PDA

View Full Version : Von Miller: Assault allegations 100 percent false

Woodman
12-28-2023, 02:38 PM
Miller was wanted for a felony charge of assaulting a pregnant person after an incident with his pregnant girlfriend, but she later recanted the allegation (https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/alleged-victim-in-von-miller-case-now-claims-there-was-no-assault) against Miller and Miller said Thursday that “everything that is out is completely wrong” about what happened. He said that he and his girlfriend have had issues like other couples, but that he has never been violent and that the only thing about the story that is true is that he and his girlfriend are expecting their third child together.

“Whenever you see that stuff pop up in articles and stuff, it’s shocking, of course, especially when my name is attached to it,” Miller said. “It is 100 percent false, it’s overblown. . . . I know who I am, I know my character, I know the type of person I am, I know me and my girlfriend’s relationship.”

Von Miller- Assault allegations 100 percent false - NBC Sports (https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/von-miller-assault-allegations-100-percent-false-overblown)

OpIv37
12-28-2023, 05:21 PM
Wasn’t three a police report that started this whole story? Is she admitting to lying to the cops, which is a crime?

Mace
12-28-2023, 07:13 PM
Wasn’t three a police report that started this whole story? Is she admitting to lying to the cops, which is a crime?

Probably, she had hair pulled out and bruises on her neck. We sort of know how this ends, Miller looks great and scholarly in glasses with a calm pleasant demeanor.

OpIv37
12-28-2023, 08:07 PM
Probably, she had hair pulled out and bruises on her neck. We sort of know how this ends, Miller looks great and scholarly in glasses with a calm pleasant demeanor.

I mean… there was a police report and photos of bruises on her neck.

There are only two real possibilities. The first- and most likely- is that they got in a fight and he got physical.

The second- and far less likely- is that she was mad at him, so she either choked herself or had a friend do it so she could file a false police report.

One of them definitely committed a crime.

Forward_Lateral
12-28-2023, 08:36 PM
Or, the media lied about the details.

Imagine that happening though? Everything on the internet is always 100 % accurate

OpIv37
12-28-2023, 09:25 PM
Or, the media lied about the details.

Imagine that happening though? Everything on the internet is always 100 % accurate

I doubt that though. First, the story was in major news outlets, and police reports can be easily fact checked. Second, Von has barely played this year and the Bills are underachieving, even more so when the story broke than now.

It doesn’t make sense that someone would make up a story about a guy who’s barely playing on an underachieving small-market team about something that can be easily verified.

sukie
12-28-2023, 09:36 PM
Haven’t seen the photos attached to the police report that mentions bruising that in their opinion was consistent with hands to neck or something like that. If the evidence was that obvious charges would be coming from the DA.

TheConsigliere
12-28-2023, 10:58 PM
I was so hoping this would get the Bills out of this contract a year earlier.

Forward_Lateral
12-29-2023, 06:17 AM
I doubt that though. First, the story was in major news outlets, and police reports can be easily fact checked. Second, Von has barely played this year and the Bills are underachieving, even more so when the story broke than now.

It doesn’t make sense that someone would make up a story about a guy who’s barely playing on an underachieving small-market team about something that can be easily verified.

Seriously??

We just went through this.

And it doesn't matter what sized market the team is. Azaria's life was ruined by some broad and her lawyer. But the internet is always right.

JoeMama
12-29-2023, 08:13 AM
If Miller's play this season is any indication, he's not capable of assaulting a kitten. So I'm inclined to believe his denial.

OpIv37
12-29-2023, 08:36 AM
Seriously??

We just went through this.

And it doesn't matter what sized market the team is. Azaria's life was ruined by some broad and her lawyer. But the internet is always right.

Ok…. How did she get the bruises on her neck? Why did she file a police report? This is a lot different than Azaria because a) it’s a criminal case and not a civil one and b) there’s actual evidence in the bruising on her neck. Also, she’s also his GC and they already have kids together so she’s already benefiting from the money.

sukie
12-29-2023, 08:52 AM
Has anyone other than responding officers see these bruises? If there was a case charges would have been filed… how is this not incorrect?

OpIv37
12-29-2023, 08:58 AM
Has anyone other than responding officers see these bruises? If there was a case charges would have been filed… how is this not incorrect?

Well the prosecutor decides whether to file charges. Whatever caused the bruises on her neck happened behind closed doors with no third party witnesses. If she is no longer willing to say that Von caused the bruises, the prosecutor has no evidence and can’t bring charges.

So it’s back to what I said before. Either he beat her up or she filed a false police report.

Forward_Lateral
12-29-2023, 09:02 AM
Ok…. How did she get the bruises on her neck? Why did she file a police report? This is a lot different than Azaria because a) it’s a criminal case and not a civil one and b) there’s actual evidence in the bruising on her neck. Also, she’s also his GC and they already have kids together so she’s already benefiting from the money.
Who knows how she got them, or if that's even true. Maybe she likes being asphyxiated during sex? Who says she filed a police report?

Also, the case against Azaria was criminal to begin with, and why he was released.

I love how everyone on the internet knows everything. You read a report by some reporter who says "she had bruising" and assume he's guilty. I'm not saying he isn't, but it's proven otherwise, he's innocent.

Jesus give it a rest already, why do you insist on being right in every argument about anything?

