• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Woodman
    Legendary Zoner
    • Apr 2014

Brandon Beane: I firmly believe Stefon Diggs is a No. 1 receiver

Brandon Beane- I firmly believe Stefon Diggs is a No. 1 receiver - NBC Sports

There were times in the offseason when it looked like the Bills and wide receiver Stefon Diggs might be headed for a split, but General Manager Brandon Beane said in August that was never the case despite a rocky offseason.

Diggs remained in a prominent role in the Bills offense and it looked like he was headed for a huge year with 49 catches for 620 yards and five touchdowns in the first six weeks of the season. Diggs had 58 catches for 563 yards and three touchdowns over the final 11 regular season games, however, and he didn’t catch a touchdown after the end of November.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.
  • Novacane
    • Jul 2002

Re: Brandon Beane: I firmly believe Stefon Diggs is a No. 1 receiver

He wasn't the last half of the season. They need to figure out what went wrong.

Comment

• jamze132
      Don’t hate…
      • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
      He wasn't the last half of the season. They need to figure out what went wrong.
      Nothing went wrong. We changed our offense philosophy to run the ball more and spread it around instead of going thru one person. Brady let Josh be Josh. And if Diggs catches that bomb yesterday that went right thru his hands, no one would be saying nothing about Diggs role in the offense.

Comment

• Typ0
        honey pie
        • Jul 2002

Beane wants to trade him.

Comment

• sukie
          Seriously?
          • Sep 2012

Of course he would trade him and his salary at this point but no one s gonna bite.

Comment

• sahlensguy
            • Mar 2015

I wish Allen and co. felt the same way, and threw it to him instead and not to Shakir after the time out.

Comment

• Woodman
              Legendary Zoner
              • Apr 2014

Originally posted by sukie View Post
              Of course he would trade him and his salary at this point but no one s gonna bite.
              Cowboys Titans Browns just to mention a few.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Novacane
                • Jul 2002

We can't trade him. We need him to be a #1.

Comment

• Novacane
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jamze132 View Post
                  Nothing went wrong. We changed our offense philosophy to run the ball more and spread it around instead of going thru one person. Brady let Josh be Josh. And if Diggs catches that bomb yesterday that went right thru his hands, no one would be saying nothing about Diggs role in the offense.
                  #1 WR don't go silent for 8 weeks. Something absolutely was wrong. Maybe he was hurt. Maybe it was the scheme. Part of it was definitely him dropping passes as you pointed out. A change of philosophy would explain a drop in production. It doesn't explain a cratering of his production.

Comment

• sukie
                    Seriously?
                    • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Woodman View Post
                    Cowboys Titans Browns just to mention a few.
                    Cowpokes and browns cap hell

Comment

• Thurmal
                      • Oct 2005

I guarantee there are significant issues with Diggs behind the scenes. The fact that he refused to put an immediate stop to his younger brother's tweets about how bad it is playing for the Bills spoke volumes. Get him outta here.
                      "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
                        • Nov 2007

I firmly believe that diggs quit on this team
                        I came.
                        I saw.
                        I conquered.

Comment

• Typ0
                          honey pie
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by sukie View Post
                          well that depends on factors we don't have a lot of info on doesn't it? Things can be packaged together and we can take a hit on a small amount of his contract but maybe protect ourselves a bit too.

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
                            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by jamze132 View Post
                            When you go the final 9-10 games putting up journeyman stats, there’s a problem. Either he’s not good, or you scheme is horrible that turns your superstar WR into a nobody.

None of this is okay.

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
                              • Mar 2004

None of this explains why he was catch everything at the LOS and diving down after 4 yards or why he was pulling himself out of games up to 50% of the plays.

there needs to be more of an explanation for a complete disappearing act.

Comment

Working...
                              X