PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo Bills fan shot and killed near Miami Dolphins’ stadium after game

Woodman
01-09-2024, 05:51 PM
A Buffalo Bills fan was shot and killed after a confrontation near Miami’s Hard Rock Stadium on Sunday night following the Bills-Dolphins game, according to multiple reports.

The fan, identified by reports as 30-year-old Dylan Isaacs of Canada, was walking through postgame traffic with friends when, according to his aunt, he was hit by a car.

When Isaacs and his friends chased down the car, a person got out of the vehicle and shot Isaacs on Northwest 27th Avenue, per multiple reports, and he died at the scene.

Bills fan shot, killed near Miami Dolphins' stadium after game (https://nypost.com/2024/01/09/sports/bills-fan-shot-killed-near-miami-dolphins-stadium-after-game/)

Canadian'eh!
01-09-2024, 06:00 PM
A Buffalo Bills fan was shot and killed after a confrontation near Miami’s Hard Rock Stadium on Sunday night following the Bills-Dolphins game, according to multiple reports.

The fan, identified by reports as 30-year-old Dylan Isaacs of Canada, was walking through postgame traffic with friends when, according to his aunt, he was hit by a car.

When Isaacs and his friends chased down the car, a person got out of the vehicle and shot Isaacs on Northwest 27th Avenue, per multiple reports, and he died at the scene.

Bills fan shot, killed near Miami Dolphins' stadium after game (https://nypost.com/2024/01/09/sports/bills-fan-shot-killed-near-miami-dolphins-stadium-after-game/)

The gofundme to bring his body home and cover funeral costs already surpassed the 50k they asked for and is at 85k.

I’ve been to Miami a couple times and I honestly hate it. You’re either in overly expensive tacky ass south beach, or you’re in a full on ghetto.

One of my least favourite US places.

Mike13
01-09-2024, 06:12 PM
It's nicknamed Murder Gardens for a reason.^

Weirder still is the push to gentrify and pretty it up for F1.

sukie
01-09-2024, 06:31 PM
What is F1?

POTLAND PSILBYLO
01-09-2024, 08:43 PM
I think it's race cars on streets through a ghetto

Mike13
01-09-2024, 10:36 PM
I think it's race cars on streets through a ghetto

Also Monaco

What is F1?

Formula One

Novacane
01-09-2024, 10:42 PM
People were posting on FB today making it sound like they killed him just because he was a Bills fan. There doesn't seem to be any evidence of that.

OpIv37
01-10-2024, 12:04 AM
The gofundme to bring his body home and cover funeral costs already surpassed the 50k they asked for and is at 85k.

I’ve been to Miami a couple times and I honestly hate it. You’re either in overly expensive tacky ass south beach, or you’re in a full on ghetto.

One of my least favourite US places.

Ever play Grand Theft Auto: Vice City? It portrays Miami as Muscle Beach, mansions owned by sleaze balls, a Haitian ghetto and a Cuban ghetto. I’ve never been there but I imagine that’s exactly how it is.

TheConsigliere
01-10-2024, 09:02 AM
What a crap hole Miami and all of Florida has become.

I hope that swampland sinks into the sea.

Canadian'eh!
01-10-2024, 10:50 AM
Ever play Grand Theft Auto: Vice City? It portrays Miami as Muscle Beach, mansions owned by sleaze balls, a Haitian ghetto and a Cuban ghetto. I’ve never been there but I imagine that’s exactly how it is.
1. It’s accurate.
2. Best game ever. The soundtrack alone seals it for me.

Mike13
01-10-2024, 11:11 AM
People were posting on FB today making it sound like they killed him just because he was a Bills fan. There doesn't seem to be any evidence of that.
It had nothing to do with the game, it was a robbery.

Little Haiti and Hialeah exist but there's alot more inbetween.

Chet
01-10-2024, 11:21 AM
1. It’s accurate.
2. Best game ever. The soundtrack alone seals it for me.
2002. My roommates and I spent that Fall semester just drinking, doing inordinate amounts of blow, and playing Vice City. I can barely remember the courses I took that semester but I know one of them was Evolution of Jazz.

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.

notacon
01-10-2024, 02:31 PM
Miami is a ****hole city in a ****hole state. Their ****bag Gov. signed a bill to allow concealed guns without a permit last year (https://apnews.com/article/guns-desantis-florida-government-ac7adbc200cc4c1bb429ea84357f73be).

Of course there will be more death by guns.

Typ0
01-10-2024, 04:02 PM
So this is it now. Bills fans can't go to Miami and wear gear or they will get run down and shot? WTF. *******s.

Bill Cody
01-10-2024, 04:18 PM

It will

Mike13
01-11-2024, 12:23 AM
So this is it now. Bills fans can't go to Miami and wear gear or they will get run down and shot? WTF. *******s.

