PDA

View Full Version : What did Josh say about his shoulder after the game?

Novacane
12-31-2023, 04:32 PM
Anyone hear his post game? As poorly as he played today we have no chance without him.

Mad Max
12-31-2023, 04:34 PM
Stinger. But he said he’s fine.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-media-max-width="560"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Josh Allen says his shoulder is fine after taking a big hit on the final drive.<br><br>“Little stinger. Never felt one of those before. Felt funky. I’m alright.”<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/BillsMafia?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#BillsMafia</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/BuffaloPlus?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@BuffaloPlus</a> <a href="https://t.co/RQ4hpbjrFV">pic.twitter.com/RQ4hpbjrFV</a></p>&mdash; Dan Fetes (@danfetes) <a href="https://twitter.com/danfetes/status/1741568382783066385?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 31, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

sukie
12-31-2023, 04:40 PM
It was left shoulder anyway

Mad Max
12-31-2023, 04:42 PM
It was left shoulder anyway

Plus he’s a freaking cyborg. They’ll just tighten a couple of loose bolts and he’ll be all set physically. Mentally…

justasportsfan
12-31-2023, 06:24 PM
Put your head on my shoulder
Hold me in your arms, baby
Squeeze me oh-so-tight
Show me that you love me too

Chet
12-31-2023, 06:26 PM
What did he say about his brain after the game?

Jimkelly12203
12-31-2023, 06:49 PM
He will never admit the extent of any of his injuries. He's not wired that way. Diggs is the same way. If Josh Allen misses a game, you know it is a horrific injury. I just hope whatever it is doesn't affect his ability to play. Not that the other Allen at 100% would be better than Josh at 50%.

Mad Max
12-31-2023, 07:40 PM
What did he say about his brain after the game?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-media-max-width="560"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">If I only had a brain! <a href="https://t.co/gb8gjspGcd">pic.twitter.com/gb8gjspGcd</a></p>&mdash; BellaLuz (@YupItsMeSandiLu) <a href="https://twitter.com/YupItsMeSandiLu/status/1741541988435136569?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 31, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Mad Max
12-31-2023, 07:42 PM
He will never admit the extent of any of his injuries. He's not wired that way. Diggs is the same way. If Josh Allen misses a game, you know it is a horrific injury. I just hope whatever it is doesn't affect his ability to play. Not that the other Allen at 100% would be better than Josh at 50%.

The other Allen is a mistake that needs to be taken care of in the offseason. There are obviously some legitimate backups in the league… Kyle is not one of them.

YardRat
12-31-2023, 07:50 PM
In all my years of watching football...maybe any sport, actually...but especially the Bills...I have never seen a yin-yang-type enigma that we have with Josh Allen.
He is the best player on the team by far, should be the best player in the league, and this team would be mediocre at best without him but at the same time he actually is holding them back. I don't know if it's more fascinating or frustrating.

Jimkelly12203
12-31-2023, 10:18 PM
The other Allen is a mistake that needs to be taken care of in the offseason. There are obviously some legitimate backups in the league… Kyle is not one of them.
Agreed. i just don't know what we can possibly afford at this point. It feels like we need to draft someone to be the long-term backup. Sure would be nice if all of that wasted Von Miller money was spent elsewhere.

sukie
01-02-2024, 10:33 AM
Agreed. i just don't know what we can possibly afford at this point. It feels like we need to draft someone to be the long-term backup. Sure would be nice if all of that wasted Von Miller money was spent elsewhere.
Pipe dream would be Russell Wilson. He would be vet minimum and Broncos pay his monster salaries next 2 years

Forward_Lateral
01-02-2024, 10:47 AM
Pipe dream would be Russell Wilson. He would be vet minimum and Broncos pay his monster salaries next 2 years

NO thanks.

Not a chance in hell I'd want that guy within 100 miles of the Bills

Goobylal
01-02-2024, 12:28 PM
In all my years of watching football...maybe any sport, actually...but especially the Bills...I have never seen a yin-yang-type enigma that we have with Josh Allen.
He is the best player on the team by far, should be the best player in the league, and this team would be mediocre at best without him but at the same time he actually is holding them back. I don't know if it's more fascinating or frustrating.

He's holding them back? LOL! Are you kidding me? Maybe a couple other QBs could have succeeded the other day with the way the OL was playing.

imbondz
01-02-2024, 01:26 PM
I don’t know. We used to boo Jim Kelly one week then think he was the 2nd coming the next week.

