Kincaid

Oliver
Rousseau
Bernard
Milano
Benford
Douglas
Johnson

So my list has my opinion of the 13 spots of high starting level talent we have with 9 (plus rotational depth) remaining that will either be left alone because they’re good enough or replaced via draft/FA due to expiring contracts. If we get lucky we can add 3 top level guys in this upcoming draft…that would make my list 16/22. I’d be happy with that.

YardRat
01-25-2024, 06:07 AM
Not bad lists.

TBH I'm getting tired of Dawkins antics. Everybody else on the O-line manages to act professionally and he's just not good enough to put up with his big mouth.

Forward_Lateral
01-25-2024, 06:14 AM
Not bad lists.

TBH I'm getting tired of Dawkins antics. Everybody else on the O-line manages to act professionally and he's just not good enough to put up with his big mouth.

I thought Dawkins actually had his best year as a pro.

I wouldn't touch the offense, other than WR which is obviously a need.

Defensively I think Linebacker is a strength with Milano back, Benard, Dotson. Spector has shown he can play, he's a good backup, at worst, and Dorian is still somewhat unknown, but his speed looked legit.

Corner wise, they may have to draft or sign one, depending on what they do with Dane.

Safeties, yikes. Maybe Poyer comes back one more year. Hyde would be nuts to risk it, especially after the multiple stingers he suffered this year.

D-line, yikes. They need at least 2 DTS, depending on if they resign any of the guys that are currently on the roster. DE wise, I think Von and Rousseau are the only ones under contract.

I think the draft is going to be WR early followed by big heavies and a safety in there somewhere

ghz in pittsburgh
01-25-2024, 08:43 AM
Allen
Torrance
Dawkins
Shakir
Cook
Kincaid

Oliver
Rousseau
Bernard
Milano
Benford
Douglas
Johnson

So my list has my opinion of the 13 spots of high starting level talent we have with 9 (plus rotational depth) remaining that will either be left alone because they’re good enough or replaced via draft/FA due to expiring contracts. If we get lucky we can add 3 top level guys in this upcoming draft…that would make my list 16/22. I’d be happy with that.
To me, CORE guys = you expect them to be here for another contract extension. And you need a couple of HoF potentials to win Superbowl.

Allen (HoF potential), Kincaid (early HoF potential), Torrance (so far so good).

I'm on the fence for Dawkins. He'll be 30 in April. Normally, I don't think it matters for his age but his body makeup makes me worry if he can sustain the agility continuing the path he has been in his previous off-seasons.

Cook needs to show me he can be on the field for all downs. I'm less confident on that.

Shakir may surprise me and be that dependable Julian Edelman type of receiver for Allen. Edelman is a CORE piece.

Oliver, Rousseau Bernard, yes.

Milano will be 30 when the new season starts. Based on his injury history, I don't think the Bills should give him new extension.

Benford, I don't know he showed enough to be a difference maker.

Douglas, I actually see him to be a CORE player for short term (3 years). He'll be the same age as Milano with a lot less injury history, and seems like a late boomer.

Johnson is a CORE player but it may depend on if the Bills can afford him. The secondary concern is that the way he plays, injury might be a concern with his size and getting older.

The problem is that I don't see any potential HoF guy out of our defensive side. No Chris Jones type of game changer.

mightysimi
01-25-2024, 09:31 AM
Come on Yardie you Shnow you like him

Mad Max
01-25-2024, 11:42 AM

Defensively I think Linebacker is a strength with Milano back, Benard, Dotson. Spector has shown he can play, he's a good backup, at worst, and Dorian is still somewhat unknown, but his speed looked legit.

Corner wise, they may have to draft or sign one, depending on what they do with Dane.

Safeties, yikes. Maybe Poyer comes back one more year. Hyde would be nuts to risk it, especially after the multiple stingers he suffered this year.

D-line, yikes. They need at least 2 DTS, depending on if they resign any of the guys that are currently on the roster. DE wise, I think Von and Rousseau are the only ones under contract.

I think the draft is going to be WR early followed by big heavies and a safety in there somewhere

Safeties and DT are huge holes outside of WR.

Poyer’s on fumes and Hyde’s gone. Gotta draft a guy high.

We also need a high snap count DT/DE contributor out of the draft.

I’ve been thinking about it and am now leaning to a preference of a trade down if available if it keeps us in the first and would secure us an additional second. Straight one for one trade no swapping of later picks.