It literally did not have anything to do with the game

TheConsigliere
01-11-2024, 12:26 AM
It will

Thoughts & Prayers

Thoughts & Prayers

Forward_Lateral
01-11-2024, 06:18 AM
I feel bad for the guy and his family, but WTF are you doing? It's not Canada, it's Miami, one of the most notoriously dangerous places in the US. You don't go chasing down someone, I don't care if they hit you or not. Know your surroundings. Know where you are. Report it to the police, obviously you didn't need medical attention, as you were able to chase the guy. Go home. Live.

People do not use their brains anymore.

TheConsigliere
01-11-2024, 08:49 AM
I feel bad for the guy and his family, but WTF are you doing? It's not Canada, it's Miami, one of the most notoriously dangerous places in the US. You don't go chasing down someone, I don't care if they hit you or not. Know your surroundings. Know where you are. Report it to the police, obviously you didn't need medical attention, as you were able to chase the guy. Go home. Live.

People do not use their brains anymore.

Perhaps alcohol and youth bravado is to blame.

Personally, in Toronto I would have done the same as he did.

In the US……

Who am I kidding?

I have not stepped on American soil for almost 5 years and that was on a day bus trip back and forth for a Bills game.

Most Canadians feel the same after watching what America has become.

Here is a Pro Tip…

Watch for a massive sell off of property owned in Florida by elderly Canadian Snowbirds as they die off and their adult children inherit their properties.

The next generation of Canadians is not interested in spending time in Florida like their parents did.

Forward_Lateral
01-11-2024, 10:26 AM
Perhaps alcohol and youth bravado is to blame.

Personally, in Toronto I would have done the same as he did.

In the US……

Who am I kidding?

I have not stepped on American soil for almost 5 years and that was on a day bus trip back and forth for a Bills game.

Most Canadians feel the same after watching what America has become.

Here is a Pro Tip…

Watch for a massive sell off of property owned in Florida by elderly Canadian Snowbirds as they die off and their adult children inherit their properties.

The next generation of Canadians is not interested in spending time in Florida like their parents did.
In Canada, yes. In the US I would never even consider approaching anyone in any way that looked like I had intent to hurt them. Dude is going to claim self defense, or that he thought buddy was car jacking him.

Again, people don't use their brains and think before they act anymore

sukie
01-11-2024, 10:41 AM

Pass this sentiment on to your fellow countrymen… please. Pretty please!

TheConsigliere
01-11-2024, 10:44 AM
Pass this sentiment on to your fellow countrymen… please. Pretty please!

Don’t worry they are slowly leaving Florida for good.

However, like the Canada Goose, they want to poop on you first.

Discotrish
01-11-2024, 11:00 AM

Get the word out!

New Yorkers Moving To Florida In Droves (https://www.newsweek.com/new-yorkers-moving-florida-droves-1851708#:~:text=Thousands%20of%20New%20Yorkers%20are,by%20real%20estate%20brokerage%20Redfin.)

notacon
01-11-2024, 01:39 PM
The latest from ****hole Florida....it's not just guns being used to attack people.....Subway Subs too!!!

Patron Charged With Subway Sandwich Battery

(http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/stupid/subway-sandwich-battery-670349)
Upset that his sandwich had not been sliced into two pieces, a Subway customer allegedly threw the offending hero at a store clerk, striking her with the grub, according to police who yesterday arrested the man for battery.

Cops say Alberto De Barros, 54, was collared following a confrontation last night at a Subway restaurant near his residence in Stuart, Florida.

Subway worker Cassandra Pierre-Louis told sheriff’s deputies that De Barros, a licensed building contractor, “became upset with her after finding out that his sandwich was not separated,” according to a probable cause affidavit (http://www.thesmokinggun.com/file/sandwich-battery).

Following a “brief verbal exchange,” Pierre-Louis said, De Barros “began causing a disruptive scene.” After the Subway worker announced that she would no longer be serving De Barros, “the sandwich was thrown at Ms. Pierre-Louis.”

The sandwich--which struck Pierre-Louis in her “mid to lower body section” (http://www.thesmokinggun.com/file/sandwich-battery)--is not further described by investigators.

