QB Kyle Allen
CB Cam Lewis
WR Gabe Davis

ERFA
TE Quintin Morris

Canadian'eh!
01-21-2024, 09:44 PM
Every one of them is replaceable.

I’d bring back some of the price is ok. Epenesa, Dodson, Jones maybe Dane.

Floyd faded hard and no showed the playoffs.

DraftBoy
01-21-2024, 09:46 PM
Every one of them is replaceable.

I’d bring back some of the price is ok. Epenesa, Dodson, Jones maybe Dane.

Floyd faded hard and no showed the playoffs.

Hard to disagree, not anybody on the list I'd want back at any cost honestly.

sukie
01-21-2024, 10:16 PM
Daquan Jones
Floyd
Rapp
Epenesa
maybe Dane Jax since White will prolly get cut to save 6.4 M (if I git that right)
Dodson improved
Matekevivch depth won’t cost a lot

there are 4 Dots there… can’t let all of them walk. Evaluate and spend wisely.

edwards oline depth. But Draft one and make him expendable

Thurmal
01-21-2024, 10:17 PM
Hard to disagree, not anybody on the list I'd want back at any cost honestly.

You wouldn't want Floyd and Jones back under reasonable contracts?

cas22
01-21-2024, 10:20 PM
just think we are 41 mil over the cap with only 35 players on the roster

DraftBoy
01-21-2024, 10:20 PM
You wouldn't want Floyd and Jones back under reasonable contracts?

Meh, not like they did much in the playoffs. We’re going to have so little money I don’t want to waste it on guys who I know didn’t produce.

justasportsfan
01-21-2024, 10:24 PM
Sad that Miller and Diggs are not on that list. The 2 players with the biggest cap hit didn't show up when we needed them the most

sukie
01-21-2024, 10:31 PM
just think we are 41 mil over the cap with only 35 players on the roster
If they moved on from Diggs post June 1, 10 plus savings

cas22
01-21-2024, 10:32 PM
Sad that Miller and Diggs are not on that list. The 2 players with the biggest cap hit didn't show up when we needed them the most

time to move on from Diggs and Von,,,, I'm so praying that the D.A files charges on Von..

cas22
01-21-2024, 10:35 PM

thats not true, it would cost us a little over 3 mil more than keeping him.

Kenny
01-21-2024, 10:40 PM
Daquan Jones and Rapp are the only 2 guys I'd want to keep

Gibby 2.0
01-21-2024, 10:44 PM
[QUOTE=DraftBoy;5078191]UFA
FS Micah Hyde: too old
DT DaQuan Jones: for the right price
DE Leonard Floyd: keep
DT Tim Settle: bye
DT Jordan Phillips: bye
LB Tyler Matakevich: he's still here?
DT Poona Ford: bye
CB Dane Jackson: bye
LB Tyrel Dodson: keep
OG David Edwards: who?
WR Trent Sherfield: for the right price
RB Damien Harris: for the right price
SS Taylor Rapp: keep
DT Linval Joseph: bye
DE AJ Epenesa: keep
DE Shaq Lawson: bye
RB Latavius Murray: for the right price
QB Kyle Allen: backups are gonna backup
CB Cam Lewis: GTFO
WR Gabe Davis: bye, and take Diggs with ya

ERFA
TE Quintin Morris[/QUOT

My thoughts

Mr. Pink
01-22-2024, 12:44 AM
3 names that I'd look at keeping...

Matakevich because he is awesome on ST.

Epenesa if the money is right but he had a big year and will likely get paid somewhere that isn't here.

Daquan Jones, when he was out it was extremely noticeable. He is a necessary piece.

The rest of that list can go.

YardRat
01-22-2024, 05:22 AM
The defense is going to get gutted.

Next year is going to be tough, going to have to suck it up and prep to re-tool for 2025.

Forward_Lateral
01-22-2024, 06:18 AM

You sure about this? Also, where can we get this info. i don't think Sportrac has post June cut info on it, unless I'm blind and dumb

DraftBoy
01-22-2024, 08:05 AM
Something to note, we owe $11.6 million in bonus money to pending FA’s Floyd, Hyde, Jones, Settle, and Matakavich which is against the 2024 cap.

sukie
01-22-2024, 09:18 AM
You sure about this? Also, where can we get this info. i don't think Sportrac has post June cut info on it, unless I'm blind and dumb

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/buffalo-bills

unless I read this wrong. Post June 1 look at the numbers on Diggs and explain dead money and cap savings…. I see a cap savings of a lot.

cas22
01-22-2024, 09:51 AM
https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/buffalo-bills

unless I read this wrong. Post June 1 look at the numbers on Diggs and explain dead money and cap savings…. I see a cap savings of a lot.

your reading it wrong, if you look to the far right in red thats what it would cost if we cut that player, in red means it will cost you more money to get rid of such player.

