• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kscdogbillsfan1221
    • Nov 2007

What would you consider

To be a season failure

obviously, everyone wants to get to win the superbowl, but I’m not a Super Bowl or bust guy.

id consider the season to be a failure if anything less than an afc championship appearance was achieved

your thoughts?
    I came.
    I saw.
    I conquered.
  • jamze132
    Don’t hate…
    • Jun 2003

Re: What would you consider

Interesting question. If you’d have asked me before the season started, I’d say conference championship. But since we **** the bed against mediocre teams throughout the season, I said let’s just make the playoffs.

The last two wins haven’t been sexy but they’re Ws which is what you need to do late in the season. Now we have a legit shot at winning the friggin division and hosting a playoff game and at this point it’s what I expect.

Comment

• sukie
      Seriously?
      • Sep 2012

The fact that they are playing for the division a month removed from 6-6 is short of a miracle. If somehow they lose and miss playoffs… that is what it is.

sone great things came from this year. Benford and Bernard (43especially) stepped up and Dodson greatly improved to not only replace Edmunds but truly softened the Milano blow

Shakir stepped up. Very dependable. Kincaid is heading toward being a beast.

the D Line got way better pressure. The sack issue evaporated.

will things change? Yup. Bills will get younger over the next 2 years.

THIS season? Best Miami and get #2 and that is a success all things considered… after that it’s gravy

Comment

• Novacane
        • Jul 2002

AFC championship game at a minimum. If they beat Miami they get at least two home games. Losing a playoff game at home would be a kick in the balls.

Comment

• YardRat
          Well, lookie here...
          • Dec 2004

Screw silver linings, AFC championship win or it's failure.
          YardRat Wall of Fame
          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
            Screw silver linings, AFC championship win or it's failure.
            This. After the 2020 season, the goal was to get out of the AFC. That team was young and probably overachieved a bit. But they should be getting more experienced and getting better. That’s the best they’ve done so far with Allen, McD and Beane so that’s the benchmark.

And the cap gets ugly after this year so this might be the last real **** for a while.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
              We play to win the game!
              • Oct 2009

Originally posted by jamze132 View Post
              Interesting question. If you’d have asked me before the season started, I’d say conference championship. But since we **** the bed against mediocre teams throughout the season, I said let’s just make the playoffs.

The last two wins haven’t been sexy but they’re Ws which is what you need to do late in the season. Now we have a legit shot at winning the friggin division and hosting a playoff game and at this point it’s what I expect.
              Super Bowl win is the expectation. Anything less is a disappointment

Comment

• Typ0
                honey pie
                • Jul 2002

I say win this week and all considered the season is quite a success. Lose this week and the season is a glaring failure. So we aren't in a horrible position but the outcome of a L is weighty.

Comment

• Ingtar33
                  Dances With Buffaloes
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                  This. After the 2020 season, the goal was to get out of the AFC. That team was young and probably overachieved a bit. But they should be getting more experienced and getting better. That’s the best they’ve done so far with Allen, McD and Beane so that’s the benchmark.

And the cap gets ugly after this year so this might be the last real **** for a while.
                  I think if this year we can't even get into the afc championship they probably start an in process rebuild. dump some big contracts, like Diggs (after june he's like a 14 mil hit on the cap, but we'd save like 13 mil) and Mitch Morse (oddly von miller costs too much to cut, he'd be like a 40 million cap hit to cut this off season, and his salary cap number is only 23... cheaper to keep him), let davis sign elsewhere, pick up a wr in round 1 this year

really the two biggest cap savings on our roster are in Diggs and Morse; makes me wonder if diggs extension last offseason was designed for this in mind. Allen's cap number really hits big this offseason, so maybe we kick that can down the road somehow...

sadly I'm beginning to wonder if part of Allen's struggles this year are a bit of a "Odel Beckham Jr effect"; it seems like he gets really inefficient trying to get the ball to diggs; and frankly diggs is struggling to get open this year. I really love his spirit and drive, I think you need a guy who wants to win as hard as he does on your roster (or 20 of them) but the suspicion i've got this year is allen's struggles really only when he's making an effort to get the ball to diggs. It might be best for offensive efficiency to let the best wr on our roster walk (and yeah i know that sounds insane) unless we're going to go out and get a weapon to pair with him to make taking away diggs harder... and frankly i don't think we need to spend that type of money on WR with so many great ones coming out of the draft every year. I'd like to get bigger and faster at WR...
                  My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Historian
                    2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                    • Dec 2002

For me, missing the playoffs would make for a disappointing season.

Just get in and see how it goes...even if they win the division and lose a Wild Card game I would be happy, given all the defensive injuries this year.

Comment

• Jimkelly12203
                      • Jun 2015

We've got about 4-5 more years with Josh Allen at his prime. Maybe as many as 10 if he drastically changes the way he plays. Thing is, the "way he plays" is what makes him great. And he hasn't looked all that great lately.

So i say we have 4 or 5 years to make this work. We aren't going to get another QB of this caliber in my life time.

I feel like this is it. We will either win one really soon, or i'll die as a fan of a team that never won one.

As for this particular year? I don't think we're that good. So maybe that means we're destined to win it all. Because the year when we were far and away the best team in the NFL (2020) we lost in 13 seconds.

Its funny how quickly i've replaced my hatred for the Patriots with a new found hatred of the Chiefs with their ugly red uniforms. The fact that they now whine and complain on a weekly basis when they don't get every single call their way only reinforces it. I want the Chiefs in Buffalo. And i want to utterly destroy them!
                      All Hail Josh Allen! Savior of the Buffalo Bills!

Freedom for the Ukraine. Down with Putin and every traitor in this country that supports him.

Comment

• notacon
                        • Aug 2012

Too premature to answer this question.

I'll wait until the season is over.

Comment

• Mad Max
                          Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
                          • Mar 2003

The defensive injuries and season-long uneven offensive play have lowered my minimum acceptable performance threshold to getting into the playoffs.

This season we’d be playing with house money in the playoffs therefore if/when we lose I won’t consider it a failure. And you never know…

Comment

• imbondz
                            Democrats are people too
                            • Jan 2003

Until Josh retires or moves to another team, in general, anything less than a Super Bowl title is a failure. We should be past the good level and should be elite every season.
                            My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• Chet
                              Allenhu Joshbar
                              • Feb 2017

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                              Screw silver linings, AFC championship win or its failure.
                              Absolutely. I don’t give a **** that they were 6-6. They dug that hole themselves despite a down year in the AFC.

I’m sick of watching us lose because of coaching and mental mistakes

Comment

Working...
                              X