<style>@font-face {font-family:"Cambria Math"; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-536870145 1107305727 0 0 415 0;}@font-face {font-family:Calibri; panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-536859905 -1073732485 9 0 511 0;}@font-face {font-family:Verdana; panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1593833729 1073750107 16 0 415 0;}p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.5pt; font-family:"Verdana",sans-serif; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; color:#222222;}a:link, span.MsoHyperlink {mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; color:blue; text-decoration:underline; text-underline:single;}a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed {mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; color:#954F72; mso-themecolor:followedhyperlink; text-decoration:underline; text-underline:single;}p {mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-margin-top-alt:auto; margin-right:0in; mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto; margin-left:0in; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman",serif; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";}.MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; font-size:10.5pt; mso-ansi-font-size:10.5pt; mso-bidi-font-size:10.5pt; font-family:"Verdana",sans-serif; mso-ascii-font-family:Verdana; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Verdana; color:#222222; mso-font-kerning:0pt; mso-ligatures:none;}div.WordSection1 {page:WordSection1;}</style>

TheConsigliere
01-12-2024, 07:29 AM
The latest from ****hole Florida....it's not just guns being used to attack people.....Subway Subs too!!!

(http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/stupid/subway-sandwich-battery-670349) <style>@font-face {font-family:"Cambria Math"; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-536870145 1107305727 0 0 415 0;}@font-face {font-family:Calibri; panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-536859905 -1073732485 9 0 511 0;}@font-face {font-family:Verdana; panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1593833729 1073750107 16 0 415 0;}p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.5pt; font-family:"Verdana",sans-serif; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; color:#222222;}a:link, span.MsoHyperlink {mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; color:blue; text-decoration:underline; text-underline:single;}a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed {mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; color:#954F72; mso-themecolor:followedhyperlink; text-decoration:underline; text-underline:single;}p {mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-margin-top-alt:auto; margin-right:0in; mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto; margin-left:0in; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman",serif; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";}.MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; font-size:10.5pt; mso-ansi-font-size:10.5pt; mso-bidi-font-size:10.5pt; font-family:"Verdana",sans-serif; mso-ascii-font-family:Verdana; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Verdana; color:#222222; mso-font-kerning:0pt; mso-ligatures:none;}div.WordSection1 {page:WordSection1;}</style>

So we don’t know what kind of sub eh?

Throwing an Italian Cold Cut Combo would be wrong cut or uncut.

On the other hand, if the customer was a deeply religious Jew, throwing an uncut Tuna Salad Sub is understandable.

Context is soooooooooo important.

Chet
01-12-2024, 08:09 AM
If only Jussie Smollett would’ve used his sub in self defense

notacon
01-12-2024, 01:51 PM
So we don’t know what kind of sub eh?

Throwing an Italian Cold Cut Combo would be wrong cut or uncut.

On the other hand, if the customer was a deeply religious Jew, throwing an uncut Tuna Salad Sub is understandable.

Context is soooooooooo important.
For some reason (probably the 25th anniversary of the Soprano's) the talk of a "deeply religious Jew" had me thinking about Christopher Moltisanti whacking Emil in Satriale's Pork Store....

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Vndyfes3Muo?si=pedfBikCdC2UjB48" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

And then having nightmares about it....

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ysByGpcNM0E?si=ZMGnPdNrrju3bRNd" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Yeah...context is soooooooooo important.

OpIv37
01-12-2024, 08:36 PM

(http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/stupid/subway-sandwich-battery-670349) <style>@font-face {font-family:"Cambria Math"; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-536870145 1107305727 0 0 415 0;}@font-face {font-family:Calibri; panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-536859905 -1073732485 9 0 511 0;}@font-face {font-family:Verdana; panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1593833729 1073750107 16 0 415 0;}p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.5pt; font-family:"Verdana",sans-serif; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; color:#222222;}a:link, span.MsoHyperlink {mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; color:blue; text-decoration:underline; text-underline:single;}a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed {mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; color:#954F72; mso-themecolor:followedhyperlink; text-decoration:underline; text-underline:single;}p {mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-margin-top-alt:auto; margin-right:0in; mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto; margin-left:0in; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman",serif; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";}.MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; font-size:10.5pt; mso-ansi-font-size:10.5pt; mso-bidi-font-size:10.5pt; font-family:"Verdana",sans-serif; mso-ascii-font-family:Verdana; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Verdana; color:#222222; mso-font-kerning:0pt; mso-ligatures:none;}div.WordSection1 {page:WordSection1;}</style>

Meh. Subway is barely edible. Throwing a sub from a real Italian deli in Philly or NY would be a travesty.

TheConsigliere
01-13-2024, 07:19 AM
Meh. Subway is barely edible. Throwing a sub from a real Italian deli in Philly or NY would be a travesty.

Cut or uncut?

notacon
01-13-2024, 01:54 PM

You got that right. That would be a criminal offense. Throwing a Subway sub is more natural reaction. :D:

Strangely, the two best cities I have had an elite "Italian Deli" subs are not in NY. And believe me, I have been to so many in NYC over the years.

