An uncomfortable truth that i've come to accept...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jimkelly12203
    • Jun 2015

An uncomfortable truth that i've come to accept...

The NFL is a farce. It is bread and circuses.

pure and simple.

I remember a completely irrelevant and bad franchise following 9/11 go on an absolute rampage. That team (appropriately for the times) was called the "Patriots". And it has been well documented that they cheated their way to many superbowls.

I saw last years Superbowl. I saw that PI call at the end of the game. A penalty in the technical sense, sure... but tell me the teams weren't playing that same style of D all game? They were...

And i saw Bradberry say it was a good call right after the game. What was the cost Bradberry? What did they pay you to play that part?

Its a freaking act! The game is BS. It is a fraud.

They think we are stupid. And you know what? I think they may be right.

This cable news, social media, internet-fed world we live in today... Yeah. We are just that. STUPID!

And they're shoving it in our faces.

That call last night to negate the Lions heroic win was a corrupt piece of you know what. And it came from New York and Las Vegas.

It is an insult to our intelligence. Because most people are just plain out stupid.

I watched for 20 years as the "Patriots" got call after call against our very dumb team.

Now we have Josh. Now we are the cool kids. And i see calls going our way that shouldn't almost every single week.

The NFL is bogus. It is a fraud. You'd be better off betting on WWE matches. They're more real.

Sorry, i just had to get this off my chest.

I believe the NFL is 100% fixed. And it has been for quite some time.

The legalization of gambling has utterly and totally corrupted this game.

Don't bother watching the NFL anymore. You're better off watching Days of our Lives or World Wrestling Entertainment.

They think we are stupid. Because we (evidently) are stupid.
    All Hail Josh Allen! Savior of the Buffalo Bills!

Freedom for the Ukraine. Down with Putin and every traitor in this country that supports him.
  • THE END OF ALL DAYS
    The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
    • Feb 2005

Re: An uncomfortable truth that i've come to accept...

😆
    In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• Discotrish
      Raging hypocrite and resident troll
      • Nov 2003

Originally posted by Jimkelly12203 View Post

pure and simple.
      Oh, you watched last night's game? Well of course going for two in that situation made sense. And only 3 guys reported the eligible man to the refs. Etc.

On the other hand if they'd script US a Superbowl that would still make me happy.

Yeah a LOT of close games and weird wins this year. Weirder than usual. It's almost like they don't care if we know.
      Note: Discotrish information is Conspiralicious and has NO BASIS IN FACT. Considering her opinions may be HAZARDOUS TO YOUR HEALTH. Please do not get your medical advice from a subforum of a subforum of a sports message board.

Comment

• Novacane
        • Jul 2002

They think they're to big to fail. I think they're arrogant and wrong long term. Goodell will be long gone when it dies so wtf does he care. The kids are not as into the NFL as my generation and ones before it and right after it. Their kids will probably be even less into it. Why do you think they're pushing the Taylor Swift/Scumbag Kelsey relationship so hard?

Comment

• Jimkelly12203
          • Jun 2015

Originally posted by Discotrish View Post
          It's almost like they don't care if we know.
          That's the problem. The vast and grand majority of people are just flat out stupid. They don't care if we know because so many of us just lack the brain power.

But i'm with you. If they script us a victory... jeeze... How do i put this.

I guess i'm cool with it because they all seem so scripted at this point. But at the same time i'd know if it was just handed to us. The same way we seem to get so many BS calls in our favor these days that we never got thrown our way before the Allen era.

Ultimately, i don't like being lied to.

The league is fake. Its a goddamn shame.

Freedom for the Ukraine. Down with Putin and every traitor in this country that supports him.

Comment

• Jimkelly12203
            • Jun 2015

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
            They think they're to big to fail. I think they're arrogant and wrong long term. Goodell will be long gone when it dies so wtf does he care. The kids are not as into the NFL as my generation and ones before it and right after it. Their kids will probably be even less into it. Why do you think they're pushing the Taylor Swift/Scumbag Kelsey relationship so hard?
            Yup! 100%

Comment

• Ingtar33
              Dances With Buffaloes
              • Sep 2002

first of all, the only fixing that's going on is over point spreads, and usually only happens occasionally. I got a buddy who told me how it works and what he looks for to know it's going to happen. dude put every penny he had on the dolphins during last years early bills-fins game and told me the week leading up it would be a hatchet job by the refs; because all the money was going on the bills, so vegas pressed their fingers on the scales. He won that bet, not the only time he's done that BTW; never seen him lose his shirt, he's been picking a game or two every year and making a fortune just picking the games he thinks Vegas will make a call on.

Now i don't bet $$ on anything; I don't even play poker for money. That call at the end of the cowboys-lions game had no effect on the spread; and I actually believe the ref just ****ed it up. I've seen the video, I've seen no.68 go up to report as eligible, and while 68 was talking I saw the ref look up and at no.70 running up to him. I fully believe the ref just wrote the wrong number down in the heat of the moment.

The refs don't care who wins; but vegas cares who covers. but they don't care that much either. Generally vegas is surprisingly good at getting accurate point spreads and usually come out way ahead at the end of the year. When they start to care is when teams are "sure picks" for the betting public, to the point that all the money goes on them no matter what the spread. THOSE are the games and teams vegas dislikes, and those are the games they're most likely to make some calls IMHO.

