PDA

View Full Version : Tyler Huntley will get the start for the Ravens Saturday

Woodman
01-03-2024, 02:47 PM
Ravens head coach John Harbaugh announced that Jackson will not play against the Steelers on Saturday afternoon. 2022 Pro Bowler Tyler Huntley will make his first start of the season with Josh Johnson and Malik Cunningham expected to be active as well.
Huntley has seen relief duty in four games this season and he made four starts in each of the last two regular seasons. He also started Baltimore’s playoff loss to the Bengals last January.

Joe Fo Sho
01-03-2024, 02:58 PM
As much as this sucks for the Bills, our playoffs started in KC. If we don't beat the Dolphins this week, then you can argue that we don't deserve to make the playoffs.

We are experiencing the consequences of our own actions.

Chet
01-03-2024, 02:59 PM
As much as this sucks for the Bills, our playoffs started in KC. If we don't beat the Dolphins this week, then you can argue that we don't deserve to make the playoffs.

We are experiencing the consequences of our own actions.

Yep, earn your way in. Can’t realistically hope for Huntley to bail us out like Andy Dalton

Woodman
01-03-2024, 03:00 PM
The Ravens play to win no matter who plays QB.

notacon
01-03-2024, 03:07 PM
Starting Huntley is no surprise.

I'm still going to pick Baltimore over the Steelers.

Huntley performed pretty well last year replacing the injured Jackson. He had the Bengals on their heels in their playoff game until he was unlucky in fumbling the ball as he was about to cross the goal line.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gV26ONSjcr8?si=_dbO0zMc7DrOXrtq" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Forward_Lateral
01-03-2024, 03:10 PM
They shouldn't even watch the games. They should have 100% focus on Miami, and beating them into submission.

Woodman
01-03-2024, 03:13 PM
They shouldn't even watch the games. They should have 100% focus on Miami, and beating them into submission.
The only way to the 2 seed is through Miami.

:squish:

sukie
01-03-2024, 03:56 PM
I really don’t think Balt wants Pittsburgh any where near the playoffs. If Steelers win… that is a humiliating sweep.

Woodman
01-03-2024, 04:08 PM
I really don’t think Balt wants Pittsburgh any where near the playoffs. If Steelers win… that is a humiliating sweep.

The fact that they did dump them already might get Harbaugh a little more fired up.:topdog2::topdog2:

Novacane
01-03-2024, 09:08 PM
They can beat Pittsburgh with Huntley. As long as they don't bench the majority of their starters. It would be nice to have that fall back going into Sunday night but it sure adds a lot more drama if the Bills are win or go home. You know the NFL loves drama.

OpIv37
01-03-2024, 09:27 PM
I really hope we beat the Fish so it doesn’t matter….

But it would be poetic justice if we made the playoffs and the Steelers missed the playoffs because they couldn’t beat the Ravens’ backups…..

jamze132
01-03-2024, 11:32 PM
I remember our Pittsburgh debacle…

OpIv37
01-03-2024, 11:42 PM
I remember our Pittsburgh debacle…

We were there. My wife gave me tix for Christmas. We accidentally stayed in the Steelers hotel and saw Cowher in the elevator when we left to go to the game.

Jimkelly12203
01-04-2024, 12:51 AM
We are going to have to do this thing ourselves. And if we can't win on Sunday, we don't belong in the playoffs in the first place.

Woodman
01-05-2024, 07:44 AM
“I’m just going to seize the moment (https://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/geno-stone-reacts-pro-bowl-snub-week-18-patrick-queen) and do what I do,” Huntley said, via the team’s website. “The Steelers are a physical team, and it’s always a good game. We’ve just got to score points, and our defense is going to handle the rest.”

Beating the Steelers and keeping them out of the playoffs is always a good thing for a Ravens quarterback, but it’s not the only positive that could come out of Saturday’s game for Huntley. He’ll be a free agent after the season and a good outing could help him earn a better contract in Baltimore or elsewhere for the 2024 season.

Tyler Huntley aims to "seize the moment" against Steelers - NBC Sports (https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/tyler-huntley-aims-to-seize-the-moment-against-steelers)