Kincaid

Oliver
    Rousseau
    Bernard
    Milano
    Benford
    Douglas
    Johnson

So my list has my opinion of the 13 spots of high starting level talent we have with 9 (plus rotational depth) remaining that will either be left alone because they’re good enough or replaced via draft/FA due to expiring contracts. If we get lucky we can add 3 top level guys in this upcoming draft…that would make my list 16/22. I’d be happy with that.
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: List your core guys on O and D

Not bad lists.

TBH I'm getting tired of Dawkins antics. Everybody else on the O-line manages to act professionally and he's just not good enough to put up with his big mouth.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
      Not bad lists.

TBH I'm getting tired of Dawkins antics. Everybody else on the O-line manages to act professionally and he's just not good enough to put up with his big mouth.
      I thought Dawkins actually had his best year as a pro.

I wouldn't touch the offense, other than WR which is obviously a need.

Defensively I think Linebacker is a strength with Milano back, Benard, Dotson. Spector has shown he can play, he's a good backup, at worst, and Dorian is still somewhat unknown, but his speed looked legit.

Corner wise, they may have to draft or sign one, depending on what they do with Dane.

Safeties, yikes. Maybe Poyer comes back one more year. Hyde would be nuts to risk it, especially after the multiple stingers he suffered this year.

D-line, yikes. They need at least 2 DTS, depending on if they resign any of the guys that are currently on the roster. DE wise, I think Von and Rousseau are the only ones under contract.

I think the draft is going to be WR early followed by big heavies and a safety in there somewhere

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Mad Max View Post
        Allen
        Torrance
        Dawkins
        Shakir
        Cook
        Kincaid

Oliver
        Rousseau
        Bernard
        Milano
        Benford
        Douglas
        Johnson

So my list has my opinion of the 13 spots of high starting level talent we have with 9 (plus rotational depth) remaining that will either be left alone because they’re good enough or replaced via draft/FA due to expiring contracts. If we get lucky we can add 3 top level guys in this upcoming draft…that would make my list 16/22. I’d be happy with that.
        To me, CORE guys = you expect them to be here for another contract extension. And you need a couple of HoF potentials to win Superbowl.

Allen (HoF potential), Kincaid (early HoF potential), Torrance (so far so good).

I'm on the fence for Dawkins. He'll be 30 in April. Normally, I don't think it matters for his age but his body makeup makes me worry if he can sustain the agility continuing the path he has been in his previous off-seasons.

Cook needs to show me he can be on the field for all downs. I'm less confident on that.

Shakir may surprise me and be that dependable Julian Edelman type of receiver for Allen. Edelman is a CORE piece.

Oliver, Rousseau Bernard, yes.

Milano will be 30 when the new season starts. Based on his injury history, I don't think the Bills should give him new extension.

Benford, I don't know he showed enough to be a difference maker.

Douglas, I actually see him to be a CORE player for short term (3 years). He'll be the same age as Milano with a lot less injury history, and seems like a late boomer.

Johnson is a CORE player but it may depend on if the Bills can afford him. The secondary concern is that the way he plays, injury might be a concern with his size and getting older.

The problem is that I don't see any potential HoF guy out of our defensive side. No Chris Jones type of game changer.

Comment

• mightysimi
          Buckle me in on the highway of sin
          • Mar 2010

Come on Yardie you Shnow you like him

Comment

• Mad Max
            Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral View Post

Defensively I think Linebacker is a strength with Milano back, Benard, Dotson. Spector has shown he can play, he's a good backup, at worst, and Dorian is still somewhat unknown, but his speed looked legit.

Corner wise, they may have to draft or sign one, depending on what they do with Dane.

Safeties, yikes. Maybe Poyer comes back one more year. Hyde would be nuts to risk it, especially after the multiple stingers he suffered this year.

D-line, yikes. They need at least 2 DTS, depending on if they resign any of the guys that are currently on the roster. DE wise, I think Von and Rousseau are the only ones under contract.

