PDA

View Full Version : Epic soul crushing disappointment

OpIv37
01-21-2024, 08:43 PM
The Bills specialize in it.

ANOTHER wide right.

Josh Allen will always be Mahomes’ ***** and will never win a SB.

**** this team.

Mad Max
01-21-2024, 08:44 PM
You couldn’t wait to evacuate your bowels on us eh. Troll on dude. I hope you’re very well paid by Xi Jin Ping

justasportsfan
01-21-2024, 08:45 PM
Always have to lose in heartbreaking fashion.
Josh is useless without Daboll. Passing game blows while Mahomes and Co make it look easy.

justasportsfan
01-21-2024, 08:47 PM
You couldn’t wait to evacuate your bowels on us eh. Troll on dude. I hope you’re very well paid by Xi Jin Ping

He's not wrong about what he said now but he's still wrong 90% of the time lately. Blind squirrel thing.

TacklingDummy
01-21-2024, 08:48 PM
I thought this board was going to be different with the new TOS rules.

Yet you allow this flamer.

Novacane
01-21-2024, 08:48 PM
For as well as he played this is on Josh. What more could he ask for than first down at the opponents 30 with 2 to play. Mahomes would have won it. JA missed an uncovered Diggs across the middle for an easy first down. I love him but think he'll probably be right there with Marino. Great stats. No rings.

Mad Max
01-21-2024, 08:49 PM
Always have to lose in heartbreaking fashion.
Josh is useless without Daboll. Passing game blows while Mahomes and Co make it look easy.

You’re really blaming Josh? They should have put up at least 31 if not for a dropped perfect ball by our number one WR. And an easy 27 against the best defense in the NFL if we didn’t have a high school kicker. This one is not on Josh.

Billscusey
01-21-2024, 08:49 PM
Nah, it’s fine. They made a game of it despite being seriously depleted on defence. Good game, I have no issue with the loss.

imbondz
01-21-2024, 08:51 PM
Groundhog Day

notacon
01-21-2024, 08:52 PM
No, it's not.

It's just a football game.

If one thinks this is "epic" and "soul crushing" they really need to get a life....and they need to get their priorities straight.

Thurmal
01-21-2024, 08:54 PM
Most Bills fans aretty numb at this point. I can't believe some still allow themselves to get their hopes given this team's history.

notacon
01-21-2024, 08:55 PM
A lot of posters here got what they waned and will give them things to ***** and moan about for months if not years.

OpIv37
Nah, it’s fine. They made a game of it despite being seriously depleted on defence. Good game, I have no issue with the loss.

Insane take. We may never get back. No more ****ing participation trophies.

justasportsfan
You’re really blaming Josh? They should have put up at least 31 if not for a dropped perfect ball by our number one WR. And an easy 27 against the best defense in the NFL if we didn’t have a high school kicker. This one is not on Josh.
I'm not blaming Josh at all. He's great
He was the reason why we got this far. But he isn't good enough to carry this team on his shoulders without someone putting him in the same position h was when Daboll was here. The difference between him and Mahomes is Reed.

Kenny
01-21-2024, 08:59 PM
\Passing game blows while Mahomes and Co make it look easy.

To be fair, if Mason ***** Rudolph was able to move the ball on us, it was a given Mahomes was going to rip us apart. Just too many injuries and the lack of any LB talent meant we were doomed.

That said, yeah. Feels like a failed season.

Prov401
01-21-2024, 08:59 PM

There is no doubt Diggs, Sherfield and Cook let Josh down with major drops... but Diggs was WIDE open on that underneath pass that last drive. I couldn't believe he didn't throw it to him. Mahomes makes that play. And I hate that I'm typing that. Josh needs a vet offensive play caller that isn't his friend. Someone that can real him in and have him focus on first downs instead of the big play..

imbondz
01-21-2024, 09:00 PM
I'm not blaming Josh at all. He's great
He was the reason why we got this far. But he isn't good enough to carry this team on his shoulders without someone putting him in the same position h was when Daboll was here. The difference between him and Mahomes is Reed.

Bullcrap. He didn’t miss a 41 yd FG. He’s plenty good enough. Our organization is not. We’re screwing up Allen’s Hall of Fame career.

Novacane
01-21-2024, 09:03 PM
No, it's not.

If one thinks this is "epic" and "soul crushing" they really need to get a life....and they need to get their priorities straight.

Yep. I'm already over it. Some things just aren't meant to be and it's starting to look like Buffalo getting a championship is one of those things.

malvado78
01-21-2024, 09:06 PM
Bullcrap. He didn’t miss a 41 yd FG. He’s plenty good enough. Our organization is not. We’re screwing up Allen’s Hall of Fame career.

I expect the Bills would have lost even if Bass made the FG. Chefs just need an FG and had plenty of time.

imbondz
01-21-2024, 09:10 PM

ANOTHER wide right.

**** this team.

What’s more f’ed up is we’ll all be back next year to do it all over again. wtf

YardRat
There is no doubt Diggs, Sherfield and Cook let Josh down with major drops... but Diggs was WIDE open on that underneath pass that last drive. I couldn't believe he didn't throw it to him. Mahomes makes that play. And I hate that I'm typing that. Josh needs a vet offensive play caller that isn't his friend. Someone that can real him in and have him focus on first downs instead of the big play..

It doesn't matter who the OC is, they can't make Josh make the right read on the field in real time.

Allen's had three different OC's and made the same mistakes under all of them.

justasportsfan

Good enough? Our season is over. He is good enough on his own to take us this far. Not the superbowl.

imbondz
01-21-2024, 09:11 PM
I expect the Bills would have lost even if Bass made the FG. Chefs just need an FG and had plenty of time.
Maybe. Maybe not. We’ll never know cuz our terrible kicker missed a very makeable 41 yd FG. KC kicker made a 50 yarder going against the wind.

YardRat
01-21-2024, 09:12 PM
I agree.

