PDA

View Full Version : It feels like a loss.

Novacane
12-23-2023, 10:02 PM
I'm happy they won. That was pathetic though. They did everything they could to hand it to LA. We can stop all the talk of the Bills being the team no one wants to play. A real deflating win.

BuffaloBlitz83
12-23-2023, 10:03 PM
I'm happy they won. That was pathetic though. They did everything they could to hand it to LA. We can stop all the talk of the Bills being the team no one wants to play. A real deflating win.

It’s ok we won!

kscdogbillsfan1221
12-23-2023, 10:04 PM
Agreed for the most part, but if you look at the patriots dynasty, they had plenty of ugly wins they probably didn’t deserve

no, I’m not comparing the 2023 bills to the patriots dynasty
I’m just making a point

Novacane
12-23-2023, 10:06 PM
It’s ok we won!

It's a lot better than the alternative. Ultimately I want to win a SB though and a McDermott coached team never will.

OpIv37
12-23-2023, 10:07 PM
It’s ok we won!
No it’s not. If we play like we played tonight, which playoff team can we actually beat? Hell, how many teams in the NFL would we actually beat with tonight’s performance? Maybe 5?

BuffaloBlitz83
12-23-2023, 10:09 PM
No it’s not. If we play like we played tonight, which playoff team can we actually beat? Hell, how many teams in the NFL would we actually beat with tonight’s performance? Maybe 5?

We played better vs KC and Dallas

imbondz
12-23-2023, 10:09 PM
They played flat. Makes no sense. The stress made me exhausted.

BuffaloBlitz83
12-23-2023, 10:10 PM
It's a lot better than the alternative. Ultimately I want to win a SB though and a McDermott coached team never will.

Not on Sean imo. They came out flat then the turnovers. Without turnovers we win by 14

Woodman
I'll never apologize for a WIN!!

~ Joe Burrow.

Novacane

The good news is the crap teams won't be in the playoffs. We play our worst against bad teams. If we played like we did tonight against good teams we'd get blown out.

Chet
12-23-2023, 10:11 PM
This team just can’t handle the smallest thread of success

Novacane
12-23-2023, 10:11 PM
Not on Sean imo. They came out flat then the turnovers. Without turnovers we win by 14

How is that not on the HC? If it was just tonight it would be no big deal. It happens all the time though.

OpIv37
12-23-2023, 10:12 PM

Ok. This is typical of McD teams. Games against bad teams are either losses or struggles. Why can’t we end these games early? If we had even won ONE of the four losses against Jax, NJ-B, NE and Den, we’d be in a much better position.

justasportsfan
12-23-2023, 10:13 PM
I wanted a win like this so we don't overlook the pats. A blowout could've made us overlook the pats.

Kenny
12-23-2023, 10:14 PM
This feels like that Giants game (which is eerily similar to that Lions and Browns games last year).
Too many games like these.

We're the most overrated team in the NFL

OpIv37
12-23-2023, 10:14 PM
How is that not on the HC? If it was just tonight it would be no big deal. It happens all the time though.

This. It’s a consistent problem under McD.

Kenny
12-23-2023, 10:15 PM
I wanted a win like this so we don't overlook the pats. A blowout could've made us overlook the pats.

Well... we won like this with the Giants. Have a look at the result the following week.

kingJofNYC
12-23-2023, 10:16 PM
Said it a few weeks ago, even when they win it's difficult the last two months, excluding the Cowboys/Jets.

Winning in the NFL is tough enough, but the players just do dumb ****. Dumb fumbles, Josh with the most idiotic int, trying to make a ridiculous throw when he had an easy 4 yards right in front of him. Even on that last drive, that last pass to Diggs that fell incomplete, it looked like had a very shallow cross route open for a minimum of 4-5 yards. WTF are we doing out there, we just make playing offense hard.

We can win, the Gingers at the helm are doing whatever they can to help these guys out, but they just keep ****ing up on the field. I knew this game would be tougher than some thought, it's always tough with the Bills, I felt more comfortable against the Cowboys than the Chargers and I'm not kidding you. This team just has tendency to do the dumbest **** after they come off a good W.