- - - Updated - - -

Well the prosecutor decides whether to file charges. Whatever caused the bruises on her neck happened behind closed doors with no third party witnesses. If she is no longer willing to say that Von caused the bruises, the prosecutor has no evidence and can’t bring charges.

So it’s back to what I said before. Either he beat her up or she filed a false police report.

Or, some other reason.

Shut up already

sukie
12-29-2023, 09:17 AM

Is the prosecutor pondering charges? Letting them just marinade a bit? He has the police report. Surely that enough to get Von up on criminal charges… or maybe there ain’t a whole lot to it.

criminal charges shouldn’t wait for springtime .

OpIv37
12-29-2023, 09:24 AM
Who knows how she got them, or if that's even true. Maybe she likes being asphyxiated during sex? Who says she filed a police report?

Also, the case against Azaria was criminal to begin with, and why he was released.

I love how everyone on the internet knows everything. You read a report by some reporter who says "she had bruising" and assume he's guilty. I'm not saying he isn't, but it's proven otherwise, he's innocent.

Jesus give it a rest already, why do you insist on being right in every argument about anything?

- - - Updated - - -

Or, some other reason.

Shut up already
It's insane that you think major media outlets are going to make up the existence of a police report. It can be easily fact-checked and will be a huge embarrassment if it turns out to be false.

OpIv37
12-29-2023, 09:26 AM
Is the prosecutor pondering charges? Letting them just marinade a bit? He has the police report. Surely that enough to get Von up on criminal charges… or maybe there ain’t a whole lot to it.

criminal charges shouldn’t wait for springtime .

Let's try this again.

Something caused the bruises on her neck. Initially, she said in the police report that Von caused the bruises.

The only evidence that the cops have is her word.

If a prosecutor files charges and goes to court, and she goes on the stand and says "the bruises weren't caused by Von," there is literally no other evidence that he did anything and no jury will convict. Any charges hinge entirely on her words.

Forward_Lateral
12-29-2023, 09:36 AM
Jesus

Christ

Let it go

sukie
12-29-2023, 09:49 AM
Let's try this again.

Something caused the bruises on her neck. Initially, she said in the police report that Von caused the bruises.

If a prosecutor files charges and goes to court, and she goes on the stand and says "the bruises weren't caused by Von," there is literally no other evidence that he did anything and no jury will convict. Any charges hinge entirely on her words.
So let’s try this again…

why no charges? It doesn’t need her involvement since the act was a potential felony . The case would be the state vs Von

she is but a witness . photographs clearly showing hands were on her neck and other pictures of abrasions and scratches would be the other true evidence and would be enough to bring charges. She can recant or not. It doesn’t matter.

so why, if the photographic evidence supports this act of violence, are charges not already filed? Awaiting Arbor Day?

OpIv37
12-29-2023, 10:13 AM
So let’s try this again…

why no charges? It doesn’t need her involvement since the act was a potential felony . The case would be the state vs Von

she is but a witness . photographs clearly showing hands were on her neck and other pictures of abrasions and scratches would be the other true evidence and would be enough to bring charges. She can recant or not. It doesn’t matter.

so why, if the photographic evidence supports this act of violence, are charges not already filed? Awaiting Arbor Day?
True, the prosecutor can file charges without her pressing charges.

The prosecution can subpoena her and force her to get on the witness stand. What the prosecution cannot do is control what she says in court. They cannot force her to say that Von caused the violence.

The photographic evidence supports that an act of violence occurred. They do not prove who committed the act of violence. Without her testimony, there is nothing linking the act of violence to Von or any other person.

The prosecution could show a jury the initial police report and try to trip her up on the stand. But even then, the only evidence that Von caused the bruises would be the testimony of a person who told one story to the police and a different story on the witness stand. One unreliable witness doesn't fit the "beyond a reasonable doubt" standard.

ParanoidAndroid
12-29-2023, 11:13 AM
So, I'm guessing the judge just issued the warrant because he was bored that day.

There must not be any evidence.

The media made it all up.

Her story definitely didn't change because tens of millions are at stake.

cas22
12-29-2023, 12:00 PM
bottom line is there are 911 recordings, also police report and pictures by the police, him denying he did anything wrong seems to be normal, they never admit they did wrong, the district attorney if they do pursue the case won't happen till around March, I just hope if they do suspend Miller its prior to the start of the NFL new year, the Bills will save 17 mil on next years cap if that happens... of coarse if the Buffalo bills fashion Miller will get charged around sept. of next year and the Bills will have to eat all of 2024 cap hit....

Mace
12-29-2023, 04:44 PM
I mean� there was a police report and photos of bruises on her neck.

There are only two real possibilities. The first- and most likely- is that they got in a fight and he got physical.

The second- and far less likely- is that she was mad at him, so she either choked herself or had a friend do it so she could file a false police report.

One of them definitely committed a crime.

There are two possibilities with a 3rd result.

The 3rd result is that the DA, dealing with this frequently, doesn't want to commit resources to a prosecution of a suspect with a high powered legal team and they find a backdoor solution to avoid going into the mud, whether or not it is justified. Law and Order isn't the same any more.

WildBills
12-29-2023, 08:48 PM
Let's try this again.

Do you wear a big red nose too?

ParanoidAndroid
12-29-2023, 08:53 PM
Ha ha! *snort*

Stick to lurking, if this is all you got.

OpIv37
12-29-2023, 09:21 PM

I have no idea what the **** you are talking about.