PDA

View Full Version : What a Bills SB would mean to you

Chet
01-17-2024, 08:17 AM
I can safely say that a Lombardi would give me at least 5 years of anxiety and anger-free NFL viewing experience.

I could live with another generational drought too. I wouldn’t like it, but all I need is one chip. Anything else is just gravy. Just win one and let me enjoy the rest of Allen’s career stress-free

Forward_Lateral
01-17-2024, 08:27 AM
Honestly?

After my wedding day, and the birth of my daughter, it would be the 3rd greatest day of my life.

I know people think that's nuts, but I'm like most of the people here. Die hard. Rarely miss a snap, let alone a game. Even when they were absolutely terrible, I lived for Sunday Buffalo Bills games.

I can't think of anything that would top a Bills Superbowl championship

Chet
01-17-2024, 08:30 AM
Marriages don’t last forever either, but a Buffalo Bills SB will.

I hear ya though, it would probably be #2 after getting married for me. Still working on our first sprog

Forward_Lateral
01-17-2024, 08:39 AM
Marriages don’t last forever either, but a Buffalo Bills SB will.

I hear ya though, it would probably be #2 after getting married for me. Still working on our first sprog

Up until the Bills finally broke the drought, they hadn't made the playoffs since I started dating my wife. In fact, the Music City BS happened about a month into our relationship.

Woodman
01-17-2024, 08:46 AM
1) Wedding Day of course. **** also my luckiest day 50 years last July!

1A) Birth of my son. (he was 1st) *** ( 3 kids)

1B) Birth of grandson (he was 1st) *** (5 grandkids)

1C) Super Bowl can't know exactly how it will impact me ...... but it'll be very emotional because of my dad ...... what will be the 1st thing I'll say? "We did it dad"

kscdogbillsfan1221
01-17-2024, 08:54 AM
emotionally, agreed. i could deal with another (not 17 year) drought much better

it would certainly be a top 5 day in my life. Been watching faithfully since 1990 and the only season i just didn't watch at all was 2001. busy at college and they were just beyond godawful.

financially: depending on who they played, it would net me between $3000 and $37000 based on three bets i made (2 in september and one in december) so i'd be real happy there too

Chet
01-17-2024, 09:07 AM
1) Wedding Day of course. **** also my luckiest day 50 years last July!

1A) Birth of my son. (he was 1st) *** ( 3 kids)

1B) Birth of grandson (he was 1st) *** (5 grandkids)

1C) Super Bowl can't know exactly how it will impact me ...... but it'll be very emotional because of my dad ...... what will be the 1st thing I'll say? "We did it dad"
Congrats Woodsie, no small feat

emotionally, agreed. i could deal with another (not 17 year) drought much better

it would certainly be a top 5 day in my life. Been watching faithfully since 1990 and the only season i just didn't watch at all was 2001. busy at college and they were just beyond godawful.

financially: depending on who they played, it would net me between $3000 and $37000 based on three bets i made (2 in september and one in december) so i'd be real happy there too
If you don’t mind me asking, what were the bets?

sukie
01-17-2024, 09:16 AM
So this is a SB win… a loss would be one for the thumb. The anxiety of the game because of the prior 4 is overwhelming but just making it leaves the window ajar for seasons to come.

As far as winning . I’d get some new attire and feel good for a few months… it’s a great story but it is a game at the end of the day. I think I would feel great for everyone else in WNY that is so entrenched. Some people have nothing else and I would love them to experience joy.

I’d also mentally flip off Dolphin fans with all the “How many did Bills win?”

oh and the the death of “What does BILLS mean?” (If I had a nickel…)

Novacane
01-17-2024, 09:22 AM
I'd cry. Guaranteed

Novacane
01-17-2024, 09:23 AM
I also agree that it would make watching Bills games a lot less stressful. Once you reach the summit, sure, you want to get there again but if you don't you'll always have that memory.

imbondz
01-17-2024, 09:30 AM
Can’t deal with that question. Too deep.

Chet
01-17-2024, 09:43 AM
I'd cry. Guaranteed
Cry isn’t poetic enough. I’d weep. Uncontrollably

Chet
01-17-2024, 09:46 AM
I’d listen to the songbirds in the morning. Maybe whistle a tune along with them.

I’d let everyone go ahead of me at 4 way stops, even if I was first. No more road rage. Might even start watching The View or Ellen.

sukie
01-17-2024, 10:34 AM
I can see it now… next season “They have yet to show they can win games after winning a Super Bowl”

kscdogbillsfan1221
01-17-2024, 11:02 AM
Congrats Woodsie, no small feat

If you don’t mind me asking, what were the bets?

I sent you a message

Woodman
01-17-2024, 11:16 AM
Another question might be after the initial joy what would you do to celebrate?

Cntrygal
01-17-2024, 11:23 AM
Can’t deal with that question. Too deep.