You can blame the ****ing coaches, but it feels like these guys think they're top dogs and can rest easy at times, hit the gas whenever they want. **** that ****, just play smart you nimrods.

justasportsfan
12-23-2023, 10:18 PM
Well... we won like this with the Giants. Have a look at the result the following week.
We weren't playing for our lives. Now we are and the pats already beat us. We beat them easily next week.

sukie
It was a win. Final drive was clock management. Methodical. Almost screwed up with a touchdown.

Game is over and we have a long week to prepare for our final regular season home game. Style points get you nothing. This isn’t the NCAA.

OpIv37
This feels like that Giants game (which is eerily similar to that Lions and Browns games last year).
Too many games like these.

We're the most overrated team in the NFL

Complete Jekyl and Hyde team. Last week they shut down Dak, who’s in the MVP conversation. This week, they can barely handle some no name backup on a team that is a complete **** show.

All the alleged top teams in the league have had a few bad games. We’ve had like 7 bad games out of 15.

sukie
12-23-2023, 10:20 PM
Doesn’t matter. Bills won tonight. There is no asterisk next to the W stating You didn’t like how they won.

Woodman
12-23-2023, 10:21 PM
9-6
Feels
A
Win!!

OpIv37
12-23-2023, 10:22 PM
We weren't playing for our lives. Now we are and the pats already beat us. We beat them easily next week.

A lot of people said we would win easily this week….

Belicheck has owned us over the course of his career. Granted, it’s been different since Brady left but he already beat us once this year.

Woodman
12-23-2023, 10:23 PM
Doesn’t matter. Bills won tonight. There is no asterisk next to the W stating You didn’t like how they won.

'I'll never apologize for a win"

~ Joe Burrow

Merry Christmas Bills fans !!

sukie
12-23-2023, 10:24 PM

Belicheck has owned us over the course of his career. Granted, it’s been different since Brady left but he already beat us once this year.

Yup and he isn’t sweeping us ,

Novacane
12-23-2023, 10:25 PM

I don't have faith they can beat anyone easily. Not after tonight. Hell no.

BuffaloBlitz83
Was that a td by Shakir? Did that help us

kingJofNYC
It was a win. Final drive was clock management. Methodical. Almost screwed up with a touchdown.

Game is over and we have a long week to prepare for our final regular season home game. Style points get you nothing. This isn’t the NCAA.
Style points aren't worth ****, you're 100% right, but you don't win many football games when you're -3 in the turnover department. They simply got lucky tonight.

Just can't get out of their own way.

It's just insane to me that Allen can make some unbelievable plays, but then just throws ints like that. Well it's not really insane, when you make so many unreal throws you think you can make them all, just have to take what you can get sometimes and live to fight another down.

BuffaloBlitz83
12-23-2023, 10:26 PM
We lost but I'm happy still! We won a close 1

Buffalogic
12-23-2023, 10:27 PM
Six seed is a W.

Canadian'eh!
12-23-2023, 10:34 PM
Honestly, I disagree.

obviously they can’t play like that and expect to win.

But if we’ve learned nothing it’s that in The NFL it’s W or L and it really doesn’t carry over week to week.

justasportsfan
12-23-2023, 10:41 PM
I don't have faith they can beat anyone easily. Not after tonight. Hell no.

I understand. We won a one game. I'll take it.

justasportsfan
12-23-2023, 10:43 PM

So are you giving the bills no chance ? I hope so.

Mad Max
12-23-2023, 10:43 PM

You conveniently chickened out on my avatar wager proposal. They won tonight, in a very ugly fashion…but they still WON!

Now that playoffs looks safe. You want to back up your post here with Bills/Pats wager?

Goobylal
12-23-2023, 10:45 PM
It was a win. The Chargers were fired up and the Bills spotted them 4 (net) turnovers and 10 points and they still won.

sukie
12-23-2023, 11:06 PM
Style points aren't worth ****, you're 100% right, but you don't win many football games when you're -3 in the turnover department. They simply got lucky tonight.

Just can't get out of their own way.

It's just insane to me that Allen can make some unbelievable plays, but then just throws ints like that. Well it's not really insane, when you make so many unreal throws you think you can make them all, just have to take what you can get sometimes and live to fight another down.
Were there not 3 fumbles? Way overshadows the one int on a deep ball shot. The fumbles were brutal.

