PDA

View Full Version : DaQuan Jones

Woodman
12-29-2023, 08:42 AM
The Buffalo Bills (https://www.buffalorumblings.com/) announced (https://x.com/BuffaloBills/status/1740486925851738568?s=20) that they have released veteran offensive lineman Germain Ifedi. The move brings their active roster total down to 52, which frees up a spot for defensive tackle DaQuan Jones should he be able to play this weekend.

Ifedi, 29, signed with the Bills at the end of August. He spent the preseason as a member of the Detroit Lions (https://www.prideofdetroit.com/), which released him on August 27. Buffalo signed him three days after his release from Detroit. The veteran did not appear in a game for the Bills this season, as he was a healthy scratch for each contest. The Bills instead went with Ryan Van Demark as their swing tackle.

Buffalo Bills release veteran offensive lineman Germain Ifedi - Buffalo Rumblings (https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2023/12/28/24018161/buffalo-bills-release-veteran-offensive-lineman-germain-ifedi-daquan-jones)

OpIv37
12-29-2023, 08:44 AM
I’ll believe it when it happens.

But what kind of shape will he be in?

BuffaloBlitz83
12-29-2023, 08:46 AM

Mr Negative strikes

Woodman
12-29-2023, 08:46 AM
If Jones can play this weekend, we have until 4 p.m. Sat. to add him to the roster. I would Love to see the big guy back out there kicking some ass.

Woodman
12-29-2023, 08:48 AM

What shape he's in?

Ready to play/contribute of course.

OpIv37
12-29-2023, 09:01 AM
Mr Negative strikes

What I said was realistic, not negative. At the moment, he’s not on the roster. Everyone else on the field is 17 weeks into an NFL season- he’s coming off an injury and hasn’t been playing while they have. Deal with reality instead of making it about me.

Mad Max
12-29-2023, 11:25 AM
He’s been activated for Sunday. McDermott stated in his presser.

Mad Max
12-29-2023, 11:28 AM
Also in the presser unless something happens today I believe he’ll (Micah) be out there Sunday

Kenny
12-29-2023, 11:38 AM
Great news. Get him in there for some reps vs NE. We need him more for that Fins game and the playoffs more than anything else.

ParanoidAndroid
12-29-2023, 11:46 AM
What I said was realistic, not negative. At the moment, he’s not on the roster. Everyone else on the field is 17 weeks into an NFL season- he’s coming off an injury and hasn’t been playing while they have. Deal with reality instead of making it about me.
Everyone else is tired and banged up.

He's got fresh legs.

Reps on the sled and in the weight room can get you in shape.

Just being realistic.

sukie
12-29-2023, 01:34 PM
I just got my Ifedi jersey too. Dammit.

Ed
12-29-2023, 01:50 PM
I would expect a limited snap count for Jones this week, but getting some game action in before Miami could be huge. He was such a monster in that first Dolphins game.

OpIv37
12-29-2023, 02:30 PM
Everyone else is tired and banged up.

He's got fresh legs.

Reps on the sled and in the weight room can get you in shape.

Just being realistic.
Pushing sleds doesn’t get one into football shape. It’s one thing at the start of the season when everyone’s in the same boat. It’s a different thing to jump into real reps with guys who have been taking them for months.

ParanoidAndroid
12-29-2023, 02:48 PM
And not having the weekly beatings that linemen sustain will have him relatively fresh. Do you disagree?

acehole
12-29-2023, 04:15 PM
Yes for sure he will show up like those dead whales in the middle of the jungle swarming with flies and possible have aids and covid.

Mad Max
12-29-2023, 04:17 PM
Pushing sleds doesn’t get one into football shape. It’s one thing at the start of the season when everyone’s in the same boat. It’s a different thing to jump into real reps with guys who have been taking them for months.

A.) he’s been taking plenty of real reps against big humans in practice…not just sleds
B.) he’s not a skill player running up and down the field who needs to get his “legs back”…his job is to be strong and agile for a few seconds within a few feet if the LOS
C.) he’s going to be on a limited snap count don’t you think?

Mace
12-29-2023, 04:35 PM
I'll feel a lot better with Jones and Joseph rotating at 0 tech on the DL.

Not proven just yet this season, but Jones is the anti loafer Lotulelei.

ParanoidAndroid
12-29-2023, 07:16 PM
I'm getting ahead of all this but just like I was banging the table for last year, we need to invest a high draft pick on a DT with some size and versatility.

I doubt Joseph comes back and I'm done watching Tim Settle.

Mace
12-29-2023, 07:30 PM
I'm getting ahead of all this but just like I was banging the table for last year, we need to invest a high draft pick on a DT with some size and versatility.

McDermott's comfort zone....it's the 7th year of the program, and certain spots are always vet retread while they draft players that sit until they don't have to because they got low on depth or they start someone because they had to without plugging them into the obvious.

