PDA

View Full Version : Everyone calling for a firing is ridiculous!

jamze132
01-21-2024, 08:56 PM
You sorry fans can eat a fat one. Anyone blaming Beane or McD has no clue what they’re talking about.

The NFL is hard and you need a little luck. The Chiefs got lucky by catching our defense decimated by injuries. They still played their asses off and the future isn’t as bleak as have you nitwits think it is.

kscdogbillsfan1221
01-21-2024, 08:59 PM
You sorry fans can eat a fat one. Anyone blaming Beane or McD has no clue what they’re talking about.

The NFL is hard and you need a little luck. The Chiefs got lucky by catching our defense decimated by injuries. They still played their asses off and the future isn’t as bleak as have you nitwits think it is.

Disagree
we had them where we wanted them

at home
with the d line basically intact

they got no pressure
no adjustment
their tackle is talking **** the week of the game

I know they were injured but so is everyone else
this is not excusable
they needed/should have won this

without MAJOR changes they will never cross the river

McDermott needs to go

Borosai
01-21-2024, 09:08 PM
I think he now has a 5-6 playoff record.
Winless on the road in the playoffs.
0-3 against the Chiefs.
They just lost a home divisional playoff game for the second consecutive season.
His defense didn't show up. The healthy players that were there got no pressure, missed tackles, and sucked in coverage.
He went from coaching scared to coaching dumb with that fake punt.

This is who he is as a coach, and what his team will be. Sure, let's just hope for luck to make up for all of this.

Novacane
01-21-2024, 09:12 PM
McD has shown his ceiling. You can keep him and make the playoffs every year which a lot of teams would kill for. You can roll the dice, move on and hope you find the guy who can get the team over this hump. There's a good chance that guy would be worse than McD though. I don't care either way.

OpIv37
01-21-2024, 09:19 PM

3 straight years with Div round losses. You can’t keep doing the same thing and expecting different results.

And you can’t count on luck. I still can’t help but think that the Bills used 3 generations of luck on the comeback game and won’t have any good luck again until everyone who remembers that game is dead.

Canadian'eh!
01-21-2024, 09:22 PM

Nobody cares about you’re injuries.

when you’re 0-3 versus one team in the playoffs, you’re job should be gone as a coach. He’s always got an excuse, in a league where that’s not good enough. You make your own luck.

It’s time for a new direction at HC. But I know we will won’t see it.

Jimkelly12203
01-21-2024, 09:24 PM
There's something wrong with the world. I've felt this since i was like 5 years old. Something just deeply wrong.

I don't much think it matters what we do. We are what we are.

All heart. Always right there but never good enough. Just so close. But not quite there.

In the real world, the bad guys usually win.

This year's superbowl is brought to you by the Kelsey family, State Farm, the Kansas City Mafia (of Ozark fame), the NFL, NFL HQ in Manhattan and Las Vegas. Oh... and don't forget Taylor Swift.

Enjoy your bread and circuses. I'm checking out. Pro sports are a charade...

OpIv37
01-21-2024, 09:25 PM
Nobody cares about you’re injuries.

when you’re 0-3 versus one team in the playoffs, you’re job should be gone as a coach. He’s always got an excuse, in a league where that’s not good enough. You make your own luck.

It’s time for a new direction at HC. But I know we will won’t see it.

Pegula owns the Bills. Pegula owns the Sabres. The Bills won the div 4 years in a row and won at least one playoff game every year.

The Sabres can’t get out of their own ****ing way and he won’t make changes there. Of course he’s not going to make changes with the Bills.

DraftBoy
01-21-2024, 09:28 PM
I don't have an issue moving on from McDermott, but I don't think they will. I don't expect any real changes to the coaching staff next year.

justasportsfan
01-21-2024, 09:28 PM

I'm not one of them but we need to find an OC who can make Josh a better field general like Kelly was. Not sure if Brady is it.

Lamar got better after Roman. Mahomes is still just as good even when Tyreek Hill left because of Reed.

JoeMama
01-21-2024, 09:39 PM
This team is finished in the Mahomes Era.

Allen is going to he be the new Philip Rivers.

Mace
01-21-2024, 09:41 PM

Nah bud....we're 8 years into a program, 7 years with Allen and the franchise threw for 186 yards in a game to get to the conference championship It doesn't compute.

sahlensguy
01-21-2024, 09:44 PM
This team is finished in the Mahomes Era.

Allen is going to he be the new Philip Rivers.

Man, Allen shrunk tonight after the 2:00 warning. Could have been a hero. But shrunk when it mattered most.