YardRat
12-23-2023, 11:12 PM
They played flat. Makes no sense. The stress made me exhausted.

It makes perfect sense.

This is who they are, and who they have been.

BuffaloBlitz83
12-23-2023, 11:17 PM
Chargers so dumb not going for 7 opening drive. Could have been integral

Crisis
12-23-2023, 11:20 PM
Winning streaks in the NFL are hard. Short week, flight across the country against a team with a first time interim head coach.

You’re not going to blow everyone out week to week in the NFL. At the end of the day our franchise qb had a game winning drive and the defense closed it out after.

Sure, there’s a lot that could have gone better this game but backs against the wall, they won again. Two more to go.

sukie
12-23-2023, 11:20 PM
Bills held the Chargers under 300 total yards. Came up with 5 sacks the last one was huge. 3 fumbles and short field… D kept them out of the end zone.

josh executed his 18th game winning drive. Clean up fumbles and penalties … it wasn’t that bad of a game.

Historian
12-23-2023, 11:21 PM
It was a win. The Chargers were fired up and the Bills spotted them 4 (net) turnovers and 10 points and they still won.
True.

Combine that with the Bills working on a short week, and having to travel across country.

Not to mention, for some unknown reason, we always play lousy on Saturdays.

Lost a Saturday night game in San Diego in 1971:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/197110230sdg.htm

Gibby 2.0
12-23-2023, 11:23 PM
On the one hand it was the second ugliest win of the season, behind only the Giants. On the other hand they've lost four games very similar to this one. I hate this team so much because they have this thing of having to play to the level of their opponents. Against a good team they show up. Against a bad team they start shooting themselves in the foot. IF they get past New England they are winning the Superbowl.

BuffaloBlitz83
12-23-2023, 11:33 PM
Winning streaks in the NFL are hard. Short week, flight across the country against a team with a first time interim head coach.

You’re not going to blow everyone out week to week in the NFL. At the end of the day our franchise qb had a game winning drive and the defense closed it out after.

Sure, there’s a lot that could have gone better this game but backs against the wall, they won again. Two more to go.
You are awesome. Made me feel better. Merry Christmas!

kscdogbillsfan1221
12-23-2023, 11:34 PM
True.

Combine that with the Bills working on a short week, and having to travel across country.

Not to mention, for some unknown reason, we always play lousy on Saturdays.

Lost a Saturday night game in San Diego in 1971:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/197110230sdg.htm

You know the distant history better than me, but I beg to differ recently

Miami second game last year was Saturday
the skull crushing game against Denver in 2020 was Saturday

im only giving very recent history but it does count

Woodman
12-23-2023, 11:38 PM

No chance of that now! :cheers:

Ingtar33
12-24-2023, 12:27 AM
It looked to me like the refs did everything in their power to make sure we didn't cover. constant bull**** penalties; nothing called on the chargers for doing significantly worse. it just kept us out of getting into the groove all night long.

they did come out flat, the first quarter the team just seemed to be sleep walking. but after that they looked fine. just couldn't stop getting stupid flags.

Mahdi
12-24-2023, 01:41 AM
A win is a win… good players had to step up and make a play for us to win and they did…

Allen did enough in the end, Taron, Ed, Douglas, and Bernard all came up with key plays, Diggs also.

In the end, you have a pumped up Chargers team, a QB we don’t know, and their season is over so they have zero pressure on them to win.

Bills came out a bit flat because that’s human nature against a significantly weaker opponent that was missing key pieces.

imbondz
12-24-2023, 04:54 AM
I read the Chargers had 3 more days to prepare than the Bills due to a short week and travel. That’s pretty significant. But even still wtf

Forward_Lateral
12-24-2023, 06:01 AM
They won. An NFL road game on the opposite coast.

They. Won.

Freaking relax. The Chargers were not getting embarrass two weeks in a row, and especially not after they cleaned house in the coaching and gm departments

Novacane
12-24-2023, 06:12 AM
No chance of that now! :cheers:

Oh yes there is. Expect another close game.

