PDA

View Full Version : It doesn’t mean I will on Sunday

Woodman
01-04-2024, 09:57 AM
Allen is 10-2 against the Dolphins, including last season’s playoff win, and that’s likely generating some good feelings in Buffalo about this Sunday’s game in Miami. The Bills will be the AFC East champs with a win and Allen’s 34 career touchdown passes against the Dolphins would seem to bode well for the team’s chances of emerging from Week 18 with reason to celebrate.

Allen is not sharing in that point of view, however. He went 21-of-25 for 320 yards and four touchdowns in the Week Four win, but said Wednesday that the Dolphins are playing with different personnel and different schemes now. He also noted that the Week Four game was his first time facing Vic Fangio with the Dolphins as another reason why past results aren’t predictive of what will happen this weekend.

“I think every game is different (https://buffalonews.com/sports/professional/nfl/bills/josh-allen-downplays-past-success-against-miami-dolphins-every-game-is-different/article_55cc7590-aa74-11ee-a9df-8bbb040750ed.html), each game has its specific flow,” Allen said, via Katherine Fitzgerald of the Buffalo News. “I’ve played well against them in the past, but it doesn’t mean I’m gonna play well against them this week, unless I prepare well and work hard in practice and get on the same page as receivers. And the five guys up front do their job and the receivers catch the ball, so it takes everybody to do that. We’re looking forward to having a good week of practice and putting our best foot forward.”

Josh Allen- I've had success against Dolphins in past, but it doesn't mean I will on Sunday - NBC Sports (https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/josh-allen-ive-had-success-against-bills-in-past-but-it-doesnt-mean-i-will-on-sunday)

Mr. Pink
01-04-2024, 01:57 PM
Shaky confidence from the most important player on the team isn't a good sign for Sunday.

kscdogbillsfan1221
01-04-2024, 01:59 PM
Shaky confidence from the most important player on the team isn't a good sign for Sunday.

stop it.

what's he supposed to say?

'I'm gonna curb stomp these *****es to the ground.'

gimme a break

Mr. Pink
01-04-2024, 02:00 PM
stop it.

gimme a break

"I'm looking to build upon the success that I've experienced"

Or just don't say anything at all on the subject.

ParanoidAndroid
01-04-2024, 02:11 PM

"I'm looking to build upon the success that I've experienced"

Or just don't say anything at all on the subject.
Okay, Petunia.

Chet
01-04-2024, 02:15 PM
stop it.

gimme a break
Yeah what he said was harmless…but just think for a moment if he said your quote. :rofl: Completely off-brand and bulletin board material but not gonna lie that would definitely make me feel more confident.

ParanoidAndroid
01-04-2024, 04:38 PM
. "I believe in having faith in myself and my team, and I believe everyone else should have faith in us too. We don't need outsiders telling us what we can't do." - Josh Allen

YardRat
01-04-2024, 04:55 PM
Yeah, we know you can easily throw away a game against an opponent we expect to beat handily by playing like ass, Josh...you don't have to remind us.

Woodman
01-05-2024, 06:10 AM

Don't think he's not confident.

Just downplaying expectations.

Smart!!!!

notacon
01-05-2024, 12:15 PM
This is exactly the mindset Josh Allen should and must have.

Everything in the NFL is earned.

Discotrish
01-05-2024, 12:49 PM
Okay, Petunia.

Where's Dictionary Man when you need him?

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/l4FGlDsvuUd2RkBYQ" width="480" height="320" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/flower-pow-fight-me-l4FGlDsvuUd2RkBYQ">via GIPHY</a></p>

POTLAND PSILBYLO
01-05-2024, 02:32 PM
Allen will apply "moderate to extreme pressure downward upon the figurative canine females until such time they rest upon the Earth unaided, nearby which there shall be roadway accessories to contain water flows and provide a modicum of safety to nearby pedestrians."

Discotrish
01-06-2024, 09:45 AM
Allen will apply "moderate to extreme pressure downward upon the figurative canine females until such time they rest upon the Earth unaided, nearby which there shall be roadway accessories to contain water flows and provide a modicum of safety to nearby pedestrians."

So non-bigotedly said.

Woodman
01-08-2024, 09:54 PM
. "I believe in having faith in myself and my team, and I believe everyone else should have faith in us too. We don't need outsiders telling us what we can't do." - Josh Allen