PDA

View Full Version : Is Buffalo a nightmare matchup for Miami

BuffaloBlitz83
01-02-2024, 07:45 PM
I think I read they lost 9 of last 10 to the Bills. The one loss we should have won too as that was the game we needed an extra second to spike it when mckenzi didn't go out of bounds.

9 of 10 is domination. I know Allen has had big games vs them but I think also McDermott and Frazier over years have defensively owned them on D.

OpIv37
01-02-2024, 07:52 PM
Miami can’t have too much confidence after that drubbing last weekend, but the Bills just barely got wins against franchises that are in complete disarray 2 weeks in a row.

No one who watched those games considers us a nightmare.

Kenny
01-02-2024, 08:34 PM
Well, I view it more of 3-1 since that's when McDaniels took over.

We crushed them in the first game this year, but any of those 3 games last year could have went either way (and we lucked out in the playoffs because they had to start their 3rd string QB). They just got demolished by Baltimore, and they're playing at home this Sunday - I'm not too sure they're shaking in their boots.

This is going to be a tough game... they're a much tougher opponent than either the Chargers or Patriots.

sukie
01-02-2024, 08:41 PM
It’s better weather than in OP this weekend. No home weather advantage

BuffaloBlitz83
01-02-2024, 08:41 PM
Well, I view it more of 3-1 since that's when McDaniels took over.

We crushed them in the first game this year, but any of those 3 games last year could have went either way (and we lucked out in the playoffs because they had to start their 3rd string QB). They just got demolished by Baltimore, and they're playing at home this Sunday - I'm not too sure they're shaking in their boots.

This is going to be a tough game... they're a much tougher opponent than either the Chargers or Patriots.

Also let's step on there throat and remind them 1 more time the afc east comes through Western NY.

If Miami really blows a 3 game lead in last 4 weeks. Where does that rank all time in chokes

sukie
01-02-2024, 08:43 PM
Also let's step on there throat and remind them 1 more time the afc east comes through Western NY.

If Miami really blows a 3 game lead in last 4 weeks. Where does that rank all time in chokes
Hey now, don’t choke your chickens before they… err — that didn’t come out right.

Goobylal
01-02-2024, 09:27 PM
I think I read they lost 9 of last 10 to the Bills. The one loss we should have won too as that was the game we needed an extra second to spike it when mckenzi didn't go out of bounds.

9 of 10 is domination. I know Allen has had big games vs them but I think also McDermott and Frazier over years have defensively owned them on D.

Josh is 10-2 against Miami. The first loss was his first game against them, where Charles Clay dropped a sure TD catch that would have won the game. The 2nd loss was last year where the Bills were coming off a Monday Night game and then had to play in the heat of Miami, which was a travesty (give them either a full week to rest and prepare or a home game and they win).

Earlier this year the Bills easily defeated them. The Dols were far healthier then than they are now, while the Bills are finally getting back to almost full health. And since the game will be at night, there won't be any heat/sun factor, while there's always a large Bills contingent there.

Goobylal
01-02-2024, 09:48 PM
Actually you could say Josh is a nightmare for them. In those 12 games, he's scored 39 TDs and committed 11 turnovers (7 INTs and 4 lost fumbles).

jamze132
01-02-2024, 09:58 PM
Buffalo seems to play to their opponent’s potential so I expect us to drop 30+ and win.

TheConsigliere
01-02-2024, 11:50 PM
Buffalo seems to play to their opponent’s potential so I expect us to drop 30+ and win.

That’s right.

sukie
01-03-2024, 06:54 AM
The scars of the seventies run deep. Nothing would tickle me than to

1. romp in ridiculous fashion. (Then quickly lurk at Fin Heaven for all the wordy deliciousness

2. have Miami go to Arrowhead and repeat the last bit of #1.

notacon
01-03-2024, 01:04 PM
Miami can’t have too much confidence after that drubbing last weekend, but the Bills just barely got wins against franchises that are in complete disarray 2 weeks in a row.