Luisito23
01-21-2024, 09:44 PM
Yup, accept and be happy with being 2nd runner no mater what seep you end up with\...

Nice going MCD.

Canadian'eh!
01-21-2024, 09:46 PM
I don't have an issue moving on from McDermott, but I don't think they will. I don't expect any real changes to the coaching staff next year.

I don’t think they will make changes either. But you better believe McD is about to scapegoat the entire Special Teams staff

DraftBoy
01-21-2024, 09:47 PM
I don’t think they will make changes either. But you better believe McD is about to scapegoat the entire Special Teams staff

No question.

cas22
01-21-2024, 09:52 PM
Pegula owns the Bills. Pegula owns the Sabres. The Bills won the div 4 years in a row and won at least one playoff game every year.

The Sabres can’t get out of their own ****ing way and he won’t make changes there. Of course he’s not going to make changes with the Bills.

nor should he, but he doe's need to put McD on notice that changes need to be made starting with the offensive scheme, Bienimey is there to be hired and change this offense to more west coast basr system..

Jimkelly12203
01-21-2024, 09:54 PM
Who exactly should we be bringing in? I mean, we ought to get the pick of the litter given our owner and QB. Does a new coach mean moving off Beane? He's been pretty damn good IMO.

How does this even work exactly? I'm not saying the "fire McDermott" people are wrong. I don't know either way.

I'm just asking the "fire McDermott" people to provide a blue print for moving on that doesn't involve us moving backwards...

Buffalogic
01-21-2024, 09:54 PM
Mjd usually anti bills has some wise words.

https://x.com/NFLGameDay/status/1749268464240615736?s=20

notacon
01-21-2024, 09:58 PM

Yep.

Bloviating "fans" can whine all they want. McD and Beane are not going anywhere, Nor should they.

They both brought the Buffalo Bills from being a total joke, with no hope of even getting into the playoffs (which they did not do 17 freakin' years in a row) to being an exciting, entertaining extremely competitive team.

This team fought their hearts out, and McD led them back from irrelevance when they fell to 6-6. They never gave up well after so many of the so-called "fans" buried them. Fair weather fans for sure.

Every one of the (as you correctly label) "nitwits" would curl up in the fetal position in the corner, paralyzed in fear if they had to do those jobs because they would be in WAY over their heads.

They know a LOT less about football than they think they do.

justasportsfan
01-21-2024, 10:10 PM
Right after firing Wade was the beginning of the drought. Don't want a repeat. Took Cowher how many years with the steelers before he won a sb?

Canadian'eh!
01-21-2024, 10:23 PM
Right after firing Wade was the beginning of the drought. Don't want a repeat. Took Cowher how many years with the steelers before he won a sb?

It only took him 2 years once he had Big Ben.

Novacane
01-21-2024, 10:29 PM

Is it scapegoating if they deserve to be fired?

jamze132
01-21-2024, 10:55 PM
No one in this thread gives any credit to Mahomes. Y’all simply expect the Bills to run right thru them but the fact is they’re in their 6th straight AFC title game??? Sounds like the rest of the AFC is having a hard time dealing with that too. But yeah, just **** all over McDermott. At least he has one of the 2-3 teams that’s able to give KC a run for their money. Half of y’all are clowns.

OpIv37
01-21-2024, 11:10 PM
No one in this thread gives any credit to Mahomes. Y’all simply expect the Bills to run right thru them but the fact is they’re in their 6th straight AFC title game??? Sounds like the rest of the AFC is having a hard time dealing with that too. But yeah, just **** all over McDermott. At least he has one of the 2-3 teams that’s able to give KC a run for their money. Half of y’all are clowns.
3-1 against Mahomes in the reg season. 0-3 in the postseason.

“It’s ok to not be as good as them.” That’s loser talk.

Jim Kelly never won it all, as good as he was. It took us 20 years to find Josh after Kelly retired. Josh is running out of chances. No one knows what the future holds. Maybe we’ll be GB and get two, going on 3 good QB’s in a row. Maybe it takes us another 20 years to find a QB.

I’m gonna be 45 in March. We have Josh through 2028. If it takes us another 20 years to find another Josh, I’ll be 68. If the next Josh spends his whole career being second fiddle to the next Mahomes, I’ll be in my late 70’s, if I even make it that long.

Many of the posters here are even older than me. There aren’t that many chances left. This team was awful from the 66 AFL championship until the mid-80’s. Then from 200 to 2017 we had the drought. If Allen doesn’t get one and we hit another one of those stretches, none of us will ever see a single title in our lifetime.