I think the draft is going to be WR early followed by big heavies and a safety in there somewhere
            Safeties and DT are huge holes outside of WR.

Poyer’s on fumes and Hyde’s gone. Gotta draft a guy high.

We also need a high snap count DT/DE contributor out of the draft.

I’ve been thinking about it and am now leaning to a preference of a trade down if available if it keeps us in the first and would secure us an additional second. Straight one for one trade no swapping of later picks.

This would still get us a very good WR due to the depth of the position AND also allow us to get a safety plus a DT/DE/OL in the second.

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
              • Nov 2007

Core

Allen
              shakir
              kincaid
              torrence

defense

groot
              milano
              benford
              I came.
              I saw.
              I conquered.

Comment

• Mad Max
                Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
                • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral View Post

You’re right. Dodson seemed to be coming around very nicely…he’s a FA. They’ll probably try to resign him, if so he’d be added to my core list.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by kscdogbillsfan1221 View Post
                Core

Allen
                shakir
                kincaid
                torrence

defense

groot
                milano
                benford
                You’re a stingy mofo aren’t you

Comment

• POTLAND PSILBYLO
                  Asst to Dean Vernon Wormer
                  • Nov 2012

I really liked Johnson the RB. Keep that dude.

Comment

• notacon
                    • Aug 2012

Allen
                    Torrance
                    Dawkins
                    Shakir
                    Cook
                    Kincaid

Oliver
                    Rousseau
                    Bernard
                    Milano
                    Benford
                    Douglas
                    Johnson

Pretty good list.

I would add Spencer Brown. He's still on his rookie contract and he developed extremely well in 2023 and really improved. There is no doubt that he is a "core" player.

Comment

• Mad Max
                      Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
                      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Russia Go BOOM! View Post
                      I really liked Johnson the RB. Keep that dude.
                      I love Ty Johnson…but he too is a FA and I think we can improve upon both his skillset and salary with the right draft pick. My man crush right now is Audric Estime. If we can get him with a 4th, no brainer.

Comment

• notacon
                        • Aug 2012

I love Ty Johnson…but he too is a FA and I think we can improve upon both his skillset and salary with the right draft pick. My man crush right now is Audric Estime. If we can get him with a 4th, no brainer.

I like Ty Johnson a lot too.

But. he's not a "core guy".

Comment

• Kenny
                          • Aug 2004

Milano's our biggest playmaker on defense. Him and Oliver are the main 2 guys in my opinion.
                          After that you have Rousseau (who's solid but not spectacular), and then Bernard.

Benford is fine, and Douglas is getting up there in age. But really, our corners have never been spectacular, and even White was propped up by our safeties. Poyer and Hyde, back in their prime, were the best saftey duo in the league. They made this defense work. Fine with keeping Benford and Douglas obviously, but neither make this defense that much better. So long as we have smart corners that can tackle (ie Dane Jackson... ugh!) we'll be fine. But it relies on strong/phenomenal play from the saftey positions.

Agreed with the OP's list on offense. Wouldnt really touch the offense outside of finding a way to upgrade the WR corps.

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                            • Aug 2004

We need a top tier safety bad. This chiefs game is a pretty good indicator. When we finally got them to 3rd and long, the tackles made by the safeties are after they cross the 1st down mark. Used to be pass breakups. They are losing more than a step.

Rapp is not available and he is a step behind the prime years of Hyde and Poyer, but he's faster than they are now. Watch the last game Rapp played this year against Miami.

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                              • Aug 2004

We need a top tier safety bad. This chiefs game is a pretty good indicator. When we finally got them to 3rd and long, the tackles made by the safeties are after they cross the 1st down mark. Used to be pass breakups. They are losing more than a step.

Rapp is not available and he is a step behind the prime years of Hyde and Poyer, but he's faster than they are now. Watch the last game Rapp played this year against Miami.

Comment

Working...
                              X