PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone doubt

kscdogbillsfan1221
01-22-2024, 04:02 PM
That if bass hits the field goal, the chiefs March right down the field and score anyway?

I get the bass angst. He’s been awful, but he’s near the bottom of the reasons we lost yesterday

sahlensguy
01-22-2024, 04:05 PM
That if bass hits the field goal, the chiefs March right down the field and score anyway?

I get the bass angst. He’s been awful, but he’s near the bottom of the reasons we lost yesterday

With the time we left, inexplicably, on the clock? No.

Woodman
01-22-2024, 04:06 PM
We needed the TD.

Mace
01-22-2024, 04:07 PM
Like I've said, I don't blame Bass. The media focus on Bass will just overly simplify another divisional playoff loss.

sahlensguy
01-22-2024, 04:09 PM
We needed the TD.

We needed to burn the clock and then score. We forgot about burning the clock and we also forgot how to score.

sahlensguy
01-22-2024, 04:11 PM
Like I've said, I don't blame Bass. The media focus on Bass will just overly simplify another divisional playoff loss.

But...Bass should still go....

Its on Josh to manage the final 2:00. He did it terribly.

You drive for show but putt for dough.

The final 2:00 was Josh's putt.

TacklingDummy
01-22-2024, 04:12 PM
Would have been nice to find out.

Did anyone think KC would fumble through the endzone after the fake dumbass punt?

Buffalogic
01-22-2024, 04:17 PM
The missed kick robbed us of a potentially great ending for either team. We could have seen the first OT rule change game and between the two teams that started it. Instead we got another wide right wet fart of an ending.

Woodman
01-22-2024, 04:26 PM
We needed to burn the clock and then score. We forgot about burning the clock and we also forgot how to score.

Should have had some go to plays at that point in time ..... disappointed they were not prepared for such a scenario.

Woodman
01-22-2024, 04:28 PM
Would have been nice to find out.

Did anyone think KC would fumble through the endzone after the fake dumbass punt?

Did anyone think we'd fake a punt from our own 29 yardline?

sahlensguy
01-22-2024, 04:30 PM
Should have had some go to plays at that point in time ..... disappointed they were not prepared for such a scenario.

I guess the moment is too big for these guys and it's not like they haven't been in big moments before...

Historian
01-22-2024, 04:38 PM
Sorry, Bass has been lousy all year.

Every time he lines up to kick a FG I cringe.

Draft another guy in the 7th

Woodman
01-22-2024, 04:40 PM
I guess the moment is too big for these guys and it's not like they haven't been in big moments before...

The OC has to know and practice the plays for a last team with the football scenario .... he clearly did not .... we weren't having trouble moving the ball ..... defenses are just trying to keep you out of the end zone ..... that leaves moving the ball a much easier task ..... our OC panicked when we needed calm and recognition of what would work ..... like I said no preparation for the moment.

TacklingDummy
01-22-2024, 04:42 PM
Did anyone think we'd fake a punt from our own 29 yardline?

Did anyone think to have the best player in the NFL on the field if you are going to go for it on your own 29 yardline?

Novacane
01-22-2024, 04:44 PM
No doubt at all. That doesn't mean Bass shouldn't be gone.

Woodman
01-22-2024, 04:44 PM
Did anyone think to have the best player in the NFL on the field if you are going to go for it on your own 29 yardline?
No they tried to trick them ..... so that would have left the element of surprise completely out of the equation.

Just an incredibly dumb time and place to try what we did.

TacklingDummy
01-22-2024, 04:47 PM
No they tried to trick them ..... so that would have left the element of surprise completely out of the equation.

Just an incredibly dumb time and place to try what we did.

I'd rather not try to trick them and just go for it. Ill take my chances with Josh Allen over Damar Hamlin on 4th down.

Woodman
01-22-2024, 04:48 PM
No doubt at all. That doesn't mean Bass shouldn't be gone.

His bags had better be packed ..... at this level we can't have that.

Turf
01-22-2024, 04:49 PM
Like was said, they should have made sure to run the clock down and either kick a FG or score a TD with seconds left. They blew the end of game clock management again. This is certainly not Mcd's specialty.

Woodman
01-22-2024, 04:51 PM
I'd rather not try to trick them and just go for it. Ill take my chances with Josh Allen over Damar Hamlin on 4th down.
From our own 29 is a bad gamble every time ..... but I would use Josh as well starting with what would appear to be a hard count to draw them off all the while getting ready to snap it ..... in other words make it look like a fake and then go ..... high risk either way.

kingJofNYC
01-22-2024, 05:13 PM
Yeah, we used up all are luck that drive too, with the fumble recovery and the potential int drop. We got a lot of bounces that game.