Not putting 7 on the board after the two minute warning was a far bigger 'miss' than Bass' kick.

imbondz
01-21-2024, 09:13 PM
Good enough? Our season is over. He is good enough on his own to take us this far. Not the superbowl.
So you’re saying if he was KC’s QB he wouldn’t be going to the SB. BS. Mahomes didn’t do anything special tonight and won.

Prov401
01-21-2024, 09:17 PM
It doesn't matter who the OC is, they can't make Josh make the right read on the field in real time.

Allen's had three different OC's and made the same mistakes under all of them.

I disagree. 2020/2021 he was looking to move the chains. Once his boy Dorsey got in there, his game changed.

DraftBoy
01-21-2024, 09:20 PM

ANOTHER wide right.

**** this team.

How is it any of those things to you considering you spent the entire game thread incorrectly predicting meltdowns and turnovers?

It's no any of those things in general, but you're claims of such pain are just laughable.

OpIv37
01-21-2024, 09:21 PM
How is it any of those things to you considering you spent the entire game thread incorrectly predicting meltdowns and turnovers?

It's no any of those things in general, but you're claims of such pain are just laughable.

Your.

And my expectations of failure don’t make the failure any less painful.

Novacane
01-21-2024, 09:22 PM

Very likely but that doesn't excuse Bass.

justasportsfan
01-21-2024, 09:22 PM
So you’re saying if he was KC’s QB he wouldn’t be going to the SB. BS. Mahomes didn’t do anything special tonight and won.

That's exactly what I'm saying when I said Mahones has Reed . If Josh had a better OC , he'd win the sb. He's not good enough as it is like Brady was who didn't need BB to win a sb.

DraftBoy
01-21-2024, 09:23 PM
Your.

Bull****.

Nobody buys that. Do you want to try again? It doesn't make you any less of a fan to not attempt to feel the worst of all the feelings.

BuffaloBlitz83
01-21-2024, 09:27 PM
This has no excuse.

https://x.com/_mlfootball/status/1749257203679154618?s=46&t=jAJjbKB9uII1pkAhxAjpzA

sukie
01-21-2024, 09:30 PM
Oddly I don’t feel bad. Missed the end zone throws which I thought were bad calls but…

‘’Say Shakir catches the TD… 1:47 and 2 TO foe Mahomes to crush our souls.

say Bass makes it… 1:20 and 2 TO to get a winning FG… soul stomping.

say we hold them… OT soul shredding loss.

this was the easiest out.

Now had they methodically got the 9… then you increase a winning TD but … it’s over. Window still open.

Luisito23
01-21-2024, 09:33 PM
Hardly from epic and I'm not disappointed...

I expected this loss from this team and HC.

kscdogbillsfan1221
01-21-2024, 09:35 PM
Your.

When you start attacking spelling/grammar is when you know you’ve lost the argument

Jimkelly12203
01-21-2024, 09:36 PM
“If I felt less, I could do more.”
― Charles Dickens

OpIv37
01-21-2024, 09:38 PM
Hardly from epic and I'm not disappointed...

I expected this loss from this team and HC.

Another wide right loss and 0-3 against the same team in the playoffs in the last 4 years. That’s epic. And I expected it too but that doesn’t make it any less disappointing.

Kenny
01-21-2024, 09:42 PM
I agree.

Not putting 7 on the board after the two minute warning was a far bigger 'miss' than Bass' kick.

Yeah, playcalling was stupid there. Not sure why we didnt continue to just dink and dunk there. Seemed like we were just content to try for the FG

DraftBoy
01-21-2024, 09:42 PM
Another wide right loss and 0-3 against the same team in the playoffs in the last 4 years. That’s epic. And I expected it too but that doesn’t make it any less disappointing.

So let's get this straight. You sat here all night and said this loss was going to happen and incorrectly predicted multiple meltdowns and turnovers that never happened. And the fact that we lost, which again you predicted, was somehow still such a shock to you that is was both epic and soul crushing?

Buddy I don't know how to tell you this, but I don't think you quite understand how predictions work.

OpIv37
01-21-2024, 09:47 PM
So let's get this straight. You sat here all night and said this loss was going to happen and incorrectly predicted multiple meltdowns and turnovers that never happened. And the fact that we lost, which again you predicted, was somehow still such a shock to you that is was both epic and soul crushing?

Buddy I don't know how to tell you this, but I don't think you quite understand how predictions work.

This has nothing to do with predictions. It has everything to do with blowing another winnable game, and not only doing that, but doing it in the same manner as the most crushing loss in franchise history. I could have predicted a 50 point blowout win. I could have predicted a 50 point blowout loss. None of that changes how ****ing frustrating it is to blow yet another game in this fashion.

kingJofNYC
01-21-2024, 09:49 PM
One of the problems all year was merging the run game with the pass game, like we can never get these big playaction passes of our run game because the two are so different, and tonight it hurt more than ever. They were efficient early, controlled clock, couldn't hit a big play off their pass game at all when it mattered, and the playaction passes did nothing.

I feel bad for some for the guys, Allen did what he could, felt like some of his guys let him down tonight. We ran too much in teh second half and KC was ready for it. Allen would like a couple of those plays back on the last drive, but he did enough tonight.

Not sure where this team goes from here, but the core group is over with due to age/salary issues.

sukie
01-21-2024, 09:51 PM
This wasn’t soul crushing. 13 seconds was soul crushing. Music City was soul crushing. This was a relief. PM woulda march down and Buckner woulda nailed a walk off… THAT woulda been crushing.

by not going for the first was a mistake but not like the mistake of Sideline coverage 2 years ago .

there was too much time left I would have rather they went for it on 4th.

DraftBoy
01-21-2024, 09:52 PM
This has nothing to do with predictions. It has everything to do with blowing another winnable game, and not only doing that, but doing it in the same manner as the most crushing loss in franchise history. I could have predicted a 50 point blowout win. I could have predicted a 50 point blowout loss. None of that changes how ****ing frustrating it is to blow yet another game in this fashion.

Again I don't think you fundamentally understand how predictions work if you truly feel the way you claim about this loss. It makes no sense given the way you post here both leading up to and during a game.

