• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Can someone explain Mahomes’ helmet?

1. Why didn’t he have to be checked out for a potential concussion after taking a shot hard enough to break his helmet?

2. Why did the refs stop the clock so he could get a new one without charging the Chiefs a timeout?

I don’t think it would have mattered because Miami didn’t show up last night, but it sure seems like Mahomes got special treatment.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • Woodman
    Legendary Zoner
    • Apr 2014

Re: Can someone explain Mahomes’ helmet?

crybabies usually do.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• mightysimi
      Buckle me in on the highway of sin
      • Mar 2010

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
      1. Why didn’t he have to be checked out for a potential concussion after taking a shot hard enough to break his helmet?

2. Why did the refs stop the clock so he could get a new one without charging the Chiefs a timeout?

I don’t think it would have mattered because Miami didn’t show up last night, but it sure seems like Mahomes got special treatment.
      I was thinking the extreme cold played a factor in the helmet breaking more than the forceful blow. He should have had to come out to fix his gear though.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by mightysimi View Post
        I was thinking the extreme cold played a factor in the helmet breaking more than the forceful blow. He should have had to come out to fix his gear though.
        The cold thing makes sense on the break but yeah, it doesn’t explain why they stopped the game for him to fix his equipment. He should have came out or they should have used a timeout if they didn’t want to run a goal line play without him
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
          • Mar 2004

I thought he ran another play after??

Comment

• Woodman
            Legendary Zoner
            • Apr 2014

Should of had to come out and be checked for a concussion.

But the idiot refs never saw the helmet to helmet in the 1st place.

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Woodman
              Legendary Zoner
              • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
              I thought he ran another play after??
              Thought so ... I'm watching the game right now ......he did throw a pass with the helmet busted .... now 3rd and goal and they stop the game 7:56 of the 3rd.

Should have been forced to go out by rule.

21 yard FG 19-7 Chiefs.

Comment

• Skooby
                Skoobasaurus-Rex
                • Oct 2011

Any broken equipment especially helmets requires you to come off the field or take a timeout to stay on the field, it’s the actual rule but since it’s Mahomes they don’t want to hear him complain so they bend them for him.

Comment

• Woodman
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Skooby View Post
                  Any broken equipment especially helmets requires you to come off the field or take a timeout to stay on the field, it’s the actual rule but since it’s Mahomes they don’t want to hear him complain so they bend them for him.
                  It is the rule .....

Comment

• Ingtar33
                    Dances With Buffaloes
                    • Sep 2002

that was sort of bull****, but then the refs missed the clear helmet to helmet that broke the thing in the first place. but yeah, from my understanding the rule has always been you got to leave the field to replace the broken safety equipment or call a timeout. chiefs got some home cooking on that one. no one cares because it made no difference in the end.
                    My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Ingtar33 View Post
                      that was sort of bull****, but then the refs missed the clear helmet to helmet that broke the thing in the first place. but yeah, from my understanding the rule has always been you got to leave the field to replace the broken safety equipment or call a timeout. chiefs got some home cooking on that one. no one cares because it made no difference in the end.
                      It didn’t matter this time… but say a similar situation happens next week against us or Houston and they end up winning by 3…..
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Historian
                        2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                        • Dec 2002

That a helmet should crack in the cold, is unconscienable to me.

With all the billions this league generates....are you gonna tell me they can't come up with a hat that stays rigid in the heat, as well as pliable in the cold?

That should be a new rule for next year.

Every player should have TWO, functioning helmets, ready to go on gameday.

Comment

Working...
                        X