PDA

View Full Version : Bills open as -3.0 point favorites in Miami

Ed
12-31-2023, 08:50 PM
Still no word on when the game will be, but the initial line has the Bills as 3 point favorites.

Bad news is that both the Jags and Steelers open as 3.5 point favorites.

Squish the fish!

Novacane
12-31-2023, 08:52 PM
We're playing a team more beat up than we are. I wish I knew which Bills team was going to show up.

TheConsigliere
12-31-2023, 09:27 PM
I agree.

I also agree that this may be the funniest song I heard tonight…

https://youtu.be/2I7UJgkoErY?si=3_WfSbARcbp0D7LE

TheConsigliere
12-31-2023, 09:31 PM
https://youtu.be/7XJZiBC0hiM?si=Mc8OBxbRHtn9jQ99

- - - Updated - - -

No embedding

Skooby
12-31-2023, 09:47 PM
Miami got injured at a bad time, our D-line looks ready to violate every team too.

Jaydog57
12-31-2023, 10:09 PM
I've faced reality a while ago and realized my Phins aren't going to the Super Bowl this year, but winning the division would still be nice; it's been too long. You guys always get it together towards the end of the season though, it seems. I hope it's a good game next week and not a blow out, regardless... :peace:

YardRat
01-01-2024, 08:52 AM
we are 6-10 against the spread so far this season, 3-9 over the last 12. 4-7 when favored by 3-1/2 points or more.

Forward_Lateral
01-01-2024, 09:00 AM
we are 6-10 against the spread so far this season, 3-9 over the last 12. 4-7 when favored by 3-1/2 points or more.

Who cares?

TheConsigliere
01-01-2024, 09:05 AM
I expect that line will climb to 4 & 1/2 points come gametime.

TheConsigliere
01-01-2024, 09:24 AM
https://www.si.com/nfl/dolphins/news/miami-dolphins-sustain-key-injuries-against-ravens

ParanoidAndroid
01-01-2024, 09:44 AM
Vegas sets another trap.

cas22
01-01-2024, 09:44 AM
when it comes to the Balt Pitt game , Harbaugh is not gonna sit his starters for 3 weeks, too me that would be a bad thing, I think he plays the starter at least a half and some the whole game, lets hope they get a big lead early, Pitt beat them earlier this year so you also got that .. Balt hates the Steelers so you also got that.

Historian
01-01-2024, 10:16 AM
Buffalo shouldn't be favored over anybody on the road, least of all the fish.

We almost lost to their third string quarterback in the playoffs last year, at home.

Chet
01-01-2024, 10:26 AM
Anyone else get the sense that Buffalo looks like they just want the season to be over already?

Discotrish
01-01-2024, 10:30 AM
Anyone else get the sense that Buffalo looks like they just want the season to be over already?

Yes, they look like they're in a majorly BAD MOOD.

Kinda funny!

But we don't have anything to complain about when it REALLY looked like they had no playoff shot AT ALL about a month ago.

And we still have yet another opportunity to fumble it away!

No, I say we just go along for the ride and hope Big Game Gabe decides to show up.

sukie
01-01-2024, 10:35 AM
The NFL was gifted a blueprint to beat the Dolphins created by Bellichick and published by Buffalo in that first game. Ravens refined it a little.

Kincaid needs to be used a lot. Diggs same thing. Xavien Howard will not play. Chubb and his 11 sacks… not playing. Their crappy replacement Center has nagging issues. Buffalo wins this game… Douglas with another pick. The Dline is balling.

I do feel we will see 4 Net instead of Murray…. Oh and no weather advantage… 60 ish

Turf
01-01-2024, 11:44 AM
I like the spread. Money will go on the Fish.

Mad Max
01-01-2024, 12:11 PM
I like the spread. Money will go on the Fish.

Yes. It’s a trap…for those who take the 3 points.

Novacane
01-01-2024, 12:17 PM

Yes. The same look they had since the Cinci playoff game last year.

notacon
01-01-2024, 12:31 PM

Nope.