OpIv37
01-21-2024, 09:58 PM
Again I don't think you fundamentally understand how predictions work if you truly feel the way you claim about this loss. It makes no sense given the way you post here both leading up to and during a game.

I’m not sure why you’re confused. I want the Bills to win. I predict them to lose because it’s what they do, but I’m still disappointed because I want them to win. It’s not complicated.

DraftBoy
01-21-2024, 09:59 PM
I’m not sure why you’re confused. I want the Bills to win. I predict them to lose because it’s what they do, but I’m still disappointed because I want them to win. It’s not complicated.

That I get it. It's your attempt to overdramatize it that doesn't make any sense given your own actions here.

kingJofNYC
01-21-2024, 10:12 PM
This wasn’t soul crushing. 13 seconds was soul crushing. Music City was soul crushing. This was a relief. PM woulda march down and Buckner woulda nailed a walk off… THAT woulda been crushing.

by not going for the first was a mistake but not like the mistake of Sideline coverage 2 years ago .

there was too much time left I would have rather they went for it on 4th.
I kind of feel the same way. Maybe it's because we've become conditioned to this **** by now, but I went in expecting to L and was kind of surprised with how we pushed them around early, but the 2nd half was more of what I expected.

Still they got close and it stings.

OpIv37
01-21-2024, 10:14 PM
That I get it. It's your attempt to overdramatize it that doesn't make any sense given your own actions here.

Here’s the thing though: I predicted a lot of things during the game that were wrong. What actually happened was FAR WORSE than any of my incorrect predictions. They re-created the most epic disappointment in franchise history. I expected an epic failure, but even in trying to predict the most epic failure I could think of, another “wide right” never even crossed my mind.

It’s impossible to overdramatize this franchise because they fail in such epic fashion that even the most jaded person can’t imagine it.

DraftBoy
01-21-2024, 10:16 PM
Here’s the thing though: I predicted a lot of things during the game that were wrong. What actually happened was FAR WORSE than any of my incorrect predictions. They re-created the most epic disappointment in franchise history. I expected an epic failure, but even in trying to predict the most epic failure I could think of, another “wide right” never even crossed my mind.

It’s impossible to overdramatize this franchise because they fail in such epic fashion that even the most jaded person can’t imagine it.

Yeah, I don't think you believe any of that. They missed a FG, that happens all the time. The fact that you want to claim that you'd be unable to think of that given how Bass had been over the last few weeks is a far more concerning admission than anything else you've said.

notacon
01-21-2024, 10:18 PM
I don't believe you. You talk and act like a fan of any other team but the Bills. When they do win, you always...I mean ALWAYS find a dark cloud to ruin the win and hammer away at it. There is zero evidence you "want he Bills to win" from your thousands of posts.

You don't have to continue (saying) you're a Bills fan. There are 31 other teams you can choose. ****, you live in freakin' Baltimore and they are probably going to the SB this year.

Latch on to them and spare us your trolling.

OpIv37
01-21-2024, 10:23 PM
Yeah, I don't think you believe any of that. They missed a FG, that happens all the time. The fact that you want to claim that you'd be unable to think of that given how Bass had been over the last few weeks is a far more concerning admission than anything else you've said.

That’s a myopic way of looking at it. They were leading the game at halftime. This is a team that has knocked them out of the playoffs 2 of the last 3 years. The most epic loss in franchise history was the “wide right” loss in the SB. They needed a FG to stay in the game and have a chance to get the Chiefs monkey off their back, and it went wid right. Game over.

It wasn’t just a struggling kicker missing a FG. That happens. This miss had much larger implications and brought up past failures.

Allen will never get past Mahomes. This franchise will continue to disappoint in big moments. This miss confirms it.

OpIv37
01-21-2024, 10:24 PM
I don't believe you. You talk and act like a fan of any other team but the Bills. When they do win, you always...I mean ALWAYS find a dark cloud to ruin the win and hammer away at it. There is zero evidence you "want he Bills to win" from your thousands of posts.

You don't have to continue (saying) you're a Bills fan. There are 31 other teams you can choose. ****, you live in freakin' Baltimore and they are probably going to the SB this year.

Latch on to them and spare us your trolling.
This is just dumb. The Bills literally failed yet again just a couple of hours ago and you are making it about me instead of them.

You say I make a win into a “dark cloud” but they’re the ones who always fail in the end, not me.

sukie
01-21-2024, 10:24 PM
That’s a myopic way of looking at it. They were leading the game at halftime. This is a team that has knocked them out of the playoffs 2 of the last 3 years. The most epic loss in franchise history was the “wide right” loss in the SB. They needed a FG to stay in the game and have a chance to get the Chiefs monkey off their back, and it went wid right. Game over.

It wasn’t just a struggling kicker missing a FG. That happens. This miss had much larger implications and brought up past failures.

Allen will never get past Mahomes. This franchise will continue to disappoint in big moments. This miss confirms it.

It wasn’t a game winning kick that went wide…. It was an opp for Mahomes to stomp us with a field goal walk off… touch down or bust that last drive.

notacon
01-21-2024, 10:31 PM
This is just dumb. The Bills literally failed yet again just a couple of hours ago and you are making it about me instead of them.

You say I make a win into a “dark cloud” but they’re the ones who always fail in the end, not me.

NO it's not dumb. What I said is SPOT ON and 100% accurate!!!!

OpIv37
01-21-2024, 10:37 PM
NO it's not dumb. What I said is SPOT ON and 100% accurate!!!!

I didn’t lose the game. The Bills did.

DraftBoy
01-21-2024, 10:37 PM

Myopic? You mean acknowledging that missed FG’s happen every week and that we have had a struggling kicker? Most would call that reality.

OpIv37
01-21-2024, 10:38 PM
It wasn’t a game winning kick that went wide…. It was an opp for Mahomes to stomp us with a field goal walk off… touch down or bust that last drive.