Historian
12-24-2023, 06:20 AM
You know the distant history better than me, but I beg to differ recently

Miami second game last year was Saturday
the skull crushing game against Denver in 2020 was Saturday

I'm only giving very recent history but it does count

Yea, I was just kidding.

It was more of a brag that I remember that 1971 game from back when I was nine years old. (Woodsie was probably only 47 back than, lol!)

OTOH, I seem to remember a home Saturday loss to Denver during the drought....which I watched in the Fox Valley Country Club bar, during my wife's Christmas party.

The Bills have played a few playoff games on Saturdays, and done well too.

Saturday games were a staple of the AFL.

Ginger Vitis
12-24-2023, 06:52 AM

And miami

notacon
12-24-2023, 11:39 AM
If there is one sure thing in life is that the surest way to find a dark cloud in a huge Bills win is to come here.

No, this did NOT "fell like a loss". LOSING a game like this is what IS a loss. The Bills WON!!!! Period.

Maurice Jones-Drew is no Bills cheerleader. He never has been. His reaction to the Bills win vs Chargers is instructive with a huge dose of reality.

“They found a way. And that’s what it is all about”

Maurice Jones-Drew on NFL Game Day Final after Bills gritty win vs Chargers. (https://www.buffalobills.com/video/nfl-gameday-final-updated-look-at-afc-playoff-picture-after-bills-win-vs-charger)

It’s not in this clip but when asked if he is concerned over this close win against a team that they were supposed to blow out, MJD (paraphrasing) said this….

‘No. I’m excited. The Bills did not play their best game and still won. They made mistakes which are correctable. They made the plays when they had to'

Listen to Josh Allen when he says….

“It’s the NFL. These are the highest-level professional athletes in the world we’re playing. It’s not easy to win. It’s not easy to win by a lot. . . . This is our playoffs. It didn’t matter how we get them done, just get them done.” (https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/josh-allen-doesnt-matter-how-we-won-we-got-it-done)

WELL SAID JOSH!!!!!

With that said, on Christmas Eve the last thing that is enjoyable is to have a long face after a win that puts the Bills that much closer to a playoff beath.

My wife and I are flying Christmas Day to spend time with my daughter and, thankfully, that holiday trip will have me hard pressed to have to put up with the sour puss bed wetting from the usual suspects.

A win is a win is a win. As soon as there are style points awarded for any win, that counts in the standings, then and only then will I believe that this WIN “feels like a loss” any more than a close loss (like vs Philly) feels like a win.

**** “feelings”….this is the NFL. Wins are ALL that matter.

Merry Christmas everyone!!!!
<style>@font-face {font-family:"Cambria Math"; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-536870145 1107305727 0 0 415 0;}@font-face {font-family:Calibri; panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-536859905 -1073732485 9 0 511 0;}@font-face {font-family:Verdana; panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1593833729 1073750107 16 0 415 0;}p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.5pt; font-family:"Verdana",sans-serif; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; color:#222222;}a:link, span.MsoHyperlink {mso-style-priority:99; color:#0563C1; mso-themecolor:hyperlink; text-decoration:underline; text-underline:single;}a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed {mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; color:#954F72; mso-themecolor:followedhyperlink; text-decoration:underline; text-underline:single;}.MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; font-size:10.5pt; mso-ansi-font-size:10.5pt; mso-bidi-font-size:10.5pt; font-family:"Verdana",sans-serif; mso-ascii-font-family:Verdana; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Verdana; color:#222222; mso-font-kerning:0pt; mso-ligatures:none;}div.WordSection1 {page:WordSection1;}</style>

jamze132
12-24-2023, 11:46 AM
Some of y’all kill me.

We won. Got the W.

Played a prime time game on the other side of the country on a short week.

Played a team who is playing essentially for their careers under a new HC/GM. We had no prior knowledge of the gameplan they’d bring and a lot of times those types of teams come out victorious their first game.

It wasn’t the prettiest game and the fumbles have to stop but none of it matters because we got the W.