OpIv37
12-29-2023, 07:36 PM
A.) he’s been taking plenty of real reps against big humans in practice…not just sleds
B.) he’s not a skill player running up and down the field who needs to get his “legs back”…his job is to be strong and agile for a few seconds within a few feet if the LOS
C.) he’s going to be on a limited snap count don’t you think?

There is no practice simulation that is equivalent to game reps, period. Rule #1 of training is that you don’t hurt your training partner because then there is no one to train with. Guys just don’t go as hard in practice as they do in games.

And limited snaps means limited impact even if he plays well on those snaps.

OpIv37
12-29-2023, 07:40 PM

I agree but I don’t trust this FO on the DL. Getting Miller, Epenesa, Rousseau…. None are worthless but none have lived up to the hype. Granted, those guys are edge rushers which is a bit different than interior DL but it seems like this FO is constantly making DL moves with only moderate results.

kscdogbillsfan1221
12-29-2023, 07:56 PM
And not having the weekly beatings that linemen sustain will have him relatively fresh. Do you disagree?

Yes, he does disagree
because this goes against his ‘everything is always against the bills’ and ‘everything the bills do is wrong’ shtick

it’s best to just not engage
because you’ll never win and just continually beat your head against the wall because no matter what logic you throw, the above ‘logic’ will be his answer

YardRat
12-29-2023, 07:57 PM
Nice.

Not beat up, fresh legs, was a force before getting injured.

It's about time we had somebody getting healthy at the right time instead of knocked out for the year.

ParanoidAndroid
12-29-2023, 08:48 PM
I agree but I don’t trust this FO on the DL. Getting Miller, Epenesa, Rousseau…. None are worthless but none have lived up to the hype. Granted, those guys are edge rushers which is a bit different than interior DL but it seems like this FO is constantly making DL moves with only moderate results.
God damn.

Someone get him his Eeyore avatar back

OpIv37
12-29-2023, 11:42 PM
God damn.

I only spoke truth.

Ginger Vitis
12-30-2023, 04:03 AM

how convenient you left out jones..Oliver and floyd... 3rd in the NFL in sacks is only moderate results lol

notacon
12-30-2023, 12:30 PM
God damn.

He's really a Pats fan...or Fin fan...or Jets fan. THAT is "reality".

If we were able to present his last 100 posts to 1,000 random NFL fans from every team except the Bills, and ask them if the author was a Bills fan or one of another AFCE team, there is ZERO doubt that not one single person would say he's a Bills fan.

REAL Bills' fans do not have such a sour puss, over-the-top negative quitter mindset. His grasp on "reality" is tenuous at best, confusing his constant insufferable droning of extreme negativity and anti-Bills psychosis as "reality".

It's not.

It's an expression of constant insufferable droning of extreme negativity and anti-Bills psychosis.

It's his choice. :rolleyes:

Forward_Lateral
12-30-2023, 01:10 PM

Oliver sucks
Daquan sucks
Floyd sucks
Rousseau sucks
Epenesa sucks
Von Miller is a HOF but tore his ACL so he sucks

They have a top 5 D Line in the NFL.

Woodman
12-30-2023, 01:10 PM
Nice.

Not beat up, fresh legs, was a force before getting injured.

It's about time we had somebody getting healthy at the right time instead of knocked out for the year.

Important he's back ..... his value to us can not be measured.

:band:

Forward_Lateral
12-30-2023, 01:11 PM

I only spoke truth.

Here’s some truth

You have no clue what you are taking about.

Woodman
12-30-2023, 01:11 PM
Oliver sucks
Daquan sucks
Floyd sucks
Rousseau sucks
Epenesa sucks
Von Miller is a HOF but tore his ACL so he sucks

They have a top 5 D Line in the NFL.

Novacane
12-30-2023, 03:26 PM
He's really a Pats fan...or Fin fan...or Jets fan. THAT is "reality".

If we were able to present his last 100 posts to 1,000 random NFL fans from every team except the Bills, and ask them if the author was a Bills fan or one of another AFCE team, there is ZERO doubt that not one single person would say he's a Bills fan.

REAL Bills' fans do not have such a sour puss, over-the-top negative quitter mindset. His grasp on "reality" is tenuous at best, confusing his constant insufferable droning of extreme negativity and anti-Bills psychosis as "reality".

It's not.

It's an expression of constant insufferable droning of extreme negativity and anti-Bills psychosis.

It's his choice. :rolleyes:

Nah. He's just an Aaron Rodgers imitating attention whore. His schlict gets him more attention than any other poster.

Novacane
12-30-2023, 03:27 PM
I would not be surprised is "OP" fakes being a fan on other teams message boards and trashes those teams. He needs the attention.

notacon
12-31-2023, 10:43 AM
Nah. He's just an Aaron Rodgers imitating attention whore. His schlict gets him more attention than any other poster.

In other words a troll.