Turf
01-22-2024, 05:39 PM
When they faked the punt I gotta admit, I lost my mind and gave up on the team. That was the stupidest, dumbest call in a such an important game. No feel for the game whatsoever to risk so much so early. I left the room and said it was over. I can't fix dumb.

daryls61
01-22-2024, 06:01 PM
What happened to Bass Pro? Guy just signed a 4 year extension so he is signed through 2027. 7 Mil dead cap hit next year is released so he will be on team next year.

TacklingDummy
01-22-2024, 06:09 PM
When they faked the punt I gotta admit, I lost my mind and gave up on the team. That was the stupidest, dumbest call in a such an important game. No feel for the game whatsoever to risk so much so early. I left the room and said it was over. I can't fix dumb.
That and the 13 second defense, the Minnesota choke, the Hail Murray, and almost choke vs Tampa this year is some of the reasons he's got to go.

mightysimi
01-22-2024, 06:12 PM
When I saw that halfway through the 4th quarter the Chiefs were 1/3 on 3rd down, meaning they barely even got to 3rd down all game, I knew we had to end with the ball in our hands or lose because the d wasn't putting up a fight at all.

sukie
01-23-2024, 04:49 AM
TD or bust. Bass prevented a walk off celebration that would have been far worse than a kneel down.

Typ0
01-23-2024, 07:42 AM

Line up with Josh and confuse them with some activity that looks like you are trying to get them to jump offsides.....then instead of calling the TO snap the damn ball and let Allen have a shot at it. WTF.

Typ0
01-23-2024, 07:43 AM
TD or bust. Bass prevented a walk off celebration that would have been far worse than a kneel down.

THIS. The only play there was for a TD OR the last seconds ticking off the clock while you make that FG.

Kicking those points with 1.40 on the clock was just plain stupid. ****ING STUPID.

mightysimi
01-23-2024, 09:30 AM
I don't think that KC would just let us run the clock down while holding 2 time outs?

Forward_Lateral
01-23-2024, 09:34 AM
I told my wife this yesterday. I said "Even though it sucks that they lost in that fashion (the missed FG), even if Bass makes it, Mahomes goes down the field and The Bills lose in some other dick punching way"

sahlensguy
01-23-2024, 09:45 AM
I don't think that KC would just let us run the clock down while holding 2 time outs?

If we complete the pass to Diggs after the 2:00 warning but come up just short of the 1st down, what does KC do with their TOs? It would have been 3rd down.

imbondz
01-23-2024, 09:52 AM
No. We would have stopped them and it went into OT. That’s where home field advantage would have kicked in.

Typ0
01-23-2024, 10:12 AM
No. We would have stopped them and it went into OT. That’s where home field advantage would have kicked in.

Right home field advantage doesn't really kick in until you get to OT.

Bills fans should hear themselves sometimes....

mightysimi
01-23-2024, 10:19 AM
If we complete the pass to Diggs after the 2:00 warning but come up just short of the 1st down, what does KC do with their TOs? It would have been 3rd down.
10 yards and it is a XP distance kick. If we are in very makeable FG range what would you do as a coach? Just hope they miss?

kscdogbillsfan1221
01-23-2024, 10:21 AM
10 yards and it is a XP distance kick. If we are in very makeable FG range what would you do as a coach? Just hope they miss?

Makeable and bass aren’t two words that have gone together lately

hell he shanked that 27 yarder against Pittsburgh

sahlensguy
01-23-2024, 10:25 AM

What?

A completion to Diggs but short of the 1st down, would have made it only 3rd down.

If you are KC, do you burn a TO there or not?

Forward_Lateral
01-23-2024, 10:27 AM
What?

A completion to Diggs but short of the 1st down, would have made it only 3rd down.

I think Reid would have. I don't know though, it's a tough call Depends if it was 3rd and inches or 3rd and 2, I guess?

Typ0
01-23-2024, 10:28 AM
Even when Bass was playing real well he struggled between 40 - 50 yards. It just is not a reliable range for him.

But he was put out there as a chicken **** scapegoat too....

Typ0
01-23-2024, 10:30 AM
Maybe if there was an RPO on third down Allen would have ran it into the end zone too guys!

The TD I would have took at any moment....the FG I would only have taken at the absolute last moment.

Typ0
01-23-2024, 10:31 AM
The only mentality we should have had was make them score a TD to win the game. We played the whole game like that defensively.

