PDA

View Full Version : Balls and Goats

Novacane
12-17-2023, 06:06 PM
Balls..........James Cook. What a coming out party.

Brady..........the run was working and he kept going with it.

OL..............Cook had 5 yards before any Cowboy was near him on a lot of his runs.

Taron Johnson....................he was all over the field

Defense..............everyone else. The entire unit played great.

McDermott................great defensive game plan and he didn't let up.

Goats.........................the person who said the Bills had no chance. That was ridiculous when you said it and looks just plain dumb now.

DraftBoy
12-17-2023, 06:15 PM
James Cook

That’s all that needs to be said.

imbondz
12-17-2023, 06:17 PM
Balls everyone.

Ingtar33
12-17-2023, 06:18 PM
Balls - I want to give the whole team them but this feels like a cop out with all the great performances out there

James Cook - outrageous game today, 170+ yards on the ground and 42 in the air, dude just had 200 yards total offense; he is turning into a RB1 for us, just hope he figures out the pass blocking part
OLINE - I feel like i'm cheaping out just grouping them like this, but man, I didn't see a single lineman having a **** game out there, they were all fighting hard and were vital to a 266y rushing game (yeah, i had to double check that number O.o)
Diggs - not much from the WR/TE today, but diggs was a standout
Allen - Nothing special required from our MVP, but no turnovers, 2TD and lots of big 3rd down conversions

the whole defense but special callouts to ->
Taron Johnson
Jordan Poyer
Terrel Bernard
Christian Benford
Tyrel Dodson

Goats - no one, just great game.

justasportsfan
12-17-2023, 06:20 PM
Balls
everyone

Goats
:lolpoint: Opiv

sahlensguy
12-17-2023, 06:21 PM
Ball: McD. Had the team ready from the start, for once. Playing with the lead made all the difference.

Cook, obvi.

Mad Max
12-17-2023, 06:39 PM
Goats:

Jerry Jones (always a goat)
Cleveland Browns
Chicago Bears

Historian
12-17-2023, 06:48 PM
I have a real long list!

Chet
12-17-2023, 07:07 PM
Be honest, if someone would’ve told you that Allen would have <100 passing yards, sub-50% completion percentage, Diggs would have <50 yards, and Kincaid would register a goose egg on the stat sheet vs an offense that is obliterating the league, what would you think the final score would be?

Chet
12-17-2023, 07:08 PM
One goat:

Gabe Davis. Another 0-fer. This is more of a fantasy team gripe but it is a little concerning

Mace
12-17-2023, 07:12 PM
I think the only thing that bothered me was McDermott and his 2nd half defensive timeouts. He's done a lot better retaining them, but whenever he calls one on defense, it helps the opponent. It's like he's shaking, needing to call a timeout for something, and it never helps. It's not a goat.

That said, the Bills restored my confidence in the season. I didn't think this would end well. Brady worked his game plan in the weather, Allen maintained his discipline, Cook shined, McDermott's undermanned defense stood up with a well coached game plan and got to Prescott, props to McD there, and I can suddenly really think we can win out and make a run with the division in play.

Delighted with this game. They did good work.

YardRat
12-17-2023, 07:13 PM
Jordan Phillips was a beast, one would think Prescott said something bad about his mother.

Novacane
12-17-2023, 07:14 PM
Be honest, if someone would’ve told you that Allen would have <100 passing yards, sub-50% completion percentage, Diggs would have <50 yards, and Kincaid would register a goose egg on the stat sheet vs an offense that is obliterating the league, what would you think the final score would be?

31-10 the other way

Chet
12-17-2023, 07:20 PM
31-10 the other way

At the very least.

cookie G
12-17-2023, 07:21 PM
Brady- That game plan was Beli/Reid like. As they were saying through the entire game, Dallas is built more to rush the passer, a little weaker in matching up physically. Brady exploited that and didn't let up. Its kind of incredible to limit one of the best QB's in the league to so few passes, but he didn't waver as long as the run game was winning.

Oline- none of that game plan works without the Oline playing outstanding, which they did. They've been playing very well all year, excepting a game or two, or really like a half or two. They pounded a smaller D, but it was some of the little things. Example, on Cook's last TD, Brown and O'Cyrus were doubling the DT. It would have been a 3-4 yard gain, which was fine at that time of the game. But at the last second, Brown bounced off the block and picked off a pursuing DB/LB (not sure which). The block helped the 3-4 yard gain go for a 20+ yard TD. Its the little things...and the pounding on people. PS. Ty Johnson himself averaged 6.0 yards on his carries while spelling Cook.

Cook-what more needs to be said. The way the Oline was playing, he was getting 3-4 yards on nearly every carry. But he was taking those carries and beating people around the corner, or getting past the LB's after hitting the hole. He shouldn't be able to do that with a D as quick as Dallas. He had a TT type performance.