BTW: I think the chargers game was one such game. as i said. vegas doesn't care about who wins, it's who covers. and the point spread was like 12 for that game, and almost all the money was on the bills... and frankly the flags came out hard and fierce whenever the bills looked like they were getting into the groove and busting the game open. I haven't asked him if that was one he put money on though. just a guess.

in short, yes games are fixed, no not for winners or losers, but for the spread.
              Last edited by Ingtar33; 12-31-2023, 02:32 PM.
              My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• YardRat
                Well, lookie here...
                • Dec 2004

It's fixed for winners and losers, too.
                YardRat Wall of Fame
                #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• sahlensguy
                  • Mar 2015

The age of innocence has passed welcome to the real world!

Comment

• Chet
                    Allenhu Joshbar
                    • Feb 2017

There’s not a goomba out there who could shave Josh’s turnovers down

Comment

• POTLAND PSILBYLO
                      Asst to Dean Vernon Wormer
                      • Nov 2012

We talking cherry turnovers. Mah favorite.

Comment

• Turf
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ingtar33 View Post
                        first of all, the only fixing that's going on is over point spreads, and usually only happens occasionally. I got a buddy who told me how it works and what he looks for to know it's going to happen. dude put every penny he had on the dolphins during last years early bills-fins game and told me the week leading up it would be a hatchet job by the refs; because all the money was going on the bills, so vegas pressed their fingers on the scales. He won that bet, not the only time he's done that BTW; never seen him lose his shirt, he's been picking a game or two every year and making a fortune just picking the games he thinks Vegas will make a call on.

Now i don't bet $$ on anything; I don't even play poker for money. That call at the end of the cowboys-lions game had no effect on the spread; and I actually believe the ref just ****ed it up. I've seen the video, I've seen no.68 go up to report as eligible, and while 68 was talking I saw the ref look up and at no.70 running up to him. I fully believe the ref just wrote the wrong number down in the heat of the moment.

The refs don't care who wins; but vegas cares who covers. but they don't care that much either. Generally vegas is surprisingly good at getting accurate point spreads and usually come out way ahead at the end of the year. When they start to care is when teams are "sure picks" for the betting public, to the point that all the money goes on them no matter what the spread. THOSE are the games and teams vegas dislikes, and those are the games they're most likely to make some calls IMHO.

BTW: I think the chargers game was one such game. as i said. vegas doesn't care about who wins, it's who covers. and the point spread was like 12 for that game, and almost all the money was on the bills... and frankly the flags came out hard and fierce whenever the bills looked like they were getting into the groove and busting the game open. I haven't asked him if that was one he put money on though. just a guess.

in short, yes games are fixed, no not for winners or losers, but for the spread.
                        I cannot forget my father telling me he didn't like the 7 point spread for the Bills favored over the Giants in the 1st SB. He thought the Bills should have been favored by a lot more. I always look at who they want you to bet on. Will they let it ride once in a while, yeah. But for the most part, yeah its real.
                        Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• notacon
                          • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Jimkelly12203 View Post

pure and simple.

I remember a completely irrelevant and bad franchise following 9/11 go on an absolute rampage. That team (appropriately for the times) was called the "Patriots". And it has been well documented that they cheated their way to many superbowls.

I saw last years Superbowl. I saw that PI call at the end of the game. A penalty in the technical sense, sure... but tell me the teams weren't playing that same style of D all game? They were...

And i saw Bradberry say it was a good call right after the game. What was the cost Bradberry? What did they pay you to play that part?

Its a freaking act! The game is BS. It is a fraud.

They think we are stupid. And you know what? I think they may be right.

This cable news, social media, internet-fed world we live in today... Yeah. We are just that. STUPID!

And they're shoving it in our faces.

That call last night to negate the Lions heroic win was a corrupt piece of you know what. And it came from New York and Las Vegas.

It is an insult to our intelligence. Because most people are just plain out stupid.

I watched for 20 years as the "Patriots" got call after call against our very dumb team.

Now we have Josh. Now we are the cool kids. And i see calls going our way that shouldn't almost every single week.

The NFL is bogus. It is a fraud. You'd be better off betting on WWE matches. They're more real.

Sorry, i just had to get this off my chest.

I believe the NFL is 100% fixed. And it has been for quite some time.

The legalization of gambling has utterly and totally corrupted this game.

Don't bother watching the NFL anymore. You're better off watching Days of our Lives or World Wrestling Entertainment.

They think we are stupid. Because we (evidently) are stupid.
                          I don't give this weird conspiracy theory any credible credence.

It's as lame as the 'Trump really won 2020 in a landslide" bullcrap.

Comment

• jamze132
                            Don’t hate…
                            • Jun 2003

Are interceptions, fumbles recoveries, and injuries scripted or “coerced”? The answer is NO.

Comment

• Mace
                              Haha...yeah you think so ?
                              • Mar 2013

Originally posted by jamze132 View Post
                              Are interceptions, fumbles recoveries, and injuries scripted or “coerced”? The answer is NO.
                              Then picture the owners meeting where after they painfully decided the results of 544 games, 81 year old Jerry Jones finds out his team craps out again after 28 years without a home playoff run in his monster expensive mega stadium.

Broncos Walton is likely to point out gambling might make about 10 billion, he's worth 59, and with Payton and Wilson deserved a freaking playoff spot, 20 billion owner of the Seahawks is gonna ask why 10 billion Kraft from NE deserved a dynasty.....the big market teams are going to start yelling and Davis is going to rage that he's in freaking Las Vegas with a great stadium and can't get a break....18 billion Tepper in Carolina is going to be like wtf, I drafted the marquee guy and I'm getting killed here !

No. I don't buy it.

Comment

Working...
                              X