:rofl: As usual you are demonstrably WRONG!!!

I've already given examples of ex-NFL players that have said exactly the opposite of the sour puss crap (as usual) you are pimping. I'm not putting in the effort to link to all those in the NFL that refute your crap. It's tiresome to keep on showing how badly you are wrong.

OpIv37
01-03-2024, 01:06 PM
:rofl: As usual you are demonstrably WRONG!!!

I've already given examples of ex-NFL players that have said exactly the opposite of the sour puss crap (as usual) you are pimping. I'm not putting in the effort to link to all those in the NFL that refute your crap. It's tiresome to keep on showing how badly you are wrong.

Don't really care what some ex-players looking for screen time/internet clicks say. The Bills looked like crap the last two games and they will lose to Miami if they play that poorly again. It's the same **** that it's been all season. We never know what team will show up.

notacon
01-03-2024, 01:07 PM
Josh is 10-2 against Miami. The first loss was his first game against them, where Charles Clay dropped a sure TD catch that would have won the game. The 2nd loss was last year where the Bills were coming off a Monday Night game and then had to play in the heat of Miami, which was a travesty (give them either a full week to rest and prepare or a home game and they win).

Earlier this year the Bills easily defeated them. The Dols were far healthier then than they are now, while the Bills are finally getting back to almost full health. And since the game will be at night, there won't be any heat/sun factor, while there's always a large Bills contingent there.

Actually you could say Josh is a nightmare for them. In those 12 games, he's scored 39 TDs and committed 11 turnovers (7 INTs and 4 lost fumbles).

Spot on.

Once again here are the facts on how much Josh has dominated the Fins since he's been in the NFL....

<tbody>

C
A
%
Yrds
TD
INT
Rush
Yrds
Avg
TD

Week 4 2023 @Bills
Bills 48-20
84%

Wild Card 2022 @Bills
Bills 34-31
59%

Week 15 2022 @Bills
Bills 32-29
63%

Week 4 2022 @Fins
Miami 21-19
67%

Week 8 2021 @Bills
Bills 26-11
69%

Week 2 2021 @Fins
Bills 35-0
52%

Week 17 2020 @Bills
Bills 56-26
72%

Week 2 2020 @Fins
Bills 31-28
69%

Week 11 2019 @Fins
Bills 37-20
64%

Week 7 2019 @Bills
Bills 31-21
62%

Week 17 2018 @Bills
Bills 42-17
65%

Week 13 2018 @Fins
Miami 21-17
55%

10-2

63%

TL TD's

Avg TD's per game

</tbody>
<style>table {mso-displayed-decimal-separator:"\."; mso-displayed-thousand-separator:"\,";}tr {mso-height-source:auto;}col {mso-width-source:auto;}br {mso-data-placement:same-cell;}td {padding-top:1px; padding-right:1px; padding-left:1px; mso-ignore:padding; color:black; font-size:11.0pt; font-weight:400; font-style:normal; text-decoration:none; font-family:Verdana, sans-serif; mso-font-charset:0; mso-number-format:General; text-align:general; vertical-align:bottom; border:none; mso-background-source:auto; mso-pattern:auto; mso-protection:locked visible; white-space:nowrap; mso-rotate:0;}.xl65 {text-align:center;}.xl66 {font-size:10.0pt; text-align:center; border:.5pt solid windowtext;}.xl67 {font-size:10.0pt; text-align:left; border:.5pt solid windowtext;}.xl68 {font-size:10.0pt; text-align:right; border:.5pt solid windowtext;}.xl69 {font-size:10.0pt; border:.5pt solid windowtext;}.xl70 {font-size:10.0pt; mso-number-format:"\@"; text-align:center; border:.5pt solid windowtext;}.xl71 {font-size:10.0pt; mso-number-format:0%; text-align:center; border:.5pt solid windowtext;}.xl72 {font-size:10.0pt; mso-number-format:"0\.0"; text-align:center; border:.5pt solid windowtext;}</style>

notacon
01-03-2024, 01:11 PM
Don't really care what some ex-players looking for screen time/internet clicks say. The Bills looked like crap the last two games and they will lose to Miami if they play that poorly again. It's the same **** that it's been all season. We never know what team will show up.