We keep doing this over and over and over and over....

sahlensguy
01-23-2024, 10:32 AM
Even when Bass was playing real well he struggled between 40 - 50 yards. It just is not a reliable range for him.

But he was put out there as a chicken **** scapegoat too....

Absolutely.

Stopping KC twice after the FG wasn't going to happen. And KC would have only needed a FG in regulation to win it, with a ton of time and 2 time outs.

sahlensguy
01-23-2024, 10:37 AM
Maybe if there was an RPO on third down Allen would have ran it into the end zone too guys!

The TD I would have took at any moment....the FG I would only have taken at the absolute last moment.

It seems you have thought this through, so I respect that, but I don't agree with it. They ignored the underneath and went for the TD right after the time out. If you go underneath and a TD happens, then fine. But don't throw to the end zone the 1st chance you get in that situation when the clock is not your friend.

Typ0
01-23-2024, 10:45 AM
It seems you have thought this through, so I respect that, but I don't agree with it. They ignored the underneath and went for the TD right after the time out. If you go underneath and a TD happens, then fine. But don't throw to the end zone the 1st chance you get in that situation when the clock is not your friend.

Oh, no I agree with you about that. We've been watching that for years too though ...

I am just saying if and when a TD happens that's what we want and need. But a FG????? Not so much. It's hard to get a TD so if you score one with time on the clock that's what you have to take and then hope the Defense can stop them from getting into the end zone. It is that very pressure on them that can put you in a position to get a stop.

sahlensguy
01-23-2024, 10:47 AM
Oh, no I agree with you about that. We've been watching that for years too though ...

They never been champs but you have to play like champs to be a champ. They didn't when it mattered most. It's their way...

Typ0
01-23-2024, 10:56 AM
you have to play like champs to be a champ...

The coaches just don't have a champs mentality to send them onto the field with a champs mindset.

What they do is chicken **** bull**** that never wins the whole damn thing....

and the opposing coaches just sit back and wait for our coaches to lose us the game.

Happens over, and over and over and over.

imbondz
01-23-2024, 10:59 AM
Right home field advantage doesn't really kick in until you get to OT.

Bills fans should hear themselves sometimes....

lol. Just trying to be positive! Shut your face Typo. :D:

mightysimi
01-23-2024, 10:59 AM
What?

Below the 2 min warning. You are happy to have 40 seconds go away? We make a 3rd and 1 and we can run the whole clock. You wouldn't take a Time out? You would be happy to play for OT?

imbondz
01-23-2024, 11:02 AM
All I know is if I was the coach we’d be practicing right now for Baltimore Sunday.

sahlensguy
01-23-2024, 11:10 AM
Below the 2 min warning. You are happy to have 40 seconds go away? We make a 3rd and 1 and we can run the whole clock. You wouldn't take a Time out? You would be happy to play for OT?

Play for OT? Not if possible. I think you're jumping ahead by 2 crunch time minutes. You said that KC wouldn't just let the clock run down because they had 2 time outs. I asked would they burn one if Allen passed to Diggs but came up short on the 2nd down, or would KC have let the clock run down.

For the record, I'm playing for the TD as far into the clock as possible.

3rd and 1, what does KC do with their time outs?

- - - Updated - - -

All I know is if I was the coach we’d be practicing right now for Baltimore Sunday.

Good enough for me. You're hired!

Typ0
01-23-2024, 11:18 AM

I don't think the defense would have been able to hold us in it were I coach. The whole package I mean....McDermott has proven to bring a pretty good package is what I am saying. It is just that his package isn't quite big enough to bring it home and he won't get out of his own way either...

mightysimi
01-23-2024, 12:54 PM
Play for OT? Not if possible. I think you're jumping ahead by 2 crunch time minutes. You said that KC wouldn't just let the clock run down because they had 2 time outs. I asked would they burn one if Allen passed to Diggs but came up short on the 2nd down, or would KC have let the clock run down.

For the record, I'm playing for the TD as far into the clock as possible.

3rd and 1, what does KC do with their time outs?

- - - Updated - - -

Good enough for me. You're hired!
I think KC takes a time out. You think they wait until 1min 20 sec to see if we convert? If we do and then what? You wait again? Or do you take the timeout at 1:20 with the Bills having 3 more chances to complete something inbounds or run it and burn the rest of the clock. Regardless of what anyone thinks of Bass currently, he hit 3 XPs in the game. Where we were you wait, any closer you need to save time.