In fact, I get the sense that Buffalo looks like they want to prove to the world that they are credible Super Bowl contenders (which they undoubtedly ARE) despite the outside clatter.

Jordan Poyer echos what the sense is around this team from the players....

“The sky’s the limit, really,” Poyer said. “We’re just in the moment. There was a lot of stuff that’s being said outside this locker room by a lot of different people.

“Do we care? Absolutely not.” (https://theathletic.com/5172219/2023/12/31/buffalo-bills-patriots-dolphins/)

Chet
01-01-2024, 12:37 PM
Nope.

In fact, I get the sense that Buffalo looks like they want to prove to the world that they are credible Super Bowl contenders (which they undoubtedly ARE) despite the outside clatter.

Jordan Poyer echos what the sense is around this team from the players....

“The sky’s the limit, really,” Poyer said. “We’re just in the moment. There was a lot of stuff that’s being said outside this locker room by a lot of different people.

“Do we care? Absolutely not.” (https://theathletic.com/5172219/2023/12/31/buffalo-bills-patriots-dolphins/)
Talk is cheap though. They were all full of inspiration and backs against the wall platitudes when Hamlin nearly dieded last year. Played a horrible Week 18 game and if not for Nyheim Hines that could’ve gone different.

When Bailey Zappe and the 4-11 Patriots come to your house and turn the ball over 4 times, that game needs to be over by halftime. HALFTIME.

They’re still a good team, but they’re like an iPhone 11 or 12 now where they need constant updates and the battery charge is getting worse and worse.

notacon
01-01-2024, 12:41 PM
Talk is cheap though. They were all full of inspiration and backs against the wall platitudes when Hamlin nearly dieded last year. Played a horrible Week 18 game and if not for Nyheim Hines that could’ve gone different.

When Bailey Zappe and the 4-11 Patriots come to your house and turn the ball over 4 times, that game needs to be over by halftime. HALFTIME.

They’re still a good team, but they’re like an iPhone 11 or 12 now where they need constant updates and the battery charge is getting worse and worse.

:rofl: Yeah....the "talk is cheap" is coming from sour puss Negative Nancy's like YOU!!!!!!

Poyer is dissing YOU Chet. And he is spot on in ignoring the crap coming from the cheap seat living room couch "experts" that are not experts at all, except in dishing piles of bullcrap. :rolleyes:

Chet
01-01-2024, 12:48 PM
:rofl: Yeah....the "talk is cheap" is coming from sour puss Negative Nancy's like YOU!!!!!!

Poyer is dissing YOU Chet. And he is spot on in ignoring the crap coming from the cheap seat living room couch "experts" that are not experts at all, except in dishing piles of bullcrap. :rolleyes:
Mate, would sports journalists, fans, etc be doing their job if they didn’t question the Bills after their last 2 performances? Look at this like a normal human being and not a Bills fan. Beat up on the Dallas Cowboys then hold on for dear life against Youngstown State and Hofstra?

Btw, Happy New Year ya old codger

Mad Max
01-01-2024, 01:16 PM
Mate, would sports journalists, fans, etc be doing their job if they didn’t question the Bills after their last 2 performances? Look at this like a normal human being and not a Bills fan. Beat up on the Dallas Cowboys then hold on for dear life against Youngstown State and Hofstra?

serious question Chet…you say “mate” a lot…are you Aussie/Kiwi?

Chet
01-01-2024, 01:26 PM
serious question Chet…you say “mate” a lot…are you Aussie/Kiwi?
:rofl:good catch

No, but I’ve been working almost exclusively with Brits, Aussies and South Africans in the medical/security sector since Russia invaded in February 2022. Every bit of written or verbal correspondence involves “mate” or “c*nt”

Talked to my brother over the phone today for New Years and mistakenly called him mate. He was like who tf am I talking to?

