PDA

View Full Version : Bills put out the call for snow shovelers on Friday

Woodman
01-18-2024, 05:41 PM
The Bills are once again in the market for a few good snow shovelers.

The team is looking for people to come to Highmark Stadium at 2 p.m. ET on Friday in order to shovel snow ahead of Sunday night’s game against the Chiefs. The Bills posted similar calls ahead of Monday’s game against the Steelers, but there was so much snow that the seating areas of the stadium remained covered for the victory.

Shovelers will be paid $20 an hour and are being asked to bring their own shovels if they haven them, although the team notes shovels will be provided for those who don’t.

Bills put out the call for snow shovelers on Friday - NBC Sports (https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/bills-put-out-the-call-for-snow-shovelers-on-friday)

Woodman
01-18-2024, 06:03 PM
Hopefully some might be able to sit down ..... but just for a couple minutes. :D

Novacane
01-18-2024, 06:09 PM
They should be able to get the seats cleared if it's stopped snowing.

Saratoga Slim
01-19-2024, 09:10 AM
We're probably the only fan base that would walk into a more or less unshoveled stadium and be totally OK with it. The atmosphere last weekend was really amazing. Didn't hear a single complaint.

Ed
01-19-2024, 10:30 AM
I hope they leave some snow to throw in the air. I don't want to see snowballs getting thrown on the field, but it's cool to see the snow getting thrown in the air when they score.

Woodman
01-19-2024, 12:20 PM
I hope they leave some snow to throw in the air. I don't want to see snowballs getting thrown on the field, but it's cool to see the snow getting thrown in the air when they score.

cas22
01-19-2024, 12:34 PM
just think with a dome it would be the parking lot to clean and thats it,, the weather is not a advantage anymore, it use to be when teams didn't practice indoors , our buffalo bills are a dome team,,i'm still unbelieving that Buffalo didn't want a dome, so many ways for the state and county to make money with a dome vs a open air stadium.

Skooby
01-19-2024, 12:43 PM
No food or drink for shovelers today….

Goobylal
01-20-2024, 09:03 AM
just think with a dome it would be the parking lot to clean and thats it,, the weather is not a advantage anymore, it use to be when teams didn't practice indoors , our buffalo bills are a dome team,,i'm still unbelieving that Buffalo didn't want a dome, so many ways for the state and county to make money with a dome vs a open air stadium.

A dome would cost $500M more after cost overruns out of Pegs' pocket, never would have been recouped and would only be useful maybe once or twice a year for NFL games. As for using the stadium year round, no one wants to come to Buffalo for a major even in the dead of winter. So I can see why they didn't bother with a dome.

Cntrygal
01-20-2024, 11:42 AM
No food or drink for shovelers today….

People were tweeting out yesterday that there was pizza, hot pockets, and some kind of nutri bar (and drinks).

TheConsigliere
01-20-2024, 11:50 AM
All this drama from you wimpy Americans.

All you need is 4 Canadians with a shovel each arriving with a 24 of Labatts under each arm.

notacon
01-20-2024, 01:29 PM
It was reported that the Bills expected 200 shovelers to show up. About DOUBLE came.

We can bemoan the lack of a dome all we want...it's just not happening. That ship sailed a long time ago.

BUT, the new stadium has features that will avoid what has happened the past two weeks. The Athletic (where else...it remains a premier sports media source) had a great article (https://theathletic.com/5215237/2024/01/20/buffalo-bills-kansas-city-chiefs-weather-snow/) pointing out the improvements, with an interesting tidbit about how much Terry Peglua loves football in the elements....

A lot about the new stadium will be the same. It’s in the same neighborhood, smack dab in the middle of the snow belt. And it won’t have a retractable roof, either. It was cheaper to build it in this location without a roof. But owner Terry Pegula also loves outdoor football. He looked out at the crowd during the win over the Steelers (https://theathletic.com/nfl/team/steelers/) with pride and later released a rare statement reading, “I know the stadium conditions weren’t the best because of the storm, but the playful attitude and energy you brought yesterday was electric and memorable. I’ll never forget your snow celebrations during the game and after our touchdowns.”

The new stadium Pegula is building with the state’s help will have some modern amenities that will make a scene like the one that occurred Monday unlikely if not impossible. There will be a canopy over most of the seating area, multiple tunnels instead of one to make snow removal easier, a larger barrier in between the field and the seating ring so you can push snow onto the sidelines if it happens during a game and concourses wide enough for vehicles to remove snow from the upper deck without a sluice. There will also be a heated field to make the actual football conditions better