• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Woodman
    Legendary Zoner
    • Apr 2014

Micah Hyde has “no idea what the future holds”

Micah Hyde has "no idea what the future holds" - NBC Sports

Hyde said he was “glad I was able to go on this run with the boys and at least try to finish it off right” and that he’ll be taking some time to consider his options before making any decisions about next season.

“Every year when you lose, you wake up the next day and you’re filled with so much frustration because you weren’t able to get it done,” Hyde said, via Mark Gaughan of the Buffalo News. “This morning I non-bigoted up and I’m like, ‘Wow, that was a run. That was an amazing run we went on.’ I’m forever grateful for this team, the hard work and the resilience this team has showed. I just have no idea what the future holds right now. I’m going to sit down, maybe in a couple weeks or something, and talk to the wife and talk to the family. But we’ll see. I’m in no rush, no rush at all.”

Micah Hyde has "no idea what the future holds" - NBC Sports

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.
  • Woodman
    Legendary Zoner
    • Apr 2014

Re: Micah Hyde has “no idea what the future holds”

Hyde’s contract is up and the veteran said on Monday that he’s not sure he’ll be playing for anyone after turning 34 next month. Hyde has dealt with neck injuries and he told reporters that it was “a battle each and every week to get back on that field on Sundays.”

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
      • Mar 2004

I can't see him playing anywhere but Buffalo, and I honestly can't see him coming back at all, but you never know.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
        Unreachable Douche
        • Jul 2002

I'd be ok with him 1 more year. 1 last run with Poyer, Miller, and Diggs. The secondary wasn't really that big of an issue this year considering all the injuries they had.

Injuries to the LB and DL were more of a factor.

If the defense stays healthy the Bills can do it.

Comment

• notacon
          • Aug 2012

Thanks you for your service Micah. Sad to say, your days as a Buffalo Bill are over.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
            Zero for Zero!
            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by mysticsoto
            Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
              • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Dr. Lecter View Post
              I’m ashamed to say that this made me tear up. I’ll always love and appreciate Micah
              I came.
              I saw.
              I conquered.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                • Mar 2004

Micah and Poyer, 2 of the best Bills' acquisitions in the history of the franchise.

Comment

• jamze132
                  • Jun 2003

I’d love to have him back as a backup/mentor to whomever we draft to replace.

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
                    • Mar 2004

I’m guessing he will opt to retire.

nobody is going to commit much in terms of years or money when it’s clear he lost a step and the number of neck injuries keeps climbing.

he will probably see what offers are out there, realize they are 1 year and low money and decide to call it.

awesome player, but I honestly worry about his neck issues.

Comment

• Historian
                      2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                      • Dec 2002

I'd love to have him back for one more year, but with neck issues.....

Comment

• Woodman
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Apr 2014

I believe his body has already had the meeting and decided.

Comment

• daryls61
                          • Jan 2013

Hyde is retiring.
                          The Things that unite us are far greater than the things that divide us. Just my 2 Cents.

"The Force, it's calling to you. Just let it in." - Maz Kanata: Star Wars VII The Force Awakens

"'Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum." - Winston Scott in John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum

#Cup or Bust 2024 #Bowl or Bust 2024 - It is the way.

Comment

• Woodman
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Apr 2014

Originally posted by daryls61 View Post
                            Hyde is retiring.
                            He sure sounded like it yesterday .... is it official?

link!

Comment

• Woodman
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Apr 2014

Micah Hyde: "No rush" to make decision on future

Bills safety Micah Hyde, who turned 33 at the end of December and will be a free agent in March, is still unsure what direction his football career will go next and will take some time over the next few weeks to process his thoughts.

"I just have no idea what the future holds right now" he said. "I'm going to sit down and maybe in a couple of weeks or something and talk to the wife and talk to the family. But we'll see. I'm in no rush at all right now."

Hyde missed three games this season with neck stingers, one year removed after missing nearly all of the 2022 season with a neck injury and needing to undergo surgery in October of 2022. Hyde was healthy to begin the 2023 season but had to sit out three games in November and December due to recurring neck stingers.

Comment

Working...
                              X