• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Woodman
    Legendary Zoner
    • Apr 2014

Josh Allen wants Joe Brady back as Bills’ offensive coordinator

Josh Allen wants Joe Brady back as Bills' offensive coordinator - NBC Sports

Bills quarterback Josh Allen wants Joe Brady to remain the offensive coordinator in 2024.

Brady took over the duties after head coach Sean McDermott fired Ken Dorsey during the 2023 season. It’s unclear whether Brady will be offered the offensive coordinator job full time, and Brady is also a candidate for the Falcons’ head-coaching job. But Allen hopes Brady stays right where he is.

“I would fully embrace it,” Allen said when asked about keeping Brady in place. “I love Joe. I love what he brings to this team, to our offense, the juice that he has, the passion that he has for football. How much preparation he’s put into a tough situation these last seven to eight weeks. Yeah, I would fully embrace it. And obviously there’s stuff that needs to go on before that, and I understand there’s probably an interview process and all that, but he’s got my vote.”

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.
  • sukie
    Seriously?
    • Sep 2012

Re: Josh Allen wants Joe Brady back as Bills’ offensive coordinator

I wouldn’t mind it but I think I’m embracing the idea of a Running Game coordinator

Comment

• sahlensguy
      • Mar 2015

Joe B > McD

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by sukie View Post
        I wouldn’t mind it but I think I’m embracing the idea of a Running Game coordinator
        I don't think they need a RGC. The last 8 weeks has shown that they have no problem running the ball.

As for Joe Brady, I'm on the fence. I would not complain if they kept him, and I really wouldn't complain if he was replaced with someone more experienced and successful resume.

I did see a lot that I liked out of him, the 4th and 3 to Shakir was something the Bills rarely do, if they ever even have. Plays like that are what they need.

Comment

• Typ0
          honey pie
          • Jul 2002

On the fence myself. Joe Brady ran the offense that was already designed. How would it change? Just don't think we really saw out of Joe Brady what we would see out of Joe Brady and having him OC next season is just like going in there with someone with no experience. Same arguement .... do we have time for that or is it just another McDermott ego move? It's the latter.

Comment

• Borosai
            • Sep 2003

Brady was a clear improvement over Dorsey, but that was a low bar to begin with. The running game became a weapon, the passing game remained a... struggle? Daboll's offense excelled at scheming players open, but he refused to run the ball. That passing offense, with Brady's running game, would be perfect. If he can figure that out, this would be good. But this could potentially be another wasted year of Allen's career with a young OC, instead of going with an established OC.

My first choice would be to replace McDermott with an offensive-minded HC to take ownership of the offense, and have Allen's ear throughout the game. Since that's not going to happen, I guess hoping is all that's left.

Comment

• Typ0
              honey pie
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Borosai View Post

My first choice would be to replace McDermott with an offensive-minded HC to take ownership of the offense, and have Allen's ear throughout the game.
              This is what PEGS needs to do if he wants the Bills to win a championship with josh Allen at the helm. He put all this investment in time to get some value back ...

Comment

• YardRat
                Well, lookie here...
                • Dec 2004

I think he earned a shot at the full-time gig.

My bigger concern is Josh working on the mental side of his game this off-season, that's the largest issue for the offense.
                YardRat Wall of Fame
                #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Buffalogic
                  Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
                  • Feb 2006

No thanks. It's Dorsey 2.0. Get someone who is established or worked under Shannahan or Reid.

Comment

• imbondz
                    Democrats are people too
                    • Jan 2003

I’m fine with that.
                    My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                      • Jul 2005

No team has scored more than 24 points against the Chiefs defense this season. I'm starting to come around to the idea that our offense put in a pretty decent effort.

I don't have a better idea than Brady for 2024. If he stays it won't be because Beane didn't look around.

What I'm worried about is a permanent organizational shift to excessive running. I'm OK with it if it was situational this year. By that I mean McDermott/Brady were running to a) bleed clock and cover up a leaky D or b) because they are aware we don't have outside receivers playing at a high level right now. But it's a waste of a top 3 quarterback to have him handoff 50% of the time. That's how teams with crap quarterbacks play.
                      Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• sukie
                        Seriously?
                        • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Buffalogic View Post
                        No thanks. It's Dorsey 2.0. Get someone who is established or worked under Shannahan or Reid.
                        Please provide a name to make your take really hot.

Comment

• YardRat
                          Well, lookie here...
                          • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Saratoga Slim View Post
                          No team has scored more than 24 points against the Chiefs defense this season. I'm starting to come around to the idea that our offense put in a pretty decent effort.

I don't have a better idea than Brady for 2024. If he stays it won't be because Beane didn't look around.

What I'm worried about is a permanent organizational shift to excessive running. I'm OK with it if it was situational this year. By that I mean McDermott/Brady were running to a) bleed clock and cover up a leaky D or b) because they are aware we don't have outside receivers playing at a high level right now. But it's a waste of a top 3 quarterback to have him handoff 50% of the time. That's how teams with crap quarterbacks play.

That is completely irrelevant in the moment of down by 3 with the ball on KC 26 yard line, first down, 2 minutes to go in the game with the most dangerous offensive weapon in the entire league at QB.

That should never be "if we score", it should be just be a matter of "how and when?".
                          YardRat Wall of Fame
                          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• notacon
                            • Aug 2012

He'll correctly get what he wants.

Joe Brady deserves a full off season to conjure up and install his own offense.

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                              • Jul 2005

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                              That is completely irrelevant in the moment of down by 3 with the ball on KC 26 yard line, first down, 2 minutes to go in the game with the most dangerous offensive weapon in the entire league at QB.
                              That should never be "if we score", it should be just be a matter of "how and when?".
                              It's relevant. We put ourselves in that position by scoring 24 points.
                              Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

Working...
                              X