This would still get us a very good WR due to the depth of the position AND also allow us to get a safety plus a DT/DE/OL in the second.

kscdogbillsfan1221
01-25-2024, 11:46 AM
Core

Allen
shakir
kincaid
torrence

defense

groot
milano
benford

Mad Max
01-25-2024, 11:50 AM

You’re right. Dodson seemed to be coming around very nicely…he’s a FA. They’ll probably try to resign him, if so he’d be added to my core list.

- - - Updated - - -

Core

Allen
shakir
kincaid
torrence

defense

groot
milano
benford

You’re a stingy mofo aren’t you :lol:

POTLAND PSILBYLO
01-25-2024, 12:06 PM
I really liked Johnson the RB. Keep that dude.

notacon
01-25-2024, 12:14 PM
Allen
Torrance
Dawkins
Shakir
Cook
Kincaid

Oliver
Rousseau
Bernard
Milano
Benford
Douglas
Johnson

Pretty good list.

I would add Spencer Brown. He's still on his rookie contract and he developed extremely well in 2023 and really improved. There is no doubt that he is a "core" player.

Mad Max
01-25-2024, 02:54 PM
I really liked Johnson the RB. Keep that dude.

I love Ty Johnson…but he too is a FA and I think we can improve upon both his skillset and salary with the right draft pick. My man crush right now is Audric Estime. If we can get him with a 4th, no brainer.

notacon
01-26-2024, 01:35 PM
I love Ty Johnson…but he too is a FA and I think we can improve upon both his skillset and salary with the right draft pick. My man crush right now is Audric Estime. If we can get him with a 4th, no brainer.

I like Ty Johnson a lot too.

But. he's not a "core guy".

Kenny
01-27-2024, 09:39 AM
Milano's our biggest playmaker on defense. Him and Oliver are the main 2 guys in my opinion.
After that you have Rousseau (who's solid but not spectacular), and then Bernard.

Benford is fine, and Douglas is getting up there in age. But really, our corners have never been spectacular, and even White was propped up by our safeties. Poyer and Hyde, back in their prime, were the best saftey duo in the league. They made this defense work. Fine with keeping Benford and Douglas obviously, but neither make this defense that much better. So long as we have smart corners that can tackle (ie Dane Jackson... ugh!) we'll be fine. But it relies on strong/phenomenal play from the saftey positions.

Agreed with the OP's list on offense. Wouldnt really touch the offense outside of finding a way to upgrade the WR corps.

ghz in pittsburgh
01-27-2024, 12:50 PM
We need a top tier safety bad. This chiefs game is a pretty good indicator. When we finally got them to 3rd and long, the tackles made by the safeties are after they cross the 1st down mark. Used to be pass breakups. They are losing more than a step.

Rapp is not available and he is a step behind the prime years of Hyde and Poyer, but he's faster than they are now. Watch the last game Rapp played this year against Miami.

ghz in pittsburgh
01-27-2024, 01:02 PM
We need a top tier safety bad. This chiefs game is a pretty good indicator. When we finally got them to 3rd and long, the tackles made by the safeties are after they cross the 1st down mark. Used to be pass breakups. They are losing more than a step.

Rapp is not available and he is a step behind the prime years of Hyde and Poyer, but he's faster than they are now. Watch the last game Rapp played this year against Miami.

Canadian'eh!
01-27-2024, 02:53 PM
Josh Allen.

His importance to the team is so far beyond anyone else it’s not even worth mentioning after him

Mr. Pink
01-29-2024, 03:16 AM
Core on offense?

Josh Allen. Dalton Kinkaid - even if I think he was a wasted pick, he's young and will grow further into his role and eventually be the reason Knox gets shown the door. James Cook. Everyone else is pretty much interchangeable parts and to a certain extent even Cook is with how little running the ball actually matters in today's NFL.

Core on defense?

Ummm. Uhhhh. We don't have one. It's all interchangeable parts. We showed that the loss of Milano wasn't a huge deal. We have no pass rush. Our safeties are antiques. We lost out best corner and made a trade that replaced him. I'll give the nod to a couple of guys I guess just because I have to...Douglas and Milano.

sukie
01-29-2024, 07:57 AM
Interchangeable parts is going to be the road forward.

lot of guys on rookie deals being churned out every 4 years.

its like what the Pats did for so long and what you see in KC. Pay 3-4 guys and the rest are rookie deals or cheap FAs

jyst look at KCs salary structure. It’s astonishing. Then when guys like Hill up for FA… Buh bye. Next.

kscdogbillsfan1221
01-29-2024, 08:18 AM
Core on offense?

