Bottom line for the Bills: how many HoF worthy performers on this team?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghz in pittsburgh
    • Aug 2004

Bottom line for the Bills: how many HoF worthy performers on this team?

I said this in the past. For superbowl teams, you generally need 2 or more HoF level performers, players or coachers. The early 90s team went to 4 superbowls because they had so many.

In the modern NFL era, because of salary cap, it is a lot harder to have that many. But that still holds true in reduced scale.

People like Dunne (I applaud his effort by the way, keeping the pressure on those in OBD from getting comfortable, like they are good enough), and several in forums like ours, pretty much use the argument that you have Josh Allen, you should go to the superbowl. I disagree. He's playing at HoF level in the playoffs. But he's one of 22 who are on the field. I watched Dunne's show in the past with Jim Monos and Doug Whaley. the latter 2 pretty much said the Bills got Josh Allen, McDermott and Beane is set for life here. That's exactly the type I do NOT want around the Bills organization. I don't McDermott and Beane. If that's the way they think, I don't want them around either. So far I don't get that sense though.

The time to buy such a guy is over. We need to do a better job to find him in the draft.

We have Allen. That's pretty it in the category of HoF level performer. To me, that's also the reason why people see Josh Allen doing too much because there is no one else that can perform at that level.

It is also the reason I believe Beane went out and gambled to get Von Miller. He would be a 2nd one but unfortunately he's at the end of his career and got into a major injury.

I'm hopeful that Kincaid can have a jump next year into Kelce level. That would be a much needed injection into this Bills team. Diggs was close but we see he tailed off.

We desperately need one in our defense. Christ Jones is that guy for the Chiefs and he's not even a 1st pick. It does not have to be a DL, just a game changer, a guy the defense fears. I heard so many times from Josh or other offensive players when discussing a game play saying "we need to be aware of where is at at all time." I don't know if opposing offense ever talks about the Bills defense that way ever, save for maybe 10 games Von played last year.

The time to buy such a guy in FA is over. We need to find this guy in the draft, I really don't care what position.
  • Ginger Vitis
    • Feb 2009

Re: Bottom line for the Bills: how many HoF worthy performers on this team?

Other than josh... the 2nd most likely to make the hall of fame... Dalton Kincaid

Comment

• Woodman
      Legendary Zoner
      • Apr 2014

Way too early for me to project HOF ..... Josh could get there ..... after that did Mitch Morse ever win a Super Bowl?

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
        • Aug 2004

Mitch Morse? Are you serious? He's top half center but far, far away from HoF. this year is the first time he's name pro-bowl. In terms of level, Eric Wood beat him by a large margin and Wood never threatens the HoF nomination.

The most celebrated team of modern era - the Chiefs have Mahomes, Kelce, Jones. They had Cheeta on top of that 2 years ago. Then Andy Reid. It took Reid a long time but I believe he's there now.

Comment

• Woodman
          Legendary Zoner
          • Apr 2014

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh View Post
          Mitch Morse? Are you serious? He's top half center but far, far away from HoF. this year is the first time he's name pro-bowl. In terms of level, Eric Wood beat him by a large margin and Wood never threatens the HoF nomination.

The most celebrated team of modern era - the Chiefs have Mahomes, Kelce, Jones. They had Cheeta on top of that 2 years ago. Then Andy Reid. It took Reid a long time but I believe he's there now.
          If he had 2 or 3 Super Bowl rings things would be different.

Kent Hull belongs in the HOF .... IMO.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Historian
            2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
            • Dec 2002

Other than Allen....Von Miller, and it's not for anything he's done here.

Comment

• sukie
              Seriously?
              • Sep 2012

I’ve said this for years prior to Allen. The Bills had very few players chosen in ANY fantasy league first 7 rounds. Need as many of those now as possible.

Comment

• YardRat
                Well, lookie here...
                • Dec 2004

Even Allen isn't worthy yet. He stiil has a lot to accomplish. Von Miller is the only one right now, but we're not getting that version.
                YardRat Wall of Fame
                #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                  • Aug 2004

I carefully said HoF level performer. That would exclude Von Miller. He's HoF based on his past consistent performance. It is safe to say not even 1 game this season matching anything of that level.

Allen is not a HoF, but is on that path. He did flashes of HoF level performance quite a few times, including the Chiefs playoff game. The key here is we know he had that in him, and he's capable of do that any time.

Cook showed that flash in the Dallas game. But the difference is that we don't believe he had that in him that he is capable of repeating that any time. That's why he's good player, but not a HoF level performer.

Back to the main point, if you have a few HoF level performer, then you are not totally depend on one guy to be always on top of his game, like we have been with Josh. Someone else is capable of stepping to carry the team. This is why I never bought into the argument Dunne etc. has: you have Josh Allen, you should win superbowl. I really don't believe that. As a team, we are just not as good as the Chiefs overall. Kelce is a HoF level player; he's not flashing that ability too much this season, but he stepped up against the Bills.

The Bills had no one beside Josh.

Comment

Working...
                  X