 31-10 Bills. FACT! :snicker:

cas22
12-19-2023, 10:51 AM

well I did too and after I dissected there schedule and performance I came up with the Bills beating them and not even being close, the Cowboys 3 wins on the road were against the Giants 1st game of the year, the Panthers and Washington...

they lost to Philly on the road, they lost to the Cards and the 49ers and us of coarse, for instance the Cowboys against there 4 loss's on the road are only averaging 198.36 passing yards a game with 7 turn overs, there offense is only averaging 15 points a game in those loss's .... and some of those point came in garbage time..

OpIv37
12-19-2023, 12:12 PM
LOL. no wonder you're contantly wrong. You're trying skirt around FACTS that prove your logic WRONG. Youre. too dense to understand. We started slow and now we're dangerous. Ask the Chiefs and cowboys :roflmao:

You're yapping. 31-10 Bills. FACT! :snicker:
You know what else is a fact: After whooping the Commanders, Raiders and Fish, the Bills regressed to losing against the Jags, barely beating the Giants and losing to NE. they were "dangerous" in September, too, before completely regressing. That was this team, with these coaches and players (yes, I know, no more Dorsey but he's only one of many).

justasportsfan
12-19-2023, 12:25 PM
Its sad that you have to go back and cherry pick games that fit your argument. Does dominating the fins , KC and Coboys not cpunt?
You are as good as you last performance. Can't dumb it down for you.

OpIv37
12-19-2023, 12:29 PM
Its sad that you have to go back and cherry pick games that fit your argument. Does dominating the fins , KC and Coboys not cpunt?
You are as good as you last performance. Can't dumb it down for you.

I'M cherry-picking games? You're bringing up the Fish game and ignoring the 3 consecutive duds they put up after that game. You're completely ignoring losses to the Jets, Broncos, Jags and Pats, blowing a winnable situation in Philly and poor performances against bad teams in the Giants and Bucs. This team fails to show up just as often as they have good games.

sukie
12-19-2023, 12:41 PM
Showed not shows. You have a problem with the past tense.

justasportsfan
12-19-2023, 12:47 PM
You really are coming across as pissed off that the Bills won. Pathetic.

never seen anyone so arrogant who thinks his logic that led him to be WRONG is better than the reasons that led the team to win. Facts be damned. He is smarter than the facts.

justasportsfan
12-19-2023, 12:48 PM
I'M cherry-picking games? You're bringing up the Fish game and ignoring the 3 consecutive duds they put up after that game. You're completely ignoring losses to the Jets, Broncos, Jags and Pats, blowing a winnable situation in Philly and poor performances against bad teams in the Giants and Bucs. This team fails to show up just as often as they have good games.

I did not ignore it thats why I agree with your reasons as to why there were posibilities as to why the bills could LOSE. You were the one who didnt give us a chance. LOL>
You were the one who spoke in absolutes , not me LOL. You were WRONG not me. lol

Joe Fo Sho
12-19-2023, 01:52 PM
Remember when this dude thought that the Bills team that broke the playoff drought was the worst team from the drought era?

What a clown.

OpIv37
12-19-2023, 01:59 PM
Remember when this dude thought that the Bills team that broke the playoff drought was the worst team from the drought era?

What a clown.

everyone always forgets that when I said that, the Bills had been absolutely dominated in THREE STRAIGHT GAMES. The worst teams of the drought never stooped that low.

But mark my words: this team will disappoint us in some epic, soul-sucking way. I don't simply mean that they won't win the SB. 31 out of 32 teams don't win the SB every year. It's easy to predict that a team won't win it all.

They will lose to the Chargers or the Pats to ruin any hope at a WC and make a div run dependent on a Miami collapse. Or they will lose to a Miami team that they've dominated during the McD/Allen era. Or they'll make the playoffs only to lose the 1st game to Miami. Or they'll lose to KC in the playoffs again. Or they'll make it to the SB and lose to Dallas for a 3rd time. The kick to the nuts is coming.

sukie
12-19-2023, 09:52 PM
Ultimately 31 of 32 teams get nut kicked one way or another.

Mr. Pink
12-20-2023, 01:37 AM
Our division, and playoff, chances are 50-50 IMO.

