PDA

View Full Version : Not so Offensive Line?

Mad Max
12-27-2023, 12:26 PM
Believe it or not the Bills OL is currently ranked 4th in the league, this even with Mitch Morse and O’Cyrus both listed as weak links.

O’Cyrus is a rookie who was thrown into the fire so is expected to have growing pains but Morse has to go IMO, he gets bum rushed far too often.

Also, I wonder how much of the lines effectiveness does Josh contribute to…note the QBs of the first and third teams. Thoughts?

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-offensive-line-rankings-week-17-2023

Cntrygal
12-27-2023, 01:31 PM
If it were any of the other QB's, except maybe Lamar, the OL would not be ranked that high. I hope Beane has some plans about the OL...

sukie
12-27-2023, 01:33 PM
Ocyrus with an NFL offseason program and a year under his belt will be a starter for a long time. Need another one of him IMHO.

Mad Max
12-27-2023, 01:39 PM
If it were any of the other QB's, except maybe Lamar, the OL would not be ranked that high. I hope Beane has some plans about the OL...
I agree. Although they do seem to be playing better as a unit than they have been in the recent past, I feel Josh covers up their shortcomings. And Morse is a very weak link. When do you see Josh really be able to step forward into a pocket?

Cntrygal
12-27-2023, 01:45 PM
I agree. Although they do seem to be playing better as a unit than they have been in the recent past, I feel Josh covers up their shortcomings. And Morse is a very weak link. When do you see Josh really be able to step forward into a pocket?

Yeah, I was thinking that they started to improve a little - but my bar is so very low for them... that I wasn't sure if I was being too hopeful or not. lol

Joe Fo Sho
12-27-2023, 02:34 PM
I heard somewhere that Josh Allen is the least sacked QB in the league. Dominant O-line play is the answer to 90% of our problems.

Mad Max
12-27-2023, 03:11 PM
Yeah, I was thinking that they started to improve a little - but my bar is so very low for them... that I wasn't sure if I was being too hopeful or not. lol
As Mafia Members we usually only have hope to cling too so that’s understandable.

Mad Max
12-27-2023, 03:13 PM
I heard somewhere that Josh Allen is the least sacked QB in the league. Dominant O-line play is the answer to 90% of our problems.

I haven’t seen that but I believe it…although his athleticism and his wont to throw a pick (unfortunate but true) over taking a sack might both be major factors.

Ingtar33
12-27-2023, 06:57 PM

this is partly because of how teams play us. if they pass rush too aggressively JA will take off, they need to containment rush which does make the Oline's job easier.

jamze132
12-27-2023, 07:30 PM

They’re a lot over the cap so I don’t know how much they can really do aside from the antique shops.

YardRat
12-27-2023, 07:57 PM
Mitch Morse is far from a weak link, he's still the best olineman they have. McGovern is steady, Torrence is already decent and will improve, Dawkins runs hot and cold and Brown is the low man on the pole. Morse isn't asked to stand people up and stiff them so Josh can step up and be a statue in the pocket and it would be ignorant to ask him (them) to do that. Allen is at his best escaping to the sides (especially the right) so Morse moving his man out and past so Josh has an alley is strategic.

Forward_Lateral
12-27-2023, 08:11 PM
Brown has been better, but he’s still the worst, IMO

Frenchman
12-27-2023, 09:51 PM
Yeah as may need to look at the draft in order to bring in new blood and let them start in 2024 week 1 or preseason week 1 for that matter.

ParanoidAndroid
12-28-2023, 08:54 AM
KCs pass rush was jail breaking as though we were setting up screens.

It's time to find a replacement for Morse although his leadership seems vital at present.

notacon
12-28-2023, 10:25 AM
There is no doubt that this O-line is the best that Josh has played behind.

Saratoga Slim
12-28-2023, 07:24 PM
Best Olive he’s played behind but keep adding. Would like to see a succession plan for Morse (I don’t believe in Bates) and a draft pick that can push Brown.