Yes, this post is a result of a lot of drinking and yet another epic letdown by this team, but it’s not acceptable to keep saying “it’s ok to lose to Mahomes because he’s good.” At some point we have to find a way to be better.

Mr. Pink
01-22-2024, 12:56 AM
Mahomes is to Allen as what Kelly was to Marino.

Mahomes owns us like Kelly owned Marino.

But Allen and Marino put up some pretty, big, nice numbers in the regular season.

So that counts for something...although it's not entirely fair because Marino got to a Super Bowl in his rookie year.

As we're currently constructed, Allen will never get to one. We have to beat the Burrows, Jacksons and Mahomes of the AFC to get to the Super Bowl. All 3 are as good if not better, than Allen at the one thing that matters...winning football games.

jamze132
01-22-2024, 04:39 AM
3-1 against Mahomes in the reg season. 0-3 in the postseason.

“It’s ok to not be as good as them.” That’s loser talk.

Jim Kelly never won it all, as good as he was. It took us 20 years to find Josh after Kelly retired. Josh is running out of chances. No one knows what the future holds. Maybe we’ll be GB and get two, going on 3 good QB’s in a row. Maybe it takes us another 20 years to find a QB.

I’m gonna be 45 in March. We have Josh through 2028. If it takes us another 20 years to find another Josh, I’ll be 68. If the next Josh spends his whole career being second fiddle to the next Mahomes, I’ll be in my late 70’s, if I even make it that long.

Many of the posters here are even older than me. There aren’t that many chances left. This team was awful from the 66 AFL championship until the mid-80’s. Then from 200 to 2017 we had the drought. If Allen doesn’t get one and we hit another one of those stretches, none of us will ever see a single title in our lifetime.

Yes, this post is a result of a lot of drinking and yet another epic letdown by this team, but it’s not acceptable to keep saying “it’s ok to lose to Mahomes because he’s good.” At some point we have to find a way to be better.

No one said it was acceptable to lose to Mahomes…gees. I’m simply pointing out how pathetic half this board is for expecting the Bills to simply run thru everyone. Only one team per year gets to do that.

No Bills fan has ever experienced sustained success like this since the early 90s. But if y’all would rather blow it up and start over, you’re clueless.

Historian
01-22-2024, 05:29 AM
Agreed.

I felt Kansas City was the better team last night.

Every time they had the ball, which wasn't a lot, they made hay. (until the fumble touchback)

I watched the game at my nephew's house, we had a party, and at one point I turned to my brother in law and said, "Well the network is getting exactly what they wanted, but this one feels like, whomever blinks, or does not match the opponent's score, is going to lose."

He agreed, and that was pretty much the case.

The Bills played great while ahead, but once they went into their third period slumber, you could see it beginning to slip away.

Some of these stats:

TOP Bills 37, Chiefs 23
First downs 27-21 Bills
Plays 78-47 Bills
Buffalo out-rushed them, and even won the turnover battle.

The bottom line is that KC was much more methodical in their approach.

I don't even think Mahomes broke a sweat.

YardRat
01-22-2024, 06:19 AM
Admit it...

Every time KC had the ball, you were just waiting for them to pull out a big play, and score.
Every time Buffalo had the ball, you were waiting for them to **** it up somehow.

And the players probably felt the same way.

That's the fine line between being a champion and a pretender.

Historian
01-22-2024, 06:23 AM
Very true Rat.

And GMF just analyzed what I wrote in depth:

Plays over 20 yards:

Chiefs 8
Bills 0

Typ0
01-22-2024, 11:20 AM
Our coaches set us up to fail you can only ignore it so long.

Last night McDermott went for it on 4th down on HIS own 32 yard line because he just didn't trust the punter ... but of course he put the punter on the field to do so.

Then he tried to kick a game tying field-goal when anyone with a Monkey brain knew with 92% certainty KC was just going right down field to score another FG and win the game.

We needed a TD there to win this game. There is no explanation other than McDermott can't think on the fly and is a victim of himself.

I would say he pretty much has the same problem with the coordinators he hires ...

All the good stuff just goes out the window with him.

Typ0
01-22-2024, 11:27 AM
Josh Allen's style of football is not sustainable. McDermott just buys in as opposed to trying to manage him....

Then when the time comes to let Josh sail they take him off the field and protect him from having to be responsible for making the play that wins us the game.

McDermott didn't have the balls to win that game last night and that is why we are having these discussions today.

Canadian'eh!
01-22-2024, 11:46 AM
No one said it was acceptable to lose to Mahomes…gees. I’m simply pointing out how pathetic half this board is for expecting the Bills to simply run thru everyone. Only one team per year gets to do that.