Don't really care what some sour puss, biased Negative Nancy suffering from deep anti-Bills psychosis say who has been ****ting on the Bills for years no matter what they do and been found to be wrong so many times that it's a given that it's safe to ignore what you write.

imbondz
01-03-2024, 01:12 PM
Buffalo isn’t a nightmare matchup for anyone this year.

OpIv37
01-03-2024, 01:18 PM
Don't really care what some sour puss, biased Negative Nancy suffering from deep anti-Bills psychosis say who has been ****ting on the Bills for years no matter what they do and been found to be wrong so many times that it's a given that it's safe to ignore what you write.

Ok. You watched the two games. They looked like crap and barely squeaked out wins against bad teams. But you can't trust your own eyes because that ruins your delusion about how good this team is. "Op said they looked bad and Op's a sourpuss so that must not be true!" Mind-**** yourself however you need to.

notacon
01-03-2024, 02:45 PM
Ok. You watched the two games. They looked like crap and barely squeaked out wins against bad teams. But you can't trust your own eyes because that ruins your delusion about how good this team is. "Op said they looked bad and Op's a sourpuss so that must not be true!" Mind-**** yourself however you need to.

That is FALSE. Take off your anti-Bills bias glasses.

justasportsfan
01-03-2024, 02:55 PM

I hope they overlook the fact that we've dominated the fins themselves, Cowboys and chiefs.

Forward_Lateral

They also beat the Chiefs and beat the living hell out of the Cowboys.

They are like every other team in the NFL this year, even the Ravens. Teams can't just blow the doors off of opponents every week.

From here on out, who cares how they win, as long as they win. Would you cry if they won the Superbowl 3-0?

OpIv37
That is FALSE. Take off your anti-Bills bias glasses.

Lmao. They played like crap the last two weeks. They BARELY beat two bad teams. You're literally the ONLY one who doesn't see it. And you call me biased? Holy ****.

justasportsfan
01-03-2024, 02:56 PM

in terms of dominating bad teams, I agree. But the chiefs , cows and fins will tell you a different thing.

notacon
01-03-2024, 02:59 PM
Lmao. They played like crap the last two weeks. They BARELY beat two bad teams. You're literally the ONLY one who doesn't see it. And you call me biased? Holy ****.

FALSE!!!!!

As I already accurately pointed out..."I've already given examples of ex-NFL players that have said exactly the opposite of the sour puss crap (as usual) you are pimping. I'm not putting in the effort to link to all those in the NFL that refute your crap. It's tiresome to keep on showing how badly you are wrong."

- - - Updated - - -

FALSE!!!!

OpIv37
01-03-2024, 03:01 PM
FALSE!!!!!

As I already accurately pointed out..."I've already given examples of ex-NFL players that have said exactly the opposite of the sour puss crap (as usual) you are pimping. I'm not putting in the effort to link to all those in the NFL that refute your crap. It's tiresome to keep on showing how badly you are wrong."

- - - Updated - - -

FALSE!!!!

I don't care what anyone said. I watched the games live. They played like crap, period. There's no point in discussing anything with you if you won't acknowledge this basic reality.

Forward_Lateral
01-03-2024, 03:09 PM
What everyone is over looking is that the Patriots had won 2 of 3 coming into the Bills game, beating the Steelers and Broncos, losing to the Chiefs in between. They were playing their best football of the season, and hadn't rolled over for anyone since week 5.

Anyone with a brain knew this wasn't going to be a cake walk win, and the final score actually told a story of a closer game that it actually was. It's the NFL, wins aren't free.

justasportsfan
01-03-2024, 03:10 PM
FALSE!!!!

its true...............................the bills dont scare bad teams. We suck when we play them..... If we beat the fins again, then we will be a nightmare for good teams since that all who are playing in the playoffs.