Of course. But making the FG at least give us a chance to win. Instead, another wide right effectively ends it.

sukie
01-21-2024, 11:00 PM
Of course. But making the FG at least give us a chance to win. Instead, another wide right effectively ends it.
I’m channeling you here. 1:21 and 2 time outs for a walk off field go… how is that gonna work out?

fine… they screw up… and we go to ooooooovertime… good luck there too. No touchdown that lat drive… no win.

even a TD with 1:47… 2 time outs and that’s not automatically a win but it’s closer. Missing the kick spared us a walk off humiliation. The Bills O has flaws and it isn’t Brady… WR position was terrible down the stretch outside Kincaid and our new slot guy… Shakir.

once we move on from Diggs whenever… no need to sign a #1… Chiefs don’t have one… Patriots outside Moss had really good slot guys and a bunch of Sherfields.

Draft WR every year with priority… and oline.

Gibby 2.0
01-21-2024, 11:04 PM
Disappointing? Yes

Soul Crushing? Well, seven weeks ago this team was on the outside looking in. This week they were within a couple of brain farts from playing in the conference title game. Disappointing? Sure. Soul crushing? Well, go back to the season predictions thread from this past summer. Yardrat had like 9-8. There were lots of 8-9 predictions too. I did have 11 or 12 wins (but didn't have a division title). So really, everyone thought this would be a down year. That they slogged and fought their way back to relevance removed this from the soul crushing category.

Yeah, its the end of an era. Yeah, it was disappointing. However, no it wasn't soul crushing. Its not even one of the top 10 losses in my lifetime:

Wide right
XXVIII, thought we had a chance at that
13 Seconds
Kelly's last Hurrah, the Jacksonville loss in 96
Homerun Throwback
Cleveland 89
Steelers Backups
Meltdown in Miami, the Flutie Flakes game
Patriots 1994, Took a 17-0 lead and then allowed 41 straight points to the Cheaties
Houston 2019

This game is up there, but not in the top ten. Damn, we've seen some ****. Wait, is part of the lore of this team wait until next year? Oh well, it is what it is.

sukie
01-21-2024, 11:07 PM
Disappointing? Yes

Soul Crushing? Well, seven weeks ago this team was on the outside looking in. This week they were within a couple of brain farts from playing in the conference title game. Disappointing? Sure. Soul crushing? Well, go back to the season predictions thread from this past summer. Yardrat had like 9-8. There were lots of 8-9 predictions too. I did have 11 or 12 wins (but didn't have a division title). So really, everyone thought this would be a down year. That they slogged and fought their way back to relevance removed this from the soul crushing category.

Yeah, its the end of an era. Yeah, it was disappointing. However, no it wasn't soul crushing. Its not even one of the top 10 losses in my lifetime:

Wide right
13 Seconds
Homerun Throwback
Cleveland 89
Steelers Backups
Patriots 1994, Took a 17-0 lead and then allowed 41 straight points to the Cheaties
Houston 2019

This game is up there, but not in the top ten. Damn, we've seen some ****. Wait, is part of the lore of this team wait until next year? Oh well, it is what it is.
Gibbs, it would be top 5 if Bass made it and Mahomes marches for a walk off FG. Or better yet a FG that leaves Josh 13 seconds.

OpIv37
01-21-2024, 11:12 PM
Myopic? You mean acknowledging that missed FG’s happen every week and that we have had a struggling kicker? Most would call that reality.

That would be completely ignoring that we are 0-3 against the chiefs in the playoffs and the most epic loss in franchise history was a wide right FG attempt. But for some reason those realities don’t count for you.

OpIv37
01-21-2024, 11:15 PM
Disappointing? Yes

Wide right
13 Seconds
Homerun Throwback
Cleveland 89
Steelers Backups
Houston 2019

You don’t find it soul crushing that the Bills just keep adding to this list? You didn’t even mention the Romo 6 turnover game, McFumbles, the Hail Murray, OT loss to the Eagles this year… it just keeps going.

Novacane
01-21-2024, 11:25 PM
You don’t find it soul crushing that the Bills just keep adding to this list? You didn’t even mention the Romo 6 turnover game, McFumbles, the Hail Murray, OT loss to the Eagles this year… it just keeps going.

You of all people should never feel like this team crushed your soul. In a way you're admitting your "they have no chance" talk isn't really what you believe. If you really believed they had no chance how can your soul be crushed?

OpIv37
01-21-2024, 11:57 PM
You of all people should never feel like this team crushed your soul. In a way you're admitting your "they have no chance" talk isn't really what you believe. If you really believed they had no chance how can your soul be crushed?

I really can’t believe I have to keep explaining this. What I want to happen and what I expect to happen are two completely different things.

I expect the Bills to crush my soul. Not just to lose, but to find some nearly impossible epic awful way of losing, which is exactly what they did.

But I want the Bills to win so ****ing badly. I know I ***** a lot on here, but honestly, I’m a really content guy. My life isn’t exactly ideal, but for the most part, I’m getting everything I want out of life. Everything else that I I’ve ever wanted, I’ve figured out how to get some version of it, or realized it doesn’t really matter and stopped caring.

The lone exception is a Bills title. I’ve wanted it for approximately 35 years and it hasn’t happened. I don’t see when it will, and unlike other things that I care about, I have zero control over whether it actually happens in my lifetime.

Admittedly, I’m dumb for caring so much about something I can’t control. But I do and I can’t help it. I’ve been emotionally invested since i was 11 years old during the Wide Right season and I can’t let it go.

And I’ll also never understand why so many here can’t comprehend the difference between what one wants to happen and what one expects to happen.

Historian
01-22-2024, 06:18 AM
Disappointing? Yes

Wide right
13 Seconds
Homerun Throwback
Cleveland 89
Steelers Backups
Houston 2019

Great list Gibby, but, (and I know you probably weren't alive for these, But it needs to include)

1. The loss to SD in the 1980 playoffs, winning 14-13 at the two minute warning, Fouts hits RON SMITH (who barely played all season) for an 80 yard touchdown pass. THAT was gut-wrenching.

2. 1981 playoffs, Fergy hits Lou Piccone for a critical first on fourth down at the end of the Bengals playoff game, but the ref calls delay of game.

