PDA

View Full Version : Most satisfying division title

sukie
01-09-2024, 03:13 PM
For me? YES.

left for dead after losing to the Bengals then 12 men. What went wrong . Talking heads spoke of changes and wrote the team off.

fired Dorsey mid season and popped a 30something in the job. Boom crushed the jets!!!! Hey life is good!!!!

then came the Philly game. Ugh

Now the hole was dug… incense burned as the rancid body in a pine box was slowly lowered below sea level. Shovels of dirt were even tossed in… there was all sorts of kind words said of the deceased. After all the meat of the schedule will surely have Mahomes and Kelce, Dak and Lamb and of course Tyreek and TBubbs all tap dancing on the once dangerous franchise. Ugh 6-6. Buffalo is not supposed to be 6-6… bad.

What? Toney offsides. Bills win
What! Josh completed 7-15 for 97… cowboys killed us… nope Cowboys got routed

“Don’t let Buffalo I “ warned Rich Eisen.
“ Buffalo could win the Super Bowl “ opined Cowherd

Dolphins lost a couple games

Chargers and Pats. Tough wins… holy crap wins just the same. We gained 2 games on the fish! People paid attention.

Buffalo was once dead at 6-6 now was 10-6 and playing for the division… Miami was reeling and the tie breaker belonged to the Bills

winning in Miami was awesome. Bit players came up monsterous. Harty and Sherfield balled. Rapp was crazy. And many here forgot about a guy named Dane.

From dead to #2 with a legitimate shot.

Josh doing the celebratory lap around Hard Rock is indelibly etched on this division title game.

it truly was amazing. 11-6

Diggs said “4 more” to Josh.

I won’t miss a minute.

Woodman
01-09-2024, 03:16 PM
Just because they fought back from so damn far back I'd say yes!

Novacane
01-09-2024, 04:22 PM
I agree.

Typ0
01-09-2024, 04:25 PM
If this team plays 4 focused games in a row Diggs gets the credit for standing in there and not putting up with any mental midget bull****.

YardRat
01-09-2024, 04:33 PM
They are all different. This one certainly has a special place because of the year-end run (which this team does on an annual basis anyway) and abusing Miami in the finale to take it, but we still had to rely on help from others to get there so that puts a little tarnish on it.

sukie
01-09-2024, 04:49 PM
They are all different. This one certainly has a special place because of the year-end run (which this team does on an annual basis anyway) and abusing Miami in the finale to take it, but we still had to rely on help from others to get there so that puts a little tarnish on it.

What help?

YardRat
01-09-2024, 05:44 PM
What help?

Tennessee and Baltimore beating Miami.

sukie
01-09-2024, 05:49 PM
Tennessee and Baltimore beating Miami.

Teams lose games. That’s not really help. Bills helped Miami then with the Denver /bengals games

YardRat
01-09-2024, 07:00 PM
Teams lose games. That’s not really help. Bills helped Miami then with the Denver /bengals games

Yeah, disagree. That's definitely help. Miami wins one of those games and they are sporting the t-shirts and hats, not Buffalo.

kscdogbillsfan1221
01-09-2024, 07:16 PM
Yeah, disagree. That's definitely help. Miami wins one of those games and they are sporting the t-shirts and hats, not Buffalo.
If my aunt had a dick……..

two can play that game

without 12 men on the field and a dropped James cook touchdown, the last game of the season is meaningless for the division

Woodman
01-10-2024, 09:46 AM

WE BEAT THEIR ASS TWICE THEY HAD THEIR CHANCE!!

Forward_Lateral
01-10-2024, 10:29 AM
I don't if it's the most satisfying for me, but it's the most memorable. Team was written off by all the "expert" talking heads after losing to Denver and Philly. Hit piece on McDermott came out and everyone piled on.

Team rallied, won 5 straight and took the division and the 2 seed.

Love it.

Buffalogic
01-10-2024, 10:31 AM
I don't if it's the most satisfying for me, but it's the most memorable. Team was written off by all the "expert" talking heads after losing to Denver and Philly. Hit piece on McDermott came out and everyone piled on.

Team rallied, won 5 straight and took the division and the 2 seed.

Love it.wasn't just the expert talking heads, most of the posters on this board too.

Forward_Lateral
01-10-2024, 10:33 AM
wasn't just the expert talking heads, most of the posters on this board too.
Let's be honest, most of those posters are complete idiots

kscdogbillsfan1221
01-10-2024, 10:34 AM
this year was a lot like 2021.
left for dead at 7-5 by fans and pundits after humiliating loss to patriots in the wind game as well as the ass kicking against indy. to lose in overtime to the bucs, then to rip off the rest to win the division last game.

kscdogbillsfan1221
01-10-2024, 10:35 AM
Let's be honest, most of those posters are complete idiots

i wouldn't go that far. after the bronco game, (which i would consider rock bottom for the season) with the cowboys, chiefs and eagles coming up, most sane people aren't thinking
'Gee. i bet they win the division!'
if you did, then hats off to you

Forward_Lateral
01-10-2024, 10:43 AM
left for dead at 7-5 by fans and pundits after humiliating loss to patriots in the wind game as well as the ass kicking against indy. to lose in overtime to the bucs, then to rip off the rest to win the division last game.

