PDA

View Full Version : Bills officially control their own destiny

Buffalogic
12-23-2023, 06:38 PM
With bengals loss tonight, the bills win out and they are in no matter what. Dolphins losing out would be a cherry on top.

Woodman
12-23-2023, 06:39 PM
:squish: Love the cherry on top!!

Cntrygal
12-23-2023, 07:35 PM
Somebody forgot to tell these guys exactly what "controlling your own destiny" actually means. :mad:

kscdogbillsfan1221
12-23-2023, 07:41 PM
And they are completely ****ing it up

YardRat
12-23-2023, 07:42 PM
They are who we thought they were.

Buffalogic
12-23-2023, 10:30 PM
That’s a win. 2 left.

Woodman
12-26-2023, 09:38 PM
They are who we thought they were.

Denny Green :roflmao:

OpIv37
12-26-2023, 10:00 PM
WC isn’t good enough. They control their own destiny in terms of making it but they need help if they want home playoff games and a real shot. WC is one and done.

Woodman
12-26-2023, 10:04 PM
WC isn’t good enough. They control their own destiny in terms of making it but they need help if they want home playoff games and a real shot. WC is one and done.
How many one seeds won the Super Bowl?

modern era of course.

OpIv37
12-26-2023, 10:56 PM
How many one seeds won the Super Bowl?

modern era of course.
I mean, if you mean the “modern era” like only the one seed gets a bye, I don’t know but there have only been like 6 because they just changed that rule in 2020.

But I’m not talking about byes. Byes can be disruptive. I’m talking about getting at least one, possibly two and maybe 3 playoff games at home.

Woodman
12-26-2023, 11:09 PM
I’m talking about getting at least one, possibly two and maybe 3 playoff games at home.

only 4 per conference are guaranteed at least 1 home game nobody is guaranteed more.

so how many of those have gone on to win it all?

as compared to a 5, 6 or 7 seed that start on the road and then go on the road again if they win the 1st round game.

the better question would be how many 5,6 or 7 seeds have gone on to win the Super Bowl.

as compared to number 1 seeds that have the decided advantage.

sukie
12-30-2023, 10:03 PM
You hypocrite. How are you talking about seeding for Buffalo when time and time again they have shown us who they are… the outcome is predetermined by the games this season starting Oct 22. I don’t get you.

Lexwhat
12-31-2023, 10:29 AM
The only AFC team that is clearly playing better than us is the Ravens. The Browns are probably the 2nd best team in the AFC (and scare me as much as the Bengals did last year), with superb Defense and OLine play. They match up very well to the Ravens, IMO.

Flacco is a fun media story, but the guy is a turnover machine (8 INTs in 5 games!). The Browns won't win the playoffs if he turns the ball over like that. But if they protect the ball - watch out for them.

I would say the Bills are the 3rd best AFC team right now. If we end up with the 2 seed, I think we have a great shot at the Super Bowl. If we end up as the Wild Card, I don't trust the Bills / McDermott to win 3 playoff road games.

This team is just not very good on the Road this year (3-5 on the Road and 6-1 at Home this year - if we count the Jags London game as a Road game)...

Discotrish
12-31-2023, 11:02 AM
I mean, if you mean the “modern era” like only the one seed gets a bye, I don’t know but there have only been like 6 because they just changed that rule in 2020.

But I’m not talking about byes. Byes can be disruptive. I’m talking about getting at least one, possibly two and maybe 3 playoff games at home.

After watching the Cincinnati debacle at home last year, I'm not convinced of the need to be 'at home.'

Never mind, I should've read the post above first, lol.