Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghz in pittsburgh
    • Aug 2004

It's already starting here in the 'burgh of "maximizing Josh Allen's mistakes"

Radio stations, TV shows, sports talks on how to blitz Allen and force some mistakes; some even went on great details of who they'd prefer to blitz so that guys "with great hands" like Minkah or Patrick can be back there taking some picks to the house.

The Steelers do expect everyone other than Watt to be available this week.

In general, their D is solid but injuries to some key guys like Minkah Fitzpatrick, Cameron Heyward etc. have reduced those stars' effectiveness. But they still have talents who can rush the passers.

Offense is really where the main problem is. The fact 3rd string Mason Rudolph turns out to be the best of the bunch speaks for itself: Rudolph is not some unknown hidden gem; he was in the same draft class as Allen and Lamar. Give him credit though. He may have the best deep ball among the trio QBs and he's not shy to throw deep, something Pickett and Trubisky are terrible at. Those deep balls are really what made the difference to his 3 wins.

If Allen and the offense play a clean game, there is no question we'll come out in the winning end. With Watt out, we are better than the Steelers in almost every position, offense or defense. Just play solid football; no need to take risks and gambles.
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: It's already starting here in the 'burgh of "maximizing Josh Allen's mistakes"

They aren't wrong, that's what Buffalo's losses usually look like.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Cntrygal
      Visually stunning but camera-shy.
      • Jul 2002

Re: It's already starting here in the 'burgh of "maximizing Josh Allen's mistakes"

I'm really hoping that the Bills minimize those mistakes for the Steelers to try and take advantage of. Maybe they could start by playing 3 quarters of aggressive football?
      Originally posted by notacon
      The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• Historian
        2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
        • Dec 2002

Comment

• TheConsigliere
          • Aug 2022

Please tell The Steel Heads to forgetta about it.

NOT going to happen this weekend.

Ask them if TJ has flushed out all the sand from his veejay.

Comment

• Kenny
            • Aug 2004

Hopefully Brady has worked out some gameplanning for all out / zero cover blitzes. I know we adjusted later in the miami game with Kincaid, but it was ugly early on. Hopefully we throw in some screen passes early on because the writing is out there on how to beat JA... pressure him to throw and to make costly mistakes.

No one at this point is going to just sit back in coverage against us... JA's too good to pick apart a defense when given time, or just to take off with the ball himself. Brady/Allen better be prepared for CONSTANT pressure.

Comment

• Woodman
              Legendary Zoner
              • Apr 2014

Play fast play smart hopefully you did your homework.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
                • Nov 2007

i said it before
                i'll say it again

i ****ing hate the steelers and their delusional, obnoxious, arrogants fans.

have one co worker already giving me ****
                'we're gonna kick you asses.'

sure, it's possible. but you do realize you're the worst team in the playoffs, right? you shouldn't be talking ****.
                I came.
                I saw.
                I conquered.

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
                  • Mar 2004

Originally posted by kscdogbillsfan1221 View Post
                  i said it before
                  i'll say it again

i ****ing hate the steelers and their delusional, obnoxious, arrogants fans.

have one co worker already giving me ****
                  'we're gonna kick you asses.'

sure, it's possible. but you do realize you're the worst team in the playoffs, right? you shouldn't be talking ****.
                  I mean, the worst? Have you seen the NFC?

Comment

• cas22
                    • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Kenny View Post
                    Hopefully Brady has worked out some gameplanning for all out / zero cover blitzes. I know we adjusted later in the miami game with Kincaid, but it was ugly early on. Hopefully we throw in some screen passes early on because the writing is out there on how to beat JA... pressure him to throw and to make costly mistakes.

No one at this point is going to just sit back in coverage against us... JA's too good to pick apart a defense when given time, or just to take off with the ball himself. Brady/Allen better be prepared for CONSTANT pressure.
                    its up to Allen to read the blitz and tell o-lineman what coverage to call, but this offense needs more hot reads by the wr's, seems like the scheme doesn't really have a lot of screens and deception plays, its here it is stop us.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                      Unreachable Douche
                      • Jul 2002

Won't Josh next pick 6 be his first pick 6? Not worried about it.

Comment

• Discotrish
                        Raging hypocrite and resident troll
                        • Nov 2003

He just needs to make enough mistakes to keep Pittsburgh in the game.
                        Note: Discotrish information is Conspiralicious and has NO BASIS IN FACT. Considering her opinions may be HAZARDOUS TO YOUR HEALTH. Please do not get your medical advice from a subforum of a subforum of a sports message board.

Comment

• Historian
                          2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                          • Dec 2002

This is the team that doesn't block for one another, right?

Comment

• Bill Cody
                            • Sep 2004

The thing about Pitt defensively is there are no real surprises. They do what they do. This is the week for Joe Brady to shine. I just hope the weather doesn't turn this into a run slog. That favors Pitt.

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                              • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Bill Cody View Post
                              The thing about Pitt defensively is there are no real surprises. They do what they do. This is the week for Joe Brady to shine. I just hope the weather doesn't turn this into a run slog. That favors Pitt.
                              It's not looking like a great weather day. Windy and rain turning to snow
                              Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

Working...
                              X