Typ0
01-23-2024, 10:11 PM
I know ... why don't we just play for a tie maybe our defense will force two punts in a row so we have a chance to win again.

Give me a break. People worked too hard to be in a position to win in the first place and McDermoot drove them right into the toilet.

sukie
01-24-2024, 03:52 PM
McDermott didn’t throw deep on 2nd and 9.

Typ0
01-24-2024, 04:04 PM
McDermott didn’t throw deep on 2nd and 9.

Guess I just feel like it's McDermott's role to step up and tell his people it's 4 down territory and the discussions that have been had throughout their relationship are what determine what to do in that situation....but it didn't happen and they hit the field playing to accept a tie with a bunch of time on the clock.

Were that to happen....I think there is a different approach to 2nd and 9....or the pass doesn't work and you get Josh's legs in play on 3rd down.

And they ultimately need to teach Allen how to be effective in those situations. They have had YEARS and we still do the same ****.

TigerJ
01-24-2024, 08:49 PM
There were multiple failures in the game including Bass's kick, a number of critical drops of passes and lots of tackles that Buffalo defenders failed to make. Just a few plays here and there could have changed the game's outcome.

Typ0
01-24-2024, 09:05 PM
There were multiple failures in the game including Bass's kick, a number of critical drops of passes and lots of tackles that Buffalo defenders failed to make. Just a few plays here and there could have changed the game's outcome.

Or maybe if the coach wasn't so bogged down with himself. Come on TigerJ pray pray pray....

kscdogbillsfan1221
01-25-2024, 07:20 AM
Yup Kansas City played an A to Aplus game
only one error. The end zone fumble

no missed tackles, no dropped passes, no busted coverages

bills played a b minus game
not terrible, just had a few of the above errors and this was the difference

if the bills even played a b+ /a- game they win

Typ0
01-25-2024, 09:16 AM
Yup Kansas City played an A to Aplus game
only one error. The end zone fumble

no missed tackles, no dropped passes, no busted coverages

bills played a b minus game
not terrible, just had a few of the above errors and this was the difference

if the bills even played a b+ /a- game they win

I thought we were sunk ... then KC fumbled through the end zone and gave us the football. That was them giving us the game ... unfortunately McDermott insisted on giving it back.

cas22
01-25-2024, 09:34 AM
the bottom line was our defense couldn't stop them all game, the clear plan was to eat clock and keep them off the field, we did that most of the game, there were some plays that might have changed the game for the Bills, Cook drop a sure TD pass, Diggs dropped multiple pass's, Allen missed Diggs on 2nd down, but same for KC, they fumbled out of the endzone..

again the real problem was there defense could stop us every now and then , we made them punt 1 time thanks to penalty's...

so Im blame injury's on this loss.

another big
issue is when you have teams so very close in talent coaching becomes the issue.

Bill Cody
01-25-2024, 09:54 AM
Yeah I have to say the game up to 2 minutes and with a couple crazy exceptions went fairly closely the way I hoped and expected, particularly on offense. I did think we'd get better pressure though and the fact that we couldn't/didn't has me reluctantly agree we needed the ball last. And Mc, Brady and Josh had the two minute warning to talk about this and be on the same page. I hated the end zone throw. The throw was there sure but Josh needed to take the throw to Diggs there. Truthfully Diggs might have scored there but I would have wanted him to trip over his own shoes inside the 5 if he had a clear path. The Chiefs and their paid assassin QB were going to be hard to stop. So keep them off the field. Mc knew it. That's why you do a fake punt from your 29.

But Bass still blew the kick. For some reason his ball moves a TON these days. He's like a left handed 10 pin bowler, it's nuts. So many great, great kickers in the league that are just nails, I want one. I've always defended Bass but I'm kind of done.

sahlensguy
01-25-2024, 09:55 AM
the bottom line was our defense couldn't stop them all game, the clear plan was to eat clock and keep them off the field, we did that most of the game, there were some plays that might have changed the game for the Bills, Cook drop a sure TD pass, Diggs dropped multiple pass's, Allen missed Diggs on 2nd down, but same for KC, they fumbled out of the endzone..

again the real problem was there defense could stop us every now and then , we made them punt 1 time thanks to penalty's...

so Im blame injury's on this loss.

another big
issue is when you have teams so very close in talent coaching becomes the issue.

The game was there for the taking at the 2:00 warning. Injuries had nothing to do with us bumbling the opportunity.

If anything, injuries on our D should have made it obvious to McD to burn clock and then score at the end. But who knows where their heads were at when we needed them the most