I can't think about this until the Bills make it to the SB again.

OpIv37
01-17-2024, 11:51 AM
I feel like we shouldn't be talking about this, like when you're at a baseball game and the pitcher has a no-hitter or a perfect game going. It's a jinx to mention it.

Woodman
01-17-2024, 11:53 AM
I feel like we shouldn't be talking about this, like when you're at a baseball game and the pitcher has a no-hitter or a perfect game going. It's a jinx to mention it.

Or hockey ..... don't need to explain that one.

Cntrygal
01-17-2024, 12:15 PM

:hail:

Novacane
01-17-2024, 12:31 PM

To late.

notacon
01-17-2024, 03:00 PM
This is a difficult question to answer.

My first memories of being a Bills fan was December 26, 1964 (I was 9 years old) my dad bringing our crappy 19" B&W TV into the cold attic so we could pull in the fuzzy TV signal from Erie, PA because the game (like every home game) was blacked out.

We won our first of two AFL Championships that day, followed up by the second AFL title, the last exactly one year later in relatively warm San Diego with that same crappy 19" B&W TV in my warm living room.

To tell the truth I was probably more excited with the Christmas presents I got the day before both of those wins. Memories from 9 & 10 years old are always fuzzy and fleeting.

Fast forward 25 years to the Bills first of four lost Super Bowls. I was freshly married (2nd one) of only three months, working (gleefully and constantly) on making my first daughter who was born 10 months later.

I was disappointed in losing that game (and the next three), especially the way it was lost with "wide right" entering into every Bills' fans vocabulary with sad shared comprehension.

I can't tell you how it WILL feel to finally win one of these. All I can do is hope that it will happens before my time is up on this Earth, so I can experience, first hand, what I've always dreamed of.

I already know that it can't come close to the satisfaction of having a family to love and support.

I'll never forget after my oldest daughter was born and I video taped the first minutes of her life (remember home video was rather new and unique in 1991....and my wife and I agreed to delay the video until after our new baby was actually born)....when I finally left my wife and new daughter to rest after an all-nighter of labor....I watched that video alone at home and broke down and cried my eyes out from pure uninhibited joy, sobbing and slobbering like a baby.

It felt like no other feeling!! And I already know that a Bills Super Bowl win will not come close....but it will be a LONG TIME coming!!

notacon
01-17-2024, 03:02 PM

Jinxes do not exist. No such thing.

Saratoga Slim
01-17-2024, 03:14 PM

Samesies. Stop it people!

Mace
01-17-2024, 03:52 PM
If the Bills ever do win a Super Bowl while I'm alive, past the joy, it would give me a measure of peace and serenity to validate 54 years of mostly angst as a Buffalo sports fan.

My Mom, uncles, aunts, brother, one sister, father....all dreamed of it and never experienced it.

The Sabres (haha) getting 1 Cup would complete the serenity. To be a Buffalo sports fan isn't in the least casual, you're committed lifelong, better or worse, like a marriage to a spouse you'll never leave no matter. In her last days in hospice, football season over, my Mom wanted the Sabres playoff games on. Whenever she awakened, she'd watch and talk hockey..."Maybe this is the year ?.........oh that defense.....soandso needs to shoot more....you have to make that save...."

If there's a jinx out there, it already happened because someone wore the wrong hat or will, or moved some memorabilia to the wrong spot. Hell with that, fly in the face of it. No fear. What will be will be.

At the worst, when you reach the pearly gates, St. Peter will be wearing an Allen jersey and tell you he can relate.

TheConsigliere
01-17-2024, 03:59 PM
Well, after a very intoxicated Mace and myself get arrested in Downtown Buffalo for running naked wearing only a Bills tube sock on our wieners, I would probably feel guilty the next morning in the holding cell awaiting our court appearances for that time I peed on Ralph’s grave.

Mace
01-17-2024, 06:34 PM
Well, after a very intoxicated Mace and myself get arrested in Downtown Buffalo for running naked wearing only a Bills tube sock on our wieners, I would probably feel guilty the next morning in the holding cell awaiting our court appearances for that time I peed on Ralph’s grave.

No you won't.

Turf
01-17-2024, 07:13 PM
I'd curl up in a ball and cry for I don't know how long, then get ****ing wasted and thank God.

Typ0
01-17-2024, 07:22 PM
This first one is a lot of unfinished business. The men who go there carry that weight on their shoulder all the time. It drives them to carry it because they are warriors and competitors.

Typ0
01-17-2024, 07:26 PM
I'm gonna take down my picture of Jesus Christ and hang up Ralph Wilson.

Buffalogic
01-17-2024, 08:26 PM
Relief

OpIv37
01-17-2024, 09:21 PM
I can’t even think about what it would mean to just MAKE a SB. I’ll be a complete head case for 2 ****ing weeks. I have no idea how the people actually involved can handle it.