They are in Washington DC at Grazie (https://graziegrazie.com/) and (amazingly) Dallas, at a small neighborhood Italian food store/butcher shop/deli, Jimmy's Food Store (https://jimmysfoodstore.com/).

OpIv37
01-13-2024, 02:56 PM
You got that right. That would be a criminal offense. Throwing a Subway sub is more natural reaction. :D:

Strangely, the two best cities I have had an elite "Italian Deli" subs are not in NY. And believe me, I have been to so many in NYC over the years.

They are in Washington DC at Grazie (https://graziegrazie.com/) and (amazingly) Dallas, at a small neighborhood Italian food store/butcher shop/deli, Jimmy's Food Store (https://jimmysfoodstore.com/).

Of all the time I spent in DC, I never tried that place. I do occasionally have to go back there for work so I will have to check that out. My friend took me to a good one just north of DC in Wheaton, MD. I blanked on the name but they just closed anyway.

Rubino’s in Rochester used to be really good. They’ve expanded so much so I don’t know if it’s the same.
DiBruno Bros in Philly is prob my all time favorite.
There’s one near me called Mastellone’s that’s good but they have really strange hours.

TheConsigliere
01-13-2024, 04:51 PM
If you are looking for weather and Italian deli ==> https://deluca.ca/

OpIv37
01-13-2024, 04:57 PM
If you are looking for weather and Italian deli ==> https://deluca.ca/

Forgot about that one! We did the Churchill polar bear trip a year and a half ago and spent a few days in Winnpeg on our way there. Someone on this board- I believe mightysimi- recommended it. It was definitely good.

TheConsigliere
01-13-2024, 05:02 PM
Forgot about that one! We did the Churchill polar bear trip a year and a half ago and spent a few days in Winnpeg on our way there. Someone on this board- I believe mightysimi- recommended it. It was definitely good.

It was me.

OpIv37
01-13-2024, 05:12 PM
It was me.

My bad for not giving you credit.

TheConsigliere
01-13-2024, 05:38 PM
My bad for not giving you credit.

No problem.

I would not take advise on how to even wipe my ass from Mighty — he is a Winnipeg Jets Fan.

Typ0
01-13-2024, 05:55 PM
I'm just saying the picture on the menu of the supposed sub I ordered is of a cut sub. I have to accept the package to determine whether it is cut or not. The contract that was negotiated is clearly for a cut sub. They gave her an uncut sub and claimed she received the product so she had to cut the damn thing herself. She was bullied into cutting her own sub by these ignorant jerks. I don't blame her for throwing it at them but ultimately it is her fault for going into Subway in the first place.

OpIv37
01-13-2024, 06:30 PM
I'm just saying the picture on the menu of the supposed sub I ordered is of a cut sub. I have to accept the package to determine whether it is cut or not. The contract that was negotiated is clearly for a cut sub. They gave her an uncut sub and claimed she received the product so she had to cut the damn thing herself. She was bullied into cutting her own sub by these ignorant jerks. I don't blame her for throwing it at them but ultimately it is her fault for going into Subway in the first place.
I spent about 10 years working in places where the only restaurants in working distance were Subway or more traditional greasy fast food like McDonalds and Chinese takeout. So I ate way more of it than I like to admit. It was never particularly enjoyable. It was more of a “this is the least unhealthy option that I can get quickly” situation.

notacon
01-14-2024, 11:11 AM
Of all the time I spent in DC, I never tried that place. I do occasionally have to go back there for work so I will have to check that out. My friend took me to a good one just north of DC in Wheaton, MD. I blanked on the name but they just closed anyway.

Rubino’s in Rochester used to be really good. They’ve expanded so much so I don’t know if it’s the same.
DiBruno Bros in Philly is prob my all time favorite.
There’s one near me called Mastellone’s that’s good but they have really strange hours.

I was spoiled by DiBella's (https://www.dibellas.com/?_ga=2.144336053.1423518476.1705250990-333376432.1705250988)....who have massively expanded to several states....alas, they are not located any further west than Michigan and Ohio, although I am planning a trip to Rochester area this year to visit relatives, a visit to DiBella's is high on my list....so when my daughter brought me to Grazie (actually the name is Grazie Grazie) my expectations were tempered despite her raving about how great they were.

This changed my perception....

https://media.appfront.app/businesses/637b5606a0ccd63520649d8c/menu-items/972712436b2fdf993973bafa883b4188/600-_-contain_v4

It's called the "8 = 1"...."genoa salami, hot capicola, prosciutto, sharp provolone, ito, evoo+ (I have no idea what ito and evoo+ is) red wine vinegar house dressing. The bread was covered in sesame seeds and the combination of tastes is perfect.

Sometimes it's the combination of ingredients that makes something special.