X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Novacane
    • Jul 2002

How are we getting under the cap?

These are our biggest cap hits in order.

Josh is where they'll find the biggest savings. His cap hit is currently 47 mill. They should be able to cut that in half by restructuring. 23 million saved

Diggs and Miller are the next two big ones that would be obvious restructure candidates but we don't want to push their money any further into the future since they are wearing out their welcome. Can their dead cap space be split if they're released after 6/1? No savings

Can save 6 million cutting Tre White. I'd hate to do that but they may have to.

Knox is next. I'd rather not touch his contract so they can move on after next year but they may have to restructure him. Save 5 mill.

Milano restructure to save 3-5 mill per.

Tarron Johnson. Outright release would save almost 8 mill. That would be a huge loss though. He's young. Extend him and save 5 mill.

Morse. Cutting him would save 8.4 mill. He's almost certainly gone.

Oliver..........Could save a couple mill restructuring him. I'd rather not add years to that marriage. 0 savings

Douglas 9 million hit. Extend and cut the cap hit to 5 mill

Hymes is showing a 4.5 mill savings by releasing him. If that's accurate thats a no brainer.

Poyer 5.4 mill saved by releasing him. He's likely gone.

Harty 4.2 mill saved by release. Bye bum. Thanks for the Miami game.

Bass Hit cap hit goes up if they cut him. Maybe they can fix him.

Restructure Josh, Knox, Milano Savings 30 million

Extend T Johnson and Douglas Savings 9 million

Cut Trey , Morse, Hymes, Poyer, Harty savings 28.5 million

Savings 67.5 million We are 43.6 over. Leaves us 24 under but a roster of only 35. Going to need to find some cheap help.

If Diggs and Von can be cut and have their dead cap slit there's another 19.5 million in savings.

Any other ideas>
  • Novacane
    • Jul 2002

Re: How are we getting under the cap?

I forgot Dawkins. They will probably extend him and save 5+ million.

Comment

• Novacane
      • Jul 2002

Almost 3 million saved cutting Siran Neal. Bye Siran

Comment

• Turf
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
        Almost 3 million saved cutting Siran Neal. Bye Siran
        Especially since KO returns are almost moot makes keeping players based on ST may not be the way to go anymore.
        Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• sukie
          Seriously?
          • Sep 2012

Damian Harris contract?

Bills are gonna be playing a lot of rookies a lot of UDFAs to gill out the Toster at least this upcoming season
          Last edited by sukie; 01-22-2024, 06:51 PM.

Comment

• Novacane
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by sukie View Post
            Damian Harris contract?

Bills are gonna be playing a lot of rookies a lot of UDFAs to gill out the Toster at least this upcoming season

He's a FA. He only cost 1.7 last year. He may be a target to bring back since Cook is the only RB under contract.

Comment

• Novacane
              • Jul 2002

If they want to do it they can save 20+ million by pushing Diggs and Millers money further into the future.

Comment

• Novacane
                • Jul 2002

They could cut Martin. 800k dead cap. Sign punt god for the rookie min 750K . 1.5 going to punter would save 500K

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
                  • Nov 2007

If they want to do it they can save 20+ million by pushing Diggs and Millers money further into the future.
                  After watching both of their acts this year, I can’t imagine they would wanna extend them
                  I came.
                  I saw.
                  I conquered.

Comment

• Novacane
                    • Jul 2002

There's maybe 5 million or so to be saved extending/restructuring Bates and McGovern.

Comment

• Novacane
                      • Jul 2002

They need to find a WR or two in the draft. A center. A safety or 2. An interior DL. A DE. A LB and a RB Should be easy peasy

Comment

• Buffalogic
                        Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
                        • Feb 2006

If beane didn’t blow it when metcalf fell into our laps not once but twice we’d probably have a superbowl already. I mean who have the bills drafted to help Josh? The only WRs they drafted are 4th and 5th rounders. They should be drafting playmakers and speed guys every single pick. Draft wr and huge linemen over and over. That’s it. Everything else you can get supplemental serviceable players in free agency.

stop trying to get lucky on late round receivers and get a real guy. Look what zay flowers has done for Baltimore. Get your **** together and invest more into scoring points and stop trying to skimp on offense because you think Josh can make up for it.

Comment

• Novacane
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Buffalogic View Post
                          If beane didn’t blow it when metcalf fell into our laps not once but twice we’d probably have a superbowl already. I mean who have the bills drafted to help Josh? The only WRs they drafted are 4th and 5th rounders. They should be drafting playmakers and speed guys every single pick. Draft wr and huge linemen over and over. That’s it. Everything else you can get supplemental serviceable players in free agency.

stop trying to get lucky on late round receivers and get a real guy. Look what zay flowers has done for Baltimore. Get your **** together and invest more into scoring points and stop trying to skimp on offense because you think Josh can make up for it.
                          So you aren't expecting a big season out of Justin Shorter?

Comment

• Buffalogic
                            Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
                            • Feb 2006

So you aren't expecting a big season out of Justin Shorter?
                            I’d love that but it’s time to invest in our biggest investment and stop asking him to carry around a bunch of bums and choke artists year after year.

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                              • Aug 2004

People are enamored in adding weapons for Josh. How about fixing the broken and old defense? What about KC's model? What have they done to help Mahomes? Right they drafted Pacheco on the 7th round!!!

If it were up to me, having Josh, Diggs (sorry you can't cut him), Kincaid, Cook and the entire O-Line is good enough to make things happen on offense. Yes I'll draft some WRs, but not necessarily someone must start day 1.

What I don't want to happen, in games like yesterday when going against a Mahomes, Lamar, or to a lesser degree Tua, the offense feels like they HAVE TO score every possession. I need younger DTs, a DE (sorry we invested but have to keep trying), safeties, and a CB (both Douglas and White are getting there). Take some lump if we have to. No more extensions to Diggs and Von.

Comment

Working...
                              X