The entire D-they played fast, physical, smart and in synch. The Boys had been averaging 30 pts per game this season before tonight. They didn't score a TD until garbage time.

All around, outstanding game.

Mad Max
12-17-2023, 08:20 PM
One goat:

Gabe Davis. Another 0-fer. This is more of a fantasy team gripe but it is a little concerning

Why be concerned? Others are stepping up, and he’s no long for the team.

Woodman
12-17-2023, 11:24 PM
Cookie Monster!!

Woodman
12-17-2023, 11:27 PM
One goat:

Great blocking all day ........... this week will be his coming out party as a WR.

6 catches 103 yards 2 td's.

Borosai
12-18-2023, 03:13 AM
Balls:
Everyone. However, that's boring, so...
Cook - amazing performance (even with the drop), this was his game
McD - I'll give him credit for having the team ready to play, and his defense today (any potential issues with close games avoided!)

Goats:
All the other teams in the Wild Card race, with backup QBs, who keep winning... :nono:

Historian
12-18-2023, 05:16 AM
BALLS:

Cook. Looked like Thurman Thomas out there.

O Line, Specifically Dion. I've been rough on him this year, but he was driving guys downfield, and pancaking them.

Knox. Down field blocking was outstanding.

Allen. Fearless running the ball.

Lou Piccone. Man when he throws a party, he really throws a party. Celebrated the win with he and other alumni at Anchor bar Amherst. Nice guy.

Our hosting service. With Lecter at the game half in the bag, I had to contact the host when the site went down. They responded pretty quickly.

GOATS:

Half a goat goes to Kincaid for the early drops. They said on the radio that he changed gloves after the first, but the Bills really didn't need to throw the ball.

NY Jets. Could you have mailed it in any earlier? Show some ****ing pride for cripes sake.

Okay, the game I feared most is up next....the pathetic Chargers, who let the Raiders hang 63 on them. Throw that out, as the Bills (esp this season) love to play down to the level of the **** teams. I expect a close, physical ball game that the Bills should win, but they do not travel well. 2-4 this season on the road.

And GO COWBOYS!!!

:squish:

YardRat
12-18-2023, 05:25 AM
Back in the day I had to have Lou move his Vette because he double-parked behind my Challenger at a bar.

Historian
12-18-2023, 06:29 AM
https://scontent-ord5-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/412110210_10224698711798801_7041558121496647689_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_p526x296&_nc_cat=109&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=3635dc&_nc_ohc=WDgyTKw6JpwAX_1eSuf&_nc_ht=scontent-ord5-1.xx&oh=00_AfAvLoRR_nTWFgeBREJ5K800KS68cKzm1C_xiZ3izHyb2w&oe=65843AEC

BuffaloBlitz83
12-18-2023, 07:49 AM
Diggs had a few drops or passes he could have caught but made up for it with 1 hander

Jimkelly12203
12-18-2023, 07:57 AM
James Cook had a decent game i guess... LOL. We may just have a superstar on our hands.

The unsung heroes here (not in Buffalo, but nationally) are the OL and TEs and even the WRs blocking in the run game.

We should keep re-loading that OL in future drafts. Spending high picks on it is wise.

Historian
12-18-2023, 07:57 AM
HUGE GOAT:

The National Football League: A Christmas eve game, at night?

Are you ****ing kidding me?

I've been to games on Christmas Eve during our glory years, but they were all at 1pm.

I still can't get over it....a night game on Christmas eve.

I feel for the players, coaches, and staffs, but at least they're being well compensated for the game.

The people who my heart breaks for, are the food vendors, the chefs, the ushers, the grounds crew, essentially the little guys who have to work simply because the NFL is ****ing greedy.

Thanksgiving? Sure, turkey day football is an American tradition.

But Christmas Eve?

Really?

Is nothing sacred anymore?

daryls61
12-18-2023, 10:39 AM
Balls:JA17 didn't turn ball over and accounted for multiple scoring drivesLet James Cook - WHAT A GAME Maybe he should change 3 to 34?Dawkins - Animal. Blocked a grown ass man 20 yards downfield and pancaked himMoorse - Solid as usualBrown - Outstanding seasonPink Floyd - DOUBLE DIGIT SACKSPhillips - SackGroot - SackDodson - Best game he has ever playedT Johnson - guy is an absolute studFerguson - Excellent snaps all dayGoats:Doot - 2 dropsMartin - Resign THE PUNT GOD ASAP!

Cntrygal
12-18-2023, 10:54 AM
HUGE GOAT:

The National Football League: A Christmas eve game, at night?

Are you ****ing kidding me?

I've been to games on Christmas Eve during our glory years, but they were all at 1pm.

