PDA

View Full Version : Von Miller: Bills made “right decision” making me inactive last week

Woodman
01-04-2024, 02:53 PM
Miller was a healthy scratch after recording three tackles and three quarterback hits in his first 11 appearances of the season and said in the days leading up to the game that he felt like he was close to breaking through after a long recovery from last season’s knee injury. On Thursday, Miller said he thinks the Bills made the “right decision” because his play was not up to the level he’s set for himself.

“I’m my biggest critic and from my standpoint, I wasn’t playing up to the standard (https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran/status/1743002169731649563),” Miller said, via Ryan O’Halloran of the Buffalo News.

Miller said he does not know if he will be back in the lineup for Sunday night’s game against the Dolphins. He has $10.71 million in guaranteed salary on the books for 2024.

Woodman
01-04-2024, 03:02 PM
Sit em if he can't contribute!

It's not all about pass rush to me .... if he could play to stop the run ..... start him ..... if all he wants to do is rush Tua sit him down ...... we can do that pass rush many different ways.

Stopping the run is key!

Turf
01-04-2024, 03:28 PM
Give him another week to heal. Then he may actually be of service.

cas22
01-04-2024, 03:40 PM
the rookie played last week already has as many tackles as Von has all year, I wouldn't play Von again until he is back 100% which won't be till sept of next year, he only weakens the defense..

sukie
01-04-2024, 04:32 PM
Was that Kingsley Jonathan? He had 1 tackle.

as far as Von. I watched carefully as many snaps as I could. It still seems that teams tend to have the play move away from him. This may be just respect but they don’t roll out to his side, runs go the opposite way.

now on straight drop backs… he’s not even sniffing the QB. I miss the Von of Pre Thanksgiving last season.

Woodman
01-05-2024, 05:34 AM
Give him another week to heal. Then he may actually be of service.

That would be great ..... fingers crossed.

Chet
01-05-2024, 06:44 AM
Time for the glue factory.

He's washed.

TheConsigliere
01-05-2024, 06:53 AM
Time for the glue factory.

He's washed.

Salary Cap $ poorly spent by Beane.

Dr. Lecter
01-05-2024, 07:02 AM
Salary Cap $ poorly spent by Beane.

Well yeah - how did he not know he would blow out his ACL!!!!

Idiot.

jamze132
01-05-2024, 07:03 AM
Hopefully he’ll retire or be placed in the exempt list so we can get out of cap hell. It’s be different if he was Von of old, but he’s playing worse than a UDA.

TheConsigliere
01-05-2024, 07:35 AM
Well yeah - how did he not know he would blow out his ACL!!!!

Idiot.

Your ability to create a strawman without even using straw is duly noted.

Beane did know Von’s age and injury history right?

That is Beane’s department right?

That wasn’t Kim’s job to research right?

Do you feel Von over, under or met performance to his contract last year?

Woodman
01-05-2024, 09:02 AM
Was that Kingsley Jonathan? He had 1 tackle.

as far as Von. I watched carefully as many snaps as I could. It still seems that teams tend to have the play move away from him. This may be just respect but they don’t roll out to his side, runs go the opposite way.

now on straight drop backs… he’s not even sniffing the QB. I miss the Von of Pre Thanksgiving last season.

If he's in the lineup ........... I'm instructing him to stop the run 1st ........... pass rush a distant 2nd.