• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sukie
    Seriously?
    • Sep 2012

Bills-Patriots post game narrative

Just wanted to get ahead of this before the conclusion of Sunday’s game…

If the Bills stomp the Patriots, “The Patriots gave up on their coach.” “Zappe played like Zappe.” “ Bill lost this team.”

if the Bills win a close one , “There it is, played down to the competition.” “Soft garbage” “Miami by a bazillion.”

Let’s add to the list.
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: Bills-Patriots post game narrative

"Big deal, it was the four win Patriots".

"Humble and hungry my ass". (My personal fave).
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
      "Big deal, it was the four win Patriots".

"Humble and hungry my ass". (My personal fave).
      i'm guilty of saying the second one frequently
      I came.
      I saw.
      I conquered.

Comment

• notacon
        • Aug 2012

Originally posted by sukie View Post
        Just wanted to get ahead of this before the conclusion of Sunday’s game…

If the Bills stomp the Patriots, “The Patriots gave up on their coach.” “Zappe played like Zappe.” “ Bill lost this team.”

if the Bills win a close one , “There it is, played down to the competition.” “Soft garbage” “Miami by a bazillion.”

Let’s add to the list.
        Just look at Opi's post history for the sour puss Negative Nancy quitter narrative.

Like this after the Chargers WIN....

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
        No it’s not. If we play like we played tonight, which playoff team can we actually beat? Hell, how many teams in the NFL would we actually beat with tonight’s performance? Maybe 5?

Winning any game does not deter the sour pusses....no matter what happens they persist in the quitter narrative like a warped broken record.

Comment

• sukie
          Seriously?
          • Sep 2012

So what are we gonna read here post game? I’m not even considering a Bills loss. That’s a whole different psychiatric diagnosis fueled rage threading.

i know if this game is a blowout of the Pats… we will have the “should this be a worry? Thread talking about a penalty for illegal motion at the start of the second Qtr.

or the Fire everyone now!!! And that’s with a win AND possibly playing for the division in a week.

Comment

• Novacane
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by notacon View Post
            Just look at Opi's post history for the sour puss Negative Nancy quitter narrative.

Like this after the Chargers WIN....

Winning any game does not deter the sour pusses....no matter what happens they persist in the quitter narrative like a warped broken record.
            Struggling to beat a team that sucks and doesn't have their QB, top WR and top pass rusher does cause concern. That doesn't necessarily make someone a sour puss.

Comment

• notacon
              • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
              Struggling to beat a team that sucks and doesn't have their QB, top WR and top pass rusher does cause concern. That doesn't necessarily make someone a sour puss.
              It's an observation of a compilation of his history.

I presented just a small number of his sour puss quitter mindset right here.

And no, I am not concerned in the least with that game considering the situation (coming off a HUGE win, on the road, on the west coast, against a team that just fired their head coach, a team with nothing to lose). This is the NFL. Any team can beat any other team on any given day.

In fact, I think it's a positive that they showed they can win when they are not playing their best. Three turnovers (gifting the Chargers most of their points) like the Bills did almost always assures a loss in most NFL games.

Despite that, the Bills proved they are a resilient bunch and won a critical game that earlier in the season they would have probably lost.
              Last edited by notacon; 12-27-2023, 12:08 PM.

Comment

• Ed
                Dude
                • Sep 2002

The Pats just beat a much improved Broncos team, gave the Chiefs a hard time, and beat the Steelers on the road in their last 3 games. This is going to be a typical tough division game. Just win and stay healthy. Enough with the crying if it doesn't look pretty.

Comment

• sukie
                  Seriously?
                  • Sep 2012

Ed I agree. The point was what “crying” threadlines will we see if it’s not a dominant thing of beauty?

Nottie, I trust you saw the Cover1 breakdown of the Nolls D in the Chargers game… my lord the D was playing great. Don’t fumble deep 3 times and the game is a blowout.

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by notacon View Post
                    It's an observation of a compilation of his history.

I presented just a small number of his sour puss quitter mindset right here.

And no, I am not concerned in the least with that game considering the situation (coming off a HUGE win, on the road, on the west coast, against a team that just fired their head coach, a team with nothing to lose). This is the NFL. Any team can beat any other team on any given day.

In fact, I think it's a positive that they showed they can win when they are not playing their best. Three turnovers (gifting the Chargers most of their points) like the Bills did almost always assures a loss in most NFL games.

Despite that, the Bills proved they are a resilient bunch and won a critical game that earlier in the season they would have probably lost.
                    Lmao. You complained about my biases.

We barely beat a team with a losing record, with an interim coach coaching his first game, with their 3 best players out, including their starting QB. And you somehow spun it into a good thing. That’s an insane level of bias.

We beat a bad team when not playing our best. Two problems with that: there’s only one more bad team on the schedule, and there’s no excuse for this team to not be playing their best.

And FWIW, we play NE this week. We didn’t play our best the last time we faced them and we lost.

There are no more second chances. We have too many conf losses. One more and we likely don’t make the playoffs. If we do make the playoffs, I don’t need to tell you or anyone else that it’s single elimination. The team simply can’t afford to not be on their game anymore.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• sukie
                      Seriously?
                      • Sep 2012

Oct 22 reference… there it is!!

Comment

• Mace
                        Haha...yeah you think so ?
                        • Mar 2013

We win "we're awesome".

We lose "we suck".

Just win this damn game, without pretending we're better than we aren't. Frankly, if we lose we do suck, and if we win we have a chance to be awesome.

Comment

• jamze132
                          Don’t hate…
                          • Jun 2003

Just win baby!

Comment

• Historian
                            2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                            • Dec 2002

I'm telling ya....we're going to have to play in Cleveland in the playoffs, and Cook is going to drop the winning touchdown.

Comment

• Kenny
                              • Aug 2004

While it'll be nice, I dont care nor do I expect a blowout... everyone knows it's tough enough to win a game regardless of opponent. But at the same time, there are some teams, whether it be the Chargers and yes... the Patriots, where it shouldnt be a tight, down to the last minute type of game.

I just want a SOLID win. No stupid penalties, no stupid turnovers, and Josh to play a smart game.

Comment

Working...
                              X