PDA

View Full Version : Tre White next season and beyond

Chet
01-20-2024, 11:03 AM
With age and injury we have to be pragmatic about his athleticism and abilities going forward at CB.

With that said, do you guys think he could make the transition to FS? He’s still got a nose for the ball and is a heady player.

sukie
01-20-2024, 11:39 AM
Is he big enough? FS are starting to be hybrid LBs

notacon
01-20-2024, 01:14 PM
We all have really appreciated Tre' White.

Sorry to say, but he's probably not going to play another game in a Bills uniform.

An aging CB, coming off two consecutive serous injuries, it's difficult to justify him being the 5th highest cap hit on the team.

A $16M safety makes little sense too.

TigerJ
01-20-2024, 01:45 PM
I'm not convinced that Tre White can never play CB again. The problem is, coming back from an Achiles injury will make it just about impossible for him to be effective early in the 2024 season, especially following on he heels of and ACl tear. The Bills really can't count on him at all for next season. The question is whether they will want to string him along in hopes that by 2025 he's got enough left in the tank to be worth it. Buffalo needs to have cornerbacks they can count on in 2024, and sadly Tre White is not one of them. If they find the DBs they need for next season, it seems like they will choose to move forward in 2025 rather than backward.

Thurmal
01-20-2024, 02:16 PM
I kinda like the idea of Tre and Douglas at corner with Benford and Rapp (oe whoever) replacing Poyer and Hyde.

YardRat
01-20-2024, 02:24 PM
Yes, the smart play would be to move him to safety and re-do his contract.

jamze132
01-20-2024, 03:08 PM
Too expensive for the production he’ll provide. Thanks Tre, good luck!

OpIv37
01-20-2024, 04:21 PM
There’s no doubt that White has been a big part of the resurgence this team has had over the last 5 years. Unfortunately injuries have not been kind to him and I don’t think we will ever see the Tre of 3 years ago ever again.

Probably time to move on.

Lexwhat
01-20-2024, 04:55 PM
We all have really appreciated Tre' White.

Sorry to say, but he's probably not going to play another game in a Bills uniform.

An aging CB, coming off two consecutive serous injuries, it's difficult to justify him being the 5th highest cap hit on the team.

A $16M safety makes little sense too.
Agree. He is on the books for next year, but may not even play for us until the end of the season. Barring an amazing performance at the end of next season, I think he will be Cut before the 2025 season (unless he voluntarily takes a pay cut).

A move to Safety might be in White's future, but more so out of necessity - because I don't think he will ever be an effective CB ever again.

Better to extend Rasul Douglas and Christian Benford, than pay White's full 2025 salary.

Will be interesting to see what happens with Elam, but so far Benford is the better of the 2.

Novacane
01-20-2024, 05:33 PM
Agree. He is on the books for next year, but may not even play for us until the end of the season. Barring an amazing performance at the end of next season, I think he will be Cut before the 2025 season (unless he voluntarily takes a pay cut).

A move to Safety might be in White's future, but more so out of necessity - because I don't think he will ever be an effective CB ever again.

Better to extend Rasul Douglas and Christian Benford, than pay White's full 2025 salary.

Will be interesting to see what happens with Elam, but so far Benford is the better of the 2.

You don't think he will be ready to start training camp? He only got hurt 3 weeks later than Rodgers and they were talking like he was close to being able to play this year. I realize it could have all been BS but I didnt' think an achillies was an over 1 year rehab.

Forward_Lateral
01-20-2024, 05:35 PM
He will be gone unless he takes a huge pay cut to be a backup