Forward_Lateral
01-03-2024, 03:13 PM
its true...............................the bills dont scare bad teams. We suck when we play them..... If we beat the fins again, then we will be a nightmare for good teams since that all who are playing in the playoffs.
They have blown a few mediocre teams out this year. I can think of 3 without looking it up.

Point is, it's the NFL. When's the last time you saw a team completely dominate an entire season? I can really on think of one team, and they ended up getting handed their only loss in the superbowl

imbondz
01-03-2024, 03:16 PM
Would you cry if they won the Superbowl 3-0?

yes I would be in the fetal position crying like a baby.

Forward_Lateral
01-03-2024, 03:17 PM
yes I would be in the fetal position crying like a baby.
I worded that wrong, lol

I think we all would be some form of crying. Sobbing with joy, crying because we are so happy we don't know what else to do.

Myself, I wouldn't know whether to chit or go blind

Woodman
01-03-2024, 03:19 PM
WHEN we beat the fins again, then we will be a nightmare for good teams since that all who are playing in the playoffs.

Fixed it for you!

OpIv37
01-03-2024, 09:20 PM
They have blown a few mediocre teams out this year. I can think of 3 without looking it up.

Point is, it's the NFL. When's the last time you saw a team completely dominate an entire season? I can really on think of one team, and they ended up getting handed their only loss in the superbowl

When was the last time you saw a team that was actually good struggle so frequently against bad teams?

You can point out that the Pats have been playing better lately. It doesn’t change that the Bills have struggled against weak teams since the very first game.

cookie G
01-03-2024, 09:35 PM
When was the last time you saw a team that was actually good struggle so frequently against bad teams?

You can point out that the Pats have been playing better lately. It doesn’t change that the Bills have struggled against weak teams since the very first game.

Uh, last December, the Chiefs barely beat a 4 win Denver team in December (game 1), was taken of OT by a 3 win Texans team, and then had to come from behind in the 4th quarter 2 weeks later to beat the same 4 win Denver team...coached by Nathaniel Hackett. They ended up winning the SB, with a *.

You asked.

BuffaloBlitz83
01-03-2024, 09:45 PM

Kc this year.

justasportsfan
01-03-2024, 10:04 PM

You like to choose certain facts that play into your negativity. When have you seen a team that sucks dominate good teams like the bills have done this year?
I get it, the bills are a Jekyll and Hyde team. Either one can show up .but you speak as if only one is going to be there.

OpIv37
01-03-2024, 10:22 PM
You like to choose certain facts that play into your negativity. When have you seen a team that sucks dominate good teams like the bills have done this year?
I get it, the bills are a Jekyll and Hyde team. Either one can show up .but you speak as if only one is going to be there.
You’re the one choosing facts. We beat the Chiefs. We dominated the Cowboys and Fish. We lost to the Eagles and the Bengals with a healthy Burrow. So the record against good teams is mixed. I’ll admit- it’s more positive than negative. 3 wins and two losses, two of the wins were dominant, and the O played well against the Eagles despite the loss. But the results are mixed.

And this is the whole problem. Good teams should have mixed records against other good teams because dominant teams basically don’t exist in the age of FA and the cap.

The Bills’ poor record against the bad teams is the reason why they haven’t clinched a playoff spot yet.

Goobylal
01-03-2024, 10:23 PM

So what? They've played to the level of their competition, barely beating bad teams (and losing to some) and beating the good ones. They'll beat Miami.

OpIv37
01-03-2024, 10:24 PM
So what? They've played to the level of their competition, barely beating bad teams (and losing to some) and beating the good ones. They'll beat Miami.

Odd logic since people here have been saying Miami is overrated all season….

Goobylal
01-03-2024, 10:37 PM
Odd logic since people here have been saying Miami is overrated all season….