Josh Allen. Dalton Kinkaid - even if I think he was a wasted pick, he's young and will grow further into his role and eventually be the reason Knox gets shown the door. James Cook. Everyone else is pretty much interchangeable parts and to a certain extent even Cook is with how little running the ball actually matters in today's NFL.

Core on defense?

Ummm. Uhhhh. We don't have one. It's all interchangeable parts. We showed that the loss of Milano wasn't a huge deal. We have no pass rush. Our safeties are antiques. We lost out best corner and made a trade that replaced him. I'll give the nod to a couple of guys I guess just because I have to...Douglas and Milano.

Geez
just gonna die on that ‘Kincaid was a wasted pick’ hill, aren’t you? No matter what he does

notacon
01-29-2024, 02:22 PM
Geez
just gonna die on that ‘Kincaid was a wasted pick’ hill, aren’t you? No matter what he does

:rofl: It was one of the silliest takes this year when there were so many to choose from.

Here it is in full in all it's glory....which is so bad on several levels...

Wasted pick [Kincaid]. Said it at the time, and the more time goes by, the more it shows.

Just another drafting blunder by this front office who gets a pass because they took Allen.

Here are a few others I nominate for "worst takes of the year"....

This is only THREE DAYS after training camp started....

Not good that both of our last 2 3rd picks [Terrel Bernard and Dorian Williams] are backups. Not good at all. Very bad use of the draft by Bean.

A note: Terrel Bernard DID become the starter, and Dorian Williams was behind Matt Milano. The idea that Williams NOT replacing Milano as starter being evidence of "Very bad use of the draft by Bean." is an epically terrible take.

Related to that one....this is only ELEVEN DAYS into training camp....

Sorry but neither LB is starting and that is a problem. Hell, the 2nd round guard [O'Cyrus Torrence] isnt even starting. When an UDFA is ahead of n2 3rd round LB's its a misuse of the draft.

O'Cryus Torrence had a STELLAR rookie year and is poised to become a high performing fixture at RG.

This is post took less than a week to be worthy for nomination of "worst take of the year"...

And no one is giving up a potential starting CB in trade EVER. They are too few and far between, their value is just under that of a starting QB. They get injured at a good rate, so if teams have CBs, they hold on tight to them. You're never getting one via a trade. Never. Fact.

That was posted 10/25/23. SIX DAYS LATER, the Bills TRADE for starting CB Rosul Douglas, that not only became an immediate starter at CB for the Bills but EXCELLED at the postilion.

This one is wish-casting of the worst kind....done after the Jax loss in only WEEK FIVE....

I’m rooting for them to lose from here on out, only a coaching change and roster turnover can fix this. I made a thread last month saying keep Josh, Diggs, and the rookie contracts. Boy oh boy was I smart

Uhhhhhh.....not so "smart" as you think.

Another that quit on the Bills after the heartbreaking Philly loss in OT....

This season is over unless they win out, which is a virtual impossibility with Marty leading the way.

I’m betting on the Bills to win this weekend but they have another 2 losses in them the rest of the way with the ginger eunuch leading us.

Hmmmm....not so "impossible" as the Bills DO, in fact, "win out" going on a six game winning streak to win the AFCE title and 2nd seed.

We could write a book with Opi's bad takes....these typify the collection that would contain multiple volumes...

Did anyone actually watch Dallas? They’re gonna smoke us.

Winning Sunday is nit happening. Too many people on this board are dismissing Dallas for no reason. Dax is going to shred this D.
<style>@font-face {font-family:"Cambria Math"; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-536870145 1107305727 0 0 415 0;}@font-face {font-family:Calibri; panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-536859905 -1073732485 9 0 511 0;}@font-face {font-family:Verdana; panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1593833729 1073750107 16 0 415 0;}p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.5pt; font-family:"Verdana",sans-serif; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; color:#222222;}.MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; font-size:10.5pt; mso-ansi-font-size:10.5pt; mso-bidi-font-size:10.5pt; font-family:"Verdana",sans-serif; mso-ascii-font-family:Verdana; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Verdana; color:#222222; mso-font-kerning:0pt; mso-ligatures:none;}div.WordSection1 {page:WordSection1;}</style>

Reminder, the Bills SMOKED the Cowboys 31-10, and Dax did NOT "shred [the Bills] D"