PDA

View Full Version : Hey OP

BuffaloBlitz83
12-17-2023, 06:04 PM
Hello???? We didn't get smashed. We smashed!

Cntrygal
12-17-2023, 06:05 PM
He won't see this for hours. Did you miss his post and a couple of quotes saying that his wife had a death in the family?

Joe Fo Sho
12-17-2023, 06:07 PM
I don't understand how we could have won this game when one of the posters here thought we'd win by 10?

I'm trying to understand OP's logic. Maybe he can jump in here to help me understand.

Novacane
12-17-2023, 06:08 PM
If he would just stop talking in absolutes it would go a long way. I thought we'd probably find a way to lose too but to talk as if it was a foregone conclusion was ridiculous. The Bills can beat anyone right now.

justasportsfan
12-17-2023, 06:12 PM
He won't see this for hours. Did you miss his post and a couple of quotes saying that his wife had a death in the family?

That sucks. Our deepest sympathies and sincerest condolences.

imbondz
12-17-2023, 06:13 PM
I felt all week we were gonna win but it’s be a close game. Never thought we’d dominate like we did.

Mad Max
12-17-2023, 06:44 PM
If he would just stop talking in absolutes it would go a long way. I thought we'd probably find a way to lose too but to talk as if it was a foregone conclusion was ridiculous. The Bills can beat anyone right now.

He won’t. It’s his brand. Would be like Nike giving up the swoosh.

Mad Max
12-17-2023, 06:47 PM
I felt all week we were gonna win but it’s be a close game. Never thought we’d dominate like we did.

I wasn’t brave enough/prescient enough to see this outcome. But I did feel we were going to compete for 60.

not many people who follow the Bills would have expected the Bills to rollover.

Mace
12-17-2023, 06:53 PM
First of all my sincere condolences to OP and his family.

The dude gives his honest opinions on a message board, he's an easy target when he's wrong and doesn't much care because he'll admit when he's wrong, regardless of whether it affects his opinion of the next game. I respect that.

I thought we were going to get crushed as well. I didn't even want to say it. Good chunk of people rah rah'ing now thought the same and don't deny it.

We won big. It restored a lot of my confidence in the players. I'm not going to pretend I had that confidence going into the game, I'm not going to pretend I thought we had it at the half. I'm a realist, I believe things when they happen, that has nothing to do with my hope. I'm fine being wrong when it happens, that's an absolute, I'm not perfect.

I've heard a wide variety of stupid opinions from people who leap in to jump on OP, I've had some myself, so have you.

Get some perspective on message boards, man, really. It's all opinion, and frankly life is unforgiving no matter how much you pretend to always be right.

Man up, none of us is always right, and it's not a demerit to have your opinion changed by fact unless you're a fool who lives in a make pretend world.

My 2 cents.

BuffaloBlitz83
12-17-2023, 06:56 PM

No I didn't condolences to the family. But my comment was just to say he was 10000000% wrong in his analysis.

Discotrish
12-17-2023, 07:38 PM
No I didn't condolences to the family. But my comment was just to say he was 10000000% wrong in his analysis.

At least Notty is back on the bandwagon.

Woodman
12-17-2023, 08:41 PM
We kicked their asses all night long.

kscdogbillsfan1221
12-17-2023, 08:44 PM
First of all my sincere condolences to OP and his family.

The dude gives his honest opinions on a message board, he's an easy target when he's wrong and doesn't much care because he'll admit when he's wrong, regardless of whether it affects his opinion of the next game. I respect that.

I thought we were going to get crushed as well. I didn't even want to say it. Good chunk of people rah rah'ing now thought the same and don't deny it.

We won big. It restored a lot of my confidence in the players. I'm not going to pretend I had that confidence going into the game, I'm not going to pretend I thought we had it at the half. I'm a realist, I believe things when they happen, that has nothing to do with my hope. I'm fine being wrong when it happens, that's an absolute, I'm not perfect.

I've heard a wide variety of stupid opinions from people who leap in to jump on OP, I've had some myself, so have you.

Get some perspective on message boards, man, really. It's all opinion, and frankly life is unforgiving no matter how much you pretend to always be right.

Man up, none of us is always right, and it's not a demerit to have your opinion changed by fact unless you're a fool who lives in a make pretend world.

My 2 cents.

Agree with most of what you said except the part where you say ‘he admits when he’s wrong’

when he’s wrong , he does mental gymnastics to ‘prove’ he’s right even though the outcome is clear
this is where most posters have a serious problem with him

Forward_Lateral
12-17-2023, 08:45 PM
I called this ass kicking 2 weeks ago

OpIv37
12-17-2023, 09:39 PM
First, thanks to all of you who offered condolences. I appreciated.

Second, statistically, a Bills blowout was unrealistic going in, but it happened and I said it wouldn’t so I have to take my medicine on that. I was wrong. No defense.

Third, I don’t think anyone on any planet thought Allen would be under 50% passing and under 100 yards and the Bills would still win by 3 TD’s. That has to be the best Bills’ rushing performance in my lifetime.

Fourth, on the same note, Brady is a good coordinator. He saw a flaw in the Dallas run D that no one else did, and exploited it

OpIv37
12-17-2023, 10:03 PM
Oh, one thing I forgot: the Bills finally showed killer instinct. When Dallas committed penalties to extend drives, the Bills responded with points and the game got out of hand quickly. They usually don’t do that against the better teams.