What fans say doesn't amount to a hill of beans as far as the team is concerned. Miami has a winning record, is currently leading the division and is considered a SB contender.

Chet
01-04-2024, 12:33 AM
What fans say doesn't amount to a hill of beans as far as the team is concerned. Miami has a winning record, is currently leading the division and is considered a SB contender.

Not a SB contender unless you’re throwing their hat in the ring simply for a puncher’s chance in the playoffs. Divisional Round ceiling, injuries or not. Playoff defenses/DC’s will take a wet ***** on them, imo.

They’re fugazi

Jimkelly12203
01-04-2024, 12:50 AM
Josh is a dolphin killer. It has been proven time and again.

HOWEVER, these are one and done games. And it is the NFL. Anything can happen and the Fish are definitely more than good enough to beat us on any given sunday.

I think given the past we probably have a slight advantage.

But that doesn't mean anything come Sunday night. They're more than capable of absolutely blowing us out. Or getting blown out.

justasportsfan
01-04-2024, 08:23 AM
You’re the one choosing facts. We beat the Chiefs. We dominated the Cowboys and Fish. We lost to the Eagles and the Bengals with a healthy Burrow. So the record against good teams is mixed. I’ll admit- it’s more positive than negative. 3 wins and two losses, two of the wins were dominant, and the O played well against the Eagles despite the loss. But the results are mixed.

And this is the whole problem. Good teams should have mixed records against other good teams because dominant teams basically don’t exist in the age of FA and the cap.

The Bills’ poor record against the bad teams is the reason why they haven’t clinched a playoff spot yet.

Aha! So you do admit that we dominated good teams as well. Sonth3re is a chance we can dominate good teams. Mkay..

I can also admit we can lose to them too .

sukie
01-04-2024, 10:00 AM
I like how Cookie gave an example and Op ignored it. Priceless.

Goobylal
01-04-2024, 11:09 AM
Not a SB contender unless you’re throwing their hat in the ring simply for a puncher’s chance in the playoffs. Divisional Round ceiling, injuries or not. Playoff defenses/DC’s will take a wet ***** on them, imo.

They’re fugazi

An explosive offense gives them more than a puncher's chance. And again a winning record and (currently) leading the division. Bottom line is that the Bills will not take them lightly/take them as seriously as the Chefs/Cowboys/Eagles.

Chet
01-04-2024, 12:34 PM
An explosive offense gives them more than a puncher's chance. And again a winning record and (currently) leading the division. Bottom line is that the Bills will not take them lightly/take them as seriously as the Chefs/Cowboys/Eagles.
Oh I agree with everything you say, but Miami just isn't tough enough or consistent enough to put on a fireworks display for more than 2 weeks max. Their PPG differential against +.500 teams vs crap teams is like 12 points. That is not an accident.

notacon
01-04-2024, 01:07 PM
I don't care what anyone said. I watched the games live. They played like crap, period. There's no point in discussing anything with you if you won't acknowledge this basic reality.
That's your problem

Goobylal
01-04-2024, 02:45 PM
Oh I agree with everything you say, but Miami just isn't tough enough or consistent enough to put on a fireworks display for more than 2 weeks max. Their PPG differential against +.500 teams vs crap teams is like 12 points. That is not an accident.

I agree. I think they're paper tigers. My point is that the Bills have been playing to the level of their competition and Miami is (seen as) one of the best teams in the league and they've already punched their ticket to the playoffs. So the Bills won't be taking them lightly like they've done with several teams the past month.

Woodman
01-05-2024, 09:26 AM
Uh, last December, the Chiefs barely beat a 4 win Denver team in December (game 1), was taken of OT by a 3 win Texans team, and then had to come from behind in the 4th quarter 2 weeks later to beat the same 4 win Denver team...coached by Nathaniel Hackett. They ended up winning the SB, with a *.