Mad Max
01-01-2024, 02:54 PM
:rofl:good catch

No, but I’ve been working almost exclusively with Brits, Aussies and South Africans in the medical/security sector since Russia invaded in February 2022. Every bit of written or verbal correspondence involves “mate” or “c*nt”

Talked to my brother over the phone today for New Years and mistakenly called him mate. He was like who tf am I talking to?

Hahahah so it’s not just in the movies they really do love those words.

Cheers mate!

Forward_Lateral
01-01-2024, 03:05 PM
Talk is cheap, but they’ve won 4 in a row when it mattered.

But yeah, they are definitely mailing it in.

Gimme a break

notacon
01-02-2024, 12:14 PM

A classic non-denial denial.

The Bills did NOT "hold on for dear life" vs either LAC or the Pats. Unless you redefine the meaning of "hold on for dear life"

I re-watched the Pats game (condensed version on NFL+) and there was no question that the Bills were going to win that game. None. Not at any time. There was NO "hold (ing) on for dear life"...NONE!!!

I suspect that more "sports journalists" (I don't care much for fans opinions) praised the Bills for winning the past two games, and recognize that they are one of the hottest teams with a four game winning streak (beating two of the NFL elite teams), and the amazing five wins in the past six games, coming back from the brink of a 5-5 record after the dismal Denver loss (the only loss in OT vs Philly that they should have won). I could quote them all, but. what's the use to a "fan" who said "I’m rooting for them to lose from here on out" (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/263978-Proud-of-this-team-so-far?p=5048014&viewfull=1#post5048014) way back in week #5 when they were 3-2 and hates the Bills and their coaches so much that he wants to BLOW IT ALL UP!!!

Pure insanity considering the Bills just broke a franchise record with their FIFTH season with at least 10 wins. The team with the second best current NFL streak of four consecutive (soon to be FIVE) playoff appearances, and the team the the second most wins (57, KC is #1 with 62).

Like I said, Poyer is talking directly to know-nothing, quitter "fans" like you when he says

Anyway....Happy New Year to you ya young whippersnapper.

Chet
01-03-2024, 09:45 AM
A classic non-denial denial.

The Bills did NOT "hold on for dear life" vs either LAC or the Pats. Unless you redefine the meaning of "hold on for dear life"

I re-watched the Pats game (condensed version on NFL+) and there was no question that the Bills were going to win that game. None. Not at any time. There was NO "hold (ing) on for dear life"...NONE!!!

I suspect that more "sports journalists" (I don't care much for fans opinions) praised the Bills for winning the past two games, and recognize that they are one of the hottest teams with a four game winning streak (beating two of the NFL elite teams), and the amazing five wins in the past six games, coming back from the brink of a 5-5 record after the dismal Denver loss (the only loss in OT vs Philly that they should have won). I could quote them all, but. what's the use to a "fan" who said "I’m rooting for them to lose from here on out" (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/263978-Proud-of-this-team-so-far?p=5048014&viewfull=1#post5048014) way back in week #5 when they were 3-2 and hates the Bills and their coaches so much that he wants to BLOW IT ALL UP!!!

Pure insanity considering the Bills just broke a franchise record with their FIFTH season with at least 10 wins. The team with the second best current NFL streak of four consecutive (soon to be FIVE) playoff appearances, and the team the the second most wins (57, KC is #1 with 62).

Like I said, Poyer is talking directly to know-nothing, quitter "fans" like you when he says

Anyway....Happy New Year to you ya young whippersnapper.
I guess we'll see Sunday, won't we?

There's a golden opportunity to salvage this dumpster fire of a season now that the Fins have several key starters out.

The Bills will either lick their wounds and scurry across the road or just wait for the next semi truck to come along and end this hellish charade once and for all.

notacon
01-03-2024, 01:16 PM
I guess we'll see Sunday, won't we?

There's a golden opportunity to salvage this dumpster fire of a season now that the Fins have several key starters out.

The Bills will either lick their wounds and scurry across the road or just wait for the next semi truck to come along and end this hellish charade once and for all.

THAT'S THE POINT!!!!

