View Full Version : 2023 Autopsy

Gibby 2.0
01-21-2024, 10:34 PM
The Good:

Allen is as good as they come.
Kincaid is going to be an explosive weapon for years to come
Cook is going to give us what we haven't had since McCoy, a ground game

The bad:
This is cut and paste from earlier seasons because it never changes, so here we go. The complete lack of situational awareness by the whole team. From Denver to tonight, ****, how many glaring end of mistakes can you ****ing make? The lack of discipline, yeah some of the flags they got this year were bull****, but there was a lot of foot shooting lack of discipline. Not in this game, but ****ing turnovers.

The ugly:
injuries. Whoever is on our strength and conditioning team needs to go. Of course the Chiefs could put up the points they needed, we were once again down to our fifth stringers on defense. That's the outfit that changed. 2017 to 2021 we had two major injuries, Josh missed time in 18 and Tre was lost after the Saints game.

How do I feel?
This is the most depressed I feel since Homerun throwback. Sure as long as we have Josh we will be okay, but yeah this team honestly makes me feel like what it must have felt to be an Oilers fan in the late 80s and early nineties. Incredibly talented across the board (oh look it up, the Run and Shoot relied on Moon and a quarted of solid receivers, they had a solid line, and most years their running game was pretty good too. Then came the playoffs. Sure as ****, they just could never get past the divisional round.

What I'd like to do?
Get a good night sleep and let this loss follow so many painful ones before it into the sea of forgetfulness.

What I want the Bills to do?
Okay, all things considered, Jack Pardee uh Sean McDermott did a phenomenal job in treading water in what was seriously a year that has looked like one of regression since last spring. So really, considering he got us back to a divisional round (might as well buy a division champs shirt as they'll be on sale at discount) he isn't particularly the fault so keep him. However, please bring in a DC who has an attack minded defense. Kill the Tampa Two, every ****ing year it dies in January. Give Brady a pay increase and make him perm. His offense didn't lose us this game. Special teams ****ed up. They have been a liability all year and while I am drunk I think they have ****ed up the past two seasons too. Bass? You are a kicker and therefore the most replacable position on the team. Get the **** out. Fire the entire strength and conditioning team and get some natural grass for the stadium now. Keep Allen, keep Kincaid, keep Shakir, keep Oliver, the guy we got from Green Bay, Cook, and Oliver, and trade Diggs. He has been captain halfassed for most of the season. No efffort, no physical or mental toughness.

Closing thoughts:
Well friends, I myself am done with football this year and this will be the first time since 2011 that I haven't watched a Superbowl. Be good to yourselves and your families, enjoy your Sabres (I'll enjoy my Blues) and enjoy life. I have realized for the past few seasons that the game is scripted. I first realized this after just give it to em in 1998, but I let it go, but yeah its scripted. That said, while I want to see this game through the eyes of that 7 year old who first fell in love with all things Bills in 1990 during that great season I realize that alas I am an adult and I see the game for the scripted "sports" entertainment that it is. Still, while I realize the product on the field is BS, I do -for nostalgia purposes - hope to get out to Rich Stadium next year or in 2025 (early in the season because damn football in December or January only seems right in front of a fireplace) and meet at least some of you.

OpIv37
01-21-2024, 10:43 PM
How do I feel?
This is the most depressed I feel since Homerun throwback. Sure as long as we have Josh we will be okay
That basically una it up. Josh will consistently make the playoffs. He’ll consistently get a win, occasionally 2. He’ll never finish the job. We could do a lot worse, but we are never going to win it all with him. We are at least 10 years from a SB.

Novacane
01-21-2024, 10:49 PM
Good you forgot

Terrell Bernard. I'm looking forward to him and Milano for hopefully a full season.

Shakir. Not a #1 but can be a solid #2.

I'm not sure I'd make Brady permanent OC. The run game took a huge step up with him but the pass game regressed. Our WR were mostly invisible.

I'm not depressed at all. It's a football game plus I expected them to fall short like they always do.

I'll watch and root for the Lions. Really anyone but KC.

sukie
01-21-2024, 11:05 PM
WR room sucks. It’s okay but if you are gonna be meh… be taller larger target meh. Shakir is #3 slot. Kincaid is a beast . Knox has 1 more year. Brady now gets to build his own playbook.

Mr. Pink
01-22-2024, 01:03 AM
This team has no consistency. McDermott needs to hire a DC and stay the f away from the defense. This team needs a real OC. This team needs a legitimate slot receiver. We have a lot of bad contracts for next year that we can't get relief from until 2025, looking at Knox, Diggs and Miller. We underachieved.

Clap clap clap

POTLAND PSILBYLO
01-22-2024, 04:47 PM
That basically una it up. Josh will consistently make the playoffs. He’ll consistently get a win, occasionally 2. He’ll never finish the job. We could do a lot worse, but we are never going to win it all with him. We are at least 10 years from a SB.

Coming from you that translates to rabid optimism. Allen wins SB within 3 years.