X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DetoxTent
    • Sep 2023

O'Cyrus Torrence

In 2014, Doug Whaley bragged to Bills fans that he stole Cyrus Kouandijo, the Alabama tackle, in the 2nd round. He had a first round grade and dropped. He sucked and failed and was then out of the league.

So some were nervous in 2023 when Brandon Beane repeated this history drafting an o-lineman with a first round grade who dropped into the second round. But... this time it appears the Bills struck gold. O'Cyrus Torrence, as a rookie, is the only Bills player to play every single snap during the season - played 1,164 snaps.
  • Chet
    Allenhu Joshbar
    • Feb 2017

Re: O'Cyrus Torrence

Love the kid, although he has struggled some in the back half of the season but I assume that’s conditioning and adjustment to a pro schedule. I remember one play a couple weeks ago where Wilkins dusted him pretty badly.

Make no mistake though he has been vital to our success.

Comment

• TheConsigliere
      • Aug 2022

Excellent draft choice by Beane.

I hope this successful result causes Beane to draft more OL in the first two rounds in the future.

We need an Offensive Centre this next draft.

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by TheConsigliere View Post

I hope this successful result causes Beane to draft more OL in the first two rounds in the future.

I prefer a center myself, but a centre will do :)

all kidding aside, I agree completely. Center, wr and safety I believe are priorities
        I came.
        I saw.
        I conquered.

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by kscdogbillsfan1221 View Post

all kidding aside, I agree completely. Center, wr and safety I believe are priorities
          Probably CB and LB depth as well.
          COMING SOON...
          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Goobylal
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Chet View Post
            Love the kid, although he has struggled some in the back half of the season but I assume that’s conditioning and adjustment to a pro schedule. I remember one play a couple weeks ago where Wilkins dusted him pretty badly.

Make no mistake though he has been vital to our success.
            Definitely. I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do next year with a full off-season in the S&C program. Same for Brown now that he's healthy.

It's not not drafting them high that's the issue: it's hitting on the player. Too many Cyrus Kouandjios and Cody Fords.

As for centER, I think that Bates will be the guy if Morse doesn't return, which is probably likely given his decline in play, age and cap number (saves almost $5.5M being released). But yes, if they draft an OL high, center is where I'd go.

Comment

• cas22
              • Jul 2005

Originally posted by kscdogbillsfan1221 View Post
              were gonna need D tackles for sure, we only have 1 under contract.

Comment

• TheConsigliere
                • Aug 2022

Originally posted by Goobylal View Post
                As for centER, I think that Bates will be the guy if Morse doesn't return....

That is psycho!!!

Comment

• tomz
                  • Feb 2007

Eh, he plays like his mother.
                  That is psycho!!!

Comment

• Chet
                    Allenhu Joshbar
                    • Feb 2017

Yes, we need to draft the best WR or G/C in the 1st (which ever position offers the best value at pick 32), then go with the alternate in the 2nd

Comment

• cookie G
                      • Mar 2003

I can't use the term "excellent",. To me, the pick was more "obvious".

By the time the BIlls drafted in the 1st, just about all of the OT's worth anything were gone. Even if they didn't take Kincaid, who they obviously wanted, they were down to the 2nd tier of OTs.

The run on interior OL started in the 2nd, as it usually does. Avila, Tippmann, Cody Mauch and John Michael Schmitz went before Buffalo drafted in the 2nd.

Why others passed on Torrence, idk...and idc. He was there. The Bills needed interior OL help, he fell. Allen might have killed Beane if he didn't make the pick.

IF anyone watched the Senior Bowl practices, they'd know that 1) he and Schmitz were the 2 best interior pass protectors, followed by Avila and 2) if they waited a round, there was a huge drop off in talent.

This was not a pick to overthink anything. He was there, he needed to be drafted.

But while we are giving accolades to Beane, the signing of McGovern turned out to be very, very good. A good pass protector, and a better run blocker than I expected.

idk what it is this year with the OL but...

Morse hasn't been concussed;
                      a rookie stepped in and played solid;
                      Brown, though not great, has played much better than last year;
                      Dion Dawkins, morbidly obese in March, magically lost over 40 lbs by opening day.

Raise your hand if you thought ...at this time last year, that the Bills would give up the fewest sacks in the league this season.

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
                        • Mar 2004

Cyrus is a keeper, solid rookie season and I believe he will continue to improve.

Comment

• JoshAllenMVP2021
                          • Jan 2021

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                          Probably CB and LB depth as well.
                          Yeah, but depth at those positions can be found in later rounds. Early on, we should focus WR and Safety. If we can get value on a Center too, so much the better.
                          "I think if you have diabetes you should also have to have money or else you deserve to die" - notacon, 10/10/23

Comment

• TheConsigliere
                            • Aug 2022

Originally posted by tomz View Post
                            Eh, he plays like his mother.
                            Bates is not and NEVER will be a starting calibre NFL Offensive Lineman.

Comment

• TheConsigliere
                              • Aug 2022

Originally posted by cookie G View Post
                              I can't use the term "excellent",. To me, the pick was more "obvious".

By the time the BIlls drafted in the 1st, just about all of the OT's worth anything were gone. Even if they didn't take Kincaid, who they obviously wanted, they were down to the 2nd tier of OTs.

The run on interior OL started in the 2nd, as it usually does. Avila, Tippmann, Cody Mauch and John Michael Schmitz went before Buffalo drafted in the 2nd.

Why others passed on Torrence, idk...and idc. He was there. The Bills needed interior OL help, he fell. Allen might have killed Beane if he didn't make the pick.

IF anyone watched the Senior Bowl practices, they'd know that 1) he and Schmitz were the 2 best interior pass protectors, followed by Avila and 2) if they waited a round, there was a huge drop off in talent.

This was not a pick to overthink anything. He was there, he needed to be drafted.

But while we are giving accolades to Beane, the signing of McGovern turned out to be very, very good. A good pass protector, and a better run blocker than I expected.

idk what it is this year with the OL but...

Morse hasn't been concussed;
                              a rookie stepped in and played solid;
                              Brown, though not great, has played much better than last year;
                              Dion Dawkins, morbidly obese in March, magically lost over 40 lbs by opening day.

Raise your hand if you thought ...at this time last year, that the Bills would give up the fewest sacks in the league this season.
                              Why after this post of yours does my Cornflakes taste like Missouri Urine?

Comment

Working...
                              X