As I have been saying for quite some time, best to wait until the Bills are dead before burying them.

As opposed to what YOU and a few others that insist on quitting on the team literally months ago.

In any event unless the Bills get totally blown out this week (which would be an anomaly since they have NOT lost a game by more than 6 points all season)....calls to "blow the team up" would be stupid, stupid, stupid.

Chet
01-03-2024, 01:49 PM
THAT'S THE POINT!!!!

As I have been saying for quite some time, best to wait until the Bills are dead before burying them.

As opposed to what YOU and a few others that insist on quitting on the team literally months ago.

In any event unless the Bills get totally blown out this week (which would be an anomaly since they have NOT lost a game by more than 6 points all season)....calls to "blow the team up" would be stupid, stupid, stupid.
If the Bills lose this weekend (don’t care the margin) and you think it’s in the best interest to bring the band back, then you’re slipping into senility. For this team to have six, let alone seven losses is unforgivable. No amount of sunny side stats and your RSS feeds for any positive Bills content on the internets will change that.

Winners win and losers lose. If you keep losing, you make changes. It’s the simplest of concepts yet you don’t seem to grasp it.
Your comeback will be something along the lines of…”blah blah blah look what the Bills were before McDermott, we should be grateful for his steadying hand of mediocrity.”

Sentimentality is not a stance, and it’s horrible business sense in an uber-competitive market. Frankly, it’s loser-talk from people who are typically stepped on and just accepting of anything

notacon
01-03-2024, 02:53 PM
If the Bills lose this weekend (don’t care the margin) and you think it’s in the best interest to bring the band back, then you’re slipping into senility. For this team to have six, let alone seven losses is unforgivable. No amount of sunny side stats and your RSS feeds for any positive Bills content on the internets will change that.

Winners win and losers lose. If you keep losing, you make changes. It’s the simplest of concepts yet you don’t seem to grasp it.
Your comeback will be something along the lines of…”blah blah blah look what the Bills were before McDermott, we should be grateful for his steadying hand of mediocrity.”

Sentimentality is not a stance, and it’s horrible business sense in an uber-competitive market. Frankly, it’s loser-talk from people who are typically stepped on and just accepting of anything

Please. Go tell someone who cares about your anti-Bills bias bullcrap. You made it well known what your mindset is months ago ("I’m rooting for them to lose from here on out (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/263978-Proud-of-this-team-so-far?p=5048014&viewfull=1#post5048014)") and I strongly suspect that NO ONE on or around the team (or ANY real Bills fan) gives two craps what garbage you have to say....and why should they.

THANK GOD you have NO SAY WHATSOEVER what happens to this team or how it is run....and NEVER, EVER will.

Chet
01-03-2024, 02:57 PM
Please. Go tell someone who cares about your anti-Bills bias bullcrap. You made it well known what your mindset is months ago ("I’m rooting for them to lose from here on out (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/263978-Proud-of-this-team-so-far?p=5048014&viewfull=1#post5048014)") and I strongly suspect that NO ONE on or around the team (or ANY real Bills fan) gives two craps what garbage you have to say....and why should they.

THANK GOD you have NO SAY WHATSOEVER what happens to this team or how it is run....and NEVER, EVER will.

But they care deeply about what you have to say:rofl:

notacon
01-04-2024, 12:46 PM
But they care deeply about what you have to say:rofl:

I'm glad you have recognized reality. :D:

Seriously, if any player or employee of the Bills read our respective posts, which would they react with disgust and (probably) a degree of genuine anger and which would they care more about???

The answer is obvious.

NO ONE likes a QUITTER.

Chet
01-04-2024, 02:06 PM
I'm glad you have recognized reality. :D:

Seriously, if any player or employee of the Bills read our respective posts, which would they react with disgust and (probably) a degree of genuine anger and which would they care more about???

The answer is obvious.

NO ONE likes a QUITTER.
Any franchise would like a homer fan more because they can grift them in perpetuity, regardless of whether or not the team met expectations.