I still can't get over it....a night game on Christmas eve.

I feel for the players, coaches, and staffs, but at least they're being well compensated for the game.

The people who my heart breaks for, are the food vendors, the chefs, the ushers, the grounds crew, essentially the little guys who have to work simply because the NFL is ****ing greedy.

Thanksgiving? Sure, turkey day football is an American tradition.

But Christmas Eve?

Really?

Is nothing sacred anymore?

The only way the NFL doesn't repeat this, is if nobody turns on the tv or goes to the game. And that won't happen.

I was working early on a Black Friday one year and a lady had to audacity to say to me "I can't believe they make you work so early on a holiday". FFS. I just gave her my best death stare coupled with my excellent RBF and replied, "It's because people like you are here in the store. If none of you would come in, corporate wouldn't want to pay us to be here. She just stared at me for a moment and looked around like a trapped rat that wanted to scurry away from me, but couldn't because of the crowd.

Canadian'eh!
12-18-2023, 03:19 PM
Best game plan and execution I’ve seen from the Bills in a long time.

Game Balls need to be given to both Cook and the D. Both were outstanding. Maybe one more to that OL blocking.

kscdogbillsfan1221
12-18-2023, 03:24 PM
Cook was the game monster, but i'm gonna be a hater for a second.

can ya stop dropping touchdowns please?

Woodman
12-18-2023, 03:35 PM

Mad Max
12-18-2023, 04:00 PM

It sounds petty to accentuate a flaw in an otherwise dominant performance but in a close game that drop is the difference between a W and a L. Eagles game exhibit A.

kscdogbillsfan1221
12-18-2023, 06:21 PM
It sounds petty to accentuate a flaw in an otherwise dominant performance but in a close game that drop is the difference between a W and a L. Eagles game exhibit A.

i wouldn't have given the drop yesterday any thoughts if it didn't happen too against the eagles.

BuffaloBlitz83
12-18-2023, 06:49 PM
Josh deserves game balls for the flops too. They are epic

Mace
12-18-2023, 06:59 PM
Btw, Brady looks like a serious OC.

kscdogbillsfan1221
12-18-2023, 07:04 PM
Btw, Brady looks like a serious OC.
it's time to take off the 'interim' label

Historian
12-18-2023, 07:13 PM
No.

Let him stay hungry.

Chet
12-19-2023, 01:00 AM
No.

Let him stay hungry.
This. If he keeps it up and this team makes the playoffs with the offense humming then I’d say he’s officially earned a permanent role on this team

DraftBoy
12-19-2023, 03:11 AM
No.

Let him stay hungry.

If the interim tag is what makes him stay hungry then he’s the last guy we want for that job. He should be named the permanent OC before other teams can begin talking with his agent.

Forward_Lateral
12-19-2023, 09:54 AM
If the interim tag is what makes him stay hungry then he’s the last guy we want for that job. He should be named the permanent OC before other teams can begin talking with his agent.
Agreed.

He's night and day when comparing with Dorsey. He's not throwing hissy fits in the booth when things don't go right. He's not continuously trying to run plays that don't work. He's game planning DIFFERENTLY for each opponent.

The last one being the biggest.

Do you think Dorsey would've come out vs Dallas and run the ball 50 times?

Chet
12-19-2023, 10:08 AM
I get what you guys are saying but hard to make Brady permanent OC when the season and HC still hang in the balance. Maybe Brady looks great but the team misses the playoffs and fires McD. Then you would have to make Brady the HC because a new coach will want his own staff

Woodman
12-19-2023, 10:28 AM
Diggs had a few drops or passes he could have caught but made up for it with 1 hander
He totally redeemed himself.

Kept us moving !!

Woodman
12-19-2023, 10:33 AM
No.

Let him stay hungry.

Hungry is good ..... maybe it's time to feed him.

John Doe
12-19-2023, 01:21 PM
I'll give a mention to Ty Johnson. 20 snaps on offense and 2 on special teams.

His 9 carries for 54 yards (6 yards per carry) would have stood out on any other day had it not been for Cook's performance.

Plus, he was an effective blocker when he lined up at tight end.

Mace
12-19-2023, 07:05 PM
I'll give a mention to Ty Johnson. 20 snaps on offense and 2 on special teams.

His 9 carries for 54 yards (6 yards per carry) would have stood out on any other day had it not been for Cook's performance.

Plus, he was an effective blocker when he lined up at tight end.

It's notable, Brady is doing his work. They aren't lighting it up in the passing game, but I have to wonder how many balls you bounce off Gabe Davis before saying screw it in a game. They look dynamic again, though it would be great if we had some receivers catching balls too. Davis as a blocking guy who can't catch anything is just not going to cut it, imho.