• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mahdi
    • Mar 2004

The Defense

They outplayed their personnel IMO…

With all the injuries I think the defense played so much better than their depth chart would suggest.

Imagine next season:

Healthy -> Von, white, Milano, Bernard, Benford, Elam, Douglas

I think we can have the #1 defense in the NFL next season assuming we get a quality safety and DT if we lose Jones.

I think McDermotts focus will be drafting a safety that can help cover others teams biggest threats. We had to scheme that a lot but would make things easier to have a matchup player.
  • jamze132
    Don’t hate…
    • Jun 2003

Re: The Defense

The coaches definitely got the most out of 3rd/4th stringers down the stretch so kudos to them. Anyone falling for their firing is an idiot.

And no…we will not have the #1 defense next year, even if all the guys you mentioned are back and healthy. We’ll be lucky to crack top 5.

Comment

• YardRat
      Well, lookie here...
      • Dec 2004

Yeah, can't really ***** too much about what McDermott did with the defense, they over-achieved.

We're probably going to be losing a bunch of guys, though.
      YardRat Wall of Fame
      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Historian
        2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
        • Dec 2002

....and we STILL can't cover a tight end!

Comment

• notacon
          • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Historian View Post
          ....and we STILL can't cover a tight end!

You mean "we STILL can't cover the best tight end to ever play the game"??

Running on fumes with LB it was no surprise that KC was going to take advantage of that glaring weakness.

The Bills literally got AJ Klein off the couch. Dodson was banged up but even if healthy his pass coverage ability is well below average.

Comment

• sukie
            Seriously?
            • Sep 2012

Some guys are about to go. I doubt Hyde Poyer and even Tre are back next season. I think a safety is in order and try to keep Rapp.

the D will have awesomeness at LB next season and I don’t see why a better Von will grace us his final year.

Comment

Working...
            X