PDA

View Full Version : Jets in first and it looks sustainable for once

mightysimi
01-10-2024, 01:18 PM
Jets are beating teams with a deep line up and great D. Dubois trade has helped turn us from an average team to a real good one.

Such a far change from the previous seasons of Hellebuyck having to steal games to controlling the puck all them time and only giving up 20-25 shots a game.

They have started well before but it has never looked like this. Hope they can keep it up! Currently up to 30 games giving up 3 goals or less and 10 with 2 or less.

Being #1 this late into the season isn't common in the peg so I am definitely enjoying the ride.

JATMtheJATM
01-10-2024, 01:36 PM
Jets are beating teams with a deep line up and great D. Dubois trade has helped turn us from an average team to a real good one.

Such a far change from the previous seasons of Hellebuyck having to steal games to controlling the puck all them time and only giving up 20-25 shots a game.

They have started well before but it has never looked like this. Hope they can keep it up! Currently up to 30 games giving up 3 goals or less and 10 with 2 or less.

Being #1 this late into the season isn't common in the peg so I am definitely enjoying the ride.

Aaw peg might be interested in Kane. I doubt Detroit trades him so soon, but

mightysimi
01-10-2024, 03:50 PM
Aaw peg might be interested in Kane. I doubt Detroit trades him so soon, but

Don't need wingers as much as a 2C. We also are winning due to defensive buy in and I'm not sure that is what we would get in Kane. On top of I'm sure Wpg is on his no go list like everyone else.

TheConsigliere
01-11-2024, 08:51 AM
The Bruins are in a little slump but they are not going anywhere.

mightysimi
01-11-2024, 11:26 AM
The Bruins are in a little slump but they are not going anywhere.
I also don't have illusions of holding off Colorado all season but I do think they will be in the top 3 in their division which is miles ahead of where we started with the Dubois trade and everyone assuming Scheifele and Hellebuyck were going to be traded.

TheConsigliere
01-14-2024, 10:39 AM
I also don't have illusions of holding off Colorado all season but I do think they will be in the top 3 in their division which is miles ahead of where we started with the Dubois trade and everyone assuming Scheifele and Hellebuyck were going to be traded.
I will grant you that.

I would love to have a pound or two of Deluca’s sausage right now to drop into the pasta sauce I have simmering.

TheConsigliere
01-22-2024, 09:36 PM
That was an absolute beating tonight in Boston.

Bruins now #1 overall once again, on a 5 game winning streak and getting healthy.

JATMtheJATM
02-02-2024, 09:52 AM
Looks like the Jets are trading for Sean Monahan.

DetoxTent
02-03-2024, 05:31 AM
https://nhlrumors.com/nhl-trade-sean-monahan-traded-to-the-winnipeg-jets/2024/02/02/

Monahan having a pretty good year and, as a bonus, is healthy. He has 35 points (13 goals and 22 assists) in 49 games with the Canadiens this season. Most experts felt he wasn't worth a 1st round pick, but after what Calgary got for Lindholm he wasn't going for less than that:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Montreal Canadiens are reportedly trading Sean Monahan to the Winnipeg Jets per <a href="https://twitter.com/PierreVLeBrun?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@PierreVLeBrun</a>. The market for centers is weak this year to be fair. However, in our eyes, Monahan is not worth a 1st round draft pick. So, we&#39;ll see what a return will be. <a href="https://t.co/PeWp8zcg1A">pic.twitter.com/PeWp8zcg1A</a></p>&mdash; Andy &amp; Rono (@ARHockeyStats) <a href="https://twitter.com/ARHockeyStats/status/1753447262238212343?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 2, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Montreal gets a 1st round pick in 2024 plus a conditional 3rd in 2027 if Winnipeg wins the Cup.

mightysimi
02-03-2024, 06:08 PM
The Jets own the Habs 2nd so with hopefully the 1 being late and the 2nd being early, it is could be as low as a drop of 10 spots. Hope he helps out.

JATMtheJATM
02-03-2024, 09:10 PM
The Jets own the Habs 2nd so with hopefully the 1 being late and the 2nd being early, it is could be as low as a drop of 10 spots. Hope he helps out.

Monahan is a guy I wanted the sabres to target as a reclamation project. He wasn't far removed from really solid seasons, and he's not old yet. It looks like I was right in that aspect

mightysimi
04-16-2024, 10:42 AM
Monahan is a guy I wanted the sabres to target as a reclamation project. He wasn't far removed from really solid seasons, and he's not old yet. It looks like I was right in that aspect
He has fit in seamlessly on the second line. Probably helps having Ehlers to play with.

mightysimi
04-16-2024, 10:43 AM
Colorado in the first round. Just up in the air if the Jets or Avs will be the 2 seed.

Jets are 3-0 against the Avalanche including the most recent 7-0 game while fighting for division seeding. So this is probably setting me up for some tragic end.

DetoxTent
04-16-2024, 11:59 AM
Such a far change from the previous seasons of Hellebuyck having to steal games to controlling the puck all them time and only giving up 20-25 shots a game.They have started well before but it has never looked like this. Hope they can keep it up! Currently up to 30 games giving up 3 goals or less and 10 with 2 or less.

A year ago at this time no one would have predicted that team would be where they are in the standings today. Good for them. If they can do it, Buffalo should be able to also.

JATMtheJATM
04-17-2024, 01:54 PM
I'm choosing the jets for the playoffs as my team to root for.

mightysimi
04-17-2024, 02:40 PM
A year ago at this time no one would have predicted that team would be where they are in the standings today. Good for them. If they can do it, Buffalo should be able to also.
No one would have. That was after the Dubois trade and everyone thought Scheifele and Hellebuyck were gone. I was hoping for wildcard at best. All of sudden shots against were down and we weren't relying only on Bucky so much. Team always had ability to score but keeping the danger shots down helped the normally good goalie play Vezina quality.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm choosing the jets for the playoffs as my team to root for.
I knew there was something good about you.

JATMtheJATM
04-17-2024, 03:32 PM
No one would have. That was after the Dubois trade and everyone thought Scheifele and Hellebuyck were gone. I was hoping for wildcard at best. All of sudden shots against were down and we weren't relying only on Bucky so much. Team always had ability to score but keeping the danger shots down helped the normally good goalie play Vezina quality.

- - - Updated - - -

I knew there was something good about you.

You weren't sure before?

mightysimi
04-17-2024, 07:57 PM
You weren't sure before?

Just busting chops. Only 5 of us that comment on hockey in here we need to stick together!

JATMtheJATM
04-17-2024, 10:32 PM
Just busting chops. Only 5 of us that comment on hockey in here we need to stick together!

I know I'm teasing back.