You asked.

notacon
01-05-2024, 12:36 PM
I agree. I think they're paper tigers. My point is that the Bills have been playing to the level of their competition and Miami is (seen as) one of the best teams in the league and they've already punched their ticket to the playoffs. So the Bills won't be taking them lightly like they've done with several teams the past month.

There is evidence that the Bills play down to lower competition and up to better competition.

There is no more games vs "lower competition" left for week 18 or the playoffs.

Miami plays some of their worst games vs better competition.

Facts are facts. The Bills have not lost any game by more than 6 points.

While Miami has lost FOUR of their five games vs "better competition", ALL by seven points of MORE!!!

The seven point loss was vs KC at home. The other three, they got blown out!!!

Lost by TWENTY EIGHT to the Bills.

Lost by FOURTEEN to Philly.

Lost by THIRTY SEVEN vs Baltimore.

The only "better competition" they beat was Dallas by a measly TWO points. The same team the Bills BLEW OUT by TWENTY ONE.

Miami is just not ready to be called elite just yet.

Goobylal
01-05-2024, 02:50 PM
There is evidence that the Bills play down to lower competition and up to better competition.

There is no more games vs "lower competition" left for week 18 or the playoffs.

Miami plays some of their worst games vs better competition.

Facts are facts. The Bills have not lost any game by more than 6 points.

While Miami has lost FOUR of their five games vs "better competition", ALL by seven points of MORE!!!

The seven point loss was vs KC at home. The other three, they got blown out!!!

Lost by TWENTY EIGHT to the Bills.

Lost by FOURTEEN to Philly.

Lost by THIRTY SEVEN vs Baltimore.

The only "better competition" they beat was Dallas by a measly TWO points. The same team the Bills BLEW OUT by TWENTY ONE.

Miami is just not ready to be called elite just yet.

I agree but my point wasn't whether they're elite or not: it's whether the Bills consider them to be and thus play up to that level? I think they do and they will.

jamze132
01-05-2024, 11:45 PM
Bills simply match up well against Miami, just like for whatever reason NE matches up well against us. All it takes for any team is a couple dominating positions against their opponents weaker positions and it can be the difference. Division games are usually tough games and it’s hard to blow out a team twice in the same season. I Susie t this game will come down to the wire and the last team with the ball will win.

TigerJ
01-06-2024, 12:06 AM

No one who watched those games considers us a nightmare.Buffalo is really unpredictable. In particular, they have tended to play down to the level of their lesser opponents this season, but it looks to me like less a matter of ability and talent and more a question of focus and consistency. Buffalo is perfectly capable of losing this game, but if they play to their potential, they can also win easily.

Oaf
01-06-2024, 02:56 AM
I have a feeling we beat them then they go to Arrowhead and bounceback with a win to eliminate KC. I'm all for it.

Goobylal
01-06-2024, 08:44 AM
After the Bills played the Dols, McD said that the motion and trickery Miami uses is all eye candy. Yesterday Ravens LB Patrick Queen was on the Rich Eisen show and said that the Miami and SF offenses have tells that give away what the play will be.

cas22
01-06-2024, 09:02 AM
It’s better weather than in OP this weekend. No home weather advantage

I don't no how a team that practices indoors all the time would have a home field advantage...

notacon
01-06-2024, 02:01 PM
I agree but my point wasn't whether they're elite or not: it's whether the Bills consider them to be and thus play up to that level? I think they do and they will.

I understand where you are coming from and we are on the same page.

I DO believe that Miami IS an "elite" team. Although their weakness is vs other elite teams.

For the record, my opinion of the "elite" teams in the NFL today....and their record vs other elite teams...

Baltimore - 4-0
Philly - 4-2 (but fading lately....all four wins were up to week 12....both loses within their 1-4 swoon since)
Buffalo - 3-2 (soon to be 4-2)
San Fran - 2-2
KC - 2-2 (1 of those wins was vs Cincy without Burrow)
Cincy - 2-3 (2-2 w/Burrow...0-1 without Burrow)
Dallas - 1-4
Miami - 1-4 (soon to be 1-5)