PDA

View Full Version : Stefon Diggs, Tyrel Dodson have no injury designation

Woodman
01-19-2024, 05:15 PM
The Bills will have receiver Stefon Diggs and linebacker Tyrel Dodson for Sunday’s playoff game against the Chiefs.
Neither has an injury designation.
Diggs has a foot injury that kept him out of practice Thursday and limited him Friday. Dodson missed last week’s game with a shoulder injury, but he returned to full participation Friday after being limited in practice the other two days.
On WGR 550 on Friday morning, Bills coach Sean McDermott ruled out receiver Gabe Davis (knee), cornerback Christian Benford (knee), safety Taylor Rapp (calf) and linebacker Baylon Spector (back). None of the four practiced this week.

Stefon Diggs, Tyrel Dodson have no injury designation - NBC Sports (https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/stefon-diggs-tyrel-dodson-have-no-injury-designation)

Woodman
01-20-2024, 09:11 AM
Tyrel Dodson welcome back ..... all able hands on deck!

BuffaloBlitz83
01-20-2024, 10:32 AM
If both Bernard and Dodson play it'll be huge! Playing Bernard is good

cookie G
01-20-2024, 11:18 AM
If both Bernard and Dodson play it'll be huge! Playing Bernard is good

The Chiefs get Pacheko back, but my son reminded me, we have Daquan Jones this time...he didn't play in the Chiefs regular season game.

To me, that is a huge, sneaky bonus.

But damned, these 2 team match up really, really close this season.

BuffaloBlitz83
01-20-2024, 11:28 AM
OP 0-5 last 5 weeks as bed picked against the bills

sukie
01-20-2024, 11:40 AM
The Chiefs get Pacheko back, but my son reminded me, we have Daquan Jones this time...he didn't play in the Chiefs regular season game.

To me, that is a huge, sneaky bonus.

But damned, these 2 team match up really, really close this season.

the D for KC also feasted on losing record teams. As a team they were not good vs winners. Skewed rankings?

notacon
01-20-2024, 01:22 PM
As cookie mentioned, having DaQuan Jones back is huge.

Dodson is the better run defending LB. It would be great to have Bernard back, but it's doubtful he will as effective with a bum ankle.

Taron Johnson is THE critical defender to have back on the field. He acts like a third LB, he is viciously vital against the run and excellent in pass protection.

There is a notable drop-off behind him. With Rapp out it gets even worse.

TigerJ
01-20-2024, 01:52 PM

Dodson is the better run defending LB. It would be great to have Bernard back, but it's doubtful he will as effective with a bum ankle.

Taron Johnson is THE critical defender to have back on the field. He acts like a third LB, he is viciously vital against the run and excellent in pass protection.

There is a notable drop-off behind him. With Rapp out it gets even worse.I think it's pretty likely that Taron Johnson makes it through the concussion protocol and plays on Sunday. Bernard is the biggest question mark for me. Dodson has improved lately, but Bernard is still faster, more athletic and has more of a nose for the ball.

tomz
01-20-2024, 06:29 PM

There is a notable drop-off behind him. With Rapp out it gets even worse.

Absolutely agree with the importance of Taron Johnson.

cookie G
01-20-2024, 08:57 PM
the D for KC also feasted on losing record teams. As a team they were not good vs winners. Skewed rankings?

Their D is pretty legit. The Packers scored 27 on them and Denver scored 24 on them once..but that's been it. NO other team scored more than 21.

Their NT is out, and I think Willie Gay is out. They can use Cook even more.

I think they've got some vulnerabilities though. I watched the reg. season game the other night, and a few plays seemed to ...befuddle them.

Cook had a nice gain on a sideline pass about 10-12 yards from the LOS, where he gained about 20 after the catch. They've found that play all year, whether its to Cook, or Davis, or someone else. Not sure how they are creating a breakdown in coverage ...but its working.

Remember the play late in the game where Davis was wide open? It happened earlier in the game, same pattern, opposite side of the field. Its a bit of an outside crossing pattern with Davis as outside WR and he croses with the slot receiver about 10 yards down the field. Josh didn't see it. But if he had, he could have hit him nand he would have been gone.

And, Shakir was open about 5 yards down the field with room to run in front of him...he was open ALOT in that area.

Much of the pressure on Josh seemed to be miscommunication than guys getting plain beat. Clean up their commnication...and he'll have more time this game.

sukie
01-20-2024, 09:12 PM
Yeah that’s the wheel route to cook. Same play vs eagles where he dropped a TD

notacon
01-21-2024, 11:14 AM
I think it's pretty likely that Taron Johnson makes it through the concussion protocol and plays on Sunday. Bernard is the biggest question mark for me. Dodson has improved lately, but Bernard is still faster, more athletic and has more of a nose for the ball.

I know "Bernard is still faster, more athletic and has more of a nose for the ball.". But, Dodson is better against the run and that is the context of my comment.

It looks like he and Taron Johnson are going to play today and that is a critical development against KC's run game with the dynamic Panheco.

My preference is to have BOTH Dodson AND Bernard on the field.