Woodman
01-02-2024, 01:39 PM
Reality has always been a what have you done for me lately.

Forward_Lateral
01-02-2024, 02:12 PM
He's holding them back? LOL! Are you kidding me? Maybe a couple other QBs could have succeeded the other day with the way the OL was playing.
I don't know if it's just Bills fans, or all NFL fans, but it seems to be at least 50% of Bills fans want a QB that never makes mistakes, and that throws for 300 yards and 4 TDs every game, regardless of whether they win or not.

Forward_Lateral
01-02-2024, 02:15 PM
Reality has always been a what have you done for me lately.

Plenty of HOF QBs have had plenty of sub par games, it happens.

I don't know if it's just this message board, or Bills fans in general, but a lot of you have your expectations way too high

Goobylal
01-02-2024, 05:13 PM
I don't know if it's just Bills fans, or all NFL fans, but it seems to be at least 50% of Bills fans want a QB that never makes mistakes, and that throws for 300 yards and 4 TDs every game, regardless of whether they win or not.

Everyone wants a QB who doesn't make mistakes. I just can't see blaming Josh when he gets so little help from his teammates at times, regardless of health.

YardRat
01-02-2024, 05:44 PM
Allen has been a major contributor to just about every single loss (and closer-than-should-be wins) this team has suffered.

sukie
01-02-2024, 05:50 PM
After the game , Allen had this to say about his left Shoulder… “Owwww!”

Goobylal
01-02-2024, 05:52 PM
Allen has been a major contributor to just about every single loss (and closer-than-should-be wins) this team has suffered.

Everyone has contributed to the losses. How many games did Josh leave the field with the lead only to see the defense give up the decisive points on an opponent's final drive?

OpIv37
01-02-2024, 06:34 PM

It’s not so much that he makes mistakes. It’s that he consistently makes the same mistakes. So many of his INT’s are carbon copies of each other, and on so many of them, there are wide open WR’s underneath but he just won’t take the short gain. He needs to pick and choose when to take his shots better and he just won’t.

Then there is the infuriating stuff like the turnover on the scramble against NE. He didn’t protect the ball at all. I get it- he was fighting for the 1st down. But their O wasn’t moving the ball well for most of the game. Punt it away and play d.

There’s no reason why Allen can’t clean this stuff up and still be Josh Allen. That’s where the frustration comes in.

Woodman
01-02-2024, 06:48 PM
Sunday is our 1st playoff game.

Josh when asked about his shoulder said: We're onto Miami.

OpIv37
01-02-2024, 07:57 PM
Sunday is our 1st playoff game.

Josh when asked about his shoulder said: We're onto Miami.
The playoffs started after the loss to the Eagles.

sukie
01-02-2024, 08:37 PM
I might offer a suggestion and that would be to take classes on ‘how to root for your team in playoff situations’ then.

or don’t. Your ‘realism’ classes are probably still being paid off.

YardRat
01-03-2024, 05:39 AM
Everyone has contributed to the losses. How many games did Josh leave the field with the lead only to see the defense give up the decisive points on an opponent's final drive?

How many times has his poor play put his team in that position? Even in the 13 second game he and the offense went to sleep for almost 2 full quarters in the second half except for one 75 yard bomb to Davis.

How many of those losses has Josh had multiple turnovers?

notacon
01-03-2024, 12:59 PM

Hmmmmmmm. And you picked the Bills to LOSE every one of the four games but they WON every one of them!!! :rolleyes:

Goobylal
01-03-2024, 01:26 PM
How many times has his poor play put his team in that position? Even in the 13 second game he and the offense went to sleep for almost 2 full quarters in the second half except for one 75 yard bomb to Davis.

How many of those losses has Josh had multiple turnovers?

Again there has been enough poor play all around. And again, without Josh the Bills are a 5-12 team at best.

Woodman
01-03-2024, 02:39 PM

Not really but whatever.

Woodman
01-03-2024, 02:41 PM
Hmmmmmmm. And you picked the Bills to LOSE every one of the four games but they WON every one of them!!! :rolleyes:

:roflmao: shhhhhh! :D

Woodman
01-03-2024, 02:45 PM
I might offer a suggestion and that would be to take classes on ‘how to root for your team in playoff situations’ then.

or don’t. Your ‘realism’ classes are probably still being paid off.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/HtNaer-0tiY?si=O0JGvIPfRNMFiXJK" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>