• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Woodman
    Legendary Zoner
    • Apr 2014

Brandon Beane on Von Miller

Miller missed the first four games of the season and was ineffective with three tackles and three quarterback hits while playing off the bench in 12 regular season games. He was a healthy scratch for the first time in his career during that time, but Beane said he thought there were some positives to build on as the season came to an end.

“I think it was trending up as the year went on,” Beane said. “Thought he actually made some good plays in the run game the other night more than pass rush opportunities that came up. But you saw that explosiveness coming back and that should only improve, according to our medical team.”

Beane has $10.7 million worth of reasons to hope Miller can rebound. That’s how much he’s already guaranteed for the 2024 season and parting ways with him as a post-June 1 cut would only bring minimal cap relief to Buffalo, so they will have to bank on the second year back from a major injury being better for a player who turns 35 in March.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.
  • Turf
    • Jul 2002

Re: Brandon Beane on Von Miller

Beanes biggest blunder. I'll give him credit though for at least trying and swinging for the fences, it just didn't work out.
    Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• mightysimi
      Buckle me in on the highway of sin
      • Mar 2010

I mean it was working out. 8 sacks in 9 games before the injury. It just hasn't played out that way after the injury which he couldn't predict.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
        • Mar 2004

Blunder? LOL

He was playing lights out until he got hurt. You can't foresee injuries. They happen.

Calling it a blunder or a mistake on Beane's part is stupid.

Comment

• Woodman
          Legendary Zoner
          • Apr 2014

Simply said we placed too many eggs in one basket.

Less egg jeopardy next time please.

By eggs I mean $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Bill Cody
            • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Woodman View Post
            Simply said we placed too many eggs in one basket.

Less egg jeopardy next time please.

By eggs I mean $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.
            agree. Keep the eggs in a carton, much safer

Comment

• jamze132
              Don’t hate…
              • Jun 2003

I think the 6 years was/is an issue and I’m actually hoping his entire contract is wiped out one way or another. We can’t pay a guy that type of money if he’s not getting double digit sacks.

Comment

• notacon
                • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
                Blunder? LOL

He was playing lights out until he got hurt. You can't foresee injuries. They happen.

Calling it a blunder or a mistake on Beane's part is stupid.
                SPOT ON!!!

Comment

• daryls61
                  I now identify as a robot and my preferred method of transportation is Rickshaw.
                  • Jan 2013

Hopefully a full rested Con returns to form. Fingers crossed.
                  The Things that unite us are far greater than the things that divide us. Just my 2 Cents.

"The Force, it's calling to you. Just let it in." - Maz Kanata: Star Wars VII The Force Awakens

"'Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum." - Winston Scott in John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum

#Cup or Bust 2024 #Bowl or Bust 2024 - It is the way.

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
                    • Mar 2004

Great news. Von Miller and Stefon Diggs are both elite. Brandon said so. So we obviously beat KC. With all their contributions

Comment

• Woodman
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Canadian'eh! View Post
                      Great news. Von Miller and Stefon Diggs are both elite. Brandon said so. So we obviously beat KC. With all their contributions
                      If there was a way to move on from both without getting cap killed we should!

"JUST DO IT"

Comment

• Thurmal
                        • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Turf View Post
                        Beanes biggest blunder. I'll give him credit though for at least trying and swinging for the fences, it just didn't work out.
                        Cody Ford over DK Metcalf, Deebo Samuel, and AJ Brown is the worst. Any one of those three probably puts us in at least one Super Bowl, and the guy we picked ahead of them was a huge bust.
                        "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• Typ0
                          honey pie
                          • Jul 2002

I don't think the team achieves like it does this season without Von Millers mentality showing them every day how it's done.

You guys are nuts. Von Miller put his body and his heart on the line for 20 weeks to make a tackle last weekend while you watched it on TV.

Our guys learned how to leave it out there by watching Von Miller and they gave us a great game to come up losers in.

Comment

• Oaf
                            Do you read what you write?
                            • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Thurmal View Post
                            Cody Ford over DK Metcalf, Deebo Samuel, and AJ Brown is the worst. Any one of those three probably puts us in at least one Super Bowl, and the guy we picked ahead of them was a huge bust.
                            Ya

Comment

• Turf
                              • Jul 2002

Von is all talk. Don't blink. He's done. He's trying to set up his next gig, GM. Good for him. His cap money crippled this team. And I would appreciate if I don't have to hear Diggs and his brother's Diva act this year.
                              Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

Working...
                              X