We win in week 18 we win the division, we lose and we're not even making the playoffs.

DetoxTent
12-20-2023, 04:49 AM

LOL. Did you see them lose to the Patriots? I don't blame him. The homers are ganging up on him again. Life as usual at the Zone.

The fact of the matter is the Cowboys were out of their element in the cold rain of Buffalo.

Mike13
12-20-2023, 07:56 AM
Plot twist - The Dolphins beat Cowboys and Ravens, then Wilkins is nice to Josh Allen week 18 and Allen stinks because he used to getting his dick grabbed.

sukie
12-20-2023, 08:06 AM
LOL. Did you see them lose to the Patriots? I don't blame him. The homers are ganging up on him again. Life as usual at the Zone.

The fact of the matter is the Cowboys were out of their element in the cold rain of Buffalo.

It wasn’t cold and rained second half. You too are stuck on Oct 22?

Mad Max
12-20-2023, 10:37 AM

How many homers does it take to constitute a gang? There are a lot of homer infested sports fan sites…this isn’t one of them.

justasportsfan
12-20-2023, 11:09 AM

We lose to pats, they lose to jets. With the fact that the Cows dont do well playing away is especially a reason not to count the bills out at home.
opiv gets ganged on because he insist the results are wrong and he is right. He does this a lot.

Mad Max
12-20-2023, 11:30 AM
We lose to pats, they lose to jets. With the fact that the Cows dont do well playing away is especially a reason not to count the bills out at home.
opiv gets ganged on because he insist the results are wrong and he is right. He does this a lot.

I’ve been convinced that he’s actually playing the role of devils advocate just for fun. No one would be as consistently polar as he is and still be an actual fan…which I have no doubt that he is.

Even knowing this, I battle him myself on occasion… just for fun.

OpIv37
12-20-2023, 11:33 AM
I’ve been convinced that he’s actually playing the role of devils advocate just for fun. No one would be as consistently polar as he is and still be an actual fan…which I have no doubt that he is.

Even knowing this, I battle him myself on occasion… just for fun.
It's really not that hard to separate what you want to happen from what you expect to happen. I don't know why so many here struggle with it.

Bill Cody
12-20-2023, 11:49 AM
It's really not that hard to separate what you want to happen from what you expect to happen. I don't know why so many here struggle with it.

it's ok to be a pessimist if you want. No one is stopping you. But don't act like you know what's coming. You've proven you do not.

OpIv37
12-20-2023, 01:00 PM
it's ok to be a pessimist if you want. No one is stopping you. But don't act like you know what's coming. You've proven you do not.

Then why have a message board? We all make predictions and we all get a lot of things wrong. If it's just going to be all "woo- go team!" then just lock everything down and play the Shout song on a loop.

notacon
12-20-2023, 01:44 PM
Then why have a message board? We all make predictions and we all get a lot of things wrong. If it's just going to be all "woo- go team!" then just lock everything down and play the Shout song on a loop.
Totally false either-or misrepresentation. NO ONE here is "woo- go team!" NO ONE. NO ONE has "the Shout song on a loop.". NO ONE!!!!!!

On the other hand, YOU have put forth a CONSTANT anti-Bills whine of ****ting and quitting on the Bills year after year after year after year. (And I am just talking about during the Josh Allen Era).

Once upon a time, I went back and rated your last 100 posts or so as being negative against the Bills, positive about the Bills or neutral. My memory serves that there were very few (if any) "positive" and almost ALL negative. I can do it again if you wish.

Just STOP IT!!!! Your total lack of self awareness is insufferable.

OpIv37
12-20-2023, 02:08 PM
Totally false either-or misrepresentation. NO ONE here is "woo- go team!" NO ONE. NO ONE has "the Shout song on a loop.". NO ONE!!!!!!

On the other hand, YOU have put forth a CONSTANT anti-Bills whine of ****ting and quitting on the Bills year after year after year after year. (And I am just talking about during the Josh Allen Era).

Once upon a time, I went back and rated your last 100 posts or so as being negative against the Bills, positive about the Bills or neutral. My memory serves that there were very few (if any) "positive" and almost ALL negative. I can do it again if you wish.