Woodman
01-05-2024, 08:59 AM
NO ONE likes a QUITTER.

:bandwagon once you fall off there's no reentry.

notacon
01-05-2024, 12:22 PM
Any franchise would like a homer fan more because they can grift them in perpetuity, regardless of whether or not the team met expectations.
Except I am not a "homer". Literally NO ONE on this site is a"homer". NO ONE!!!!

But we have more than enough Negative Nancy's that are unquestionably compromised and infested with extreme ANTI-BILLS bias that makes them losers and quitters.

Some of them sound much more like Pats, or Fins, or Jets fans than Buffalo Bills fans.

In FACT, if one visits any of the forums of the Bills competitors, there is significantly more respect shown toward the Bills than these quitter here (that proclaim to be Bills "fans", but are nothing of the sort)

Chet
01-05-2024, 12:25 PM
Except I am not a "homer". Literally NO ONE on this site is a"homer". NO ONE!!!!

But we have more than enough Negative Nancy's that are unquestionably compromised and infested with extreme ANTI-BILLS bias that makes them losers and quitters.

Some of them sound much more like Pats, or Fins, or Jets fans than Buffalo Bills fans.

In FACT, if one visits any of the forums of the Bills competitors, there is significantly more respect shown toward the Bills than these quitter here (that proclaim to be Bills "fans", but are nothing of the sort)
You are the textbook definition of a homer.

If you can't recognize that then perhaps it's time to up your dose of Namenda

POTLAND PSILBYLO
01-05-2024, 02:44 PM
I'm a homer.

https://static.simpsonswiki.com/images/thumb/8/80/Buffalo_Bills_Flag.png/250px-Buffalo_Bills_Flag.png

cas22
01-06-2024, 09:37 AM
the line started off Bills -3 now its Bills -2 1/2 that means most are betting on the Bills, ...

Chet
01-06-2024, 09:59 AM
This could be a positive outcome either way. Either win and wrestle the division away from Miami, or—if McDermott is on sudden-death probation—we get new blood in here.

I can see him keeping his job if he loses to Baltimore in the AFCCG, but it’s been our turn for 3 years now (this year included) and coaching has held us back from reaching a SB for 2+ years now. A coaching decision effectively ended the competitive phase of the 2020 AFCCG too, but the Bills likely weren’t good enough to beat KC anyways.

Should be pretty simple math for McD. If you keep winning, you keep working. Any loss prior to February 11th and it’s time to hit the bricks

BuffaloBlitz83
01-06-2024, 12:28 PM
the line started off Bills -3 now its Bills -2 1/2 that means most are betting on the Bills, ...

Also means some sharp money came in late on miami which dropped the spread the .5 point

notacon
01-06-2024, 02:04 PM
You are the textbook definition of a homer.

If you can't recognize that then perhaps it's time to up your dose of Namenda

:rofl: You literally have NO ****ING IDEA what being a "homer" is. NONE!!!!

Chet
01-06-2024, 02:41 PM
Would you agree that every fan base in the NFL has its homers?

Woodman
01-06-2024, 08:46 PM

I don't see it.

justasportsfan
01-06-2024, 09:14 PM

If there is one on this board, it's you.

Skooby
01-07-2024, 07:51 AM
OP liking Justa posts means the end of the world is near, cats & dogs living together

Woodman
01-07-2024, 08:24 AM
OP liking Justa posts means the end of the world is near, cats & dogs living together

:cheers:

I did a doubletake.

Chet
01-07-2024, 08:26 AM

Some truths are just self-evident

cas22
01-07-2024, 10:51 AM
Also means some sharp money came in late on miami which dropped the spread the .5 point

thats true,,

BuffaloBlitz83
01-07-2024, 11:07 AM
thats true,,

Moved back up to 3

Woodman
01-07-2024, 11:15 AM
Moved back up to 3

Be interested to see what it is by 4pm.

notacon
01-07-2024, 11:48 AM

That's irreverent and besides the point.

Again, You literally have NO ****ING IDEA what being a "homer" is. NONE!!!!