No Bills fan has ever experienced sustained success like this since the early 90s. But if y’all would rather blow it up and start over, you’re clueless.
Funny how everyone is “pathetic” but you.

Mahomes is very good, but we are supposed to be too. Except when it matters, this team chokes. 1-2 times is football. 4 straight is just who you are.

Dan Campbell changed to mentality of the Lions, we need the same. McD rides Josh’s coattails all regular season, but can’t provide the help he needs in high pressure games.

At some point the excuses need to stop and they need to find someone who can handle the playoffs.

Typ0
01-22-2024, 11:52 AM
McD rides Josh’s coattails all regular season

OMG he takes Allen's opportunities to win the game away. Twice last night ... two huge situations and Allen isn't even on the field.

Forward_Lateral
01-22-2024, 12:30 PM
OMG he takes Allen's opportunities to win the game away. Twice last night ... two huge situations and Allen isn't even on the field.
The punt I understand. They were trying to out smart KC, or there was a hot read or something. You can't have JA on the field there, or you lose the element of surprise, which didn't work anyways.

As for the end of the game, again I though the play calling was suspect. If you are content with a FG, why not run or throw another screen to Kincaid on 2nd down? Make KC decide to either take a time out or let the clock burn. I don't know, it's all speculation at what if's at this point.

Thurmal
01-22-2024, 12:42 PM
Some fans of this team are so traumatized by the drought that they're content with just making the playoffs and winning maybe a Wild Card game. It's kinda pathetic.

daryls61
01-22-2024, 01:07 PM
HCSM has 2 years left on his contract. No extension if we don't reach bowl in next 2 years.

Typ0
01-22-2024, 01:17 PM
The punt I understand. They were trying to out smart KC, or there was a hot read or something. You can't have JA on the field there, or you lose the element of surprise, which didn't work anyways.

As for the end of the game, again I though the play calling was suspect. If you are content with a FG, why not run or throw another screen to Kincaid on 2nd down? Make KC decide to either take a time out or let the clock burn. I don't know, it's all speculation at what if's at this point.

So you think manufacturing some element of surprise is rationalle for taking your best player off the field when you need a big play?

I just disagree they were trying to outsmart KC what they actually were doing was outsmarting themselves because they were afraid of their own punter.

jamze132
01-22-2024, 01:41 PM
Agreed.

I felt Kansas City was the better team last night.

Every time they had the ball, which wasn't a lot, they made hay. (until the fumble touchback)

I watched the game at my nephew's house, we had a party, and at one point I turned to my brother in law and said, "Well the network is getting exactly what they wanted, but this one feels like, whomever blinks, or does not match the opponent's score, is going to lose."

He agreed, and that was pretty much the case.

The Bills played great while ahead, but once they went into their third period slumber, you could see it beginning to slip away.

Some of these stats:

TOP Bills 37, Chiefs 23
First downs 27-21 Bills
Plays 78-47 Bills
Buffalo out-rushed them, and even won the turnover battle.

The bottom line is that KC was much more methodical in their approach.

I don't even think Mahomes broke a sweat.

Mahomes is too good to struggle against 3rd/4th stringers.

jamze132
01-22-2024, 01:47 PM
Funny how everyone is “pathetic” but you.

Mahomes is very good, but we are supposed to be too. Except when it matters, this team chokes. 1-2 times is football. 4 straight is just who you are.

Dan Campbell changed to mentality of the Lions, we need the same. McD rides Josh’s coattails all regular season, but can’t provide the help he needs in high pressure games.

At some point the excuses need to stop and they need to find someone who can handle the playoffs.

Dan Campbell wasn’t facing Mahomes while missing multiple starters on defense. Y’all can’t sit here and blame the entire organization when you don’t go 17-0. There’s too much parity at the top (where Buffalo is) and a key injury or two can be the difference in winning or losing.

Tre White
Matt Milano
Terell Bernard
Christian Benford
Jordan Phillips.

5 starters who missed significant time…how the hell you expect to win a game when a guy who was on his couch two weeks ago is now the starting MLB with the radio???

Forward_Lateral
01-22-2024, 01:48 PM
So you think manufacturing some element of surprise is rationalle for taking your best player off the field when you need a big play?

I just disagree they were trying to outsmart KC what they actually were doing was outsmarting themselves because they were afraid of their own punter.

I don't think they were afraid of their punter. McD said afterwords that he didn't trust his D to make a stop.

I agree, it was a dumb ass call, I'm just saying I think the reason they did the fake was to try to catch KC off guard. It might have worked, if it the design wasn't completely crap, and you didn't have a guy who's never carried the ball before running it. It was a stupid play, 100%