Just STOP IT!!!! Your total lack of self awareness is insufferable.

Funny how your complaint is me complaining year after year after year and not with the Bills failing year after year after year....

Also I find it very funny that you actually took your own time to review my posts and hand-code their tone.

justasportsfan
12-20-2023, 02:39 PM
It's really not that hard to separate what you want to happen from what you expect to happen. .

Finally we agree I want you to eat crow but I expect you to act like you are right even when the results prove you are wrong.

:snicker:

Bill Cody
12-20-2023, 03:07 PM

Re read what I said. I'm not discouraging you from posting at all or from being negative. Have at it and you're right it takes all views to have an interesting forum. That's not the point. The point is you have a warped view of the accuracy of your predictions and you are apparently blind to the fact that you have your own strong biases.

justasportsfan
12-20-2023, 03:21 PM

So what now? Does ESPN suck all of a sudden?
Green List.

1. Bill biggest threat to 49ers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDPc18VihfA

OpIv37
12-20-2023, 04:56 PM
So what now? Does ESPN suck all of a sudden?
Green List.

1. Bill biggest threat to 49ers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDPc18VihfA

It’s insanely stupid to say that the biggest threat is a team that isn’t even in a playoff position.

sukie
12-20-2023, 05:20 PM
It’s insanely stupid to say that the biggest threat is a team that isn’t even in a playoff position.
You only need to be in a playoff position after week 18.

A trigger need not be pulled or a gun aimed for it to not be considered dangerous

Joe Fo Sho
12-20-2023, 06:11 PM
everyone always forgets that when I said that, the Bills had been absolutely dominated in THREE STRAIGHT GAMES. The worst teams of the drought never stooped that low.

Oh...so you were wrong but right about that too then... :rolleyes:

That was probably the worst take that I've ever seen anyone have in the history of sports. The longest playoff streak in all of sports was ended by a team you thought was worse than any other team during that active streak. Could there have been a worse prediction, by a more delusional person in the history of sports?

POTLAND PSILBYLO
12-20-2023, 09:50 PM
I have the Shout song on a loop

OpIv37
12-20-2023, 10:17 PM
Oh...so you were wrong but right about that too then... :rolleyes:

That was probably the worst take that I've ever seen anyone have in the history of sports. The longest playoff streak in all of sports was ended by a team you thought was worse than any other team during that active streak. Could there have been a worse prediction, by a more delusional person in the history of sports?

Ok I was wrong. I still don’t see why everyone else wasn’t just as down on a team that got utterly dominated 3 weeks in a row. Even a blind fly lands on **** sometimes. Anyone who had any confidence in that team after those games just got lucky.

OpIv37
12-20-2023, 10:18 PM
I have the Shout song on a loop

We got a good Alexa with the video screen as a gift s couple years ago. I just tell it to play Shout every time the the Bills score.

acehole
12-21-2023, 07:00 AM
I would not say Philly dominated them. If not for one call or one drop we would have beaten one of the better teams in the league.

We have not lose a game all season less than 6 points?

Joe Fo Sho
12-21-2023, 09:15 AM
Ok I was wrong. I still don’t see why everyone else wasn’t just as down on a team that got utterly dominated 3 weeks in a row. Even a blind fly lands on **** sometimes. Anyone who had any confidence in that team after those games just got lucky.

You mean they were right?

We were 5-5 after those 3 games...which means we were 5-2 at one point. You think it's blind luck that people thought we had a chance of making the playoffs after that start? Sure we lost 3 in a row, but we also won 5 of 7.

People don't have to think like you...the majority would be depressed if they did.

OpIv37
12-21-2023, 09:30 AM
You mean they were right?

We were 5-5 after those 3 games...which means we were 5-2 at one point. You think it's blind luck that people thought we had a chance of making the playoffs after that start? Sure we lost 3 in a row, but we also won 5 of 7.

People don't have to think like you...the majority would be depressed if they did.

We didn't just lose. We got UTTERLY DOMINATED 3 games in a row. And once again, the hypocrisy of this board shows. "We were 5-2 and we lost 3 games but we WERE 5-2."

This year "Yeah, we WERE 6-6 and we lost a bunch of games we should have won, but we won 2 so what we WERE doesn't matter!"