Those were "soul-crushing".

This was just another Divisional loss in a long string of Divisional losses:

1974: Steelers
1980: Chargers
1981: Bengals
1989: Browns
1995: Steelers
2021: Chiefs
2022: Bengals
2023: Chiefs

Throw in the Wild Card losses:

1995: Jaguars
1998: fish
1999: Titans
2017: Jaguars
2019: Texans

Almost make you wonder if this team isn't cursed somehow.

My pulse never got above 69 yesterday, because I figured with all the injuries we have sustained this season on defense....we were playing with house money.

And not to beat a dead horse, but they came back from 6-6 to defeat the fish, who were in first place 15 of 17 weeks, to win the division.

HUGE win, IMHO.

Defeated a real tough Steeler team in the WC round.

Another big one.

I guess I didn't expect much, so I was not terribly dejected after this one.

:idunno:

Forward_Lateral
01-22-2024, 06:25 AM
My soul isn't crushed. I didn't yell once.

They were playing with a MASH unit on defense. Klein has no business on an NFL field, and Dorian looks like a puppy just running around pissing all over everything. But they had no choice. They fought on, even though they were clearly outmatched.
It was clear who the NFL and who the refs wanted to win, and they got what they wanted, by hell or high water.

The game is rigged, whether you want to admit it or not, and The Bills are never going to be the media darlings or the team the NFL wants hoisting the Lombardy trophy. They'd rather have Kelce and Swift hugging together on the field covered in confetti in 3 weeks.

Meh. It is what it is. They had a nice run, and turned a 6-6 left for dead season into a home Divsional playoff game, that unfortunately they couldn't win. It still beats the alternative of 6-10 seasons and looking to the draft by week 8.

imbondz
01-22-2024, 09:56 AM
KC was just as banged up. Not gonna use the injury excuse. We had plenty of opportunities last night and f’ed em up. I hate being a Bills fan right now. Absolutely hate it. We couldn’t even get a first down 11 against 10 on a ridiculous fake punt call. We had a win handed to us and choked once again.

Novacane
01-22-2024, 10:08 AM
KC was just as banged up. Not gonna use the injury excuse. We had plenty of opportunities last night and f’ed em up. I hate being a Bills fan right now. Absolutely hate it. We couldn’t even get a first down 11 against 10 on a ridiculous fake punt call. We had a win handed to us and choked once again.

Exactly! No excuses. Thats such a loser mentality. Despite injuries it was right there for the taking. 2nd and 9 at the KC 26 after the 2 minute warning. Call smart plays to get another first down then either win it or kick a FG with no time and go to OT. The Bills blew it. Not the injuries.

Novacane
01-22-2024, 10:13 AM
Mahomes dropped long passes right in his receiver's hands and they caught them. Josh put long passes right in our receivers hands and they dropped them.

**** excuses. I can't believe how many people are happy with participation trophies.

kscdogbillsfan1221
01-22-2024, 10:13 AM
Mahomes dropped long passes right in his receiver's hands and they caught them. Josh put long passes right in our receivers hands and they dropped them.

**** excuses. I can't believe how many people are happy with participation trophies.

I’m with you

TacklingDummy
01-22-2024, 10:49 AM

Not sure anyone is happy besides the flaming troll.

Historian
01-22-2024, 10:56 AM
If anything, I don't find it the least bit upsetting that we lost to a real good team, especially with all our injuries, by a mere three points.

What really bothers me, is losing to teams we know we should have beat, like the Jets, Broncos and Jags.

Those are the games that make me want to smash my tv.

Not this one.

Forward_Lateral
01-22-2024, 11:01 AM

Get a grip

NObody said they were happy. I said I am not letting it ruin my life.

Also, I don't recall making excuses, I was stating facts. The Bills had 4 healthy LBs, 1 of which was on the couch 2 weeks ago, and the other plays only special teams. Again, not excuses, just facts. They couldn't stop KC. The forced 5. FIVE third downs. FIVE. They simply did not have the capability.

Forward_Lateral
01-22-2024, 11:11 AM
If anything, I don't find it the least bit upsetting that we lost to a real good team, especially with all our injuries, by a mere three points.

What really bothers me, is losing to teams we know we should have beat, like the Jets, Broncos and Jags.

Those are the games that make me want to smash my tv.

Not this one.

Agreed. Am I sad the season is over? Yes. But so is my stress. Now I can either watch, or not watch next weekend, depending on how I feel.

Everyone wants a championship. I want one just as badly as anyone else. I'm just refusing to let it ruin my life if they don't achieve it. I used to let it ruin my entire week. Not now.

Historian
01-22-2024, 11:46 AM
Brownie just made a good point on One Bills Live too:

This isn't a "The Bills can't get past Mahomes" thing.

It's "The AFC can't get past Mahomes" thing.

He equates having Mahomes in the AFC to Jordan being on the Bulls.

No matter how good you are, you're just not good enough.

Forward_Lateral
01-22-2024, 11:50 AM

Yep, and I fully expect the Chiefs to beat Baltimore next week and then win the Superbowl, yet again.

Canadian'eh!
01-22-2024, 11:52 AM
Bottom line:

We have seen this team choke MANY times when the pressure gets high under McD. It’s a mentality that comes from the Head Coach. McD finds ways to turn wins into losses

There neeeds to be accountability for his constant playoff failures

Typ0
01-22-2024, 11:56 AM
Bottom line:

We have seen this team choke MANY times when the pressure gets high under McD. It’s a mentality that comes from the Head Coach. McD finds ways to turn wins into losses

There neeeds to be accountability for his constant playoff failures

He doesn't push forward to win .... he retreats to fight another day but the clock runs out on him TODAY.

TacklingDummy
01-22-2024, 12:07 PM

Mahomes did nothing special to win yesterday. I'm not even sure the Bills touched him.

Saratoga Slim
01-22-2024, 12:17 PM

Shakir was wide open too. That's a pass Josh hits 9/10 times. Took a bump from Chris Jones at the last second, couldn't get his body into it. I don't hate that he went for it.