Was that the hail Murray year too?

sukie
01-10-2024, 10:53 AM
I think it’s the most impactful division title because
1. We beat the Fins at their house and bounced them to #6 Fin hatred for us older peeps is still strong.
2. I live in fin country and this outcome was rich. The meltdown locally was delicious.

kscdogbillsfan1221
01-10-2024, 11:48 AM
Was that the hail Murray year too?

no, that was 2020.

notacon
01-10-2024, 02:38 PM

The similarities are eerie.

The difference (hopefully) will be how the season ends with the lack of the "13 seconds" debacle. Did McD learn form that?? Inquiring minds are curious.

Sure is looking like a rematch with KC in the div round with one HUGE difference!!!! The NFL has never seen Mahomes in a road playoff game.

Would anyone be surprised if the WC game plays out like the rout vs NE did in 2021?!?!?!? Not me.

YardRat
01-10-2024, 07:31 PM
If my aunt had a dick……..

two can play that game

without 12 men on the field and a dropped James cook touchdown, the last game of the season is meaningless for the division

No kidding, that's why they needed help.

And just FYI, nowadays she'd still be your aunt :beers:

Gibby 2.0
01-10-2024, 07:33 PM
For me? YES.

left for dead after losing to the Bengals then 12 men. What went wrong . Talking heads spoke of changes and wrote the team off.

fired Dorsey mid season and popped a 30something in the job. Boom crushed the jets!!!! Hey life is good!!!!

then came the Philly game. Ugh

Now the hole was dug… incense burned as the rancid body in a pine box was slowly lowered below sea level. Shovels of dirt were even tossed in… there was all sorts of kind words said of the deceased. After all the meat of the schedule will surely have Mahomes and Kelce, Dak and Lamb and of course Tyreek and TBubbs all tap dancing on the once dangerous franchise. Ugh 6-6. Buffalo is not supposed to be 6-6… bad.

What? Toney offsides. Bills win
What! Josh completed 7-15 for 97… cowboys killed us… nope Cowboys got routed

“Don’t let Buffalo I “ warned Rich Eisen.
“ Buffalo could win the Super Bowl “ opined Cowherd

Dolphins lost a couple games

Chargers and Pats. Tough wins… holy crap wins just the same. We gained 2 games on the fish! People paid attention.

Buffalo was once dead at 6-6 now was 10-6 and playing for the division… Miami was reeling and the tie breaker belonged to the Bills

winning in Miami was awesome. Bit players came up monsterous. Harty and Sherfield balled. Rapp was crazy. And many here forgot about a guy named Dane.

From dead to #2 with a legitimate shot.

Josh doing the celebratory lap around Hard Rock is indelibly etched on this division title game.

it truly was amazing. 11-6

Diggs said “4 more” to Josh.

I won’t miss a minute.
Remains to be seen. The plague year title was a lot more satisfying. They now have to do something with that 2 seed. They have a decent shot of making it to the AFC championship and Baltimore has a history of screwing up in January. So they make the Superbowl (they don't even need to go, but damn I have way outgrown my 92 and 93 AFC champs sweatshirts) and yeah it will be very satisfying.

sukie
01-10-2024, 08:26 PM
What made the plague year more satisfying than defying the numbers… 6-6 14% chance of a wildcard to snatching the title from the slimy porpoises ?

OpIv37
01-11-2024, 12:12 AM
Without reading though this whole thread, no. Embarrassing the Fish by taking over their stadium is great. It doesn’t beat winning the Div in 2020 for the firs time in 25 years.

Forward_Lateral
01-11-2024, 08:21 AM
Without reading though this whole thread, no. Embarrassing the Fish by taking over their stadium is great. It doesn’t beat winning the Div in 2020 for the firs time in 25 years.
I was going to say this too. Making it to the AFC champ game after a brilliant win over Baltimore

sukie
01-11-2024, 08:31 AM
Only talking division. It was a lock in 2020 and it was a matter of which week secured it. AFC championship game is another topic.

there was no point in 2020 that the bills were left for dead.

Forward_Lateral
01-11-2024, 08:32 AM
Only talking division. It was a lock in 2020 and it was a matter of which week secured it. AFC championship game is another topic.

That's true

kscdogbillsfan1221
01-11-2024, 09:08 AM

i dunno..

there may have been a poster or two who may have after the titan and chiefs games back to back that year. don't have the evidence, but i think i remember someone writing them off then