Joe Fo Sho
12-21-2023, 04:22 PM
We didn't just lose. We got UTTERLY DOMINATED 3 games in a row. And once again, the hypocrisy of this board shows. "We were 5-2 and we lost 3 games but we WERE 5-2."

This year "Yeah, we WERE 6-6 and we lost a bunch of games we should have won, but we won 2 so what we WERE doesn't matter!"

You literally made the worst call in history, and you're blaming hypocrites. The worst call in history. The absolute worst. Of all the people who have ever made a prediction in sports, you were worse than all of them.

Oaf
12-21-2023, 04:34 PM

Love having you around, Op.

Goobylal
12-21-2023, 04:49 PM
Now that they've adequately replaced the losses of White (Douglas), Milano (Dodson/Williams) and Jones (Joseph, with Joseph set the return by the Miami game) and fired that imcompetent OC Dorsey, they're going to win out and make the playoffs. And no one will want to play them in the playoffs.

OpIv37
12-21-2023, 05:24 PM
You literally made the worst call in history, and you're blaming hypocrites. The worst call in history. The absolute worst. Of all the people who have ever made a prediction in sports, you were worse than all of them.

It was justified at the time.

Joe Fo Sho
12-21-2023, 08:19 PM

You are this boards version of Skip Bayless.

Mad Max
12-21-2023, 08:54 PM

Shots fired :couch:

POTLAND PSILBYLO
12-21-2023, 09:45 PM
Yeah, shots

kscdogbillsfan1221
12-21-2023, 10:14 PM

Never read something on this board that resonated with my feelings as much as this post

kscdogbillsfan1221
12-21-2023, 10:16 PM

Translation

‘Even though I was dead wrong (as always) I was correct in my logic, therefore I was and still am correct

OpIv37
12-21-2023, 11:50 PM
Translation

‘Even though I was dead wrong (as always) I was correct in my logic, therefore I was and still am correct
Did you forget that the team got utterly annihilated 3x in a row? Did you forget how many drought teams had good starts before completely collapsing?

YardRat
12-22-2023, 05:34 AM
Did you forget that the team got utterly annihilated 3x in a row? Did you forget how many drought teams had good starts before completely collapsing?

I get where you are coming from, and your schtick, but if this is a reference to this season they have lost games and looked pretty much unprepared and disinterested for a good stretch but by no definition of the terms were they ever 'dominated' or 'utterly annihilated'.

Goobylal
12-22-2023, 08:34 AM
I get where you are coming from, and your schtick, but if this is a reference to this season they have lost games and looked pretty much unprepared and disinterested for a good stretch but by no definition of the terms were they ever 'dominated' or 'utterly annihilated'.

What 3 games were they "dominated" or "utterly annihilated"? They didn't lose 3 games in a row.

OpIv37
12-22-2023, 08:57 AM
It’s not about this season people. He’s talking about the year the drought was broken and that’s what I was responding to.

POTLAND PSILBYLO
12-25-2023, 03:13 PM
Yeah, NO.

notacon
12-26-2023, 10:42 AM
Now that all week 16 games are done, the NY Times playoff predictor (https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2023/upshot/buffalo-bills-nfl-playoff-picture.html) has the Bills getting a playoffs spot at 89%.

If the Bills beat the Pats this week (irrespective of what any other team does) the likelihood goes up to 98%

BuffaloBlitz83
12-26-2023, 10:48 AM
Now that all week 16 games are done, the NY Times playoff predictor (https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2023/upshot/buffalo-bills-nfl-playoff-picture.html) has the Bills getting a playoffs spot at 89%.

If the Bills beat the Pats this week (irrespective of what any other team does) the likelihood goes up to 98%

It’ll be 100% if KC beats Cincinnati and Seattle beats Pittsburgh

Goobylal
12-26-2023, 11:01 AM
It’ll be 100% if KC beats Cincinnati and Seattle beats Pittsburgh

I was thinking those were mortal locks until KC lost to Vegas...

Mad Max
12-26-2023, 11:27 AM
I was thinking those were mortal locks until KC lost to Vegas...

This arithmetic sucks. Let’s just stand on business.