JoshAllenMVP2021
01-22-2024, 12:23 PM
I can't fathom how much of a joke someone's life has to be that they dedicate it to trolling a message board for a team they hate.

You're not a Bills fan, and you've never been a Bills fan. Fans are capable of joy, and you prove routinely that you do not have that capacity.

Please go to therapy, there's something wrong with you.

OpIv37
01-22-2024, 01:56 PM

Sorry, I'm not buying it. Brady is the GOAT (it makes me physically ill to admit that) and there were at least 7 times where he made the playoffs and didn't get out of the AFC.

And, between Kelly and Allen, it took us 20 years to find a QB. I'm not accepting "sorry, you don't get to play in the SB because someone else has a better QB" as an excuse.

notacon
01-22-2024, 03:27 PM
Sorry, I'm not buying it. Brady is the GOAT (it makes me physically ill to admit that) and there were at least 7 times where he made the playoffs and didn't get out of the AFC.

And, between Kelly and Allen, it took us 20 years to find a QB. I'm not accepting "sorry, you don't get to play in the SB because someone else has a better QB" as an excuse.
It's not an "excuse"...it's plain reality.

Josh Allen is barely half way though his career. You have already given up on him, and the Bills, which is your norm.

I'm not buying your crap....no one with a shred of football knowledge or the ability to comprehend reality should either.

notacon
01-22-2024, 03:30 PM
Mahomes did nothing special to win yesterday. I'm not even sure the Bills touched him.

"Nothing special" except he played a virtually perfect game.

As I have said in another thread (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/264892-At-2-min-mark?p=5078449&viewfull=1#post5078449)....

"It's obvious that Josh Allen IS a superstar and an undeniable elite QB. I believe that he will (eventually) win a SB. BUT, Mahomes is simply better. He makes better decision and makes less mistakes. Mahomes played a perfect game yesterday....Josh played an almost perfect game.

The difference between "perfect" and "almost perfect" is a tiny slice of incredibly narrow difference, but is the difference between going to six straight AFCC games and thee Super Bowls with two Super Bowl wins and getting booted form the divisional round three years in a row."

sahlensguy
01-22-2024, 04:04 PM
I have crushing disappointment in Josh. Came up small after the 2:00 warning when it mattered most.

A true warrior but he doesn't learn. Not even from the lesson of 13 seconds.

OpIv37
01-22-2024, 07:59 PM
It's not an "excuse"...it's plain reality.

Josh Allen is barely half way though his career. You have already given up on him, and the Bills, which is your norm.

I'm not buying your crap....no one with a shred of football knowledge or the ability to comprehend reality should either.

Josh Allen is way more than halfway through his career. He’s got maybe 3 good years left. His game is dependent on speed and his physical play will shorten his career.

And it is an excuse. Manning didn’t use Brady as an excuse to not win a title.

Novacane
01-22-2024, 08:59 PM
Not sure anyone is happy besides the flaming troll.

I didn't say anyone is happy. I said there's lots of people using the injured defense as an excuse. The game was still there for the taking.

Novacane
01-22-2024, 09:02 PM

Baltimore has a healthy D. I expect them to beat KC.

Forward_Lateral
01-23-2024, 06:51 AM
Josh Allen is way more than halfway through his career. He’s got maybe 3 good years left. His game is dependent on speed and his physical play will shorten his career.

And it is an excuse. Manning didn’t use Brady as an excuse to not win a title.

OPI. Give your head a shake. This might be the dumbest thing you've ever posted on here. He'll be 28 next season. He's not anywhere near the end of his career.

Typ0
01-23-2024, 07:26 AM
Mahomes didn't even break a sweat on Sunday. He is not why they won unless you consider his brain that slows down and tries to get done what is required not make sure the world knows you are the biggest, baddest player on every single frigging play.

Having Josh Allen here is an enabler for Bills fans to think they have something they don't.

Keep fooling yourself.

sahlensguy
01-23-2024, 07:28 AM
OPI. Give your head a shake. This might be the dumbest thing you've ever posted on here. He'll be 28 next season. He's not anywhere near the end of his career.

Running backs peak at 28. Josh's legs will be on the downside of his career soon, when his best years will be behind him.

TacklingDummy
01-23-2024, 07:29 AM
Not being touched, having all day to throw, recievers wide open, makes a QBs job easy.

sahlensguy
01-23-2024, 07:31 AM
Mahomes didn't even break a sweat on Sunday. He is not why they won unless you consider his brain that slows down and tries to get done what is required not make sure the world knows you are the biggest, baddest player on every single frigging play.

Having Josh Allen here is an enabler for Bills fans to think they have something they don't.

Keep fooling yourself.

Mahonmes does not go for the TD on the first play out of the 2:00 minute warning. Nor does Brady, Manning etc. You don't win SBs with your arm alone.

sahlensguy
01-23-2024, 07:33 AM
Not being touched, having all day to throw, recievers wide open, makes a QBs job easy.

But in crunch time, do they know more than just how to run and throw? The best ones do

Typ0
01-23-2024, 07:36 AM
Running backs peak at 28. Josh's legs will be on the downside of his career soon, when his best years will be behind him.

Oh no, people say Brady was playing at 40 so Josh Allen will be playing until he's 40 ... which is a crock of ****. Brady was a ****ing statue totally other situation...

- - - Updated - - -

But in crunch time, do they know more than just how to run and throw? The best ones do

funny how someone who can get the ball right out there looks like they have all day to throw....and if Josh Allen did actually have all day to throw every single throw is going into the end zone.

sahlensguy
01-23-2024, 07:42 AM
Oh no, people say Brady was playing at 40 so Josh Allen will be playing until he's 40 ... which is a crock of ****. Brady was a ****ing statue totally other situation...

- - - Updated - - -

funny how someone who can get the ball right out there looks like they have all day to throw....and if Josh Allen did actually have all day to throw every single throw is going into the end zone.

Brady would have known how to manage the clock at the end the game. He most certainly would not have looked to hit Shakir for the TD, giving the ball back to Mahonmes with 1:50 left with a chance for the game winning glory drive.