TacklingDummy
01-22-2024, 10:44 AM
At this point I'd rather keep Davis over Diggs.

Forward_Lateral
01-22-2024, 11:24 AM
your reading it wrong, if you look to the far right in red thats what it would cost if we cut that player, in red means it will cost you more money to get rid of such player.
If you switch it to POST June 1st, he's right.

Cutting or trading Diggs after June 1st takes his number for 2024 from 27 million down to 8 million.

ParanoidAndroid
01-22-2024, 11:48 AM
This was likely our last run with this defense.

The football Gods robbing Milano of his All-Pro season was devastating.

That's who we needed yesterday.

Now we have to find a Safety tandem who can make this defense work and a pass rusher that defenses have to game plan for.

Ed
01-22-2024, 11:53 AM
If you switch it to POST June 1st, he's right.

Cutting or trading Diggs after June 1st takes his number for 2024 from 27 million down to 8 million.
But that means there would be a $22+ mil dead cap hit in 2025. Either way, getting rid of Diggs now comes with $31 mil in dead cap over the next two seasons. I think restructuring him before this season pretty much guaranteed him being on the team in 2024. It doesn't really make sense to lose a player of his caliber and take on huge cap hits. The goal should be to draft some young dynamic talent at WR to pair with Diggs, not get rid of him.

TacklingDummy
01-22-2024, 12:13 PM
But that means there would be a $22+ mil dead cap hit in 2025. Either way, getting rid of Diggs now comes with $31 mil in dead cap over the next two seasons. I think restructuring him before this season pretty much guaranteed him being on the team in 2024. It doesn't really make sense to lose a player of his caliber and take on huge cap hits. The goal should be to draft some young dynamic talent at WR to pair with Diggs, not get rid of him.

Compare Shakir to Diggs the last 10 games.

Diggs was a huge disappointment this year and especially yesterday..

- - - Updated - - -

Last 10 games

Receiving yards:
Khalil Shakir (462)
Stefon Diggs (422)

Targets:
Shakir (37)
Diggs (80)

daryls61
01-22-2024, 01:13 PM
I would resign:

DT DaQuan Jones
DE Leonard Floyd
CB Dane Jackson
LB Tyrel Dodson
SS Taylor Rapp
CB Cam Lewis

Draft has to be:

WR - 1 in first and another 5th or below
DT
S
C
Edge
BPA

Forward_Lateral
01-22-2024, 01:44 PM
Unless they trade him, right? If they trade him post June 1st, doesn't his future salary carry on with him, minus whatever was previously owed? Or no?

Ed
01-22-2024, 04:28 PM
Unless they trade him, right? If they trade him post June 1st, doesn't his future salary carry on with him, minus whatever was previously owed? Or no?
No, cutting or trading is the same. The pre/post designation is the only thing that changes. You either take a massive dead cap hit now or push most of it to 2025. That $31 mil is bonus/guaranteed money that has already been paid to Diggs. That's on the Bills books no matter what. That's why when they do these restructures they're really committing to that player.

Mace
01-22-2024, 04:30 PM
Meh, not like they did much in the playoffs. We’re going to have so little money I don’t want to waste it on guys who I know didn’t produce.

The problem is that is a good chunk of their core for the way the built through FA and not the draft. With the little available money, you simply can't replace all of them adequately through the draft and FA, imho.

Not everyone will be a superstar, you need some serviceable worker bees.

I'd try to keep Jones, Rapp, Epenesa, and Dodson.

Not real sure Jones was 100% after the torn pec. He had a fierce season. Rapp and Dodson were ok enough for depth, Epenesa showed some growth but I'd watch the price tag.

That's seriously an awful lot of core to replace, and it cycles back to something I've been upset about for years. Cheap draft pipeline pushing starters, we don't have one.

Forward_Lateral
01-22-2024, 08:01 PM
No, cutting or trading is the same. The pre/post designation is the only thing that changes. You either take a massive dead cap hit now or push most of it to 2025. That $31 mil is bonus/guaranteed money that has already been paid to Diggs. That's on the Bills books no matter what. That's why when they do these restructures they're really committing to that player.

Ah! Thank you for the lesson! Makes sense now that you explained it that way.

So basically suck it up now, or push it to 2025.

How the Eff have The Rams just signed everything in sight