Mad Max
12-17-2023, 10:10 PM
Oh, one thing I forgot: the Bills finally showed killer instinct. When Dallas committed penalties to extend drives, the Bills responded with points and the game got out of hand quickly. They usually don’t do that against the better teams.
First off my condolences on your loss brother.

Now break character and admit that the Bills are one of the better teams in the league now that they’re playing up to their potential.

Novacane
12-17-2023, 10:55 PM

Second, statistically, a Bills blowout was unrealistic going in, but it happened and I said it wouldn’t so I have to take my medicine on that. I was wrong. No defense.

Third, I don’t think anyone on any planet thought Allen would be under 50% passing and under 100 yards and the Bills would still win by 3 TD’s. That has to be the best Bills’ rushing performance in my lifetime.

Fourth, on the same note, Brady is a good coordinator. He saw a flaw in the Dallas run D that no one else did, and exploited it

Agreed! The lesson should be no one can predict the NFL so stop acting like you know what's going to happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed! The lesson should be no one can predict the NFL so stop acting like you know what's going to happen.

OpIv37
12-18-2023, 09:50 AM
First off my condolences on your loss brother.

Now break character and admit that the Bills are one of the better teams in the league now that they’re playing up to their potential.

That’s just not true.

We’re 9th in the conference, out of the playoffs at the moment, and don’t control our own destiny. If we were one of the better teams in the league, we’d be fighting for a first round bye and we’d control our own destiny in terms of winning the division.

If we were one of the better teams in the league, we wouldn’t be in this situation.

Joe Fo Sho
12-18-2023, 09:54 AM
That’s just not true.

We’re 9th in the conference, out of the playoffs at the moment, and don’t control our own destiny. If we were one of the better teams in the league, we’d be fighting for a first round bye and we’d control our own destiny in terms of winning the division.

If we were one of the better teams in the league, we wouldn’t be in this situation.

By this logic the Giants as a 6 seed were not the best team in the league when they beat the Patriots in the Superbowl. Why would we even have playoffs if this logic were true?

Stop putting up this fight, it's getting embarrassing to watch.

OpIv37
12-18-2023, 09:59 AM
By this logic the Giants as a 6 seed were not the best team in the league when they beat the Patriots in the Superbowl. Why would we even have playoffs if this logic were true?

Stop putting up this fight, it's getting embarrassing to watch.
It’s not a fight. It’s a fact. The better teams aren’t fighting for their playoff lives. We are. There’s no fight. It is what it is.

Mad Max
12-18-2023, 12:05 PM
That’s just not true.

Seven wild card teams have won the Super Bowl. Eight wild card teams have won the World Series.

The Texas Rangers just won a World Series as a wild card with only 90 wins…the Braves and Dodgers each had 100 or more.

The point is your don’t have to be perfect to be good (all of those winners referred to above were inconsistent, ie good not great), and being good and getting hot at the right time can sometimes win you a championship.

We are most definitely a good team. Now stop being a douche and get on the bus. :bandwagon

OpIv37
12-18-2023, 12:41 PM
Seven wild card teams have won the Super Bowl. Eight wild card teams have won the World Series.

The Texas Rangers just won a World Series as a wild card with only 90 wins…the Braves and Dodgers each had 100 or more.

The point is your don’t have to be perfect to be good (all of those winners referred to above were inconsistent, ie good not great), and being good and getting hot at the right time can sometimes win you a championship.

We are most definitely a good team. Now stop being a douche and get on the bus. :bandwagon

We aren’t even a wild card team at the moment.

Also, there have been 57 super bowls so far. The number of wild card teams has changed over the years, but it’s currently 3 from each conference each year and before that it was 2 from each conference for at least 30 years. So, there have been dozens, maybe hundreds of WC teams over the years. Only 7 of those teams have won. That’s a very low percentage. You’re using the exception to prove the rule.

Mad Max
12-18-2023, 12:56 PM
Haha I didn’t actually expect to sway you…just providing a glass half full counterpoint to your dark cloud. Douche on.

By the way before douching on let me know if you want to place a BZ wager on whether or not we at least get a WC berth this year. Maybe we replace your Notre Dame Leprechaun with a Trojan, your choice as to what we replace my Mad Max with.

OpIv37
12-18-2023, 01:12 PM
Haha I didn’t actually expect to sway you…just providing a glass half full counterpoint to your dark cloud. Douche on.

By the way before douching on let me know if you want to place a BZ wager on whether or not we at least get a WC berth this year. Maybe we replace your Notre Dame Leprechaun with a Trojan, your choice as to what we replace my Mad Max with.

Half full? You clearly don’t understand how fractions work. 7 all time out of dozens is wayyyyyy less than half.

- - - Updated - - -

I’ll think on the wager.

Mad Max
12-18-2023, 01:15 PM
Half full? You clearly don’t understand how fractions work. 7 all time out of dozens is wayyyyyy less than half.

- - - Updated - - -

I’ll think on the wager.

Think quickly. After we win Saturday night your odds will shrink precipitously.

Skooby
12-18-2023, 01:25 PM

Sorry for the death OP, it’s very sad especially this time of year.