Sorry Josh, you ended this season's journey in crushing disappointment.

Typ0
01-23-2024, 07:45 AM
Brady would have known how to manage the clock at the end the game. He most certainly would not have looked to hit Shakir for the TD, giving the ball back to Mahonmes with 1:50 left with a chance for the game winning glory drive.

Sorry Josh, you ended this season's journey in crushing disappointment.

Because Bills fans seem to see Josh Allen ONLY for the positives he brings to the table and can't seem to grasp the things we have going on that negate his positives.

TacklingDummy
01-23-2024, 07:52 AM
Example 1. Josh had plenty of time to perfectly throw a ball 60+ yards in the air to Diggs who was barley open and Diggs drops it.

Mahomes has all day to throw to Kelce whos defenders run into each other leaving Kelce wide open for a touchdown.

TacklingDummy
01-23-2024, 07:54 AM
Shakir touchdown reception. Mahomes doesn't make that play.

sahlensguy
01-23-2024, 07:56 AM
Because Bills fans seem to see Josh Allen ONLY for the positives he brings to the table and can't seem to grasp the things we have going on that negate his positives.

I mean I wouldn't say that's only some Bill's fans.

But I've seen enough of McD. He'll never win a SB. There are too many times on that run that you have to out coach the opposition to win it all. He'll lose more of those battles than the ones he will win and it will cost the team.

sahlensguy
01-23-2024, 07:58 AM
Shakir touchdown reception. Mahomes doesn't make that play.

You drive for show but putt for dough.

Who do you take on the last drive with the game on the line?

Typ0
01-23-2024, 08:00 AM
I mean I wouldn't say that's only some Bill's fans.

But I've seen enough of McD. He'll never win a SB. There are too many times on that run that you have to out coach the opposition to win it all. He'll lose more of those battles than the ones he will win and it will cost the team.

That is the unfortunate conclusion I am coming to.

McDermott is a good coach. He's done a good job here. Good and great are different things ... and the good job has not been good enough to make the dance after continuous good opportunities.

sahlensguy
01-23-2024, 08:03 AM
That is the unfortunate conclusion I am coming to.

McDermott is a good coach. He's done a good job here. Good and great are different things ... and the good job has not been good enough to make the dance after continuous good opportunities.

He loses the head to head coaching battles to often to ever make it all the way through the playoffs. He's a disaster just waiting to happen.

TacklingDummy
01-23-2024, 08:11 AM
Who do you take on the last drive with the game on the line?

Problem with Bills last drives is they leave to much time on the clock for the other team or they miss kicks.

Coaching should have made sure we ran the clock and not go for the TD on last drive when Josh did. Hit Diggs, run the clock.

sahlensguy
01-23-2024, 08:22 AM
Problem with Bills last drives is they leave to much time on the clock for the other team or they miss kicks.

Coaching should have made sure we ran the clock and not go for the TD on last drive when Josh did. Hit Diggs, run the clock.

After 13 seconds, I would think it would be in their DNA. Especially in the playoffs against Mahonmes. They never gave it a second thought.

Forward_Lateral
01-23-2024, 08:25 AM
Cool, he's a QB, not a RB.

Honestly, you are starting to sound absolutely stupid

TacklingDummy
01-23-2024, 08:28 AM
After 13 seconds, I would think it would be in their DNA. Especially in the playoffs against Mahonmes. They never gave it a second thought.
Agreed. Hit Diggs over middle. Get the first. Run the clock. Make KC use its timeouts. Worse case scenerio is you kick a shorter FG, KC has alot less time, and go to overtime.

I think where the Bills screwed up is not using a timeout before the Shakir miss. Use the timeout to collect yourselves and figure out what is best to do.

Even if Shaikir catches that pass for a touchdown it was still the wrong call.

sahlensguy
01-23-2024, 08:30 AM
Cool, he's a QB, not a RB.

Honestly, you are starting to sound absolutely stupid

Take off the blinders

Forward_Lateral
01-23-2024, 08:35 AM
Take off the blinders

Pull your head out of your ass

JoshAllenMVP2021
01-23-2024, 10:03 AM
I think both of you should take your asses off and pull your head out of the blinders

sahlensguy
01-23-2024, 10:11 AM
I think both of you should take your asses off and pull your head out of the blinders

You going to hang your hat on that one, bud? :yucky:

Typ0
01-23-2024, 10:17 AM
Agreed. Hit Diggs over middle. Get the first. Run the clock. Make KC use its timeouts. Worse case scenerio is you kick a shorter FG, KC has alot less time, and go to overtime.

I think where the Bills screwed up is not using a timeout before the Shakir miss. Use the timeout to collect yourselves and figure out what is best to do.

Even if Shaikir catches that pass for a touchdown it was still the wrong call.

OK here is the thing about the whole situation....

We had been playing a red zone defense game all day and met with some success stopping them from getting TDs....and their offense has sputtered getting TDs from the red zone the whole second half of the season.

Why would you not play to put them in that position? A TD was REQUIRED by us to win that game and the FG should not have been considered UNLESS it was a walk-off tie.

Our coaches are not willing to win a championship. It's really that simple. And we need to stop ****ing around with coaches who won't make decisions that put the players out there to win it.

sahlensguy
01-23-2024, 10:22 AM

We had been playing a red zone defense game all day and met with some success stopping them from getting TDs....and their offense has sputtered getting TDs from the red zone the whole second half of the season.

Why would you not play to put them in that position? A TD was REQUIRED by us to win that game and the FG should not have been considered UNLESS it was a walk-off tie.

Our coaches are not willing to win a championship. It's really that simple. And we need to stop ****ing around with coaches who won't make decisions that put the players out there to win it.

Didn't they say that at McD's on field interview at the end of the 1st half , he told the players to "Go for it"? Wow, I was impressed.

It was all talk though. Didn't walk the walk.

Typ0
01-23-2024, 10:32 AM
It was all talk though. Didn't walk the walk.