Novacane
12-25-2023, 03:22 PM
After calming down and today watching the queefs lose at home to the Raiders I'm happy we just got the win. The game wasn't fun to watch and that's frustrating. It was so obvious the Bills were the much better team but did things over and over to hurt themselves. Teams only win 5% of the time when they lose the TO battle -3. Glad we escaped which KC can't say :lol:

BuffaloBlitz83
12-25-2023, 03:29 PM
After calming down and today watching the queefs lose at home to the Raiders I'm happy we just got the win. The game wasn't fun to watch and that's frustrating. It was so obvious the Bills were the much better team but did things over and over to hurt themselves. Teams only win 5% of the time when they lose the TO battle -3. Glad we escaped which KC can't say :lol:

Our offense was fun after the 1st quarter. We just had 3 turnovers and were sluggish in 1st few drives. That allen to gabe td and allen to diggs in last drive was great.

imbondz
12-25-2023, 03:32 PM
Feels like a huge win now after the Chiefs choked. Lol

Novacane
12-25-2023, 03:33 PM
Our offense was fun after the 1st quarter. We just had 3 turnovers and were sluggish in 1st few drives. That allen to gabe td and allen to diggs in last drive was great.

They woke up but not all the turnovers were early. Those TO and penalties kept them from pulling away. Regardless, they did enough and the Chiefs can't say that.

Woodman
12-25-2023, 03:34 PM
Concentrate on the positives and repeat it!

One more day in the education of Joe Brady.

Great week of preparation.

Improving on every aspect of execution.

Novacane
12-25-2023, 03:34 PM
They woke up but not all the turnovers were early. Those TO and penalties kept them from pulling away. Regardless, they did enough and the Chiefs can't say that.

WTF....................W O K E is filtered to non-bigoted now? :lol: WTF

thedove34
12-26-2023, 06:25 PM
The "coaches" are always switching up their tactics, to keep the opponent unbalanced. Marv Levy did the same thing in all of the SB's. Remember when the Bills used "K Gun"(No Huddle Offense) Marv went away from what made the team click and win. (What happened? We lost 4 SB's)

YardRat
12-27-2023, 06:19 AM
If "a win is a win, doesn't matter how" then "a loss is a loss, no excuses are acceptable". No "but we didn't have Tre", no "but we were banged up", no "but look at all of the stuff we had to endure". Still a loss.

"It's only the Chargers and a no-name QB, we got this"
"It's only the Broncos, we got this"
"It's only the Pats abd we own them, we got this"
"It's only the Bengals and a bunch of second stringers on the offensive line, and it's at home in the playoffs so we got this".

I'm tired of it.

If you want to be a champion, man-up and play like one.

JoeMama
12-27-2023, 08:39 AM
I like to keep things positive.

And I'm positive this team is going to shorten my life by about 25 years with all these anxiety inducing finishes.

Still. Always happy to notch a W.

It's funny to think a week ago we were on the outside looking in at the playoffs.

Now if we manage to win out (tall order) and the Fins lose to the Ravens (very possible), we could conceivably land the #2 overall seed in AFC.

The football gods are mad and the roller coaster of the Bills season is even madder.

cas22
12-27-2023, 08:55 AM
So are you giving the bills no chance ? I hope so.

josh Allen led Bills are 5-5 vs the Pats.

cas22
12-27-2023, 09:03 AM
the problem when you see a game like the chargers is coaching and preparation... they fly out there Friday late so you no they were a little off from the flight, they also had no idea what expect from a newly coached team which almost always plays there arss off, and they did,, turnovers, we over came 3 fumbles and 1 int,, all year long are loss's come down to preparation and coaching, without the turn overs its not even close..

when we win the turnover battle its usually not even a close game,,, we could easily be undefeated.

if the coaches can keep these guys fired up we blow people out, but when they show up and go through the motions we look like ****, wr's make a 10 yard grab and throw their hand up to come off the field, a play go's to the opposite side and they don't even run,, you can tell a lot about a player if he is a real student of the game by all of these things I just mentioned.

BuffaloBlitz83
12-27-2023, 09:24 AM
josh Allen led Bills are 5-5 vs the Pats.

That stat is misleading because he's 5-2 in last 7.

Discotrish
12-31-2023, 11:20 AM
WTF....................W O K E is filtered to non-bigoted now? :lol: WTF

I wonder if "Nazi" is filtered? Or is "the awake word" more terrible than your Garden Variety Nazi?

Inquiring wordsmiths want to know!