PDA

View Full Version : Do you really care about the Hall of Fame?

lordofgun
09-05-2003, 09:40 PM
I sure don't.

I couldn't care less if any Bills get in. I will never watch a ceremony. I will certainly never travel there.

thoughts?

Dozerdog
09-05-2003, 09:54 PM
I nominate this thread for the zone hall of fame.

JefftheBillsfan
09-05-2003, 09:56 PM
i only watch when theres a bill. but i think its getting out of hand. all these hall of fames are going to run out of room someday. Not to say that someone like Marv Levy doesn't deserve to be there, but think of how many Marv Levy types there will be in the next 10 years...that goes even more so for players.

NoCtUrNaL
09-05-2003, 09:58 PM
I don't understand any "Hall of Fame" be it sport...entertainment...what have you...I no sooner want to see Bronko Nagurski's jock strap then I do Mama Cass's last half eaten sandwich.

Dozerdog
09-05-2003, 10:06 PM
If Mama Cass only shared with Karen Carpenter....:shakeno:

NoCtUrNaL
09-05-2003, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
If Mama Cass only shared with Karen Carpenter....:shakeno:

Mama Cass had chicken wings with more meat on them then Karen Carpenter.

TigerJ
09-05-2003, 10:42 PM
I might have cared more if my daughter had gone to Malone College (in Canton and only a couple miles from the hall). She was interested and we did visit, but I didn't make it to the Hall o Fame.

Historian
09-06-2003, 06:23 AM
I've been to Canton, Cooperstown, and The NHL HOF in Toronto, and loved each museum. There is a boatload of Bills stuff in Canton, like Christies shoe from the OT FG he kicked in the comeback game, OJs jersey from the day he broke 2000 at Shea Stadium, etc... There is lots to do, and all kinds of highlights to watch. Admission is not that expensive either.

The bad thing about these places is that now due to the amount of ex-jocks on tv as commentators, the hall is getting crowded with guys who were a mediocre talent on the field, but since their melons are on tv every week, they get voted into their repective Halls of Fame. Dan Dierdork and Howie Schlong are two that immediately come to mind.

Overall though, its a nice thing to do on an afternoon, and even those who are not a fan will enjoy it. I rarely even watch baseball, but I thought Cooperstown was great.

The_Philster
09-06-2003, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by lordofgun
I sure don't.

I couldn't care less if any Bills get in.

Blasphemy :mad:
Originally posted by lordofgun
I will never watch a ceremony. I will certainly never travel there.

In all seriousness, you really should. Like Billsology is saying, it's quite an experience. I go to inductions every year just to get the football juices flowing. :D

Doc
09-06-2003, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
I nominate this thread for the zone hall of fame.

But would LOG care?

The_Philster
09-06-2003, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by Doc
But would LOG care?

Probably not...he doesn't care about anything. :cynic:

StillLurkin
09-06-2003, 08:15 AM
yes and no. like LOG i'll never watch a ceremony. I'd rather watch paint dry. It's nice to see Bills make it in, but I think it has gotton watered down with the selection that make it. either way, i really don't pay attention to the hall.

lordofgun
09-12-2003, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by StillLurkin
yes and no. like LOG i'll never watch a ceremony. I'd rather watch paint dry. It's nice to see Bills make it in, but I think it has gotton watered down with the selection that make it. either way, i really don't pay attention to the hall.

:up: It stinks.

imbondz
09-13-2003, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by NoCtUrNaL
Mama Cass had chicken wings with more meat on them then Karen Carpenter.

:chuckle:

lordofgun
02-04-2006, 09:31 PM
bump

The_Philster
02-04-2006, 09:32 PM
I'm still ticked Thurman didn't get in this year :mad:

lordofgun
02-04-2006, 09:34 PM
BFD

The_Philster
02-04-2006, 09:34 PM
:blowup:

LtBillsFan66
02-04-2006, 09:35 PM
I agree. Who cares? I'd rather see the current players win.

tat2dmike77
02-04-2006, 09:39 PM
I didn't travel to canton for marv or jim when they got in and it's only an hour and a half away from here.

One there is way to much traffic and I-77 is always under construction.

Two i only want to hear the person i'm there for talk and if i watch it on TV i can flip back and forth till they do come on.

Three i can find other things to do on a saturday in the summer like goto cedar point.

But yeah i do care about bills players getting in but i'm not gonna get worked up about it if they don't get in on the first try. Eventually thurm will get his day but i won't goto canton. Unless i had VIP passes or something.

The_Philster
02-04-2006, 09:51 PM
Dude..you're missing out, IMO....Canton for inductions is just electric...you feel like you're in touch with the history of the game..seeing those players come out on stage from inductions past is a thrill and I must admit a part of me misses when it was out on the steps on the Hall...before Kelly's induction crowd drove them to move it into Fawcett Stadium...in '01 I was there for Marv Levy and during and just prior to ceremonies, we were BSing with Pete Metzelaars, Steve and Sarah Tasker, a couple members of Miami's No-Name defense..Manny Fernandez and Jim Stillwell. In '99 we scored tickets to Billy Shaw's reception...and were drinking beers on Ralph with Al Bemiller, Billy, Booker Edgerson, and so many others

THATHURMANATOR
02-04-2006, 09:55 PM
I sure don't.

I couldn't care less if any Bills get in. I will never watch a ceremony. I will certainly never travel there.

thoughts?
No I don't care either!

dolphinssuck
02-05-2006, 02:49 PM
I care but I would trade one the Bills getting in for that SB ring for them anyday. The HOF voting is nothing but a popularity contest anyway if it were about talent there would be many more in.