That is what you get from McDermoots leadership. Bull****. And a team takes on the complexion of it's leader.

TacklingDummy
01-23-2024, 10:34 AM

You can still go for TD if you hit Diggs for 1st down first.

FG would be last option.

Typ0
01-23-2024, 11:01 AM
You can still go for TD if you hit Diggs for 1st down first.

FG would be last option.

Well yes, I agree....but this isn't a chess game when I move my piece I know it's going to go there.

So their brains are just wrong having the FG in consideration which totally clouds the view of what they should do in all respects.

The FG just is not an option if there is enough time on the clock for KC to get their offense on the field....because they only need a FG to win it at that point.

sahlensguy
01-23-2024, 11:16 AM
Pull your head out of your ass

I checked...and I'm happy to report that my ass has more clarity than your blinders.

notacon
01-23-2024, 02:00 PM
I really can’t believe I have to keep explaining this. What I want to happen and what I expect to happen are two completely different things.

I expect the Bills to crush my soul. Not just to lose, but to find some nearly impossible epic awful way of losing, which is exactly what they did.

But I want the Bills to win so ****ing badly. I know I ***** a lot on here, but honestly, I’m a really content guy. My life isn’t exactly ideal, but for the most part, I’m getting everything I want out of life. Everything else that I I’ve ever wanted, I’ve figured out how to get some version of it, or realized it doesn’t really matter and stopped caring.

The lone exception is a Bills title. I’ve wanted it for approximately 35 years and it hasn’t happened. I don’t see when it will, and unlike other things that I care about, I have zero control over whether it actually happens in my lifetime.

Admittedly, I’m dumb for caring so much about something I can’t control. But I do and I can’t help it. I’ve been emotionally invested since i was 11 years old during the Wide Right season and I can’t let it go.

And I’ll also never understand why so many here can’t comprehend the difference between what one wants to happen and what one expects to happen.

Except hardly anyone believes you. Reading your posts only leads any intelligent human (who comprehends English) to that undeniable conclusion.

notacon
01-23-2024, 02:01 PM
No, they were not. Not even close.

notacon
01-23-2024, 02:23 PM
Agreed. Am I sad the season is over? Yes. But so is my stress. Now I can either watch, or not watch next weekend, depending on how I feel.

Everyone wants a championship. I want one just as badly as anyone else. I'm just refusing to let it ruin my life if they don't achieve it. I used to let it ruin my entire week. Not now.

Yep.

I've already moved on. It's just a freakin game that does not effect one's life (at least not mine) very much either way.

I've been an avid Bills fan for SIXTY YEARS. The last 58 of those years the season ended without a title. :yawn: What else is new?

The AFL championships came when I was young, and memories are fleeting and hazy, but I certainly do not remember those as being some earth shattering event. Why? Because they are not. It's just a freakin' game.

I already stated this undeniable reality....

No, it's (an "epic soul crushing disappointment") not.

I hate to tell you all....when the Bills finally do win a Super Bowl (and I have zero doubt they will with Josh Allen at QB) the joy will be short lived and not effect my life in any appreciable way....and there will be more "disappointments" as the struggle to win an other one will be just as hard and just as fleeting.

As I wrote last July....

Your cherry picking is silly as it is illogical and ignorant of the facts and reality (in the Super Bowl Era of the NFL).

The FACT is that MOST HC’s (48.7%) IN HISTORY NEVER EVEN MAKE IT TO THE PLAYOFFS (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_National_Football_League_head_coaches).

The overwhelming majority, 77%, of HC that DO make it to the playoffs NEVER won a Super Bowl.

39.5% of all HC’s make it to the playoffs at least once but never win a SB.

Only 11.7% of ALL HC (in Super Bowl era) have won at least one SB.

The majority of those won only one – 21, or 58.3%

Only 10, 25.6% have won 2.

Only TWO have won THREE SB’s.

ONE has won FOUR SB’s.

And only ONE has won SIX.

The FACT is that winning Super Bowls is relatively RARE. Head coaches that WIN a LOT of games, make the playoffs but never win a SB is much more common, and most of those do not get fired.

It may not take “21 years to figure” out ff McD has what it takes to win a SB, it ABSOLUTELY CANNOT be even suggested much less declared that he CAN’T after only seven. Doing so is silly and woefully ignorant.

Getting all bent out of shape for not getting to or winning a Super Bowl is just setting oneself up for years of misery and disappointment.

And don't anyone try the canard of "If we finally win ONE I'd be satisfied"....I strongly suspect that the same whining will be thrown about until the win a second one....and on and on and on...

TacklingDummy
01-23-2024, 03:05 PM
Well yes, I agree....but this isn't a chess game when I move my piece I know it's going to go there.

So their brains are just wrong having the FG in consideration which totally clouds the view of what they should do in all respects.

The FG just is not an option if there is enough time on the clock for KC to get their offense on the field....because they only need a FG to win it at that point.

Agreed. That is why he should have hit Diggs over the middle vs going to Shakir. If Shakir catches that, KC has 1:57 and 2 or 3 timeouts to try and score the go ahead TD.

If Diggs catches it, the Bills might score a TD, worse case closer FG, with less than a minute left and KC has no timeouts.

Typ0
01-23-2024, 07:42 PM
Agreed. That is why he should have hit Diggs over the middle vs going to Shakir. If Shakir catches that, KC has 1:57 and 2 or 3 timeouts to try and score the go ahead TD.

If Diggs catches it, the Bills might score a TD, worse case closer FG, with less than a minute left and KC has no timeouts.

I honestly am still wondering why Josh Allen wasn't running around for three downs and was exclusively running a pass play for incompletions.

OK everyone has to accept it with that **** happening Josh Allen does not deserve to win a championship because our coaches take it away. It's that simple. That fourth down we were kicking a field goal .... McDermott is just too inept that the field goal was never an option. Who the **** cares that Bass missed the field goal? I mean really it was absolutely nothing like wide right that was a walk off field goal for the win. NOTHING LIKE IT.

McDermott kicked a field-goal to lose. Wake up about this guy.