X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghz in pittsburgh
    • Aug 2004

Do the Bills offense have a big 3 now?

In the early 90s glory years, the Bills offense had Kelly Thomas, Reed as the big 3.

In the current era. Allen came first, then Diggs. Now it seems like Cook is coming right along. It is a safe bet when teams looking to stop the Bills - say Belichick in two weeks - they used to say stop Diggs, don's let him to beat you; now they may also add don't let cook run wild.

Hopefully next year, the opposing DCs have to add "we need to double Kincaid".

I feel we have a couple of years before Diggs fades. But I'd not be surprised that some teams, maybe the Patriots, would make stopping Cook as the #1 priority this year.

One subte thing Brady did on the usage of Cook, Johnson is to tie it to Allen's running threat. It's clear the Cowboys had a spy on Allen - a number of Allen scrambles were well defended by the Cowboys spies. But the same spy was also being led to the wrong initial step on Cook/Johnson's runs when his eyes was fixated on Allen who faked running himself.
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: Do the Bills offense have a big 3 now?

Let's hope so.

Cook is playing hard, seeing the field. Kromer has done a nice job with the oline and Brady has earned his paycheck so far.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
      • Mar 2004

I don’t understand why it took this long. Imagine this running game all season??

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
        I don’t understand why it took this long. Imagine this running game all season??
        In other words

Dorsey was ****ing awful
        I came.
        I saw.
        I conquered.

Comment

• Discotrish
          Raging hypocrite and resident troll
          • Nov 2003

Originally posted by kscdogbillsfan1221 View Post
          In other words

Dorsey was ****ing awful

Note: Discotrish information is Conspiralicious and has NO BASIS IN FACT. Considering her opinions may be HAZARDOUS TO YOUR HEALTH. Please do not get your medical advice from a subforum of a subforum of a sports message board.

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Discotrish View Post
            Imagine what Dorsey threw when he was told he was fired.

Comment

• Mad Max
              Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by kscdogbillsfan1221 View Post
              In other words

Dorsey was ****ing awful
              Indeed he was. Just looking at the running component, he didn’t use Cook properly (barely at all). He pretty much used the run game as an afterthought rather than an integral part of the offense. He also had Ty Johnson all year…and ignored him.

Comment

• jamze132
                • Jun 2003

Looks like Sean McD made the right call firing Dorsey. Of course Dorsey probably shouldn’t have had the job in the first place but that’s history now.

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                  • Aug 2004

There has been reports that the Dorsey decision was catering to Allen. It is not the best decision. But I don't believe they know what Brady has at that time either. It is a luck: they knew Dorsey was not the right one and Brady is just the natural replacement at the moment.

Make no mistake. This is the kind of offense McDermott always WANTED. He went along with Daboll and Dorsey on relying on Allen's arm because the success they had. I hope McDermott does not go to far in this direction the rest of the way. There needs to be a balance. They need to get wide receivers involved some.

Comment

• Woodman
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Apr 2014

Originally posted by jamze132 View Post
                    Looks like Sean McD made the right call firing Dorsey. Of course Dorsey probably shouldn’t have had the job in the first place but that’s history now.
                    It was definitely the right move.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Woodman
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Apr 2014

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh View Post
                      Make no mistake. This is the kind of offense McDermott always WANTED.
                      Agree 100%

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Woodman
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Mad Max View Post
                        Indeed he was. Just looking at the running component, he didn’t use Cook properly (barely at all). He pretty much used the run game as an afterthought rather than an integral part of the offense. He also had Ty Johnson all year…and ignored him.
                        He judged him as a fumbler at 1st and just never had the confidence to put the ball back in his hands ..... about the only thing I'd like to see improve with Cook is his ability to catch the ball ..... jugs gun all week long baby.

Comment

• Woodman
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
                          I can and there's nothing better than a successful running game ..... he just never understood what he really had right in front of him ...... all the time.

Comment

• Ed
                            • Sep 2002

We should keep in mind that the Cowboys biggest weakness by far is defending the run. They have been without their best run stopping DT and are undersized at LB. Kudos to the Bills for being smart and taking advantage, but we shouldn't assume that they can run like this on whoever they want.

And I'm all for a big 4 in 2024 with Kincaid.

Comment

• Historian
                              2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                              • Dec 2002

The comparisons to Elway are heating up again.

They're showing clips of Elway throwing heaters in the SBs that Denver lost, and reminding everyone that he didn't win one until the Broncs got Davis.

Comment

Working...
                              X