Chet
01-07-2024, 12:36 PM
That's irreverent and besides the point.

Again, You literally have NO ****ING IDEA what being a "homer" is. NONE!!!!
It’s you. There’s nobody worse than you on this site as far as homer takes and whiteknighting for underachieving players and coaches.

You are welcome to find evidence to the contrary. We’ll wait

justasportsfan
01-08-2024, 11:31 AM

the funny thing between OPiv and I is that our predictions are not far off from each others. He's just a glass empty kinda guy, I just like busting his chops for being a debbie downer. He embraces his role as the devils advocate here on bz.

Woodman
01-08-2024, 12:00 PM
the funny thing between OPiv and I is that our predictions are not far off from each others. He's just a glass empty kinda guy, I just like busting his chops for being a debbie downer. He embraces his role as the devils advocate here on bz.

notacon
01-09-2024, 12:30 PM
It’s you. There’s nobody worse than you on this site as far as homer takes and whiteknighting for underachieving players and coaches.

You are welcome to find evidence to the contrary. We’ll wait

:rofl: You are a glutton for punishment, aren’t you.

You STILL show zero comprehension of what being a “homer” is, and you make it worse by using your insipid (and silly) definition to falsely accuse me….and then make it exponentially more obtuse when, instead of presenting ANY evidence (which when making an accusation the onus to provide evidence is the ACCUSER’S responsibility.

Instead you lazily (and quite stupidly) try and put the burden on ME to “prove” a negative.

Jesus. How ****ing lame!!!

I have well over 30,000 posts so it should be quite easy for you to provide (in FULL CONTEXT) and with links what you are accusing.

Good luck with that since in FACT I have called out the offense many, many, many, many, many times and in particular Josh Allen many, many, many times.

I WAS THE ONE who started the thread.....The Bills Have a QB Problem (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/261680-The-Bills-Have-a-QB-Problem) combined with my repeated fact and evidence based criticism of the offense illustrates the OPPOSITE of the bowel movement you are dumping.

When Dorsey was fired I was the one who observed that YOU were the one failing to put much blame where it belongs (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/264100-Time-to-fire-dorsey?p=5060920&viewfull=1#post5060920)….ON THE PLAYERS…which is exactly what you falsely accuse me of doing….” whiteknighting for underachieving players…”

I was also the one who wrote this…. “Josh Allen, although he is an elite QB, is NOT playing like one AT ALL most of this season. Right now, he is a liability (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/264363-Ken-Dorsey-was-just-fired%E2%80%A6?p=5061650&viewfull=1#post5061650).”

On the other hand, I have accurately observed that your posts show a QUITTER mindset.

Here is how you prove an accusation….by presenting linked quotes that show EXACTLY what I have observed…

“I’m rooting for them to lose from here on out, only a coaching change and roster turnover can fix this (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/263978-Proud-of-this-team-so-far?p=5048014&viewfull=1#post5048014)”

That was when the team was 3-2. Of course we already know that your rooting interest was an utter failure as the team went 8-4 since then, and not only won the AFCE but earned the #2 seed.

And this gem of loser and quitter talk before the BIG win at K…

“This season is over unless they win out, which is a virtual impossibility with Marty leading the way.

I’m betting on the Bills to win this weekend but they have another 2 losses in them the rest of the way with the ginger eunuch leading us.” (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/264499-If-Bills-beat-KC-Buffalo?p=5065449&viewfull=1#post5065449)

The Bills went ahead on DID “win out” and their season is NOT “over”.

Of course, I was the one who 100% accurately predicted this after the BLOW OUT WIN vs Dallas….

TODAY, I am predicting that the Bills WIN OUT and WIN the AFCE title (after Miami loses at least one of the games vs Dallas and Baltimore) (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/264572-Are-the-Cowboys-frauds-or-are-the-Bills-for-real?p=5068719&viewfull=1#post5068719)

Take your insipid, false accusations and try to sell them to someone who is as clueless as you are.