PDA

View Full Version : Allen missed wide open TD at the end

Klaista2k
01-21-2024, 08:56 PM
Nobody is talking about it but how did Allen miss that wide open TD late in the game?

I think Romo said he got hit on the play but if you watch the replay he wasn't touched.

Woodman
01-21-2024, 08:58 PM
Put it on Shakir game over.

Novacane
01-21-2024, 08:59 PM
I love him. I always will. We won't find better but I don't know if he'll ever get us a championship.

- - - Updated - - -

I love him. I always will. We won't find better but I don't know if he'll ever get us a championship.

Forward_Lateral
01-21-2024, 09:00 PM
He got hit by Jones on his step through.

ParanoidAndroid
01-21-2024, 09:01 PM
The only skill hat Allen seems to lack compared to other elite QB's is vision/anticipation. He's just so good at reacting and making **** happen, no one seems to notice what a glaring deficit that is. It's why he throws so many picks, too.

Klaista2k
01-21-2024, 09:05 PM
He got hit by Jones on his step through.

You sure?

When they showed the replay it looked like he wasn't touched.

Forward_Lateral
01-21-2024, 09:06 PM
You sure?

When they showed the replay it looked like he wasn't touched.

Yes I’m sure I watched it. He bumped into him enough to effect the throw just enough

Buffalogic
01-21-2024, 09:07 PM
Jones drove the blocker into Allen

YardRat
01-21-2024, 09:07 PM
I don't think Allen was hit enough to affect the throw, if anything it looked like contact came after. And I believe Diggs was wide open and should have been the throw anyway.

Novacane
01-21-2024, 09:15 PM
Yes I’m sure I watched it. He bumped into him enough to effect the throw just enough

Josh said it was on him. He said he should have moved a little in the pocket.

Buffalogic
01-21-2024, 09:16 PM
Josh said it was on him. He said he should have moved a little in the pocket.classy guy

Canadian'eh!
01-21-2024, 09:19 PM
Honest to Christ.

without Josh Allen this team wins 4 games. It would be 30 years of being a laughing stock.

you’re all morons.

you,re *****ing about the only reason we ever sniff the playoffs.

trash fans. No wonder we are cursed

DraftBoy
01-21-2024, 09:21 PM
The throw was impacted by Jones. Now could/should Allen have stepped up? Maybe, but not sure the pass window is there if he does.

sahlensguy
01-21-2024, 09:22 PM
Josh needed to hit Diggs underneath. That's all there is to it.

Novacane
01-21-2024, 09:29 PM
Josh needed to hit Diggs underneath. That's all there is to it.

Yep. That was an easy first down and we could have scored with little time left. Going for the TD with 2 minutes was dumb. There shouldn't have even been a route run to the EZ

Klaista2k
01-21-2024, 09:31 PM
Honest to Christ.

without Josh Allen this team wins 4 games. It would be 30 years of being a laughing stock.

you’re all morons.

Ehhh I don't know about that.

justasportsfan
01-21-2024, 09:32 PM
So much talent but I wish he wad Kelly's brain or even Fitzpatricks.

Buffalogic
01-21-2024, 09:33 PM
Throw it to diggs? Mr fumble stone hands? Shakir and Kincaid were the only guys on the field not betraying him.

sahlensguy
01-21-2024, 09:34 PM
Yep. That was an easy first down and we could have scored with little time left. Going for the TD with 2 minutes was dumb. There shouldn't have even been a route run to the EZ

Right out of the time out too. Did they forget about 13 seconds? Why want to give Mahonmes the ball back with all of that time. So stupid.

Klaista2k
01-21-2024, 10:03 PM
Honest to Christ.

you’re all morons.

Post Removed for TOS Violation ~DB

Ingtar33
01-21-2024, 10:07 PM
Post Edited for TOS Violation ~DB

except he's right.

Forward_Lateral
01-22-2024, 06:31 AM
What do you want him to say?

DraftBoy
01-22-2024, 06:34 AM

If he moves a little I’m not sure the window to Shakir is still there. It wasn’t like he was throwing into acres of space.

Forward_Lateral
01-22-2024, 06:38 AM
If he moves a little I’m not sure the window to Shakir is still there. It wasn’t like he was throwing into acres of space.

I wonder if people even watch the game at all, or listen to the commentary. I know Romo can be annoying, but he's rarely wrong when it comes to the X's and O's explanations. It wasn't hard to see that the throw wasn't just a simple pitch and catch. Also, Yes Diggs was wide open, but if he tries to go that way, Jones is likely right in his face and likely hits his arm.

I swear we have some of the most ignorant fans who just want to blame the QB every single time something doesn't go right

Historian
01-22-2024, 06:56 AM
I'll tell you what I like about Allen over Mahomes:

After the loss earlier in the season, Mahomes was throwing a tantrum to Josh about referees, and what have you.

After this game, Allen went out and shook Mahomes hand and gave him a hug.

I'll take his dignity, class, and sportsmanship over Mahomes any day.....and twice on Sundays.

Goobylal
01-22-2024, 07:05 AM

Meaning he got hit.

Forward_Lateral
01-22-2024, 07:20 AM
Meaning he got hit.
Imagine that.

Novacane
01-22-2024, 07:25 AM
Meaning he got hit.

No ****. I just posted what he said. Some of you act like he's your kid and get all defensive like he's being criticized when he's not.

Mr. Pink
01-22-2024, 01:53 PM

After the loss earlier in the season, Mahomes was throwing a tantrum to Josh about referees, and what have you.

I'll take his dignity, class, and sportsmanship over Mahomes any day.....and twice on Sundays.

I'll take the championships instead.

I don't give a flying you know what about what kind of human being any of these guys are. I don't know them. I will never know them. They're not my buddy. They're not my friend. I don't need to make a moral or character judgement on them and as long as their behaviors don't result in missing games due to being slapped by the league, I don't care.

Just win the big games.

sahlensguy
01-23-2024, 10:06 AM
I'll take the championships instead.

I don't give a flying you know what about what kind of human being any of these guys are. I don't know them. I will never know them. They're not my buddy. They're not my friend. I don't need to make a moral or character judgement on them and as long as their behaviors don't result in missing games due to being slapped by the league, I don't care.

Just win the big games.

I mean, I don't want a Rothlisberger, no matter the outcome. But yeah, a tantrum on the field means nothing less than a classy handshake if titles come your way. No one knows the skeletons in either of these guys' closets. They all have them.

Typ0
01-23-2024, 10:11 AM

We have seen Allen have tantrums on the field. We have seen him goat defenders and get in people's faces. Allen is not immune to those things.

Me, I would rather have had the 4 wins and a couple championships .... but I am happy for you.