POTLAND PSILBYLO
01-17-2024, 10:14 PM
I’d listen to the songbirds in the morning. Maybe whistle a tune along with them.

I’d let everyone go ahead of me at 4 way stops, even if I was first. No more road rage. Might even start watching The View or Ellen.

Yeah, songbirds and The View or Ellen

POTLAND PSILBYLO
01-17-2024, 10:15 PM
Personally, I would take up Banjo again.

jamze132
01-17-2024, 11:03 PM
The Bills Mafia cruise in April would be epic with a SB victory! Hell, it’s gonna be epic regardless!

T&C
01-17-2024, 11:15 PM
https://content.invisioncic.com/y304307/monthly_2024_01/AD1589A2-4EFB-4C15-913F-AC74723C143D.jpeg.5077ad2db71c391ee18faa83dfba42c4.jpeg

TheConsigliere
01-18-2024, 12:38 AM
No you won't.

You’re right….that pee felt so good at the time.

TheConsigliere
01-18-2024, 12:40 AM
I'm gonna take down my picture of Jesus Christ and hang up Ralph Wilson.

Check that it does smell of urine first.

Historian
01-18-2024, 04:29 AM
If the Bills ever do win a Super Bowl while I'm alive, past the joy, it would give me a measure of peace and serenity to validate 54 years of mostly angst as a Buffalo sports fan.

This is where I'm at.....just make it 56 years.

I felt we blew our best chance when we lost SB XXV, and everything else has just been window dressing.

The scars run deep:

SB XXV-XXVIII.
Ronnie Harmon's drop.
Homerun throwback.
The clock running out on Fergy in 1982.
Ron Smith.
13 seconds.
The Staley swindle.
Bruce's "facemask" penalty in the 88 Championship.
Roger Kochman.
The USFL.
The Drought.
0-20 to the fish.
The 1967 AFL Championship game.
The escalator clause.
The 1950 Merger.
"Just give it to 'em."
Harvey Johnson
Billy Joe Hobart
The Brentwood murders.
Defensive back injury blues: Damar Hamlin, Jeff Nixon, Tre White, Marlon Kerner, Robert James.
Kevin Everett.
Stevenson and Bullough.
The Lamonica trade.

I'm sure there's more. This is just what I can think of off the top of my head.

It's funny, how much this team continues to mean to us, despite all the heartbreak.

Funny thing is, I don't wish for a victory for myself, I wish for it for the area, which has had several punches to the gut, like the loss of steel and other industries, snowstorms that have turned us into a national punchline, and terrorists who have committed mass murder.

I think a lot of this would be vanquished with just one Super Bowl victory.

Just one.

DraftBoy
01-18-2024, 04:34 AM
24 hours of pure joy and euphoria. Then back to winning another one.

POTLAND PSILBYLO
01-23-2024, 06:08 PM

I felt we blew our best chance when we lost SB XXV, and everything else has just been window dressing.

The scars run deep:

SB XXV-XXVIII.
Ronnie Harmon's drop.
Homerun throwback.
Ron Smith.
13 seconds.
The Staley swindle.
Roger Kochman.
The USFL.
The Drought.
0-20 to the fish.
The escalator clause.
The 1950 Merger.
"Just give it to 'em."
Harvey Johnson
Billy Joe Hobart
The Brentwood murders.
Defensive back injury blues: Damar Hamlin, Jeff Nixon, Tre White, Marlon Kerner, Robert James.
Kevin Everett.
Stevenson and Bullough.
The Lamonica trade.

It's funny, how much this team continues to mean to us, despite all the heartbreak.

Funny thing is, I don't wish for a victory for myself, I wish for it for the area, which has had several punches to the gut, like the loss of steel and other industries, snowstorms that have turned us into a national punchline, and terrorists who have committed mass murder.

Just one.

The Gary Anderson cut in camp by professionally missing his FG's to get out of Buffalo
Walt Patulski - Perry Tuttle - Mikę Williams misses

Woodman
01-23-2024, 06:12 PM
Gary Anderson can rot.

imbondz
01-23-2024, 07:09 PM

The scars run deep:

SB XXV-XXVIII.
Ronnie Harmon's drop.
Homerun throwback.
Ron Smith.
13 seconds.
The Staley swindle.
Roger Kochman.
The USFL.
The Drought.
0-20 to the fish.
The escalator clause.
The 1950 Merger.
"Just give it to 'em."
Harvey Johnson
Billy Joe Hobart
The Brentwood murders.
Kevin Everett.
Stevenson and Bullough.
The Lamonica trade.

Just one.

It’s strange we’re all connected by a team that brings us so much joy only to rip our hearts out over and over. I’m exhausted from it.

Woodman
01-23-2024, 07:13 PM
Some day soon that battered and bruised heart will soar.